• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who else is nervous about Brawl potentially sucking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Well, yeah. Japenese DI is really good DI, but some people think it's because they know a different way of doing it then we are accustomed too, and it works better. Of course, they're all still pissed about Hiroshima and Nagasaki, so they won't share their awesome technique with us Americans.

mario-man

Smash Lord
I have no idea whatsoever what JAPANESE DI is. LoL

Dylan said that phrase like 6 pages ago, and I joined on the bandwagon cuz it's funny and cool.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b

Dylan said that phrase like 6 pages ago, and I joined on the bandwagon cuz it's funny and cool.
Lol at the quote above me.

Supposedly the Japanese are really good at DI so good DI = Japanese DI. The opposite of Japanese DI is European DI so bad DI = European DI.

Aren't sterotypes fun. ;)

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master

\m/ This thread wont Die. Japanese DI.

I was high as a kite ;)

Anyhow.. um today was rockage for me. I trained my fox a LOT a whole ****load im really getting good now I can see my moves going fluidly, mindgames, change of playstyle, adaptation. And my smash competitior tyler who breaks even with me ALL the time as we improve since we've been smashing for so long and learning the metagame with some other friends but mostly us two.

Im starting to understand more and more the mental aspect of competitive smash how it goes beyond stocks, or ''Knowin 1337 comboz and havin a combo videoz vs ma friends bad DIz''

Its about adapting to another persons playstyle to take advantage and how good you can punish his mistakes, and when on the offence, how long you can pressure and use your situation to your advantage to get that essential hit and then the kill or whatever.

But defence is something I worked on today, I play fox vs a REALLY good marth now and he chaingrabs and all that, which rules.

My newest trick, all fox/falco users I would suggest this.

Round 20 percentish, SMASH DI, as in smack both c-stick and joystick upwards at the same time as he throws, you then WOBBLE the control stick to get out of the tumble, then jump. If you do it right you will jump out directly above marths head, he can no longer chianthrow you past 20 - 30 percent if you master it, which I did today ^_^

Just a tip among thousands but its a great Defensive game. Smash DI is really great, for that extra little boost that can mean life or death, especially vs tipper range ;)

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Do you play Fox and Falco? If so, we have something in common.
Yeah, I like to think one helps the other, you know?

I started pillaring.. with fox today, I was eating his shield with drillshines out of shorthops haha right after playing falco. Not a good idea though, too risky for a shield grab if you mess up slightly, drill out of shield plus l cancel plus perfect shine timing is not something I can do every time personally, just 2-3 times in a row.

I like to have em both so I can swtich up in a set potentially, along with mario and shiek who are now my secondaries, and I am trying to get my falcon up to speed. Thats it for my characters at the moment, I am happy with fox/falco shiek/mario and training hard CF a few matches here and there.

NES n00b

Smash Master
If you ever come down to Mississippi (which is never probably), I would like to face you. @ Dylan

Actually, I would like to play against everyone in this thread especially Sensai since I hear praise from Shai. Has Sensai cured AIDS yet? No, ****.

Edit: Sorry about random post about facing people. Just hearing stories of people improving make me want to play/improve as well.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
If you ever come down to Mississippi (which is never probably), I would like to face you. @ Dylan

Actually, I would like to play against everyone in this thread especially Sensai since I hear praise from Shai. Has Sensai cured AIDS yet? No, ****.

Edit: Sorry about random post about facing people. Just hearing stories of people improving make me want to play/improve as well.
Lies, the entire point of that post was ''Falcon is a sexy beast''

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
I just 4 stocked someone like 10 times on kaillera, he was happy to play someone good though so it all worked out. No johns ggs. :)

haha falcon ****ing punts babies.

Adi

Smash Lord
I used to play fox and falco before I learned advanced techniques but after I got into really technical stuff it really screwed over my timing. After waveshining with Fox my waveshines with Falco turned into full jumps because I was doing it too fast and after playing with Falco my Fox waveshines turned into midair dodges. /sigh, whatever.

P.S. Moses didn't recieve his commandments from god, he watched me moonwalk into a taunt and saw the light.

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
Fox was my past 1st main, so all your talk about him has made me want to practice with him.
Destroying all n00bs in the world, one match at a time.
I'm looking forward to play y'all in Brawl online. Wish I could do that right now with Melee, though.

McCloud_Master

Smash Apprentice
Lol at the quote above me.

Supposedly the Japanese are really good at DI so good DI = Japanese DI. The opposite of Japanese DI is European DI so bad DI = European DI.

Aren't sterotypes fun. ;)
What does DI stand for?

If Brawl sucks o.o I will still get it and use the GC controller.

RDK

Smash Hero
I'm looking forward to play y'all in Brawl online. Wish I could do that right now with Melee, though.
Too bad they didn't make a Kaillera client for Dolphin...probably because the only way you can play it so it's not at 0.2 frames per second is get an ungodly fast computer. And we ain't all millionaires.

Oh well...if Brawl doesn't suck, Smash Bros. online will be the biggest thing since the phrase "___ will be the biggest thing since ___"

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
Dammit. I just semi explained it last page. And go to the Melee forums, there is a very good thread that'll fill you in with all the techs. Thank you.

@McCloud Master.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
I used to play fox and falco before I learned advanced techniques but after I got into really technical stuff it really screwed over my timing. After waveshining with Fox my waveshines with Falco turned into full jumps because I was doing it too fast and after playing with Falco my Fox waveshines turned into midair dodges. /sigh, whatever.

P.S. Moses didn't recieve his commandments from god, he watched me moonwalk into a taunt and saw the light.
Yeah but youll get used to it with time. The timing is wayy different, but of course falcos gone for brawl most likely since he's a ''clone'' yeah right.. grumble.

Zephyr

Smash Lord
OK...

Japanese DI is not what you guys seem to think it is.

It is much more difficult than mere "really good DI".

Matter of fact, it's so difficult that only pretty much pros can do it consistently. -ish.

Basically, when you're hit, say at 150%, with Samus' charge shot, you would fly a distance maybe a third of FD. In order to do it, you need to DI directly opposite the blast, down/opposite the blast and up/opposite the blast. All in 1 frame. 1 frame = 1/60 of a second. If you fail, you die.

I just dodge it, myself.

Also, there is the so-called "Invisible Ceiling Glitch". This is also Japanese DI. You can only use it when you're flying upward. I think it's basically the same as the charge shot, but I believe that the motions must be completed AS YOU'RE BEING HIT. Therefore, this is extremely difficult to pull off.

That's basically it. This thread is totally capable of coming back with Japanese DI if a mod tries to lock it. >_>

RDK

Smash Hero
Cursed ****...always trying to find a way around things...:p

All in 1 frame. 1 frame = 1/60 of a second
It doesn't come as a surprise that it's called "Japanese" DI and not "American" DI...most Americans are too lazy to practice doing that over and over and over and over...>_<

Stormblast

Smash Journeyman
what you are refering to is just crouch canceling and then DI well while you are sent flying. And it doesn´t have to be done all in one frame. You just have to be crouching when you get hit and before the Hitlag is over you need to DI normally.

Say a Samus shoots you with a Charge shot from the left at say 175%

You crouch.

Then take the hit.

And before you start flying you switch to Regular DI, that is up/left and you dont fly nearly as far as you would. Lets just say that you actually survive it instead hitting the screen and dying.

Simple as that.

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
Sorry for not reading the previous page. I was just looking over the last page and saw DI >_>
Sorry for being harsh bud. But really DO go to that thread I mentioned.

And Zephyr thx for that one. Incredible to think that those **** can do that in so little time.
Guess I'll spend some of my weekend time trying to do that. I will phail, but not without giving em a fight!1!1!!!11

NES n00b

Smash Master
Can anyone tell me where to get a Super Smash Bros. 64 rom compatible to Project64k. I have no idea what I am doing when it comes to emulaters, roms, and other stuff like it.

I would think there would be a sticky or something on it on the 64 part of the blog but whatever.

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
Yeah, that was the same problem that you have. I went all the way through there and went to a webpage that was supposedly a "good dump" but the same error message just keeps popping up.

RDK

Smash Hero
Romhustler.net

Rom-world.com

Roms4.com

There are others, but I'm too lazy to post them right now.

Google is your friend.

Zephyr

Smash Lord
what you are refering to is just crouch canceling and then DI well while you are sent flying. And it doesn´t have to be done all in one frame. You just have to be crouching when you get hit and before the Hitlag is over you need to DI normally.

Say a Samus shoots you with a Charge shot from the left at say 175%

You crouch.

Then take the hit.

And before you start flying you switch to Regular DI, that is up/left and you dont fly nearly as far as you would. Lets just say that you actually survive it instead hitting the screen and dying.

Simple as that.
I don't know why you twisted my words...if you do what I said, what I said would happen would happen. The way Samus' charge shot works is that it puts you in the air and proceeds to hit you multiple times rather quickly. Ever seen Perfect Control? The guy DIed Samus' charge shot in the opposite direction by slowing it down frame by frame and DI'ing each hit of the shot the other direction. In normal time, though, it's just barely enough time to DI the shot three times. I've gotten these results by just standing there and letting myself get hit. No CC'ing involved.

EDIT: I know that simply CC'ing and DI'ing as you said is probably easier, but this has more potential for surprise. Trust me, I know what I'm talking about on this issue.

RDK

Smash Hero
I will try Romhustler again I guess. Once the windows doesn't recognize the program, I then open the file with project 64k. Isn't that what I am suppose to do? I did this and that's when it gave me the error message. >_<
No, no, no, you fool--you don't OPEN the roms with Project64k--you go to File_Start Netplay. If you had just regular old Project64.exe, then yes, you do hit File_Open.

Project64k has to run on Kaillera client server, so you don't open the roms directly through it--you have to go through Netplay first.

P.S: If you want to smash it up over Kaillera sometime, just PM me. ;)

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
Hey hey no one calls that foo a foo. Only I can call foos the foos you foo. The only thing I need is a ROM my p64k accepts. I've even tried running these "good ROMs" but they don work either. I'll try again tomorrow.

Stormblast

Smash Journeyman
I don't know why you twisted my words...if you do what I said, what I said would happen would happen. The way Samus' charge shot works is that it puts you in the air and proceeds to hit you multiple times rather quickly. Ever seen Perfect Control? The guy DIed Samus' charge shot in the opposite direction by slowing it down frame by frame and DI'ing each hit of the shot the other direction. In normal time, though, it's just barely enough time to DI the shot three times. I've gotten these results by just standing there and letting myself get hit. No CC'ing involved.

EDIT: I know that simply CC'ing and DI'ing as you said is probably easier, but this has more potential for surprise. Trust me, I know what I'm talking about on this issue.
Ok, sorry man. I misunderstood.

Zephyr

Smash Lord
Ok, sorry man. I misunderstood.
Alright, it's cool. I just tend to get rather in-depth in the game's mechanics and get carried away a little. As long as you aren't one of those idiots who will push an issue when they're dead wrong and everyone knows it (not saying this might have been the case), I'm fine with whatever happens, win or lose.

~Zephyr

HideousBeing

Smash Ace
When you enter someone's public profile and they happen to have two windows open, both veiwing separate threads, what will the area where it says, "Viewing Thread:" say?

NES n00b

Smash Master
Thanks Dylan. The ROM worked. Finally, I can play Smash 64.

I won't go online until I get a controller because I just played with the keyboard and it was akward. I will still suck when I go online, but at least I can play smash against people when I want.

Edit: Wow, I made alot of grammatical mistakes. *Refers to Dylan's sig*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom