• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who do you feel is the hardest character in melee at Max level?(Besides the Frames)

xxpatgxx

Smash Journeyman
I'd say Peach or Fox on Very hard. Falcon for the hardest Medal.

Discuss...

UberMario

Smash Master
Fox is the best cpu, although Classic Mode battles against giant characters (played on Very Hard when you only have only one stock) can throw you for a loop as long as they aren't DK, who pretty much self-destructs on the spot.

MarioMariox2

Smash Ace
NNID
KunehoKun
3DS FC
0748-3131-6459
If you have bad DI and your character has a meteor smash (not a spike), LVL 9 Doc and Mario are pretty beast with CGs and ledgetech -> nairs.

KeeLime

Smash Rookie
You have to be kidding, guys.
The best cpu is Ganon, without a doubt.
Go and test it if you don't believe me:
Put him up against whoever 99 stocks final D, he will win every time. I think fox is second best, Marth and Samus are also tough too.

W.A.S.T.E.

Smash Ace
Mario and Peach after the first level of Adventure Mode are ridiculous. Seriously. Do it on very hard. They are so frustrating. I think part of it is that the handicaps are kind of skewed so that it is much easier for them to knock you out than it is for you to knock them out.

Inaphyt

Smash Apprentice
If you ignore his recovery, Luigi can be very hard for you to beat even while trying your hardest vs some characters. Samus nairs out of every possible combo setup or up b's. Because level 9's powershield sometimes you feel a little defenceless as falco. Jigglypuff... omg i think this is the hardest character. IF you don't just spam smashes and play like you usually do, jigglypuff fairs quite well.

Inaphyt

Smash Apprentice
Also all computers perform better on stages other than fd. Bowser usually sucks like he sucks anyway but try playing him on yoshi's island he will give you a harder time aswell as dk.

m&m1992

Smash Cadet
Gannondorf and Luigi are thought to be the best lvl 9 comps.
i would not say ganon, he´s dumb, cause he always makes B and up tilt, you can **** him.
furthermore his recovery is easy to edgeguard

every lvl 9 com is bad, they are doing just the same.
change your style and you can jv5 stock all of them.

Propeller Toad

Smash Journeyman
I have always felt that Falco was really powerful at max level however Ganon too is also pretty strong.

undyinglight

Smash Journeyman
i would not say ganon, he´s dumb, cause he always makes B and up tilt, you can **** him.
furthermore his recovery is easy to edgeguard

every lvl 9 com is bad, they are doing just the same.
change your style and you can jv5 stock all of them.
A common inside joke at my local tournaments is said when a 2v2 is about to start. When one team is waiting on another player's partner to show up the partnerless player often says "Ge over here before I use a lvl 9 Gannon as my partner."

rhan

Smash Hero
Peach, Fox, IC's.

No one else compares.

I totally thought we was talking about how hard it is to play that certian character at max play...

Anyway.... No computer is difficult.

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
A common inside joke at my local tournaments is said when a 2v2 is about to start. When one team is waiting on another player's partner to show up the partnerless player often says "Ge over here before I use a lvl 9 Gannon as my partner."
that's not even a joke in MN, we just actually use level 9 ganons sometimes cuz they are so good.

MarioMariox2

Smash Ace
NNID
KunehoKun
3DS FC
0748-3131-6459
that's not even a joke in MN, we just actually use level 9 ganons sometimes cuz they are so good.
It's prefer a lvl 8 Mario and ditto with him. He's like one of the few cpus that can "adapt" to situations (by situation i mean location). 2 v1 combos are **** w/ him.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
i would have to say, trying to beat a lvl nine peach with pichu, it was really hard the first timei did it,
but when you do, you just scream at the top of your lungs for doing the near impossible...
and btw, this isnt for people who are either pretty good with pichu like me or main pichu,
no, that would be 2 easy xD , i want only people who hate, or suck a pichu to try this and see how hard it is...

m&m1992

Smash Cadet
i was talking about 1 vs 1
in team battles i would chose ganon as teammate, too.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Hhmm, intriguing, tell us more...

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
Ganon, then Luigi, then Fox.

I dunno who said Marth is hard, but it's all a matter of spacing when it comes to him.

Although, I reserve this for a compie that deserves it's own tier. Mario. He's too ****, wallteching off the bottom of DreamLand and s**t.

_Rated D.R.K_

Smash Apprentice
Ganon would just jab you and you wold be like "WTF" and he would edgeguard like a freaken beast. I could never understand cpu Melee Ganon.

Laudandus

Smash Journeyman
If you jump off the stage, cpu mario tries to follow you and kills himself.

But if cpu marth is far away from you and you're falcon, press b and he runs up to you, whiffs a grab, and gets falcon punched

-Sinister-

Smash Ace
sheik. but when she changes back to zelda, she sucks.... i'm surprised i haven't seen anyone put shiek yet....

Top Bottom