• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which stage is the most fair?:

xJon

Smash Cadet
Honestly the most FAIR stage is Battlefield; There is nothing more fair than that.
It's not too flat, it's a neutral, 3 basic platforms.

MeLL0W

Smash Apprentice
I guess it really depends on the character your using. Not many stages are fair with every single character.

blackanese

Smash Lord
New York Citaaay :333 Occupation: Stripper ;]
lol technically there r no fair stages. as people already mentioned, each stage has some ups and or downs to characters, regardless of how fair it seems. its just decided by what the characters are.

still though, i honestly believe SV is the fairest. as 1 already mentioned its small enough 2 not camp, while being a basic stage (i guess besides that moving platform lol)

Mark1119

Smash Cadet
Battlefield.

Nothing weird happens, just a simple stage with a few platforms.

Pikaluver

Smash Cadet
I have to say.. Every stage is fair. You just have to pick the correct fighting style and character. Some characters do great on terrian and obstacle filled stages like Hyrule Temple and some characters do great on non-terrian stages like Final Destination. People just have to develope strategies to overcome their weaknesses at different stages.

Magus-Cie

Smash Journeyman
I do not feel like reading through 26 other pages of posts, so I will say this: I think FD is (slightly) unfair to 'Dorf mains. On occasion when you try and recover from the sides of the stage with his up + b, you get stuck and end up plummeting to your doom.

TP

Smash Master
I do not feel like reading through 26 other pages of posts, so I will say this: I think FD is (slightly) unfair to 'Dorf mains. On occasion when you try and recover from the sides of the stage with his up + b, you get stuck and end up plummeting to your doom.
Nah. You can always avoid that if you practice recovering from everywhere on that stage. It never happens to you after you train a bit. However, that is still a bad stage for Ganon since projectile-users can camp him effectively.

Meese

Smash Cadet
There isn't a "most fair" stage.
Its a completely arbitrary assessment to call a stage fair without considering the characters being played.
FD:
Diddy Kong v. Bowser on FD, not fair for Bowser considering the banana mobility on the level.
Any camper also has a nice advantage on FD.
SV:
A nice Snake stage against about all of the cast. Access to mobile explosives is incredible.

Ditto characters make any stage "fair" because both players are dealing with the same hazards and environment and then it comes down to strat and skill.

Basically, all answers to this thread are opinion based and there is no evidence that can prove a "most fair" stage.

POKE40

Smash Lord
Probably we can find the anwser to the "most fair stage" by starting from top unfair stages down. :o
Here is how it would go.
The most fair stage would be the stage that everyone sucks on. Or. everyone does great on... the closest one I can think would be probably Battle field...

c3gill

Smash Ace
The most fair stage would be the stage that everyone sucks on. Or. everyone does great on... the closest one I can think would be probably Battle field...
Battlefield screws characters that dont work well on platforms, and characters that have bad aerial movement. Its not a very "fair" stage.

Ditto characters make any stage "fair" because both players are dealing with the same hazards and environment and then it comes down to strat and skill.

Basically, all answers to this thread are opinion based and there is no evidence that can prove a "most fair" stage.
Agreed. If I have to pick one, its probably Smashville though.

MoonShoes

Smash Rookie
hahaha.
well, I don't like it when my friend says that "Final Destination is the most fair stage"
I think that it is not. You may have said this already but, a stage can be found most fair for each particular battle.
Example: for a 2vs.2 match you start with a large list, then one by one each player chooses a stage that they do NOT want to play on...and end up with one stage in the middle. This may take a while...but it should be fair.
(P.S.) Somethimes when I read 'fair' I think forward-air...:)

goldemblem

Smash Apprentice
The most fair stage is Battlefield, flat stages like FD and Smashville give advantage to campers, sword char and diddy, battlefield it's a good stage for almost every char and the only char i think has an advantage here is Wolf, and Diddy and Snake get a little screwed by this stage. (bananas are harder to control and Snake's Usmash is cut by the Plataforms)

BMunich16

Smash Apprentice
I don't believe there is a "fair" stage, there are loads upon loads of playstyles and characters, it is not possible.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Campers are at a disadvantage here then. Try pitting ROB vs. MK here. Two very good characters, one very bad outcome.

BMunich16

Smash Apprentice
I mean there are limitless (not really) match-ups, playstyles, and whatnot, so some character are going to be at a disadvantage on a certain stage. And that one person who mains that character will always be countering that the stage is unfair, and the argument goes around in circles. Though I have to say, the fair"EST" stage is smashville because characters with good aerials don't rule here like on battlefield.

Super Shadow Brawler 99

Smash Apprentice
I don't think there is a ''fair'' stage in Brawl. Each character has advantages and disadvantages on each stage of the game. Final Destination, Battlefield, and Smashville are the stages where everyone plays well on with minor problems.

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
Final Destination because there are no platforms and disruption. Also theres plenty of room to move around the stage.

Ikenomon

Smash Apprentice
Probably the most fair stages are Battlefield, Final Destination, and Smashville. Some characters do have advantages/disadvantages on these stages so there isn't really a fair stage but these are the most fair imo.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
If the main platform of Battlefield was the length of FD, then that would probably be the most fair stage.
Since there isn't I'd go with Smashville, due to it having enough room to move, but not being completely flat.

The fairest stage in terms of layout is the normal version of both Pokemon Stadium stages

Mike B

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-8237-0519
hmmmm. PLANET ZEBES!

The lava helps everyone with bad recovery, but at a price.

Jezza

Smash Rookie
Final Destination is by far the most balanced map.
Battlefield has platforms that render aerial bombings (like Yoshi, Samus or Kirbys Down B moves) practically useless if the opponent is on the ground floor. I dunno about smashville, it also is pretty balanced.

Alfa

Smash Apprentice
Final Destination is not the most balanced map, characters with projectiles and reflectors have a advantage over those that don't, Falco, Pit, Link, Tink, Snake and Olimar all have advantages here, just to name a few.

Smashville's moving platform or the ghosts on yoshi's island can both save lives, and change the outcome of the match.

Battlefield is probably the fairest, because it's only problem is blocking aerial approaches from above. "Aerial Bombings," are rarely used, not all characters have them (11 do), and there are usually better options available.

By the way Jezza, come to Stigma B, and bring Kevin along with you.

ShadowNovan

Smash Cadet
Smashville.

Due to it's size, and variable moving platform it doesn't encourage camping as does Final Destination, and at the same time doesn't have the three constant platforms of battlefield which seem to get in the way of people, or add to other people.

There really isn't a completely fair stage though, not for all characters as a whole.

In certain matchups yes, but not overall.

Pazx

hoo hah
NNID
Pazx13
It would most likely be Smashville. The single platform and small size makes it fair for most players.

Plus, it's edges won't kill you > >

Top Bottom