• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who else is nervous about Brawl potentially sucking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Are we still talking about FPS'? I'm kinda out of the loop at the moment. Anyway If I tried to play CS my computer would eat the CD and my house would blow up. My PC is the crappiest thing I've come across for a long time, next to my connection.

mario-man

Smash Lord
Checked out the Smash Bros. site today. Did anyone listen to the songs they have posted??
The one called "Menu 1" is pretty dogone cool. It's the menu song for Melee, but of course they tweaked it a little. Lol

Superstar

Smash Champion
Saw the update, maybe with Zelda, Shiek will be in, but that was from an older game, so sadly, I doubt it, except that Ocarina of Time is a classic.

Also, Red Darkstar Kirby, what is your name on Kaillera?

RDK

Smash Hero
Are we still talking about FPS'? I'm kinda out of the loop at the moment. Anyway If I tried to play CS my computer would eat the CD and my house would blow up. My PC is the crappiest thing I've come across for a long time, next to my connection.
Wow. That's bad, considering that CS is a fairly old FPS and has the system requirements of Minesweeper.

Checked out the Smash Bros. site today. Did anyone listen to the songs they have posted??
The one called "Menu 1" is pretty dogone cool. It's the menu song for Melee, but of course they tweaked it a little. Lol
Yeah, the music was like a remix of the Melee one. Have you seen their music artist list? They have nearly 50 people on there or something.

P.S: Superstar, I change names on that thing so many times, you wouldn't know who I am match from match. If you ever want to fight, though, just PM me.

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
What was E3's date, again? I think it was around the 15th or something. Care to clear things up for me?

And they did somewhat mess up her hair, but she looks cool anyways.
What will be Masahiro "Mindgames" Sakurai's next move?!?!

RDK

Smash Hero
What will be Masahiro "Mindgames" Sakurai's next move?!?!
Tune in next week! Lol.

I'm sure by E3, he'll have some more sadisticly surprising plot twists for us that will make us jump for joy and wet ourselves simultaneously.

Jeah....Zelda's pretty cool lookin' now, even if they did eff up her hair.
...I'm still for the Down-B / Sword moveset thingy...that would be piiiimp.

RDK

Smash Hero
...*sigh*

I mean it would be cool if Zelda's Down-B move enabled her to pull out her TP sword and have a new moveset revolving around the use of her sword or something, in place of turning into Sheik.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
...*sigh*

I mean it would be cool if Zelda's Down-B move enabled her to pull out her TP sword and have a new moveset revolving around the use of her sword or something, in place of turning into Sheik.
Oh. I thought maybe you meant Zelda transforms into Marth or something. Lol

Seriously though, I didn't know she had a sword. I played TP but I don't remember Zelda having a sword.

HideousBeing

Smash Ace
...*sigh*

That would be unbelievably cool. It seems almost logical too- Sakurai is making Samus and Pit have two modes of moves, so why not Zelda, hmmm?

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
*Major bump*

I like the new Zelda look and hopefully she fights just as good.

I personally do not think there is going to be a sword based moveset anymore but I can't read Sakurai's mind but maybe it could happen . . . . . . . .. . . . . .

RDK

Smash Hero
but I can't read Sakurai's mind
So far, trying hasn't really helped--he always surprises me. The sword moveset thing is fun to speculate on, however...

Anyone have any ideas on what her moves would be if this new power was actually in the game?

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
I dunno... The power to be top tier?
Now, maybe it'll be shooting beams of light with the sword.. But maybe she already does that without it. Maybe she throws the sword boomerang-style. Or that charge move she used in TP. That's about it.

Adi

Smash Lord
By the looks of it I doubt they will be having an alternate moveset revolving around her sword, even the mute Sakurai would have made a reference to something that vital to her gameplay.

I also really hope that she doesn't have a sheik transformation =P.

AxemRed

Smash Journeyman
OK, saw the update. Cool song. I'm still waiting for Crono's theme, Sakurai!!!!
Agreed, but this was my favorite update by far right now.

I don't think "Cool song" cuts it ;).

C'mon...arranged versions of Song of Storms, Epona's Song, Song of Time, Saria's Song, and Zelda's Lullaby...and that was only the sample! They could have all of the ocarina songs in the full piece. That was such a kickass idea, and excellently executed.

I wonder if "Rise to the Challenge" would be a good theme for one of the FE7 lords, assuming one of them made it in.

Michiko Naruke (arrangement supervisor for this song) worked on the music for...Wild Arms series? Maybe I should go check those out now for the music at least XD.

HideousBeing

Smash Ace
So far, trying hasn't really helped--he always surprises me. The sword moveset thing is fun to speculate on, however...

Anyone have any ideas on what her moves would be if this new power was actually in the game?
I'd like to see a sword-wielding character have a brutal jab for the forward smash. Something similar to Marth's upsmash, except completely horizontal, or sorta like Link's old dash attack in ssb64.

On a side note, I don't think that Zamus's and Pit's different modes will completely change their movesets (as with Zelda/Sheik). Well, Pit maybe, but Zamus? She only changes her weapon, so would it really change her entire moveset? For example, in the second trailer, Zamus does (I think) a ftilt, dtilt, and dsmash to Link in one clip. Would having the gun or the whip really affect that? I wouldn't think so. I think her transformations may only affect her B moves, or maybe even less. With Pit it's hard to say. He seems to fight only with his weapon, so I imagine most of his moveset is different when he changes modes. What do you guys think?

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Is there something wrong with me for listening to that OoT clip OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER again? I mean, how can Brawl suck with that composure in it?

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
On a side note, I don't think that Zamus's and Pit's different modes will completely change their movesets (as with Zelda/Sheik). Well, Pit maybe, but Zamus? She only changes her weapon, so would it really change her entire moveset? For example, in the second trailer, Zamus does (I think) a ftilt, dtilt, and dsmash to Link in one clip. Would having the gun or the whip really affect that? I wouldn't think so. I think her transformations may only affect her B moves, or maybe even less. With Pit it's hard to say. He seems to fight only with his weapon, so I imagine most of his moveset is different when he changes modes. What do you guys think?
I doubt that things will be that complicated. When we see Zamus tweak with her gun, that's probably her taunt.

Both Pit and Zamus will only have one moveset... where's the need for a style change?

Sensai

Smash Master
I'm listening to the song for about the 4th time, it blasting all over my speakers. My family's getting tired of it.

Y'know, how can Brawl POSSIBLY not be good with this? Worse comes to worse, we can just turn it on and listen to this all day. It's ****in' incredible.

And Adi, according to that reasoning, you can say that Sheik won't be in either, as it would be noted by Sakurai. It's a huge part of her play, remember?

DokturSea

Smash Lord
My worst fear is them implementing some kind of dumb feature that they think will be cool but it turns out to completely ruin the game. I have yet to think of what this feature would BE, but I'm afraid of it being there.

HideousBeing

Smash Ace
I doubt that things will be that complicated. When we see Zamus tweak with her gun, that's probably her taunt.

Both Pit and Zamus will only have one moveset... where's the need for a style change?
Look, we already have seen that Pit has two different modes with his bow split and joined. We have only to see how many attacks are affected by that change. Will they all be, or will only a few, such as the arials be changed. I wonder what Pit's B moves will be when his bow is split.

BTW, don't Pit's heels look stupid in this picture? They appear to be part of his sandal. I hate how they did his toes too. They are like blended together with only a texture drawing the lines in between.

Venom_7

Smash Cadet
I'd welcome it if they took WD out. Its not as though I can't do it, its just not the way the game is meant to be played. Even if it does suck in some peoples eyes, (which i'm sure it will) everyone here knows they will still play it regardless.

mario-man

Smash Lord
I'm not so sure about that....................I'll have to SERIOUSLY consider it before I buy it.
Wavedashing is now the way the game is meant to be played, even if it wasn't the original intention.

RDK

Smash Hero
I'd welcome it if they took WD out. Its not as though I can't do it, its just not the way the game is meant to be played. Even if it does suck in some peoples eyes, (which i'm sure it will) everyone here knows they will still play it regardless.
Is there some sort of giant magnet attached to this thread that magically draws in scrubs like this every 10 or so posts that vainly argue about if wavedashing is taken out of SSBB, it would be better becasue ______, blah blah blah?

Yes, people would still play it regardless--but more people would return to SSBM and play that even more than Brawl, most likely.

Now get over yourself and go die in a hole.

Krytha

Smash Journeyman
@ Krytha
How can you hate that music=awsome. The theme to the 2 trailers is done by the guy who composed all the Final Fantasy games (each with amazing music), the Melee Menu Remix was awsome, and the Ridley theme is always sick! Just look at the musican list and be impressed.
I can hate music that I don't like. And so what if he composed for FF? I've never played a single FF game in my life so that means jackall to me. I've seen the list and I've seen nothing. Jeez, it's like you think you can get an A+ on one test in your whole life and the reputation will carry you through university?

Adi

Smash Lord
And Adi, according to that reasoning, you can say that Sheik won't be in either, as it would be noted by Sakurai. It's a huge part of her play, remember?
Not necessarily, look at Pit's character bio. Sakurai makes a reference to being able to seperate the blades at will. Now look at Samus' character profile; not a single mention of Zero Suit Samus. Transformations do not simply modify your gameplay, they completely overhaul it and force you to dynamically change your strategy and approach, therefore they are essentially individual entities, and Sakurai will most likely include them with their own individual updates.

MVPaintballer

the lil d that could
If they took WD out they would have to either

A: Remove air dodge

B: Add landing lag to air dodge

C: Add lag to jump

D: Remove directional Air-dodging

Now isn't that pleasing?

psicicle

Smash Ace
Actually, they could give the ground the same properties as the wall or ceiling. If you airdodge against those, you stay in "airdodge' stance or whatever you would call it.

Also, it doesn't matter how the game was meant to be played. If you want to wavedash, then these "intentions" (which you don't actually know) should not stop you. If I told you to play the game without say, shielding because I had incontrovertible proof that the developers didn't intend people to use it, would you just decide to stop shielding?

All of this appeal to authority is simply flawed reasoning. The developers may have made smash bros, but that does not necessarily mean that their "intended" way of playing it is better than however anybody else plays it.

RDK

Smash Hero
Actually, they could give the ground the same properties as the wall or ceiling. If you airdodge against those, you stay in "airdodge' stance or whatever you would call it.
That would be a lot of extra/unnecessary programming to the engine; then you would have to code for the end of the "airdodge" against the ground, code for returning to crouch, then have the character stand back up.

Might as well just leave it in.

HideousBeing

Smash Ace
I wonder if the Wiimote as a controller will be banned at Brawl tournaments. With Wavebirds, it was reception mix-ups. With Wiimotes, well, can you imagine how long it would take to resync all the controllers to separate wiis match after match after match? I just don't see that happening.You'd have to go one controller in the room at a time, to make sure that there are no screw-ups.

RDK

Smash Hero
Yeah, I'm not sure either. Maybe if you're gonna play with the Wiiremotes they'll have the same couple for everybody to use with that Wii.
I'm sure if people are going to host large enough tournaments, they'll have Wiimotes set out for a specific Wii console so you don't have to go through all that syncing crap.

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
Exactly.

Why won't Sakurai do the updates at 9:00??!?!
I can't go to sleep before seeing the update, so it's like a curse for me....

Why is the time at Japan different that the one at ma hous?!?!??!

We shall nevar know...

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
Look, we already have seen that Pit has two different modes with his bow split and joined. We have only to see how many attacks are affected by that change. Will they all be, or will only a few, such as the arials be changed. I wonder what Pit's B moves will be when his bow is split.
I never seen that... this just sounds like pure assumption to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom