• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who else is nervous about Brawl potentially sucking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Hey everyone, I just signed up today but I've been reading these boards for awhile, watched most of the combo videos and have been smashing for a fair few years. (just in case you're wondering who the random new poster is) Don't worry though I'm not just some gay nub, I've smashed with a few of the best players on these forums :)

So, down to the topic at hand. As Brawl's release date steadily approaches, I begin to grow more and more anxious.

Let me start by saying that I think Super Smash Brothers Melee, is PERFECT. It is an amazing game that I can play for 10 hours a day 1-3 times a week and never get bored of.

With that said these are my hopes for SSBB :

Same game speed. Same techs (maybe a few ones, but for the love of god dont remove what we had in melee)

Change The character movesets and weights and tractions(just like classic smash ----> melee)

In the basics, thats what i want. I dont give a **** about items, or stages. Im sure theyll do a great job on the stages and I cant even remember what the items in smash ARE anymore its been that long.

And of course the question on everyones mind : Will wavedashing be in Brawl?

I personally will boycott Brawl if it does anything to **** with an already perfect game. Note that I have no problem with new implications, moves, and the like. But removing things like airdodging and by association, wavedashing would cause me to break my copy in half and burn it.

So that's why im nervous. Im gonna be sweating bullets when Brawl comes out... I trust Nintendo, but remember that sales and $$$ profit are their motivation, not the smash community.

A final point I wish to raise is that SSBM Managed to be fun for pathetic noobs that play with items and the like, and totally and completly strategic and technical for those of us that play smash the way it should be played. It was a great balance, on one hand you could have fun playing the game with your friends without being serious, on the other hand you could be like me and train at the game 10+ hours a week with your friends and have a killer time doing so.

What I'm worried about is that Brawl might focus a bit too much on ''fun for noobs'' (Which, really is what sells copies of the game) and not enough on making its highest potential something far beyond the capacity of your average smasher.

I've seen a lot of stupidity posted on these boards about some sort of bizarre idea that Brawl will cause people to stop playing Melee. To those who sport that opinion I say : Melee will never die. Even if Brawl is amazing, NOTHING could ever replace Melee, and I'm 100% sure gatherings / tournaments will still be held for years to come for such a great game.

-Tnga

rokimomi

Smash Lord
Itll get exploited in its own time. Only thing im seeing is not getting what it deservs. The first two games set the bar very high. Them the transition from 64 to melee was so big that it separated the fangroups into those two games. Dunno, im thinking brawl to be a tweaked online ssbm. Which i hope it is cuz id rather transfer my skills smoothly rather than alter it all (again).

Either way thats all im worried about. Good point about the fun for noobs part. The majority sadly owns all.

mario-man

Smash Lord
Maybe a little nervous about it, but not too bad. As you said, I trust Nintendo and I hope that they won't change the game too much, although you do have to change it, otherwise you will just be releasing Melee again with new characters and better graphics.

MetalLuigi1209

Smash Ace
I am also a little nervous, but I am sure that it will turn out fine. As you can see from the trailers, Brawl, it appears that it looks exactly like Melee in most parts, and will probably be better than melee in those parts.

Rash

Smash Ace
Sakurai's the director. His team knows the mechanics of SSB like the backs of their hands. I wouldn't worry about it at all.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Maybe a little nervous about it, but not too bad. As you said, I trust Nintendo and I hope that they won't change the game too much, although you do have to change it, otherwise you will just be releasing Melee again with new characters and better graphics.
Man if they did exactly that, it would be the best game release ever. Same game, new characters, movesets, tractions, and weights and better graphics.

Ikural

Smash Journeyman
Let me start by saying that I think Super Smash Brothers Melee, is PERFECT. It is an amazing game that I can play for 10 hours a day 1-3 times a week and never get bored of.
-Tnga
You are my ****ing hero dude!
I just posted something like that on the thread i started (Brawl Power Moves)

And of course the question on everyones mind : Will wavedashing be in Brawl?

I personally will boycott Brawl if it does anything to **** with an already perfect game. Note that I have no problem with new implications, moves, and the like. But removing things like airdodging and by association, wavedashing would cause me to break my copy in half and burn it.

So that's why im nervous. Im gonna be sweating bullets when Brawl comes out... I trust Nintendo, but remember that sales and $$$ profit are their motivation, not the smash community.

A final point I wish to raise is that SSBM Managed to be fun for pathetic noobs that play with items and the like, and totally and completly strategic and technical for those of us that play smash the way it should be played. It was a great balance, on one hand you could have fun playing the game with your friends without being serious, on the other hand you could be like me and train at the game 10+ hours a week with your friends and have a killer time doing so.

What I'm worried about is that Brawl might focus a bit too much on ''fun for noobs'' (Which, really is what sells copies of the game) and not enough on making its highest potential something far beyond the capacity of your average smasher.

I've seen a lot of stupidity posted on these boards about some sort of bizarre idea that Brawl will cause people to stop playing Melee. To those who sport that opinion I say : Melee will never die. Even if Brawl is amazing, NOTHING could ever replace Melee, and I'm 100% sure gatherings / tournaments will still be held for years to come for such a great game.

-Tnga

It is sad to say though... you are probobly right.
Wavedashing was an accident and will probobly be removed like a glitch...
The only thing t could be better than melee is melee with online capabilities

from the trailers it shows these huge power moves...they BETTER be items
Ive already ranted about them once in my thread so i wont repeat myself
but Melee IS perfect
it better stay the same

Sensai

Smash Master
Dylan_Tnga said:
So, down to the topic at hand. As Brawl's release date steadily approaches, I begin to grow more and more anxious.
We THINK it's getting closer....we actually have no idea. I guess it has to be getting closer, but we're not 100% sure of that seeing as there really isn't a date yet.
Dylan_Tnga said:
Oh come off it. We all like to say that we'd hate Brawl if wavedashing wasn't in there, or if this and that weren't in there, but seriously. We're all going to play it, we're all going to buy it. We'll be upset for a bit, but we're going to get over it.
Dylan_Tnga said:
We are money, my friend. How many unique people are there on these forums? A lot, is the answer. Multiply that number times 50 dollars, and that's quite a pretty penny. Nintendo doesn't wanna piss us off, either.

And, like you said, even if Brawl does suck, we'll just go right back to playing Melee. While I hope that Brawl replaces Melee, it wouldn't be the end of the world if we kept on with Melee.

Keep in mind that not everyone (although a lot of people) want Brawl to be Melee 2.0. Sure, new graphics, characters, levels, music, etc with no change in gameplay would be great...but I'm not sure that I'd be content with it. Think about it: would you like Melee as much if it were Smash 64 with added characters? Hell no you wouldn't.

So, yes, I'm nervous. But I have faith in Nintendo and Sakurai. He's been jolly on the spot two times now, and everyone should remember that the third time's the charm.

[Edit:]

And the whole 'wavedashing was a glitch' thing doesn't really add up. You have to remember that L-Cancelling was a glitch in the first one, but it was modified and kept in.

Dark Shard

Smash Apprentice
Holy crap. That is a GOOD point. About liking melee as much as smash 64 with newer chars. That's a REALLY good point.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
So if Melee's core elements all sucked, you'd like it just because you could wavedash? That's sad. I don't see wavedashing as being that important, maybe it's because I can't do it, but even if wavedashing is out I'm sure it won't impact that game negatively as much as you think it would.

I also resent the 'pathetic noobs that play with items' comment. I might not have played with items in most of my matches, but it's always a fun alternative, great for mixing it up.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
If they're working this long, I expect to less than an amazing game. Twilight Princess took its sweet, sweet time and look, it's an incredible game whether you've played it on the Wii or Gamecube. So in the same way with Brawl, I'm not really concerned that it'll get screwed up somewhere along the line. Nintendo strives for quality when the big names are involved.

Brawl has a lot of hype right now as it is. Betraying that by the end of the year may result in the end of the world.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
I dunno what Sensai's talking about but I, for one, followed SSBM up until its release and bought at its launch for sole reason of wavedashing. And, if they take wavedashing out, I'll probably snap my disc in half and cry like a little ***** for hours on end.

I mean, we all know that the absence of wavedashing will create a void in the game so big that it'll be unplayable. We know for a fact that it's impossible to compensate for such a thing and we should all just give up and be heroes if they take away our wavedashing.

JK, BTW...people just seem so attached to it. I really don't see how it's absence could ruin the game especially when new stuff is being added...<.<

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Good point Sensai.
As for the TC, I actually made a topic just like this when I came to these boards. But after learning more about Sakurai, and spending at least an hour a day looking up Brawl and Wii news, I can confidently state that you will not be dissapointed.

To be honest, I would still be extremely happy with a Melee 2.0, even after reading Sensai's post, just because I don't see why you should screw with a good thing. So I know where you're coming from. However, if Sakurai can pull off a great new game, which I beleive he can, all the better for the community.

I would be very shocked if Brawl ended up sucking, and I think you should put your worries to rest.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
So if Melee's core elements all sucked, you'd like it just because you could wavedash? That's sad. I don't see wavedashing as being that important, maybe it's because I can't do it, but even if wavedashing is out I'm sure it won't impact that game negatively as much as you think it would.

I also resent the 'pathetic noobs that play with items' comment. I might not have played with items in most of my matches, but it's always a fun alternative, great for mixing it up.
This thread was made for people that actually play Melee competitively. I personally don't care if I offended you, and I doubt many people do either. Have ''fun'' with smash brothers, no one's going to stop you. But kindly don't offer your ignorant insights when the topic at hand is clearly requesting the opinions of those that treat this game like a sport

First of all, your argument is terrible. You assume I'm some sort of idiot who wavedances around and thinks he's pro. Wavedashing is an incredibly easy technique, all the techs are easy when you've been playing melee as long as I have. At this point, winning and losing is completly in the mindgames since I play with the tops in canada. (Tourney this weekend! Yeah!!!)

And yes, if wavedashing is out of Brawl, a LOTTTTTTTTT of people will NOT play it. That simple, wavedashing is incredibly important in sepperating the mediocre from the complete noob, and how well you use it seppearating the average players from the tops. Although with good enough mindgames and speed (Aniki) You dont need to wavedash, but news flash : You're not aniki. Chances are without wavedashing you wont make it past the first round of any tourney you join.

Sensai : Excellent post my friend. I like what you said about if Brawl sucks that Melee would live on. I hope that even if Brawl is really good, that the melee community will thrive because face it. Nothing is ever going to top melee, the idea is laughable.

Has anyone seen the other thread about the hidden gameplay tweak? Apparantly my fears are slightly confirmed...

it looks like Rolling IS wavedashign now, so any unskilled child could pull it off. Also you can edgehog out of a roll. IF pikachu is doing a roll.

Only time will tell, once the pros get their copies of brawl and play it for a few weeks straight and tell us what you can, and cant do, at the max level of this game.

Edg

Smash Cadet
The first two games set the bar very high.
An exact copy of SSBM with very oganized online play would exceed my standards of what brawl is going to be honestly. In aggrement with the first poster that SSBM is a very close to perfect game ad that if it had organized online play it would probably be the best game ever made. Im also totally worried that they are gonna do gimped online play or add some stupid changes(super moves). They didnt need any gimmick to sell SSBM over SSB and i know that SSBB needs nothing to be purchased by every wii owner, and the only thing that could stop that is some noob friendly changes gone wrong.

Ikural

Smash Journeyman
I will personally buy brawl no matter what
whether or not i play it like i have played melee(not ****ing around with items and **** levels)will depend on the meleeness

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
And yes, if wavedashing is out of Brawl, a LOTTTTTTTTT of people will NOT play it.
I agree that a certain amount of people will not PLAY it. But I do think they will still BUY it. Overall, I don't think Nintendo will lose profits based on their choice on keeping wavedashing in or not. People will still buy the game. Period.

However, I main Luigi, and wavedashing is a huge part of my game. To be honest, I will be very upset, just like you, if wavedashing is out. However, I refuse to simply throw the game aside if I don't get what I want. I will probably have to drop Luigi and pick up a top tier character if I want to be good, but I think I will still have fun, and play it just as much as melee, if not more. I believe that you will enjoy it too, and you will probably find a way to stay at a competitive level, but if you still prefer melee, simply play that.

All I'm really trying to say is, there will be change, it will not be the exact same game, but if you adapt to it, it should be just as fun as melee.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
I agree that a certain amount of people will not PLAY it. But I do think they will still BUY it. Overall, I don't think Nintendo will lose profits based on their choice on keeping wavedashing in or not. People will still buy the game. Period.

However, I main Luigi, and wavedashing is a huge part of my game. To be honest, I will be very upset, just like you, if wavedashing is out. However, I refuse to simply throw the game aside if I don't get what I want. I will probably have to drop Luigi and pick up a top tier character if I want to be good, but I think I will still have fun, and play it just as much as melee, if not more. I believe that you will enjoy it too, and you will probably find a way to stay at a competitive level, but if you still prefer melee, simply play that.

All I'm really trying to say is, there will be change, it will not be the exact same game, but if you adapt to it, it should be just as fun as melee.
Good point..... ah I feel your pain man. Im praying wding is in, Melee NEEDS more 1337 Luigi players! How could luigi play without wding? haha he'd be below pichu.

Oh Im sure brawl will be a lot of fun, but this is why Melee was SOOO successful.

1. Incredibly, incredibly easy to pick up, play and have a great time with friends or even by yourself.

2. INCREDIBLY, INCREDIBLY DIFFICULT to master, to a point where it goes BEYOND the complicated game mechanics and into pure mindgames between two players, as if our intellect and strategy flow into our controllers and hands and lock our minds in battle as effectivly as chess, or starcraft.

Yeah I like the reactions about ''sticking with melee'' Ive been seeing a lot of comments around (not just here) like ''Everyone will quit melee when Brawl comes out''

or ''Oh, Melee is too hard and im way to late to be pro. Im gonna wait for brawl to go pro!''

As if you could EVER be a good smash player without having mastered melee (and hopefully classic smash, though its not necessary its a good L cancel teacher due to the reduced speed)

Devastlian

Smash Lord

Well, that follows the assumption that Luigi won't be changed at all. If they take out wavedashing for SSBB, all the returning characters won't just be their SSBM counterparts that can't wavedash, they'll be their SSBB selves with compensations for the loss of wavedashing and may benefit from any new techniques put in SSBB. People say Luigi and Ice Climbers and maybe a few others will lose approachability with the loss of wavedashing but there's nothing to say that they won't gain better projectiles or dash attacks or aerials as well.

Ikural

Smash Journeyman
Dylan_Tnga...You are a genious
you are probobly one of the smartest smasher ive ever spoken(or chatted) with
You have an oppinion on eveything.Keep smashing!

Now relevancy...No one will quit melee and definantly not 64
if anything MORE people will play 64 if it comes on virtual console

Papapaint

Just your average kind of Luigi.
A lot of people will refuse to play smash if there's no wavedashing?

Gosh. Smash must be a primarily competitive game then. Odd that nintendo, a big proponent of the party game genre, would create a game intended for purely competitive play, and avoid the idea of 'fun'.

I've suddenly realized how ignorant I was! Up until I discovered competitive smash, I was so foolish! I wasted all of my time, playing smash 64 and melee with a big group of friends, joking around and goofing off with items.

Shucks, despite my involvement in the tournament scene, I'm still stupid enough to do this from time to time. I wonder why my friends haven't pointed out how much they hate playing for fun...

God. I bet no one will buy this game at all if there's no wavedashing. It just won't be any fun.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
A lot of people will refuse to play smash if there's no wavedashing?

Gosh. Smash must be a primarily competitive game then. Odd that nintendo, a big proponent of the party game genre, would create a game intended for purely competitive play, and avoid the idea of 'fun'.

I've suddenly realized how ignorant I was! Up until I discovered competitive smash, I was so foolish! I wasted all of my time, playing smash 64 and melee with a big group of friends, joking around and goofing off with items.

Shucks, despite my involvement in the tournament scene, I'm still stupid enough to do this from time to time. I wonder why my friends haven't pointed out how much they hate playing for fun...

God. I bet no one will buy this game at all if there's no wavedashing. It just won't be any fun.

Spare me the sarcasm. There's nothing wrong with having fun with smash, but an involving, complicated, and competitive smash scene is way more complicated.

Like I said the beauty of melee was it was easy fun as a game to just pick up and play, and it was incredibly difficult to play at it's highest leve.

I just hope that they can keep the same thing going in brawl.

Personally I don't take intrest in Smash outside of competition. I find that FUN. I find it REALLY fun, in fact im willing to spend 15$ to hang out in a church basement with a group of guys when I could go hang out with my guitarist and pick up chicks at the bar, just for the chance to compete with equals at my calibur of smash playing. (and superiors)

So maybe you should think about your definition of ''fun'' if fun for you is hurling pokeballs at your friends and laughing because Snorlax made a funny sound and killed your friends with his incredibly large hitbox, fine. But for me, nothing could ever be more fun than smashing competitivly, intense mindgames going on, thinking of nothing but the WIN.

Wavedashing is an intergral part of the pro smash scene. And yes, if it is removed there will be an outcry from the competitive smash community. Im sure Brawl will still be played competitivly, but with no wavedashing I think a lot of smashers would choose to stick with Melee, since it would thusly be a superior game.

See thing is, I love melee. I could play it for another 12 years. Id probably be even more comfortable with smash is there WASNT a new one coming out, and Melee was the last one ever. I don't see how any version of smash, could ever possibly be more balanced, competitive, and overall just fun and engaging like SSBM.

But I can hope Brawl can at least take the good example from melee.

Zodiak-Lucien

Smash Lord
there is always that possiblity. Though you have to remember melee was rushed and look how great of a game it is and how long its lasted. Now imagine how potential good brawl could be. Even by the slight chance brawl is awful (which theres no reason why it would) then there is always melee to fall back on.

JesterBox

Smash Ace
I have confidence, Nintendo and the guys working on Brawl know their Smash.

Nintendo formally accnoledged wavedashing and L-canceling in a Nintendo Power. I was in the libary (yes some people still enjoy books) and came across an issue having a artcle for Smash anniversery thing. I dont remember what issue it was but it had Shadow The hedghoge on the front. They interviewed ken and stuff.

As for the gameplay looking slow, weve only seen limited charecters on field and the players in the trailer were rehearsed in order to make the battles look "nice" noobs wouldnt understand what was going on in a fast paced battle.

Even if we have no WDing, it looks like they popped it in on purpose. As for L-canceling who knows (hey its using the same game engine right?)

Only time will tell

Red Exodus

Smash Master
This thread was made for people that actually play Melee competitively.

First of all, your argument is terrible. You assume I'm some sort of idiot who wavedances around and thinks he's pro. Wavedashing is an incredibly easy technique, all the techs are easy when you've been playing melee as long as I have. At this point, winning and losing is completly in the mindgames since I play with the tops in canada. (Tourney this weekend! Yeah!!!)
Well there aren't any tournaments here or anywhere is probably a 3000 mile radius. And the tournaments that are held here are utter jokes, $500 for beating noobs who can barely roll AND they play with items >.>.

And no I don't assume you are a WD spamming idiot.

And yes, if wavedashing is out of Brawl, a LOTTTTTTTTT of people will NOT play it. That simple, wavedashing is incredibly important in sepperating the mediocre from the complete noob, and how well you use it seppearating the average players from the tops. Although with good enough mindgames and speed (Aniki) You dont need to wavedash, but news flash : You're not aniki. Chances are without wavedashing you wont make it past the first round of any tourney you join.
I can't say much to this part, but there are a lot of techniques that don't involve WDing, some may even argue that a few are more important that WDing [like DIing, LCing, SHLing, JCing]. I bet those will probably stay since they aren't as 'out-there' as WDing.

Yota

Smash Apprentice
Eurraaugh!!!

"Pathetic noobs" who use items? You don't "give a [Look everyone! I can't think of a proper English word to fit here!]" about items? You'll turn emo if they "[Still drawing blanks!] with an already perfect game?" Ugh. I am so sick of people who feel the urge to rant about such crap.

OH, I cant think of ANYTHING tat needs @&)^#@^#@6 changin! Itemz suk cuz onlee stoopidheds yuse tem. If u make a nu game an chang somthin i kull yoo. rofflescopterona[Dictionary!]standwitch111two o and noobs dont desurve 2 hav fun *rar* :crazy: :colorful: :demon: :lol: :flame: :scared: :joyful: :skull: :veryconfu :flame: :flame:

OK, sorry... had to get that out of my system. *attempts to stop shaking*

You can't go around calling people who use items "pathetic noobs." Pathetic noobs are people who go around posing to be a true pro by attempting to find out what defines someone as a "noob," then bash others to make themselves look more elite. Show some humility.

I hope a LOT of things change with Brawl. If you don't like it, you still have Melee and a Wii to play it on. Sequels to games and movies often tend to become less good in comparison to the previous installment, which is what many realize, which is what causes us to become nervous. I have confidence in Sakurai and his team however. I feel that he is experienced enough to know what to do, like Miyamoto. Also, he has a team of serious SSB veterans working with him. I trust Nintendo, HAL, and the rest of the team. That is enough for me.

PS: What is up with all the emoticons on this board? :ohwell:

Sensai

Smash Master
Zodiak, the case could be made that Melee was a good game BECAUSE it was rushed...

Dylan_Tnga said:
Only time will tell [if advanced techs have suffered with the release of Brawl], once the pros get their copies of brawl and play it for a few weeks straight and tell us what you can, and cant do, at the max level of this game.
I cannot wait to be there at the beginning this time and get a chance to really contribute to this game.

Dylan, cool it a little on Red Exodus. Sure, competitive Smash is great fun (that's why we're all on this forum...), but just goofing around is a blast, too. And it's kinda hypocritical (SPELLING!) for you to trash him for stating an opinion that was going against what you said by stating opinions that went against what he said.

Dylan_Tnga said:
Wavedashing is an intergral part of the pro smash scene. And yes, if it is removed there will be an outcry from the competitive smash community. Im sure Brawl will still be played competitivly, but with no wavedashing I think a lot of smashers would choose to stick with Melee, since it would thusly be a superior game.
That's not really all that fair, is it? I mean, people were probably claiming that Melee would suck compared to 64, but look where we are now. No one can really say for sure that Brawl won't have it's own 'wavedash'; the bread and butter tech. In all fairness, though, it probably won't.

[Edit:]

JesterBox said:
Nintendo formally accnoledged wavedashing and L-canceling in a Nintendo Power. I was in the libary (yes some people still enjoy books) and came across an issue having a artcle for Smash anniversery thing. I dont remember what issue it was but it had Shadow The hedghoge on the front. They interviewed ken and stuff.
Wow, now THAT'S interesting. I'd never heard of this. I'm really interested in seeing this.

starvingartist

Smash Cadet
I trust Nintendo fully. Super Smash Brothers is one of they're biggest franchises and they never let down with their big names. Sure there were tons of people who were worried about Wind Waker when they showed the cell shaded look but the game turned out to be incredible. I am not worried about SSBB because Nintendo knows what their players want. I think that Brawl will be better than any of us can even imagine.

And yes...I think everyone will still play Melee...I see this as just meaning that we will have two awesome games to play and practice now:)

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Wow, now THAT'S interesting. I'd never heard of this. I'm really interested in seeing this.

Yeah. I have that issue. I can get you a scan tom. if you want. I probably wont be back here till around 4 tho.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I know L-cancelling was originally Z-cancelling in SSB64 and DIing was left it, but I wonder how much thy plan to keep, alter or remove...

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
"Pathetic noobs" who use items? You don't "give a [Look everyone! I can't think of a proper English word to fit here!]" about items? You'll turn emo if they "[Still drawing blanks!] with an already perfect game?" Ugh. I am so sick of people who feel the urge to rant about such crap.

OH, I cant think of ANYTHING tat needs @&)^#@^#@6 changin! Itemz suk cuz onlee stoopidheds yuse tem. If u make a nu game an chang somthin i kull yoo. rofflescopterona[Dictionary!]standwitch111two o and noobs dont desurve 2 hav fun *rar*
I keep saying I have no problem with people having fun with this game. Maybe ''pathetic noobs'' is a bit harsh, but what can I say I'm loyal to competitive smash and find items to do nothing but interfere with the gameplay.

Again, if you play smash for fun, great. We all do, drop it. Oh and please don't try to imply I have trouble organizing my thoughts in my writing just because I hit the censor two or three times, thats uncalled for.

Dylan, cool it a little on Red Exodus. Sure, competitive Smash is great fun (that's why we're all on this forum...), but just goofing around is a blast, too. And it's kinda hypocritical (SPELLING!) for you to trash him for stating an opinion that was going against what you said by stating opinions that went against what he said.
Fair enough, I don't want to bash anyone since that won't contribute to the discussion.

I can't say much to this part, but there are a lot of techniques that don't involve WDing, some may even argue that a few are more important that WDing [like DIing, LCing, SHLing, JCing]. I bet those will probably stay since they aren't as 'out-there' as WDing.
Shffling, L canceling, Teching, and DIing are all MUCH more important than Wavedashing. If you can't do these things, you should practice them FIRST before worrying about WDing. So you're right on that point. But WDing when combined with everything else is just invaluable for its obvious many uses in tech chasing, moving without lag and being able to smash right away, and edgehogging, and mindgames.

Well there aren't any tournaments here or anywhere is probably a 3000 mile radius. And the tournaments that are held here are utter jokes, $500 for beating noobs who can barely roll AND they play with items >.>.

And no I don't assume you are a WD spamming idiot.
Thanks, I'm new to these boards and have no good videos of myself to upload so I'm trying to come across as a competent player. I don't want to seem like some arrogant person who thinks he has skill just because he CAN wavedash.

HAHAHA, that sucks for your tourney scene, but hey, at least you get easssy money, and a bunch of scrubs calling you ''cheap'' most likely. I would chaingrab them to 100% or tech chase grab them to 200% + just to watch them cry :p

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I need to find those 'tournaments'. They probably play FFA, in which case I'll dodge them until they kill each other, or kill the strongest guys first and slowly and painfully **** the runner or the 'hider'.

They better hope I:

A) Don't get my hands on a Wii or GC
B) Don't master any Advanced techniques.

And most importantly

C) Find their hiding place and tournament date.

I remember playing against a guy that came second in one of those tournaments, he lost because he stepped on a motion sensor as he was getting his star KO on his opponent's last stock. Anyway, he isn't that good, I haven't practiced since last year and I can still beat him [I went to an arcade and whopped his *** along with a few big talkers].

Anyway, I hope they leave most if not all of the advanced techniques in Brawl, because when I go to collage I'm gonna want a piece of the tournament action.

P.S. I know I sound a little arrogant for someone who doesn't know any advanced techniques but I hope I give myself some bad luck and find an opponent who can actually multi stock me [I rarely ever get multi stocked, even in 4-10 stock matches]

P.P.S AHH it's near 1 : 00 am and I'm not supposed to be on the computer, I gotta run, later smashers.

Sensai

Smash Master
GAW, that sounds like a lot of work, but I'd love to see it if you're actually interested and serious about getting it to me.

And Dylan, I like you. At first, it seemed you were coming off as kinda brash and hot-headed, but you've cooled down in the little bit I've seen from ya. Keep the good stuff coming. Welcome to the forums. :-D

DP's Mario

Smash Ace
Without any wave-dashing, everyone would probably be at an equal level, unless the tapdancing is still involved (most likely).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom