• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who else is nervous about Brawl potentially sucking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
*If Dylan reads this* Link is so awesome because he is the top of low tier. His edgeguarding skills, projectiles, disjointed hitboxes, grab combos (good luck landing them alot lol), priority, and recovery make up for Link's laggy moves, inconsistent combos, speed, and his overall comboability. Look at his moonwalk and pretty boy taunt. You know his awesomeness overshadows everybody (yes including CF). [/sarcasm]

I really do like playing as Link, though. I think he might be my best character. I mean my best character relative to tiers and stuff like that for how much I should be doing for each character (I do about the same with Marth and Link sometimes but I mostly do better with Link. Yeah. . . . . . >_>)
I know saying he is my best character makes me sound like a n00b and that is because I am. Lol

~rh

Smash Lord
I can see myself pogoing on a fox

****, I gotta go get another pair of pants.

EDIT: Hideous we have very similar sigs lol

NES n00b

Smash Master
shffled uair juggling = win!
dthrow -> repeated utilt = win!
repeated shffled bairs across FD = win!
dair pogo x3 = win!
I agree with your list. Therefore, I will add to the list. ;)

Projectile spamming = win
Uptilt to dair = win
Upsmash to start repeated upairs against fast fallers = win
Nair and retreating fairs to stop approaches = win
Bair to reverse grab = win
Moonwalking = epic win

I thought you were a Sheik/Zelda sort of person HideousBeing. Doesn't matter really though since you see the awesomeness of Link. ;)

HideousBeing

Smash Ace
I agree with your list. Therefore, I will add to the list. ;)

Projectile spamming = win
Uptilt to dair = win
Upsmash to start repeated upairs against fast fallers = win
Nair and retreating fairs to stop approacheds = win
Bair to reverse grab = win
Moonwalking = epic win

I thought you were a Sheik/Zelda sort of person HideousBeing. Doesn't matter really though since you see the awesomeness of Link. ;)
I am, but I love playing Link.

Gotta add this too.
Air dodging and shooting hookshot right after liftoff = WIN!
Seriously, I love just giving a short hop (actually I don't think it matters if its not a short hop) and shooting out the hookshot so that the very tip of it smacks a distant enemy in the face. It's most humiliating for the foe when it takes the full extension to hit them. And the sound is very satisfying too- the only way Link gets to make it. :grin:

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
But Link stole some light arrows from Zelda and then I asked Fox:

What does your scouter say about their power level!?

And then he said OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAND!!!!!!!!!!!!! and mashed his scouter.
Then he was pissed because it was the only scouter he had.

You seee? Light arrows own.

NES n00b

Smash Master
But Link doesn't have a good wavedash (i.e., win button).

If only.
****, Link's only weakness revealed. :(

He still owns a horse and he can still moonwalk. Plus, he ****in throws bombs half his size at your face. How could you not enjoy that?

Fun Fact: Ligt Arrows are the awesomeness of Link put in the form of arrows to pwn people (and stuff >_>).

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Well well well. I get banned for a day and suddenly the scrubs begin to rejoice. My buddy Demon machine, who was OBVIOUSLY ME stepped in to try to keep the scrubs down some more but ripe with their victory and me lying defeated they gathered their confidence and flamed him to the abyss..

and now I see my sacred thread was invaded? Well at least it looks like the fire got put out quickly enough. I don't like the sound of this '"Dylan Fanclub'' at all though.

Because uhh.. I respect a lot of the people in here way more than you guys respect me, trust me. I dont have to name names, you guys know who you are :) If anything you guys just keep posting in the thread I made and I'm YOUR fanboy! haha :p

Joking aside, because fanboys are gay, I'm back. I know the rules of the game now. I am going to consume scrubs with my intellect, crush their mindless ideals beyond recognition, and claim glorious triumph for the intelligent gamers of this section of the forum.

Ahh its good to be back. How'd I get back? I'm Dylan_Tnga, *****.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Well well well. I get banned for a day and suddenly the scrubs begin to rejoice. My buddy Demon machine, who was OBVIOUSLY ME stepped in to try to keep the scrubs down some more but ripe with their victory and me lying defeated they gathered their confidence and flamed him to the abyss..

and now I see my sacred thread was invaded? Well at least it looks like the fire got put out quickly enough. I don't like the sound of this '"Dylan Fanclub'' at all though.

Because uhh.. I respect a lot of the people in here way more than you guys respect me, trust me. I dont have to name names, you guys know who you are :) If anything you guys just keep posting in the thread I made and I'm YOUR fanboy! haha :p

Joking aside, because fanboys are gay, I'm back. I know the rules of the game now. I am going to consume scrubs with my intellect, crush their mindless ideals beyond recognition, and claim glorious triumph for the intelligent gamers of this section of the forum.

