• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who else is nervous about Brawl potentially sucking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
You're all wrong!!!!
It's called "Flawless Victory.... Fatality!!"

Edit: Now that I think of it, Peppy would have a taunt for every direction in the D-pad...
That Hare is annoying at times...
I really want Falco back, primarily because he is my main.
Hope Sakurai-sama doesn't take him out.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
I say 5 stock because thats more stock than 4.. duh.

I always play with 4 though unless its a crew battle in which case it can be anywhere from 4-6 depending on how the teams are split.. usually we are odd people so we have a team with less players but same ammount of stocks.

mark.

Smash Journeyman
this is still up? lol i thought it wouldve died.

but yeah. if brawl sucks then ill just play it for the melee fun and if it doesnt, then fkawesome.
(prewarn theory: people might think brawl is gonna suck when it comes out because they 'didnt include the advanced techniques right off the bat. sigh)

crappy, because the smash community is supposedly smaller than the amt. of people who play smash.

but what can we do :/

Sensai

Smash Master
This is ALWAYS up.

And Mark, you gotta keep me updated on Ubuntu. w00t for Linux users.

5-stocking isn't real. It's just when you beat someone REALLY badly, or like saying 'mindgames' or something. It's just a hyperbole.

HideousBeing

Smash Ace
This is ALWAYS up.

And Mark, you gotta keep me updated on Ubuntu. w00t for Linux users.

5-stocking isn't real. It's just when you beat someone REALLY badly, or like saying 'mindgames' or something. It's just a hyperbole.
After 4-stocking someone, the performance must have been so impressive, you feel like you 5-stocked them. How badly would you have to beat them to use that expression?

Joe_Sumo

Smash Apprentice
I am also kinda worried about brawl. If marth is taken out i think I'd have a hard time coping.

I hope those gay little "super smashes" shown in the trailers dont affect gameplay much. They look cheap.

Melee really is pretty dam close to a perfect game. I hope they keep wavedashing and L canceling as well as the other character specific tricks.

The ONLY thing that needs to be removed to the best of nintendo's abilities is the tiers. Marth Sheik and Fox (all my favorite characters ftw) are all "overpowered". Actually thats the wrong term. They're not too strong, SOME *Pichu cough cough* of the other characters are just too "weak". I understand that may not be possible (but really duz the lightest charactar have to hurt itself, really what is pichu good for lol)

Also a no brainer melee and brawl need online play to compete with halo 3 coming out this summer i think.

And i definetly agree, MELEE WILL NEVER DIE! ! ! =P

Adi

Smash Lord
JV 4 stock is when you 3 stock someone with your life at 0%.
Doh my bad

@Joe_Sumo

You won't have to worry about the final smashes too much because it is used by an item which can be triggered on and off. However the depth of Brawl is definetely something we have to worry about. However I feel that Sakurai has just as much of an ear for the tournament community as the casual community. Take the controller scheme, the fact that he even implemented the gamecube controller is proof that he understands that motion sensitivity would only hinder Brawl. I'm sure they also know of the advanced techniques that exist today and have watched professional videos to see how they were implemented.

BTW Stay on topic ;D

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
im really nervous because melee is sooo great and it makes me think can it get better and im hearin abou them chucking out character and im just hopin they dont chuck out peach lol

Sensai

Smash Master
I love how in this thread 'stay on topic' really means 'stay off topic'.

Shai, why do you know all this terminology? Better yet: Smash community, why do we have these stupid as **** terms?

mario-man

Smash Lord
This thread won't die!!! JAPANESE DI!!!!!

On topic, off topic, you know.........it means the same either way. LoL

Rash

Smash Ace
After having seen all that's been shown to us through the Smash Bros. site, and realizing how much effort is really going into this project, I just refuse to even think that this game may turn out even remotely sucky.

capncone

Smash Apprentice
I'm sure the game will be amazing, and even if they do focus on the "Fun for noobs" aspect, people will figure out how to MAKE it a game for serious gamers also.

Zephyr

Smash Lord
Hmm...you know, that sounds a whole lot like Melee. >_>

Where did the WEINABPS community go? I feel alone. I also suck at Super Mario World.

Zephyr

Smash Lord
No, it's just a really long acronym for the title of this thread. >_>

GEEZ, I've been making way too many one-liners lately.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
All Sakurai needs to do is add Falcon with his pink and white outfit and Brawl will get a 11 out of 10, and for 12 out of 10, he just has to make Falcon say more stuff, Falcon knee anyone?

Falcon is the pinnacle of manliness, thus his place in Brawl is priceless.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
All Sakurai needs to do is add Falcon with his pink and white outfit and Brawl will get a 11 out of 10, and for 12 out of 10, he just has to make Falcon say more stuff, Falcon knee anyone?

Falcon is the pinnacle of manliness, thus his place in Brawl is priceless.
I agree. The best falcon players mained falcon since melee came out, ie : Isai and Darkrain and a guy from montreal called Matt. (only plays falcon. Only. never anything but the one true, falcon)

So maybe for brawl I will ONLY play falcon, and worry about learning how to combo percentage wise each character in the game, and there will be a lot.

Eat my ****ing knee ridley.

Also :

*Ahem* Took tryouts today for °PÞ-§° Clan on kaillera against superboomfan and the verdict was....

Dylan_Tnga --------> ¨°PÞ-§°¨ Tnga

Sweeeeet. It's an elite clan, one of the best. iXi sucks. No offence Axem, but ive beaten like 95% of the ixi people now, if you're still ixi then I am NOT saying you suck. far from it.. have to play you axem, ice sword 2!!! Also, tigerbombsiXi rules. I havent played or beaten him yet, and I dont wanna try yet because hes really obnoxious and would gloat if he pwnd me so ill train more.

yahooo! Im in PP-S !! :chuckle:

@ yeahdude : That was the most RANDOM post of this thread. You win an award. The award is that if you have a child, he will become captain falcon and make you the proudest father ever *sniff*

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
I want pie. :(

What is with all the people actually off/on topic talking about Brawl? I have never seen that many in a row. There must be someway to make them stay on topic right? :D

Oh, and congratulations Dylan. I know nothing about the online 64 community, but that does sound good. The only part I understood was tigerbombz (seen his posts here) and he is obnoxious. lol

I am staying on topic Zephyr. :D Yay!

As a sidenote, this must be the most incoherent post I made, yet. I skip around all over the place. lol

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
I want pie. :(

What is with all the people actually off/on topic talking about Brawl? I have never seen that many in a row. There must be someway to make them stay on topic right? :D

Oh, and congratulations Dylan. I know nothing about the online 64 community, but that does sound good. The only part I understood was tigerbombz (seen his posts here) and he is obnoxious. lol

I am staying on topic Zephyr. :D Yay!

As a sidenote, this must be the most incoherent post I made, yet. I skip around all over the place. lol
That settles it. The last page of the thread plus your post have now officially mindgames me. GG thread. I totally just got 2 stocked by my own thread.

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
@ yeahdude : That was the most RANDOM post of this thread. You win an award. The award is that if you have a child, he will become captain falcon and make you the proudest father ever *sniff*
W00T OMG YESSSS!!!!!!!
I already feel proud.... Super Falcon will knee the faces of the other babies at the hospital if they disturb his sleep. And I will buy him a ship when he gets old enough to drive.... Wait. Everybody with "Falcon" in his name is born ready!!! so... Yeah, I'll start saving tomorrow.

And BTW, did my prediction work out?
I bet it did....

Sensai

Smash Master
(even MORE off topic)

Anyone ever play Killer7? I just bought it yesterday and just got done playing it for like 30 minutes or so....weird game. One of the very few that's ever honestly weirded me out.

Veeeeeeeeeery weird...

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
(even MORE off topic)

Anyone ever play Killer7

Oh wait, I mean Killer Instinct. Yes this is sensai writing this and not Dylan (mindgames)
HELL YEAH I DO!!

C-C-C-C-C-c-c-c-c-c-COMBO BREAKERRRR!!!!!!!

Ultra! ultra! ultra! ultra! ultra! wow before smash that was the fighter I devoted my life too as a kid. I was too good no body in the city could beat me. and I made my dad throw the controller on the ground. ULTRA!

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
Yeah, I've heard that it's pretty weird. I'm gonna watch some videos of it in YouTube to test that...
OK, who wants to bet on what the next update will be?
I'll go with Character-related things. The Final Smash week theory looks good.

Edit: you and your mindgames Sensai... Lol.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
HELL YEAH I DO!!

C-C-C-C-C-c-c-c-c-c-COMBO BREAKERRRR!!!!!!!

Ultra! ultra! ultra! ultra! ultra! wow before smash that was the fighter I devoted my life too as a kid. I was too good no body in the city could beat me. and I made my dad throw the controller on the ground. ULTRA!
Wrong game. What you are thinking of is Killer Instinct (fun game) the fighter while Sensai is talking about a surreal on-rails shooter, adventure game. It has alot of violence with strange cell shaded graphics.

Yeah Sensai, strange game.

Edit: Dylan mindgamezed me. :( I didn't read the quote in full lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom