• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who else is nervous about Brawl potentially sucking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super Smash Dude

Smash Cadet
BITE YOUR TOUNGE! IF ANY OF YOU THINK THAT BRAWL IS NOT GOING TO BE COMPLETELY AWESOME... Well, I DON'T KNOW! BUT I KNOW IT'S GOING TO BE COMPLETELY AWESOME! YOU SHOULD TOO!

Super Smash Dude

Smash Cadet
TYPING IN CAPITALS MAKES YOUR ESTIMATIONS ABOUT BRAWL'S SUCCESS ALL THE MORE VALID!
I DON'T GET WHAT YOU JUST TYPED! BUT I THINK IT HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH YOU THINKING THAT I THINK THAT BRAWL IS GOING TO BE AWESOME! AND YOU'RE RIGHT! I DO THINK THAT BRAWL IS GOING TO BE AWESOME! YOU SHOULD TOO!

ALSO! How'd you get a custom avatar? I had to pick mine from what they had, and also how'd you get a picture on the signature?

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
ALSO! How'd you get a custom avatar? I had to pick mine from what they had, and also how'd you get a picture on the signature?
My avatar is actually in the list of ones you can choose from. Anyone can use it.

As for the signature, well my friend Sariku made it and I edited my signature and put the URL of the image in img tags.

[ /IMG]

like that without the spaces, put the url of your image inbetween them in the signature editing box.

yo axem, Turtles in time, A.S.A.P!!! :chuckle:

Super Smash Dude

Smash Cadet
My avatar is actually in the list of ones you can choose from. Anyone can use it.

As for the signature, well my friend Sariku made it and I edited my signature and put the URL of the image in img tags.

[ /IMG]

like that without the spaces, put the url of your image inbetween them in the signature editing box.

yo axem, Turtles in time, A.S.A.P!!! :chuckle:[/QUOTE]

Oooooh, thanks!

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
POOPSICKLE!!!!

Lol, I'm having so much f'in trouble with Eyedol. That dude is an a$$face.
*goes to practice some more*
Eyedol is indeed an assface. The only way I managed to beat the hardest difficulty at first was with the eyedol cheat, and then when I got uber enough later on I did it with saburwulf.

Im like you though Ive lost my game haha so Ill practice a little tonight too before we have our epic KI matches of dooom!

Ill try to pick up a few chars so it doesnt get dull... my philosophy is if you don't end the match with an ultra combo, why are you playing KI?

Metticus

Smash Cadet
The real question is if people will be nervous or not about potentially sucking on it's online play.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
The real question is if people will be nervous or not about potentially sucking on it's online play.
Online play wont suck. But it won't work for serious matches because of lag and whatnot. I have no doubts itll be one of the most popular and greatest online games ever.

My biggest hope is that through the wii, they can get SSBM online. In which case I honnestly would quit brawl and play melee online aswell as ssb64. I just love em both so much.

bjdavis420

Smash Journeyman
I agree Dylan_Tnga, if they could have Melee online, and we always have Kaillera, then yeah, i might not even play brawl either.

Actually, now that i think about it, I would drop out of school and divide my time between, 64, melee, and brawl (and pot). Oh yeah, I guess I have to throw Halo 3 in there some time as well.... not enough hours in the day.

Online play wont suck. But it won't work for serious matches because of lag and whatnot. I have no doubts itll be one of the most popular and greatest online games ever.

My biggest hope is that through the wii, they can get SSBM online. In which case I honnestly would quit brawl and play melee online aswell as ssb64. I just love em both so much.
Quit Brawl? That's madness!!!

Why would you do such a thing?I think Brawl will turn out better than Melee. >_>

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
I agree Dylan_Tnga, if they could have Melee online, and we always have Kaillera, then yeah, i might not even play brawl either.

Actually, now that i think about it, I would drop out of school and divide my time between, 64, melee, and brawl (and pot). Oh yeah, I guess I have to throw Halo 3 in there some time as well.... not enough hours in the day.
hahhaa...

Id drop out of school and divide myself in the same way I guess...

Metal/playing metal/ssb64online/melee online/ super nintendo games / weed + beer. / sluts

Yup. Thats the life.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
0.o What's with the faith/hope Eternal phoenix Fire? Unless it is all sarcasm. >_>

I definitely hope online on Brawl is a viable option to practice for tournaments. No one in a 45 minute radius is around to practice with. :urg:

This dropping out thing doesn't sound too bad. All I need is money to keep living the life I am living.

Metticus

Smash Cadet
I have a feeling that there's goin to be a Halo effect with Brawl. You know how everyone was all into Halo, then when Halo 2 came out, players were like not warming up to it at first. And now that Halo 3 coming out, the same **** is goin on.

I bet at first Brawl wont meet up to our expectations, but then we will eventually merge into that.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
0.o What's with the faith/hope Eternal phoenix Fire? Unless it is all sarcasm. >_>
Sarcasm, methinks ;)

I definitely hope online on Brawl is a viable option to practice for tournaments. No one in a 45 minute radius is around to practice with. :urg:
It probably will be. Poor Nesnoob :( *hug* When I get the teleportation thingy working Ill let you know when the smashfest is :laugh:

This dropping out thing doesn't sound too bad. All I need is money to keep living the life I am living.
**** school. I hate school, I dont get paid, its bull****, I hate it. Yes I finished highschool. **** I hate college.

bjdavis420

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, but Halo 2 sucked balls compared to Halo (atleast to those people who became UNSTOPPABLE with the pistol). If they bring pistol back (and a screen shot HAS a similar pistol in it) then im seriously going to have to divide up time between brawl/halo 3/ssb64. Melee is an incredible sequal to 64, while Halo 2 was a completely different game than Halo 1. Im thinkin that Brawl is going to be amazing, and I also think that Bungie is going to pay ATTENTION this time when they make Halo 3. If not, then I can make it withou Halo 3, but if Brawl sucks (god forbid) then im going to form a posse, and kidnap Sakurai until he makes a good version of Brawl ;)

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
^^ I agree sooo much. I never ever played halo competitivly, just with one friend. but I LOVED to do 1v1s or ffas with a few people on halo 1.

halo 2 the moment I started playing I hated it. No pistol, is one reason. ANother is.. WTF NO HEALTH?!

I loved killing my friend, having a sliver of health left and snagging that health pack or, knowing hes going to go for the healthpack and sniping him pistol style from afar.

Pistol >>> sniper rifle. Headshot for the WIN AND PWN

Metticus

Smash Cadet
But thats what im talking about. We have to remember that this is goin to be a new game, so they probably will fix/change/add/or delete certain things that would give people an unfair advantage.

Oh lord, speaking of unfair advantages. I can just see it now, so many people using Hax for Brawl.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
But thats what im talking about. We have to remember that this is goin to be a new game, so they probably will fix/change/add/or delete certain things that would give people an unfair advantage.
Care to name something in melee thats unfair and gives anybody an advantage? Please don't say the shine. Please? :confused:

Oh lord, speaking of unfair advantages. I can just see it now, so many people using Hax for Brawl.
Meh im sure theyll either be caught, or really obvious. unless its like some small hack to make one button short hop or something...

come to think of it, maybe you could use a modded controller online? No one would know.

I wouldnt care anyway, everyone I play against has all the techs nailed so I really dont care if theres a 2nd button for a short hop as long as you can still do it the old fashioned way, doesnt affect me and it seems harder to press two buttons to jump rather than one IMO.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I'd stay away from online if there was ever a japanese DI cheat for brawl. I did it today and it freaked everyone out. Samus shot a full charge at my Falcon [come on, he's the only one man enough to survive such a feat] and I DI'd it and slide across the floor. Now if only I could do that every single time I get hit....

Metticus

Smash Cadet
Care to name something in melee thats unfair and gives anybody an advantage? Please don't say the shine. Please? :confused:
Um.. i think there is one with Peach and her butt attack. But honestly, half of the advance techniques that melee has would of probably be removed through updates if melee was online. Am i right or what.

HideousBeing

Smash Ace
Um.. i think there is one with Peach and her butt attack. But honestly, half of the advance techniques that melee has would of probably be removed through updates if melee was online. Am i right or what.
Peach Bomb is broken? Mmmph... :laugh:

As before mentioned, I totally agree with the idea of fixing SSBM to be Wi-Fi compatible. Though whether I play that or not would depend on Brawl now, wouldn't it?

Let's move the topic to.... THE NEXT SMASH BROS GAME!!!

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
I don't really care if the tier list changes or not (I know it will but I won't care). All I care about is if the game engine is deep, the character roster is diverese on how they are played (projectile characters, heavy characters, fast characters, arial characters, mixes between those and others I missed), and the online multiplayer is good. Of course I want it to be balanced, I just do not care as much about it as the three things above.

I totally forgot about that CF has to be in Brawl or else it will suck. >_>

Wall of Text FTW!

Edit: I make so many grammar mistakes. >_>

2nd Edit: Thanks, I needed that hug Dylan. ;)

3rd Edit: I got referal. I don't know what I did besides maybe I got reported for having a one line post.

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
Eyedol is indeed an assface. The only way I managed to beat the hardest difficulty at first was with the eyedol cheat, and then when I got uber enough later on I did it with saburwulf.

Im like you though Ive lost my game haha so Ill practice a little tonight too before we have our epic KI matches of dooom!

Ill try to pick up a few chars so it doesnt get dull... my philosophy is if you don't end the match with an ultra combo, why are you playing KI?
Dude, do you know if there is a FaQ or somthin that shows you the Ultras and the other stuff?
Cuz I'm already gettin decent with Thunder and Saberwulf, but I want to know how to do the Ultras and use other players. I can't even get a Hyper with Spinal. That Mofo..... HAX!!!!!

And another thing. How much time do you think it takes to get from lvl 65 to 99 in CT. I think about it and it makes me want to puke. >.<

marth8000

Smash Cadet
i am a little worried about it but we must have faith that they won't let us down and it will kickass

Rash

Smash Ace
As long as ganon is around, I will be happy. If he isnt, then once again, i will have to form that posse...
I wouldn't worry about it. Ganon's going to be back and better than ever. Sakurai knows that there was a lot of dissapointment when Ganon was revealed as a clone of CF; he'll probably have something very special in store for the beloved Zelda villain, methinks.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Peaches Dsmash is broken. Sorry, but it's true. I know you can avoid it and (if you're good) DI out of it, but that just pisses me off.

The shine is broken too, but I don't care, because it takes some mad skill to pull some of that shine crap off.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
You're completly wrong. proof? PAL version. GG. and if you think either peaches bair, or her forward b are broken moves (since those are her two.. butt attacks) well uh.. why?

de, do you know if there is a FaQ or somthin that shows you the Ultras and the other stuff?
Cuz I'm already gettin decent with Thunder and Saberwulf, but I want to know how to do the Ultras and use other players. I can't even get a Hyper with Spinal. That Mofo..... HAX!!!!!
Back in the day I figured out every ultra combo and all the possible combos by myself. I played the game till blisters. Now since I only remember how to do fulgors orchids and saberwulfs, I use le gamefaqs.

I used to have a non-ultra combo with orchid that had more hits than an ultra...

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/snes/game/588419.html

Gamefaqs.com is your friend ;) All the info should be there, plus more.

Sakurai knows that there was a lot of dissapointment when Ganon was revealed as a clone of CF
Despite the animations being the same, I still don't think Ganon is a clone. its like saying falco is a clone of fox. The attack animations are the same for most attacks but ganon has a different fair, and utilt. They play completly differently, Id say donkeykong is closer to ganons playstyle than captain falcon.

Peaches Dsmash is broken. Sorry, but it's true. I know you can avoid it and (if you're good) DI out of it, but that just pisses me off.

The shine is broken too, but I don't care, because it takes some mad skill to pull some of that shine crap off.
Meh, lots of **** is broken. But its the broken **** that makes the game good (for me)

psicicle

Smash Ace
I'd stay away from online if there was ever a japanese DI cheat for brawl. I did it today and it freaked everyone out. Samus shot a full charge at my Falcon [come on, he's the only one man enough to survive such a feat] and I DI'd it and slide across the floor. Now if only I could do that every single time I get hit....

Heh, I went to training mode to see how much smash DI would affect you and had 2 samuses (charge beam for hitstun). Set it to 1/4 speed and I managed to survive full charges all the way to 270% or so!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom