• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who gets the next big *HYPE* ? Brood?

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
When more people play ic they will be the best lol.
I dont think so, because everyone would just start to ditto them with IC (No mo Infinits...) or counter them with Snake... ehhh I mean Ally :laugh:

But yeah, ICs still have a lot of potential, more than the most.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Not to mention shield it.
o:

How's the DK-o-IC matchup though?

I've only played from the IC's side against a mediocre DK and I have to say, that match was cake.
Once you play a good DK You'll understand how hard it really is

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Nekro ^_^

Diddy or ICs ?

~Discuss

(Its better than making a new Thread isnt it ? --- Threadname Changed!!!)

GreenFox

Smash Ace
Sheik isn't good enough to be hyped you wont see anyone that is in A already ever get into S tier unless a character specific ground breaking technique surfaces which I highly doubt it and I'm like talking about a wavedash you can only use with one character :D

Rajam

Smash Champion
DDD gets ***** by Pikachu, Olimar, Falco and apparently Ice Climbers. You can't have a character like that in the top 5, let alone the top 3. Even 6th best is pushing it, honestly.
What? Dedede doesn't get *****, he surely loses thoses matches but they aren't terrible or something like ****
And Dedede can be top 5. After MK and Snake which are obvious, Diddy, Wario, Marth, Dedede, and ZSS maybe can have a chance to be between top 5

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
Sheik isn't good enough to be hyped you wont see anyone that is in A already ever get into S tier unless a character specific ground breaking technique surfaces which I highly doubt it and I'm like talking about a wavedash you can only use with one character :D
Sonic got some hype the last time.
Well, I want that same thing for Sheik.
I lol'ed so hard!

This made my day!

As for hype it's between Diddy or IC!
You are an IC main so I know who you are rooting for.
From what <3 has told me it is Diddy Kong.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
I wish people would stop using that as an example. We already have a character that has a wavedash. >_>

:069:

j0s3ph

Smash Apprentice
I think diddy will be 3rd on the list but ICs will definitely have moved up. I predict s tier to look like:
MK
Snake
Diddy
Wario
Falco
ICs
Dedede

Tidal

Smash Apprentice
IC's will get the hype. I mean, Diddy's set. We all know by now that he's 3rd >_>

swordgard

Smash Hero
I dont think so, because everyone would just start to ditto them with IC (No mo Infinits...) or counter them with Snake... ehhh I mean Ally :laugh:

But yeah, ICs still have a lot of potential, more than the most.
Oh yeah, I recall snake countering ics. Especially ally.

NOT.

Also, ics ditto you can cg to 78% : ) And infinites are still a major part of it.

-Ran

Smash Master
Though grenades let you exploit the shielding deficiency of Nana, if you aren't skilled a cooking and running, they will eventually get close enough to you to get a grab. Even if you have a grenade out, a good Ice Climber player will know which grabs to use to move you both away from the explosion in time.

humble

Smash Ace
I think ICs are too fragile to rise to 3rd- if they land a grab they land a stock, but stage counterpick system combined with the ability of many characters to seperate the ICs means they can be countered.

Diddy is solid, and I think he stands a chance of rising, though if he doesn't falco and wario are good enough that I wouldn't be surprised.

ZSS will rise, her metagame is growing fast and she has potential to do so- however, she probably won't break into the top 5.

Pit definitely has potential and tools, with the best ledge game out there, one of the best projectiles, one of the best camp games overall, and a great recovery, he seems stacked and ready to go, unfortunately no one has really done enough for him and he has a stagnant metagame.

Olimar is another great character with a weakness that prevents him from making it to the top.

Peach will rise

swordgard

Smash Hero
Ally did a terrific job of countering lains ics at Genesis I think it was.

Pretty brutal. Don't snakes counter ics?
Yup, lain is the only one who would ever stand a chance against ally anyways. No other ice climbers would even get close to doing how he did.

Dominic

Smash Apprentice
I thaught that was common knowledge, but any of you guys know that the ice climbers have a infinite ?

Top Bottom