Impressive how you returned again so soon. We put the flames out from this thread so yay. Also, you might want to use the last two sentences for a siggy or something. You might want to contribute to discussion at hand of how godly Link is. That is currently what the topic is. ;)

Edit: I guessed after Demon kept referring to Dylan in every post. Lmao

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
I've run out of ideas to worship Link. Someone please enlighten me.
Well, he has a hook that you can shoot. I call it, the hookshot. And that owns..
Yeah well he has a tier that is low, in both smash 64, melee, and in soul calibur for gamecube.

Face it link sucks. Now Captain Falcon on the other hand... he's my freakin' Idol.

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
Well, I can't disagree with that. And as my second main, Capn' Falcon is one of my best. But Link really does rock, whether low tier, or not. That I don't know how to use him is an issue...

NES n00b

Smash Master
Bah link. Chaingrab ftw.

OMG ONE LINE POST OH NO INFRACTIONZ!!!1
That's when I pull out Mario and chaingrab Sheik's with his downthrow. "How does it feel to have a downthrow chaingrab against you *****."

Anyways, Link is awesome cause he loots money from people. He steals all sorts of stuff in treasure cheasts in dungeons, the middle of nowhere, holes, and people's houses. He even steals stuff from the huge monsters in that dungeon. All he has to do is ***** slap the bosses and they give him the treasures.

Edit: I'll play with Link against every character besides Sheik. That matchup is just ********, even compared to Fox, Falcon, and Falco.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
That's when I pull out Mario and chaingrab Sheik's with his downthrow. "How does it feel to have a downthrow chaingrab against you *****."

Anyways, Link is awesome cause he loots money from people. He steals all sorts of stuff in treasure cheasts in dungeons, the middle of nowhere, holes, and people's houses. He even steals stuff from the huge monsters in that dungeon. All he has to do is ***** slap the bosses and they give him the treasures.

Edit: I'll play with Link against every character besides Sheik. That matchup is just ********, even compared to Fox, Falcon, and Falco.
Well link rules in zelda games, he's clearly top tier, duh :ohwell:

AWESOME post btw. ahahha I like the part about how much link takes stuff.

HideousBeing

Smash Ace

YAAAAYYY!!! What a glorious return! It feels like you just broke outa jail and barged into this thread, bellowing, "It's OK guys, I'm here." You should totally sig that last line though. Or put it on your soon to be released, all-new, first edition, glossy, Dylan_Tnga Posters!!!

Edit: So how many refractions do you have now?

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
YAAAAYYY!!! What a glorious return! It feels like you just broke outa jail and barged into this thread, bellowing, "It's OK guys, I'm here." You should totally sig that last line though. Or put it on your soon to be released, all-new, first edition, glossy, Dylan_Tnga Posters!!!

Edit: So how many refractions do you have now?
I have 5 points. One toe over the line and im banned again. Wont happen, I'm like fox. Im wicked smart and I can shine spike people...

what? I totally can. I saw this kid scrubbing the floor on my way to smash one day and I wavedashed over to him and and then totally SHFFL'd six nairs worth of cleaning on the spot he was scrubbing and cleaned it 30x faster than he could

and he was like ''Omg thats cheap'' So I threw him off a friggin' cliff and shine spiked his recovery. Noob used his double almost right away. True story.

@ yeahdude : CS is awesome. Myself? I choose MEGA MAN X 4!!!! Got a wicked pirated copy off the net for PC.

Man do I love zero...

ZERO FOR BRAWL!!

drewdizzal

Smash Apprentice
I have 5 points. One toe over the line and im banned again. Wont happen, I'm like fox. Im wicked smart and I can shine spike people...

what? I totally can. I saw this kid scrubbing the floor on my way to smash one day and I wavedashed over to him and and then totally SHFFL'd six nairs worth of cleaning on the spot he was scrubbing and cleaned it 30x faster than he could

and he was like ''Omg thats cheap'' So I threw him off a friggin' cliff and shine spiked his recovery. Noob used his double almost right away. True story.
All i have to say to that is L.....O.....****ING L. And also, its good to have the D-man back and on the attack!

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
I'm back.
I downloaded yesterday some megaman X games. Didn't have paper at hand, so couldn't copy the codes. DAMMIT that was hard. Now I have to do it all over again.

And Zero, yeah, he's pretty cool, I have the first Megaman Zero game, but can't get my claws on the other 3. At least I could get Megaman ZX. Omega Zero kicks arse. Looking forward to Megaman ZX Advent....

Edit: Chuck Norris can set ants on fire with a magnifying glass. At night.

Edit: New update just happened. Nice to see some variety kick in with the boxes.
And now you can stand on top of the boxes! Would be cool goin down the ramp ridin your box and jump, then hit your pal right in the face with a sex kick.

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
I'm back.
I downloaded yesterday some megaman X games. Didn't have paper at hand, so couldn't copy the codes. DAMMIT that was hard. Now I have to do it all over again.

And Zero, yeah, he's pretty cool, I have the first Megaman Zero game, but can't get my claws on the other 3. At least I could get Megaman ZX. Omega Zero kicks arse. Looking forward to Megaman ZX Advent....

Edit: Chuck Norris can set ants on fire with a magnifying glass. At night.

Edit: New update just happened. Nice to see some variety kick in with the boxes.
And now you can stand on top of the boxes! Would be cool goin down the ramp ridin your box and jump, then hit your pal right in the face with a sex kick.

Hey I heard Chuck Norris can do a wheelie on a uni-cycle and Chuck norris doesn't pop his collar shirts get erections when they touch his skin. But back on topic the box update is alright, they probally aren't gonna show anything bigger than stage, character, or item updates for a while.

Pffft.....I got banned for a week because of my tendency to not give a rats *** about getting warned.

I guess everyone thought that the banning tought me a lesson,well no,it didn't.As a matter of Fact I was having a great time over the weekend,I even Five-stock ***** some noobs at a local tournament for some free cash.Getting banned of a message board is like a grain of sand in my shoe.

I'm Eternal phoenix Fire,*****'s can't **** with me.

Welcome back Dylan by the way.This topic is STILL full of spam. ^^

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Pffft.....I got banned for a week because of my tendency to not give a rats *** about getting warned.

I guess everyone thought that the banning tought me a lesson,well no,it didn't.As a matter of Fact I was having a great time over the weekend,I even Five-stock ***** some noobs at a local tournament for some free cash.Getting banned of a message board is like a grain of sand in my shoe.

I'm Eternal phoenix Fire,*****'s can't **** with me.

Welcome back Dylan by the way.This topic is STILL full of spam. ^^
Yeah well what I can I say, you kick a whole ****load of n00b ***.

Meh you could call it spam, but its usually spam about snes and like.. discussions will come back in a few posts. Always do.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
When Demon_Machine was posting about how Dylan doesn't like scrubs etc.- I totally kept thinking of Tera; y'know, with all the typing in third person.

Anyways, where the hell is Sensai?

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
When Demon_Machine was posting about how Dylan doesn't like scrubs etc.- I totally kept thinking of Tera; y'know, with all the typing in third person.

Anyways, where the hell is Sensai?
He's on a medical mission, whatever the heck that means. But it's what he said.

HideousBeing

Smash Ace
So yeah, I noticed that too. I wonder if you'll be able to stack crates and barrels if you can stand on them. Also, if you jump off of a moving crate, would you have the momentum, or would you just come straight up off it relative to the stage? The former is more realistic, but I suspect the programming would just cause the latter to happen.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
I think us Americans should go kidnap Ken and torture him ruthlessly until he tells us the secret of Japenese DI.

EDIT: I suppose we can take one Canadian too, if you want to come, Dylan.

Anyways, WTF is a medical mission? Did he go to some country to try and stop the AIDS or something?

NES n00b

Smash Master
Did you not know? Sensai pwns so hard that he can stops AIDS in South Africa in 10 days. No lie.

I will bring doritos since I won't be helpful for much else.

@ Y34HDUD3!!! Why aren't you bringing the AT-AT surpluses from the defense of the n00b invasion during the site countdown. Those things kicked ***.

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
@ Y34HDUD3!!! Why aren't you bringing the AT-AT surpluses from the defense of the n00b invasion during the site countdown. Those things kicked ***.
On second thought, yeah we should get a pair of those. But the Ak's come with me anyways.
And lots of doritos please. Can't get enough. :p

And Japanese DI, well. You know what DI is, right? And well the japanese are pretty good at that. (DI means Directional Influence, which is simply tilting the control stick in a direction after they hit you to lower the distance at which you're thrown, or simply position yourself better. i.e. to get out of combos.)

HideousBeing

Smash Ace
ya, i know DI. So Japanese DI is just really good DI then? Like I don't DI unless I know I'm going to be hit. I play Zelda, so when I have to make a vulnerable landing on the stage with Farore's Wind, I prepare to DI w/e comes, but otherwise, i mean, how do you smash DI something you didn't know was coming? Oh, and I also DI things like Bowser's flame, and PK fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom