• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who are your ex main's in Brawl?

Lemonwater

Smash Ace
I tried to main G&W and Lucario (I wanted Luc. to be in Brawl SOOO much, I even made a moveset for him way before Brawl was released...it was a pleasant surprise when he appeared, and he seems to be doing well with everyone. I wish him well) when Brawl came out, but I simply don't do as well with the floatier characters as I'd like to. I still love em and I still use them though. Things just didn't work out for them to be my mains.

Link was my main since N64, and he shared a spot with Roy in Melee. Link wanted me back so I accepted XD

I play a ground-based game of timing and reflexes, and I prefer the heavier characters who hit harder since I am willing to trade some mobility.

Cinos_Gohegdeh

Smash Apprentice
Meta-Knight was my first brawl char. i always wanted him in smash since Kirby air ride. Then it was Wolf. Then Marth. Then Lucario Then Shiek

justaway12

Smash Master
my ex-main is kirby i tried to main him like i did in meele but he wasn't good which is fun because he is in high teir now and was low meele but i was still going to main him although when i played the subspace emissionary the first match against mario and kirby i ACCIDENTLY played as kirby, my friend told me that whoever wins will be knocked out by some kind of canonball (i think he meant petey) so i played as kirby and mario was still knocked out by a canonball i also saved peach so mario was defeated by link so i had to play it again with mario winning against everyone i'd rather have peach kidnapped than mario losing a match:mad088: (a normal mad face can't express how mad i'm feeling only grimer can)

I tried going back to kirby but it just wasn't the same :(.

Sukai

Smash Champion
Ike: Too slow and I didn't have alot of potential with him, makes a great secondary and FFA guy
Sonic: Too Fast, too hard to manage, not strong enough.
Zelda: Redundant.
Link: He was okay for a minute, then I started sucking with him, to this day I don't know why...
Falco: He just.............didn't work out.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Right at the start of Brawl I mained Link, since he was my main in N64 and Melee.

But I didn't like his Boomerang so I switched to Toon Link >_<
Then I found out he wasn't as great as I thought he was, actually a lot worst. Toon Link forever!

ScubaF_ingSteve

I eat stickers all the time, dude!
NNID
ScubaSteve94
Fox. When I heard he was uber in melee and along with the fact of him being a Fox made me go for him, didn't like the style, still play from time to time, but I have moved on to: Wolf, Diddy, Dk, falco, R.O.B, yoshi, wario, shiek,lucario, ZSS, samus, snake, mk, dedede, g&w, bowser, marth, ganon, and ness

Lmao I use too many characters, I hate naming all the characters I use, I only remember half of them most of the time.

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
Wario/Pikachu - They were overshadowed by my current mains. I just forgot to use them. I was having too much fun with PSI.
G&W - Dropped him because to me, he felt really powerful. Turns out it really was. I'm not tier-biased, it's just that the feeling of easily 2-stocking someone everytime without much effort gets boring.
Jiggs - Was overshadowed by my Kirby to the point where I didn't use Jiggs anymore.
MK - He felt broken from the start, I was unbeatable with him against my friends. I dropped him when I learned about his true potential. (See G&W) I only played him cuz I love the Kirby series.
DDD - Same as MK. Except I don't like big, fat and slow chars. My friends got mad when I CG'd them anyway. XD

Voss

Smash Rookie
I mained Peach. Then I realised I wasn't good at Peach. I mained Falco. I realised that Falco was better than Ness.

I now main Ness. :|

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I tried maining both Dedede and Diddy when Brawl first came out. In fact, I probably played Dedede more than Diddy.

Then I just really got into Diddy.

I don't think I can say that I mained Dedede to any great degree because I never used him in a tournament.

Other than that, I have used Marth in the past. But I haven't used him much either.

Aveean

Purple Yoshi Double Dunker
Pokemon Trainer from the start! I was best with Squirtle from the start though and it was a bit discouraging to learn all three and how to switch effectively, so I almost dropped him as a main at one point. I'm glad I didn't now, because I get a lot of compliments during friendlies and tournament play about my good PT.

Secondaries have been a problem though..
Started with Wolf: Quickly dropped because my friend started complaining.
Fox: He was somewhat of a challenge to get the hang of - still love him though.
Pikachu: I like him, still like him, but I have trouble killing with him and it bothers me how predictable he is without plenty of QAC's.
GaW: I like...but I really want someone faster.

Then I considered MetaKnight for a day. Decided I was never gonna touch him. Ever.

Then I switched back to wolf: Love the speed, weight, etc, but his recovery is really bothering me =/

Now I sorta play all of those occasionally, but only in casuals with my friends. I'm still on the hunt for a secondary. I'm looking for someone that is good at pressuring and/or has a lot of speed. I'm great with fast characters.
I'll figure it out eventually, but I am always open to suggestions ;D.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Who are the characters you attempted to main when the game first came out but then realized that it wasnt going to work? and was there any special reason it didnt work?

I left

Sonic: His low priority and hit power annonyed me. He also didnt fit my playstyle. If he was a little bit stronger i could main him IMO

Wario: his short range and bad recovery annoyed me. I kno he can have good recovery wit his VB and bike but those are situational.

Pit: He and MK were my original mains but Pit is more defensive to me and i like aggresive styles like MK. Also felt a lil bit awkard for my play style but i miss spamming his arrows and that shield....
Wario's recovery is not bad. His aerial mobility and double jump alone trump many recoveries. Added to the fact his bike has awesome distance means Wario is one of the best recovery users in Brawl.

You may be good at talking canon, but you really suck at using Wario's recovery.

I wanted to main Lucas too. I used him alot, and thought he was good. However I soon released his mediocrity and dropped him like a phat beat.

Ziata

Smash Rookie
When the game first came out, I was like "OMGZ!!11, Snake is on here!" So I tried him...>_<. He's not like any other character on here. I couldn't get used to his smash attacks, so I gave up on'em.

Then I chose faithful Link. He was pretty decent, but I wanted to play around so then I chose Diddy Kong (For his Down B hehe) and Bowser (just to suicide). But my currently is Link.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Diddy Kong, Wolf, Lucario, Pikachu ( I secondary him now. <.<) Peach, Zero Suit Samus, Metaknight, Snake, and Ness.

Yep. That's all of them. ^^; Now I've found my soulmates. Kirby, Ice Climbers and Dedede, lol. :D

Brave Hippo

Smash Ace
I used to main Snake...nuff said. lol, Now I'm focusing on Olimar and Captain Falcon. I use 3D as my secondary and play Luigi for fun.

LuLLo

Smash Ace
For me it was Ike since he was announced on the Dojo, sticked with him ever since.
Also, I tried Snake, which worked pretty good and I'm a big fan of the MGS-series, but he quickly got boring for me...I play him every now and then though.
My melee-main was C.Falcon, and when I found out he didn't have the combo's etc etc like he had in Melee, I dropped him (didn't even looked at the tierlist)...which was a mistake, because I fell in love with playing as him again and have been doing it non-stop the last months, and it keeps getting better :).
I also considered Link and Wolf, but those 2 got boring pretty quick, though I still want to get good at playing with Link..

Electric Eel

Smash Cadet
I first mained Ike when I got it the first day, I continued with him until I unlocked Snake. I used Snake for a month, but then switched to Wario who is my current main.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Peach- At first I used her as my thrid main, then one of my friends used her a lot of time's thanks to me owning him with Peach, now he mains Peach. I didn't want to main the same characters as my frined, so I dropped her.

Luigi- Same reason

King Dedede- He was fun, till people use him so much in a tourney, now he's too predictable.

Pit- I did good once, then he just fell apart on me in two tourney's, so that's the main reason.

That's just about it, I still play those characters, I just don't use them in tourney play anymore.

Nicole

Smash Champion
Sonic: I wanted Sonic to be good, I really did, but he just isn't. He is high risk, low reward, and you have to work so hard for every kill that it's just frustrating.

Zelda: Her kill moves are too hard to land. Plus her recovery is freakin' tough to execute well, esp. without getting punished or edgehogged. She has no approach.

Peach: I mained Peach in Melee and wanted to continue, but her new mechanics, 2nd jump, and lack of killing power made me give up on her. She's still fun to play as though.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Link: I just... I would literally get frustrated whenever I'd have to Up B to recover.... xD

Lucario: Friend started playing him. I don't like playing the same characters as my friends. Just kinda grew out of him...

Pit: I dunno... Friend started to play him too... I don't really know why I stopped playing him... o-o

Pokemon Trainer: Couldn't play very well with them... ;-; However, I have been trying to pick them back up recently...

Zelda/Shiek: Dunno. Guess I never really clicked with them.

Roy: ................ wait.......................

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I went through a Peach phase and mained her third. After a while I decided to drop her for some reason. Not really sure why, just didn't play so extraordinary with her I suppose.

Moon of the Strawberries

Smash Journeyman
I used to play Bowser constantly, then ditched him due to low speed and horrible recovery. Also, it seemed that people always knew what I was going to do next, and could always dodge most of my attacks.

Surprisingly, I still play him on the side, and people say that i'm still really good with him.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
I never mained anyone, I just played Bowser because of his cool black/white colour at first, but that didn't last long. Now I'm back playing Boozer.

yummynbeefy

Smash Champion
alright get readdy for a reeeeeeeally long list

pits the only one i still main today and hes my only main (although im thinking about repicking up kirby)

mario, luigi, ness ,lucas ,link, toonlink, sheik, gannondorf, zelda, samus, zero suit samus, pit, kirby, metaknight, fox, falco, pikachu, pokemon trainer (all 3) jigglypuff, gw, snake, and sonic (in no particular order)

yea and i realised i was never going to get any better if i didnt drop some of them but in the end i dropped all but 1

and my melee mains when i first picked up melee (in particular order
pikachu, mario, captain falcon, sheik, falco, link, young link, mewtwo, dr mario, gannondorf, kirby, gw, jiggs

to this day i still only play with sheik, link, and young link

Nexus Bond

Smash Apprentice
First, I mained Link. I mained him at first because I really like the Zelda games, but I dropped him because of his horrible recovery.
Then, I went to Fox. I mained him because I liked his speed, his aerials, and his powerful kill moves, but I dropped him because he fell too fast, he had a bad side-b. The main reason, however, was because my sister picked up Pikachu. Grr...
After this, I used to some extent Mario, Bowser, Samus, Toon Link (he almost sticked), Marth, Ike (he's really fun), R.O.B. (he also almost sticked), Luigi, Pikachu (but my sister would refuse to play with me if I picked the same character as her), Lucario, Lucas, and Ness.
But then I found Falco, and he worked pefectly for me. Except after I consistently 3-stock my friends, they have all picked up Falco, so I think I'm going to leave him for Samus, Lucario, R.O.B, Toon Link, or Marth.

Dayzin

Smash Journeyman
Fox: I got hit by a 360 falcon punch and thats when i realised that i wasn't so good with him.

UncleSam

Smash Master
Pit: once I stopped using smashballs me and Pit grew apart, he then fell off the face of the earth
Samus: I mained her in melee, When I first get Brawl I try her out she if she's changed, I play, she's different, I stopped

Top Bottom