• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who else is nervous about Brawl potentially sucking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
My controllers kind of ****ty but it allows me to do the really good stuff if Im precise.

I play with a dpad mostly,, ps2 dualshock usb controller..

I want the adaptor for a n64 controller... its not that expensive and is availible online

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
I dunno wth is goin on, but everytime I run the ROM and then close it won't work anymore and I have to download again. -.- It won't ****1NG accept the ROM ARRRGHHHHH!!!!! just when I was so freakin close DAMMIT!

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I main Yoshi in SSB64, for reason the other characters don't do it for me, it's between Yoshi, Falcon and Kirby right now. I can't play online so I can't show any of my skill, or lack thereof.

McCloud_Master

Smash Apprentice
Sorry for being harsh bud. But really DO go to that thread I mentioned.

And Zephyr thx for that one. Incredible to think that those **** can do that in so little time.
Guess I'll spend some of my weekend time trying to do that. I will phail, but not without giving em a fight!1!1!!!11
I looked, and there is so many terms o.o I knew about Wavedashing but Not about DI. I guess I will have to master all of that stuff if I want to be good :p

AxemRed

Smash Journeyman
What's this? People have the smash 64 online bug again? I can see some sweet team brawls coming up...just have to fix my comp first X_X. I hate when something's supposed to come in the mail in two days and it takes over a week...

RDK

Smash Hero
My controllers kind of ****ty but it allows me to do the really good stuff if Im precise.

I play with a dpad mostly,, ps2 dualshock usb controller..

I want the adaptor for a n64 controller... its not that expensive and is availible online
Anything's better than a keyboard.

I have one of those wireless rumble Logitech thingies, and it works just fine--if you want to pay the $30 for it. Which was fine for me, because I use it for other computer games.

EDIT:
Dylan, I just looked at your post again and read the part about N64 adapters...

They're not available in stores because they're not made commercially. People hardwire the controllers onto a simple USB wire.

If you'd like for me to explain further so you can make one yourself without having to pay for it, PM me.

Superstar

Smash Champion
I've been gone for a while, Pokemon is just too addicting, and so is programming. Its weird how Pokemon has a competetive side as well [in other words, standard battle, certain legendaries banned (they make the Metagame to shallow)].

But anyways, I should try out Kaillera again, haven't in a while, Dylan, we need to enter battle again. I stink worse than ever before though. And here's hoping the Brawl update will actually have something worthwile in it, first big thing for me was the actual confirmation that GC controllers are compatible.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
Smash DI down during the hit frames while autosmash DI down. Once you're sent flying, keep C-sticking down and DI either down/left or up/right.

It's easiest to do on Samus' charged shot. You see it coming and you have multiple frames to Smash DI. Much harder to do on pretty much every other move in the game.

Superstar

Smash Champion
I normally don't look at videos cause of my slow internet, but I saw it. That was some AMAZING DI! I need to try that soon, but it looks very complicated to memorize [ok, smash control stick downwards, then while flying, repeatedly mash C-Stick down and use Control Stick DI, that it?].

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Holy crap, I've survived hits like that once in a while but it happens very rarely, mainly because of pure luck. I have awful DI [Barbadian DI ftl] [actually I'm not sure if I even DI at all] so it's not too hard to send me flying.

HideousBeing

Smash Ace
NES Noob, how come I see you occasionally in the Bowser Forums? Do you like playing Bowser too? Zelda's my main, but Bowser's my close second, because he's my scrub/n00b owner. When I hear a n00b say that Bowser is so easy, I beat him with Bowser. When a scrub starts whining about Sheik is high tier and his character is lower, I beat him with Bowser. Come to think of it, I don't know why I don't use Zelda, who is bottom tier also, except that it seems a lot more humiliating to get beat by the King of the Koopas.

That aside, we need to get this thread back on topic quickly, or it'll be locked for sure. The last few pages were discussion about smash64online configuration? Let's not let the best brawl thread ever die.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I heard something about graphics plug-ins for errors like flat shields, samus power blast [I forgot the real name] glitch, etc. anyone know where to get one?

Superstar

Smash Champion
HideousBeing, its been offtopic for the last 100 pages.

Also, Red Exodus, I remember giving a copy of that plugin to Dylan. Now, in order to get, search Google for Project64 1.6 [the offline version]. In there you will see a copy of the latest graphics plugin. Copy it, rename it to the same name as the version 7 plugin, and rewrite the old graphics plugin in Project 64K. Sound easy enough?

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
NES N00b, you seriously need to toggle the option to have more posts on a page. I only have 65 pages in this thread right now. That must be annoying as hell to have to change the page every 15 posts or whatever you have it set to.

charizardpal

Smash Rookie
On topic: the game will probably introduce annoying random 'party items' cloned characters and useless moves. Only a handful of characters will be played to be top-tier, and new glitches like WD will be exploited to make the game interesting. Players might make the game fun where the game designers fail miserably.

Then of course, I always thought SSB was better than mele in terms of sheer fun. Melee has more options and is faster but not more fun. In fact, it lost some of the party spirit....I prefer to play the original.

Tedius Zanarukando

Smash Apprentice
I am not anticipating Super Smash Bros. Brawl. If Lip from Panel de Pon makes it in Brawl but Ayra from Fire Emblem: Seisen no Keifu does not, I will boycott Brawl. That may seem trivial, but it is my reason to boycott the game.

Zephyr

Smash Lord
...wow. OK then.

Hideous, I say to you exactly what Superstar said: This topic is a mini community of people who enjoy hanging out online. Ignore the thread title. Just have fun.

To Tedius, wtf? You would boycott an entire game just because one character got in over another?

Pretty immature, I would think. You aren't willing to adapt to what Sakurai gives you? You do realize that you are not his only customer, right?

I don't understand that thought process at all.

To Superstar: Heck yes! Pokemon has such a cool competitive scene that's ignored by so many people. I'm EV training an Adamant Metagross right now, and it's taking forever. >_>

EDIT: Join this forum http://z8.invisionfree.com/wobba/index.php?act=idx

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
^^^No. I actually think he's just stupid.

Btw, neither of those characters will make it, so don't worry.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
how do you play it online?
i am getting pretty good with the keyboard, having never realized that i could use an actual n64 controller on my computer.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
^^^No. I actually think he's just stupid.

Btw, neither of those characters will make it, so don't worry.
That is a great theory. In fact, that sounds much more plausible than mine. (Not being sarcastic) Seriously, he thinks that a minor character in Fire Emblem should make it in while an obscure main character in a Japanese only game should not make it in (Lip definitely has more chances but is still very low). If that is his only reason for denying Brawl, then yeah Mr.GAW are definitely right. :ohwell:

I look way into things. Lol

@ above poster, download project 64k

Cenedar

Smash Ace
Lip over Ayra means no brawl for you? Ummm.... right then....

Let's pretend for a second that we care... okay, that was fun.

I remember reading that exact same post on NSiders or somewhere... coincidence? I think not, but I digress. so I'll just drive the point home again. While it is a stupid reason, nobody is going to really care that much if you boycott it for that. And you really don't have to worry anyway seeing as I seriously doubt Lip OR Ayra will be in. So relax man, and enjoy the game when it comes. I'm sure you'll find other characters you'll like.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
HideousBeing, its been offtopic for the last 100 pages.

Also, Red Exodus, I remember giving a copy of that plugin to Dylan. Now, in order to get, search Google for Project64 1.6 [the offline version]. In there you will see a copy of the latest graphics plugin. Copy it, rename it to the same name as the version 7 plugin, and rewrite the old graphics plugin in Project 64K. Sound easy enough?
Haha im on a new computer I remember yours worked on the old one but for some reason (and I kept the pm ya sent me) it works only in single player mode for me now ^_^

SO I know the range of samus invisible charge shot and dont care about shields because I know by instinct how long I can take before I can roll.

Man... I play some people on kaillera that are ''good'' as in they can do combos they can **** you up.. thing is. They expect me to run into their attacks, and I play falcon, so I just run around and fastfall plus stuff close to their face and make em react, watch what they do and generally grab them and combo.. I grab a lot its a quick punisher and always worth it but I also mix in techchase stomps and when bold, Shorthop over him reverse falconpunch techchase.

And they always tell me ''Grab much?'' is like uh.. get grabbed much??

S C R U B attitude, im totally positive and no johns, gg. and theyre like meh how could you beat my awesome ness, why dont you run into my attacks, why dont you die (I can di hehe)

etc.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Dude, your on topic post is out of place in this thread. Bend the logic and you'll screw with this central force of logic and DI in chaos that we have to avoid repeated locking missiles from mic_128.

Yup.

Superstar

Smash Champion
Maybe we can get on topic when some people post about what they think of the game. So, maybe we can get on topic for certain bursts. How can we possibly stay on topic for all these months?

Also, Dylan, congrats on the post number, I'm still on 251... But I'm in no rush, you don't really get anything for post number [except that some people try using it as a method of symbolizing intellegence.

To Superstar: Heck yes! Pokemon has such a cool competitive scene that's ignored by so many people. I'm EV training an Adamant Metagross right now, and it's taking forever. >_>

EDIT: Join this forum http://z8.invisionfree.com/wobba/index.php?act=idx
Yeah, right now I'm getting my careful Forretress ready, Spikes and Stealth Rock/Toxic Spikes make switching PAINFUL, and if someone just tries to beat you, you can blow up in their face, HA, BETTER than my Snorlax. However, I don't know about the website, really don't know... Really don't know if I should join, as my dad is strict about me joining new sites...

Haha im on a new computer I remember yours worked on the old one but for some reason (and I kept the pm ya sent me) it works only in single player mode for me now ^_^

SO I know the range of samus invisible charge shot and dont care about shields because I know by instinct how long I can take before I can roll.

Man... I play some people on kaillera that are ''good'' as in they can do combos they can **** you up.. thing is. They expect me to run into their attacks, and I play falcon, so I just run around and fastfall plus stuff close to their face and make em react, watch what they do and generally grab them and combo.. I grab a lot its a quick punisher and always worth it but I also mix in techchase stomps and when bold, Shorthop over him reverse falconpunch techchase.

And they always tell me ''Grab much?'' is like uh.. get grabbed much??

S C R U B attitude, im totally positive and no johns, gg. and theyre like meh how could you beat my awesome ness, why dont you run into my attacks, why dont you die (I can di hehe)

etc.
Playing online causes the emulator to load version 7 no matter which one you have on the settings, what you have to do it trick it into thinking that 8 is 7 by renaming exactly the same as the version 7.

And Scrubs are EVERYWHERE, just TOO common. In every game there are scrubs. However, an interesting part of that Sirlin play to win article is that if you read on the later installments, they mention that playing to win all out [100%] is actually bad. They mentioned that "Playing to Win" does not always work with "Playing to Learn". For example, if you play to "learn", you will take risks that lower your chances of winning to prepare you to win [like Wavedashing everywhere lowers your chances of winning, but let's you learn when/when not to wavedash]. Actually, those articles tell you to do both. :)

mario-man

Smash Lord
Dude, your on topic post is out of place in this thread. Bend the logic and you'll screw with this central force of logic and DI in chaos that we have to avoid repeated locking missiles from mic_128.

Yup.
Soooooo HILLARIOUS, yet sooooooo true at the same time. It's so cool it isn't funny, and I'm weird, and you don't give a care even in the slightest. LooooooooL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom