• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who else is nervous about Brawl potentially sucking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sensai

Smash Master
The only thing that I can think of, concerning Peach, that would be considered broken is her Dsmash. Everything else (that includes the awesome ledge-gaurding of the floating Bair) is completely legit.

And in the PAL version they did try to balance things out. Fox, Sheik, Falco, Marth...they all recieved nerfs. Problem is, they're STILL godly even in PAL.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
And in the PAL version they did try to balance things out. Fox, Sheik, Falco, Marth...they all recieved nerfs. Problem is, they're STILL godly even in PAL.
Yup, but they didnt remove wavedashing. Proof that it was indeed not something they wanted removed, anyway.

Problem is, they're STILL godly even in PAL
haha how is that a problem? Screw nerfs, those characters are all amazing. Melee would be terrible if all the characters were as bad as pichu.

Metticus

Smash Cadet
i really hope they dont remove wave dashing. But if i learned anything from playing mmorpgs, the best things you enjoy from the game are taken away.

I dont think wave dashing would be taken away though, when you complete single player with fox, in his ending cinema, he is dashing all over the place.

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
Back in the day I figured out every ultra combo and all the possible combos by myself. I played the game till blisters. Now since I only remember how to do fulgors orchids and saberwulfs, I use le gamefaqs.

I used to have a non-ultra combo with orchid that had more hits than an ultra...

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/snes/game/588419.html

Gamefaqs.com is your friend ;) All the info should be there, plus more.
Thanks, forgot to search at Gamefags. And I would be discovering all that crap by myself, but I don't have all those years of practice you had. So I better take the fast and effective way before you kick my *** even harder when we fight.

Anybody wanna guess what will be today's update?

Snake FTW!!!
Even better, Cap'n Falcon FTW!!!

Edit: I doubt Fox's wavedashing, cuz we would have already used that fact as a proof that the devs put it intentionally. No.

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
That's the reason rite there. Still, I don't have Melee at hand. We'll have to wait till someone else does it.

I still don't believe you....

Where did you see that? Cuz I don't remember seeing Fox wavedashing when I played it on Very Hard.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
i'm pretty sure. i used to smoke alot of weed 0-o
LOL kickass. I'm a gigantic stoner btw. at least half of my posts made here are stoned posts

Anybody wanna guess what will be today's update?
I believe it will be... BUTTSCRATCHA? :) :laugh:

Thanks, forgot to search at Gamefags. And I would be discovering all that crap by myself, but I don't have all those years of practice you had. So I better take the fast and effective way before you kick my *** even harder when we fight.
haha dude! I also call it gamefags! you rule *High five, but not with hands. WIth knees causing us both to fly off final destination*

I havent played KI in years man. Im telling you im not godly anymore, its just gonna be noob vs noob lol I havent practiced yet but ill make sure I know my ultras, just cuz ultras are the main point of KI. ULTRA!!!! omg I love it.

Also, do you have msn yeahdude? or any IM program? We'll need Instant messaging if you wanna play on zsnes because we have to exchange IP's and the rom and blah blah, its impossible via PMs

Metticus

Smash Cadet
But I have an honest face dont I :mad:

But I digress, have we all forgotten that Brawl is goin to have Solid Snake. Thats just beyond cool.

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
So update just happened. That stage looks glorious, prolly asteroids crashing all over your face and stuff.
Lol BUTTSCRATCHA?!?! **** I would buy one just so I could yell BUTTSCRATCHA from across the ball field.
And yeah, I'll PM you mah MSN thingy right away.

I'll have to start with the Ultras tomorrow, though. Too many buttons to press.... The buttons!!!!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=FFtw7qW7Vcw This, so you can watch it over, over, over, over, over, over, over, and over again. And CF didn't die. He mindgamed you into thinking he died, so he could have a surprise kicka$$ comeback in Brawl. Half a Galaxy everyone!!!!!

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
LOOOL the Zeta one is Gold.
And I didn't know Mario could do that. Still, too little damage for a combo given by the mighty CF.
They'll pay. You'll see. They'll make him stronger.

mario-man

Smash Lord
Just a warning guys. If you post in a forum game, be mighty mighty careful about what you post, cuz I just got another infraction for posting "I have no idea whatsoever. Lol"
Eorlingas is pretty strict, so watch what you post under his watchful eye. LoL

HideousBeing

Smash Ace
i really hope they dont remove wave dashing. But if i learned anything from playing mmorpgs, the best things you enjoy from the game are taken away.

I dont think wave dashing would be taken away though, when you complete single player with fox, in his ending cinema, he is dashing all over the place.
Just beat it. I'm afraid you're wrong. Fox does not WD in his ending cinema. I don't know where you got that idea.

Sensai

Smash Master
I like Eor...he seems strict, but he's still a cool guy.

Actually, I like most of the moderators. There was a point where I didn't, but as I've grown accustomed to the fact that there will always be the elite that have power while many more suffer, I've started not to mind so much.

Better them then other people, s'all I'm saying.

RDK

Smash Hero
WTF? Are you talking about the ending sequence in Melee, or Brawl? If it's Melee, then you're just dead wrong. And if it's Brawl--how the hell do you know?

When are they going to show CF for Brawl? How can they make him cooler even possible?
Sounds impossible.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
\/\/h0's Eyedol?

Height: too tall
Weight: really heavy

Story (Basic):
Eyedol is Ultratech's trump card. Ultratech's scientists
snatched him out of Limbo to do battle with the finalist
in this year's Killer Instinct tournament. Little did they
realize what kind of power they were releasing when they
set Eyedol free from his magical prison...

Story (Extended):
Eyedol and his greatest rival, Gargos - known only in the
modern world to the Monks of the Tiger as the great Spirit
they serve - were the last surviving Warlords of ancient
times, battling for ultimate control of the land. The heroes
of the age joined together to banish them to Limbo, and for
2000 years there they stayed: but now Ultratech's meddlings
have resulted in a device that can scan the void for life, and
despite their efforts to shut it down before anything nasty
gets out, a weakened Eyedol manages to break through at
the last minute, right into the company's scheming hands.

Ending:
"Billy... Are you my long lost son Billy?..."
"Why would I be your son?... My name's Eyedol."
"My son was lost in a car crash... I give him those bracelets
for his birthday....."
"Somehow.......... we don't think so."
<WHAP!>
"aaaahhhhhhhhhhhh..."

From the Almighty Killer Instinct for SNES. One of the greatest fighters of its time. 1994

mario-man

Smash Lord
I like Eor...he seems strict, but he's still a cool guy.

Actually, I like most of the moderators. There was a point where I didn't, but as I've grown accustomed to the fact that there will always be the elite that have power while many more suffer, I've started not to mind so much.

Better them then other people, s'all I'm saying.
I'm not sayin that he's mean or anything like that, I'm just saying he follows the rules to a fault.(Pun intended)

RDK

Smash Hero
I'm not sayin that he's mean or anything like that, I'm just saying he follows the rules to a fault.(Pun intended)
If he didn't nail every Tom, Bob and Joe for minor infractions, we'd be crawling with bad grammar, bad one-liners and posts in all caps. *shudders*

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!

RDK

Smash Hero
Haha, that sig is freakin hilarious. Well played sir
Thanks, BJDavis.

What is this Killer Instinct game you guys are talking about?

did by two famous SF2 players on the arcade version
If it's an arcade game, and you love it so much, you could probably find the rom for MAME or some other arcade emulator.

Rash

Smash Ace
I actually enjoyed Killer Instinct heavily back when it first came out. Great stuff, maybe even better than Street Fighter in many respects. Although, I never got around to playing the N64 iteration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom