• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who do you feel is the hardest character in melee at Max level?(Besides the Frames)

soju

SD God

You cannot beat the sandbag >:3

and yes that is true SS3 but were discussing which CPU is the strongest and smartest in general compared to other CPUs, not against real players XD

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
Fox or Falco. They have teh comboz. They did a team combo on me too.

Fox Illusion, Falco grabs, hits and throws, Fox jumps and does Nair. And I died. It was hilarious.

soju

SD God
lol =w= how about a lvl 9 cpu captain falcon uthrow techchased dair falcon punching you >w> that seems a bit worse, yet it wasnt at a tourney

It was awesome though :D

Siel

Smash Cadet
Gannon is a good teamate when it comes to you + cpu vs cpu+cpu.
But hardest would probably be marth?

GreatRit

Smash Cadet
well, technically speaking it isn't that hard to beat lvl 9s because:
Fox's Blaster (just spam) can **** it when it continuously shields. In terms of smashing you'll get wrecked by Ganon (Luigi is tough too)

soju

SD God
well if you get action replay and get to the debug menu, you can change the CPU's settings to Lvl. 9 Freak and theyll start doing random dashes in their gameplay :D

Vyzor

Smash Journeyman
and they always try to edgeguard with grabs... so ****ing stupid.
really? I only get grabbed sometimes by them. Sometimes they try to up B edge gaurd. Like C Falcon, Gdorf, Marth, Roy. Or they just edge gaurd you with standard A, and it always hits :/

keeper

Smash Champion
best cpu level 9s are either Samus or Gannon. I did a cpu tourny n gannon ***** everyone, lol
This sounds right. We did CPU Money Matches once and the Ganondorf always won. There was a Ganondorf ditto MM too, the same Ganon won each match convincingly, I forget what port but recall one of the stages was Japes.

RayquazaTheKip

Smash Rookie
I say C.Falcon and Ganondorf are the hardest. Ganondorf KNOWS what to do and he always ends the battle in a 1 stock - 0 stock. C.Falcon, FASTER than Ganon, and he attacks hard so he is pretty much harder than Ganon in my opinion.

Rush

Smash Apprentice
Ganon is pretty good, and plus he doesn't SD a lot. The big issue with computers in melee is that they are wildly inconsistent. They might be able to powershield often or grab quickly when you shield but they always seem to SD in the same manner (ie. Falcon Raptor Boost). However, sometimes they pull off some nice moves. I've had Falco tech my Marth Fsmash on the edge of Pokemon Stadium. Another time Falco wall-jumped off Yoshi's Story to Phantasm recovery. I've also had a Fox wall-jump of the tree to nair on the fire transformation in PS.

omnibus2

Smash Cadet
Hmmm. Ganon hasn't really been that hard. It seems he doesn't powershield 100% of the time (I play falco).

Marth is where it's at, seriously. He is just incredibly annoying with his tilts, and he powershields EVERY SINGLE SHOT.

Edit: Game and watch is also pretty good.

Codi

Smash Ace
i started guessing more towards the end the beginning is pretty much my feelings to whos the best computer.

:ganondorf:
:peach:
:luigi:
:fox:
:marth:
:falcon:
:falco:
:samus:
:popo:
:gw:
:mewtwo:
:link:
:pikachu:
:dk:
:younglinkmelee:
:mario:
:drmario:
:yoshi:
:jigglypuff:
:kirby:
:zelda:/:shiek:
:bowser:
:pichu:

Machiavelli.CF

Ivy of the West
NNID
Machiavelli.CF
3DS FC
3222-5675-4966
In computer vs computer fights, Link will (90%+ of the time) always win. Just throwing that out there
Human vs Cpu, I find marth most annoying... through my limited experience of fighting cpus instead of people

XAQ

Smash Apprentice
lvl 9 mindgame tips

Cpt Falcon- walk next to edg and sheild Cpt falcon will grab you and raptor boost off the edge

Kirby- walk next to edge and sheild kirby will grab you and quickly press up and he will throw himself off the edge.

Yoshi-make sure you are level with yoshi (final destination works best). you also have to be far away from him. he will eggroll off the edge

Gannondorf- lure him close to the edge. he wil use dark dive off the edge. air dodge so the attack doesnt hit you

Mario/Dr mario- this is easiest with kirby or jigglypuff. hover next to the edge Mario will try to spike you with his fair and plummet to his death. dr mario is such a ****** for doing this, because he cant even spike you

DK- go to kongo jungle and just wait. he will suicide 1/10 times

ness- go to kongo jungle; just wait until he suicides the first time. to make him suicide again, got to a far platform and the dash across the stage. ness will fall into a pit.

Roy/Marth/fox/falco/sheik- go next to a pit on hyrule temple, mushroom kingdow two, any stage with a pit. roll to the edge and do a light sheild. they will try to attack you and fall to their deaths.

Luigi-walk next to the edg. usualyy luigi will use his green missile of the edge. jump to avoid it

link/y link- go to kongo jungle. lure them over to the far platform. hang on to the edge where they x is below and they will dair to their deaths. this sometimes work with bowser and samus

____ x__________ ____

with all charcters- kill yourself after ten seconds on poke floats and just wait -the cpu will stand on stquirtle's arm until they die
mushroom kingdom 2 is hit or miss suicide for every character

hope this helps for 1 player mode ; )

hemlock

Smash Cadet
my buddy and I were going young link and samus vs two lv 9 links in mushroom kingdom. it was not pretty.

of course, we don't really have any AT skills, but what can I say! we're learning.

looks like the consensus here has been for ganondorf, peach, and luigi. i'm throwing a +1 for Link on lv. 9. it's just chaingrab, bomb, upthrust, downthrust all day.

LLDL

Smash Hero
^ Actually those are like my two easiest matchups ever lol.

TheGoat

Smash Ace
Yeah, I don't see the big deal with ganondorf cpu. I play him a lot and he really isn't that difficult. Marth....is the most annoying cpu by far, at least in my opinion. Fox and peach are pretty good as well.

Metal Reeper

Smash Champion
The best cpu is Peach btw, I know everyone loves Ganon, but Ganon is 2nd on the CPU tier list. Peach pulls stiches and bombs all the **** time, and Nairs out of EVERYTHING.

Top Bottom