• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who else is nervous about Brawl potentially sucking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
haha ya theres this one.. ''girl gamer'' amy or something and I played a match real quick with her while my friend was over not really even trying and beat her with falcon and she tells me I grab too much

then later on in the night I log in she preaches to me about how there are skilled ways to set up combos etc etc.. anyway Ill just 4 stock her next time. She seems to think that shes some sort of great player because she can DJC with ness. WOWZERS!! teh skillz!1

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
haha ya theres this one.. ''girl gamer'' amy or something and I played a match real quick with her while my friend was over not really even trying and beat her with falcon and she tells me I grab too much

then later on in the night I log in she preaches to me about how there are skilled ways to set up combos etc etc.. anyway Ill just 4 stock her next time. She seems to think that shes some sort of great player because she can DJC with ness. WOWZERS!! teh skillz!1
I think I've seen her lurking around here on the forums.

Honestly, though. Isn't grabbing integral to SSB 64's metagame anyway? That's how I set up most of my combos with my non-Fox/non-Kirby characters.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
Grabs are way too good in SSB. If you want to win, you grab in that game. I mean seriously, since when is not using the grab "skillful."

Also, if the person grabs too much, he is predictable thus, can be punished. I honestly do not understand scrubs.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Also, if the person grabs too much, he is predictable thus, can be punished. I honestly do not understand scrubs.
Yup. Best point right there. Theres one person that Ive played twice now, hes a fox main and he violently hates captain falcon users if they use fthrow, usmash, or uair. pretty much 3 of falcons essential moves. He uses fox and spams ftilt into grabs and just tries the usual nooby fox stuff. Killed me once or twice till i figured out his style and the way he moved so I started 3-4 stocked him since if I get a few hits on you falcon vs fox I usually get a kill out of it really fast.

Twice ive played him and as soon as I start winning he freaks, tells me I grab too much wah wahh scrub scrub and kicks me.

The thing is , if yoU GOT GRABBED you did something wrong .. and basically EVERYONE will grab when they get the chance. It either knocks you really far for an edgeguard, or sets up for a combo.

Im sad to see the only girl gamer on kaillera is a scrub, she thinks very highly of herself rating herself as ''above average'' in some thread when now that ive seen her ness I honnestly wouldnt place her above most kaillera pubbies.

things are going rather well for me online, Id say. I win wayyy more than I lose and even vs opponents who beat me the first game I always observe their style and change mine to get those essential combo starters and mindgames and I can usually start winning. My combos are finally coming together too :chuckle:

Managed to beat a guy from the PP-S clan (one of the stronger ones, the one I wish to join) and he told me I had really good mindgames and generally owned.

Edit, woww she is really talking smack

Amy said:
Okay so when do I get to move UP? I'm better than Dark, I know I'm better than Thino, DaveUK we have some awesome fights, and Meowkitty is just abit better than me. I want to challenge so I can reach the top!
I think itll be fun to burst her bubble. Beat her when practically sandbagging 50 percent before, wont be hard to take her down.

Shes the type that has all the ness combos down but expects you to run right into them and will probably whine if I play properly, ie : use mindgames and force her to give me an opening.

Falco plus running at waiting opponent equals falcon dead. Remember his recovery? Yeah its not all that good :(

Falcon plus mindgames plus get control plus combo plus keep pressure on opponent after combo ends if the opponent isnt dead equals falcon alive, you dead :) :)

Superstar

Smash Champion
Seems like you are getting better, I wish to fight you again. I haven't improved, actually worsened, but it will be fun to fight you. And yes, I try to grab as much as I can, but I have the problem that I rush in, instead of waiting and pressuring. I could be a lot better if I basically used te Fireballs more to force a rushdown. I don't know, old noob habits, they never go away. In the meantime, I'm going to play with some pubbies.

edit: AHH, dad came back...

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Some chick was trash talking Dylan on Kaileria. She was saying that "he grabs way too much" and that there are better ways to set up combos.

>.>;

I know there's something else for you here, Sensai...I just can't think of it.

AxemRed

Smash Journeyman
There are ways to set up combos without grabbing...and there are ways to set up combos with grabbing. Neither is better than the other. If you're getting comboed with grabs all the time, it means you're susceptible to grabs and you have to adapt your playstyle to counter that. It doesn't mean your opponent is cheap. If you give your opponent an opportunity to grab five times, do you expect him to only do grab combos for half of those openings? Of course not.

Look at Jiggs in 64. If you can grab at low percentage against a fast faller, he's dead. If you can drill a fast faller at low percentage he's dead. But if you leave me an opening for the former every time, why should I bother with the latter?

Anyway, sorry for the ramble, I'm still waiting on my...uncooperative...computer. When it's fixed, I'd like to play you again Dylan, even if I haven't played for at least a month.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Back from me trip.

What are we talking about now? Have I missed anything exciting?
Ummm I got banned, pertended to be my friend since im addicted to posting here, then I managed to get unbanned due to how much I rule. thats on my end.

Besides that we discussed Japanese DI, some pokemon, usualy RPG stuff, and now we're kind of back to kaillera...

you know how it goes, round and round and round in a loop freely discussing whatever topic you want. I dont even know what the heck this thread is about anymore, if it was ever about anything ;)

This thread is mindgames, pure mindgames.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Dylan, you missed the Captain Falcon/Link is awesome topic. ;)

Anyways, yay for Sensai comming back. I will be in the INN VI biweeklies so if you go, we can finally face off. Or, you can just wait for me to come over to your guys place the Saturday after next.

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
So, how're you guys doin?
Sakurai needs to start puttin up updates on the weekends, or I'm goin over there to sell him Butt Scratcharss. He'll have to buy all of them. Just irresistable. He'll be broke, I say!

AxemRed

Smash Journeyman
This might seem really random, but I just realized how hilarious it is for some video game-related things to be brought into real life.

A while back, during a MLG Halo 2 Tourney I went to, we were in a Taxi, and the driver was always hitting green lights. My friend said, "Man, he has the spawn times on those red lights down pretty good."

I also remember a time where someone was telling me how funny it would be if he falcon punched someone for not getting exact change. Just try to picture it now. Falcon...PUNCH!

The most recent example was today. When someone asked what they should with a finished apple (no garbage can in sight), I said, "Destroy the core!" Of course, nobody got the reference. Oh well...

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
Lol, Falcon Punch. That would be a thing to remember for the rest of my life. And yes, it is really random, but this thread is for that kind of comments exactly. Y' guys wanna bet what the next update will be of? I'll go with Items.

AxemRed

Smash Journeyman
Lol, Falcon Punch. That would be a thing to remember for the rest of my life. And yes, it is really random, but this thread is for that kind of comments exactly. Y' guys wanna bet what the next update will be of? I'll go with Items.
I'm actually gonna go with a stage for this one. It seems like there are still a lot we wouldn't be surprised to see (Fire Emblem stage, Solid Snake stage, Fox's stage, Mario Circuit, Pit's stage, the Halberd stage...)

Reno>

Smash Journeyman
I don't care how long it takes for Brawl to come out, because im not finished with Melee and I don't want everyone else to be either. I wanna milk Melee as long as i can before Brawl comes out. I hope they keep pushing the release date back just so long as they were making is a quality game. No rush Nintendo No rush

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
I don't care how long it takes for Brawl to come out, because im not finished with Melee and I don't want everyone else to be either. I wanna milk Melee as long as i can before Brawl comes out. I hope they keep pushing the release date back just so long as they were making is a quality game. No rush Nintendo No rush

Amen, smash at my place anytime.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
After watching FUMI I want to.. MAIN yoshi..

but it takes like.. years to become that good..

omg yoshi is SOOO not low tier.

Fumi.. omfg.
Random Necro-Quote from June Tenth:

Just have to say, no your completely wrong, If Yoshi could jump out of his shield he might be higher, but because of the 8 frames of lag you have to deal with, its not gonna happen.

mario-man

Smash Lord
I just got my first minor infraction for minor spam. I posted under some trivia game, and somebody said something funny, so I said "LoooooooooooL". That was the whole post at the time, and I got an infraction for it.:laugh:

Superstar

Smash Champion
I just got my first minor infraction for minor spam. I posted under some trivia game, and somebody said something funny, so I said "LoooooooooooL". That was the whole post at the time, and I got an infraction for it.:laugh:
Well, maybe if you say that the last comment made you crack up, and continue the discussion, you might have avoided the infraction. With all the new posters, the mods are being driven crazy.

Random Necro-Quote from June Tenth:

Just have to say, no your completely wrong, If Yoshi could jump out of his shield he might be higher, but because of the 8 frames of lag you have to deal with, its not gonna happen.
I think Dylan knew that, and was simply kidding, saying that Yoshi has a huge amount of potential or something. Or maybe with your starting line, you meant it as something else, so maybe your line was a joke. Or maybe Dylan meant that Yoshi was worth more than he is put in [ahh, I'm confused with jokes, I can't tell when someone is joking...].

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Nah Yoshi sucks, I agree. But Fumi's yoshi could really kick my ***. no jumping out of a shield or not, he gets around it and.. just owns.

Edit :

Sigh. Again?

Just wondering though, do you have anger management problems or something Dylan? That's what it seems like when you post. Frankly I'm not surprised that you racked up enough warnings to get temp banned, although it still seems like you haven't learned your lesson.
Why always the -SAME- thing? I haven't even so much as flamed someone in like.. a while. Im trying actually like I said to avoid being banned by destroying scrubs with my superior intelligence rather than lowering myself to insults.

By the way, the DEEP ROOTED PSYCHOLOGICAL PROBLEMS that I have are proven by the evidence that I was obviously foaming at the mouth and screaming when I posted this.

hahah aniki as young link. And I like that you put PC as falco instead of that terribly overhyped child bombsoldier (omgz he iz teknikals n' runs into da opponent 2 beet him with his tek skill al0nes!) . *cough who PC will own at OC3 cough*

I'd prefer Cape, or brownmario or azen as regular mario though and Phanna as Samus just because Wes annoys the **** out of me for being so friggin stereotypically black and obnoxious. yeah I said it.
Yup. No trace of humor, or phrases such as ''I like that you put PC as falco'' and ''I would prefer Phanna as samus''

Gadzooks! what was I thinking. This is what a normal person would write, maybe?

me trying to be normal said:
Wow you ****ing idiot. Aniki as young link? he doesnt even ****ing wavedash. PC as falco, congrats on loving an emo ****ing ****** kid and sucking his ****. Wow, yeah Wes, some annoying as **** rapper who never SHUTS up during crew fests.

etc etc
I dunno, I think if I really tried I could put a lot more anger into the posts, but the truth of it is I dont have any real.. emotional attachment to the internet. As explained here :

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hehe. Your post suggests you read farrrr too much into a simple display of white and grey text on a black background.

You, like many attempt soley based on a written phrase devoid of vocal intonation or physical gesture to create some sort of psychological profile for me, wherein I have ''anger problems'' because I use phrases like ''terribly overhyped child '' and ''Annoys the crap out of me''

What you should realize is that these are my opinions, Wes is an annoying black dude, and Bombsoldier is an extremly technical asian child with no mindgames, and the way that I present them was if anything an effort in trying to be humerous. Hence why my ''anger filled'' phrases are so often quoted by others in their signatures of everyday posts, because they don't take the forums on such a serious psychological level as you do.

I don't know how better I could explain it, but if you think I take these forums seriously or have any sort of real emotional attachment to em, then you're sadly mistaken.

Basically, I'm Dylan_Tnga and I pwn souls. :laugh:

or as I have posted before :

GUY WITH ANGER ISSUES said:
YES, I AM AN EXTREMLY ANGRY PERSON. THIS ANONYMOUS PERSONS OPINIONS ON WAVEDASHING THAT I HAVE JUST READ ON AN ONLINE FORUM HAVE COMPLETLY RUINED MY DAY. I WILL NOW DRINK WHISKY BEAT MY GIRLFRIEND AND STEP ON PUPPIES
Hopefully you understand sarcasm, many people here don't sadly :(

Anger issues though, congrats on being pretty much the 9 thousandth person to say that to me on these forums regarding a mild post with no real evidence of any actual problems with my personality.

Also, if I had anger issues, I would be losing it at you right now, when really I'm laughing, and also flattered that you're paying attention to lil' ol me :p

Am I really worth it ?? ;)

So I don't really get this whole ''Anger problems'' thing. If it's either trying to insult me or anger me it fails, but if its trying to confuse me, then tis doing a fine job. :)

Superstar

Smash Champion
Dylan, for a second I thought it was targeted at me [my head is not clear now (I don't do drugs, but I might be tired, and I use the computer for a huge amount of time), background sounds playing, so it was hard to interpret]. Your post was after mine and you used the word "you" a huge amount of times, so I was confused, especially since the only time I said you had anger issues was in your initial flaming when you were new.

And yes, do take the time to beat someone with intellegence rather than insults. Not only do I dislike insults, but intellegence makes the prey in question feel like an idiot, and makes THEM resort to insults, thus giving THEM an infraction.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Calm the **** down Dylan, I mean WTF!!!??!?!?!?

Your constant negative posts are getting on my nerves for the last time, Dylan. you need to go to a shrink and get help, ****it.

Seriously, you take this game way too seriously. [/sarcasm] :p

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Calm the **** down Dylan, I mean WTF!!!??!?!?!?

Your constant negative posts are getting on my nerves for the last time, Dylan. you need to go to a shrink and get help, ****it.

Seriously, you take this game way too seriously. [/sarcasm] :p
I feel more inclined to listen to you since you're so sexy NES noob. hehehe Falcon style sexiness of course!

*goes to a shrink*

Apparantly, I mindgames the shrink and 5 stocked him. He didnt think ''playing smash'' was part of therapy so I called him a scrub and left.

But then I came back and shine spiked him, it had to be done.

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
*Comes back from the dead*

W00t it worked!

*sigh* who you fighting now, Dylan?
I swear, you attract too much attention.

Now, back on topix:

I think Brawl will not suck because Arwings do barrel rolls after Peppy tells them to do so.

*Goes back to the dead*

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Use the boost!!

Ah those sound fx would work great as taunts. DO a barrel roll!

-Boogey on my skin - Falco
*fox saves falco*
-Mind your own business fox - Falco

end of run

Peppy - uhh I was skeard and southern.

Slippy - insert lame frog joke

Falco (actual quote) No sweat fox.

Falco should always be in smash brothers to fight with fox.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Apparantly, I mindgames the shrink and 5 stocked him. He didnt think ''playing smash'' was part of therapy so I called him a scrub and left.

But then I came back and shine spiked him, it had to be done.

From what I see, it definitely had to be done. On a lighter note, I got an infranction for a one line post. w00t!

Wait a minute, that isn't good at all. :(

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Dylan, you say five stock a lot. I always thought most tournaments only played with 4 stocks. Is it different in Canada, or are you just saying you pwn them more than what's humanly possible?

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
5-stocking is when you 4-stock someone and take no damage.

I've never actually done it but one time I only took 7%.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom