• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which stage is the most fair?:

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
I'd say smashville hands down. Edges cant gimp your recovery *cough* FD *cough* and BF's multiple platforms and overall smallness of the stage can be detrimental to some characters

MoonGhost

Smash Rookie
Final Desitin is boring for me. I miss Hyrule Castle. Why is it that the "fair" levels are so boring anyway?

c3gill

Smash Ace
There is no "most fair" stage, or else every tournament would be played on that stage. the "most fair" stages all aid in one style of play or another (FD with projectile camping, BF with the hindrance to movement impared characters, SV for the moving platfom)

The system we have makes all stages different depending on who is playing on them, and it WORKS! We dont need this BS "most fair stage", Ill happily play on a stage that benefits me and hinders my opponent.

Gladiator92

Smash Rookie
smashville...

final destination is better for wario (bike), yoshi (egg) and jigglypuff (rolling)... so is not to fair for the other characters

edit: any stage with no hazards is fair

Samus Aran X

Smash Cadet
Delfino has no obstacles on the actual shifting platform, it's just a battlefield, On the landing sites, there aren't any obstacles either, just a few indents here and there, so I think it's fair. Final Destination is kind of inbetween. It's fair because it's so flat and simple, but that's also the reason why it's unfair. This doesn't induce any strategy-making or fighting, the only real strategy required is surviving, as opposed to other stages where jumping is involved. personally, I think every stage is fair. it depends on perspective.

Rhox

Smash Rookie
I can't honestly look at any stage and say it's the "most fair." Each has their own faults that can be used to argue that it is not the "most fair." If anything is "most fair," it's the neutral stages as a whole that are the "most fair" from the rest of the cast of stages.

Just my $0.02.

Lemonwater

Smash Ace
Smashville I think

There's no stupid lip under the edge to trap you (poor, poor Ike, Link and Marth.....), no stage hazards, there's a moving platform for strategic things like approaching a projectile spammer, and the blast lines seem to be pretty well placed. AND that red balloon helps to refresh your stale moves.

1. Smashville
2. Yoshi's Island (I've never had trouble with the support ghost, and I've played with Ganon here. Just because you can't thunderstorm as easily and your head sticks out a little doesn't mean you'll instantly lose)
3. Battlefield
4. Final Destination
5. Castle Siege/Lylat Cruise (I never had trouble with transitions and ledge entrapment on either...Castle siege is only noticeably advantageous on the second transition if they chain grab)

In that order (my opinion).

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Delfino has no obstacles on the actual shifting platform, it's just a battlefield, On the landing sites, there aren't any obstacles either, just a few indents here and there, so I think it's fair.
How can you even think Delfino is the most fair?? It shouldn't even be neutral.

Delfino has water that equals inescapable gimps if the other player doesn't mess up. It has parts with walls that lead to infinites, and parts with walk off ledges that people can be chain grabbed to death on. And then there is also a part without a grabbable ledge that completely screws over tether recoveries and reoveries with very little verticle rise. Then the water completely screws some characters over and gives others extreme advantages.

There is no way this stage should be considered the most fair. It doesn't come close.
QFT. 10chars

will.d

Smash Rookie
Spear Pillar (JK)
-Although, you do have an equal chance of being Vaporized ;)

Probably Battlefeild, and Final Destination. Their simply normal. Nothing that attacks you, they don't move, etc.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
There is no one stage that is the fairest. People that like long stages and have the projectiles to will own at Final Destination and Smashville, while people who enjoy attacking through platforms will enjoy Battlefield and Yoshi's Island Brawl. It really just depends on your character.

Pink murder

Smash Ace
Yea, I'd say battlefield too, its the most neutral stage there is IMO ^^
-It's not long, so it discourages camping and people with projectiles wont have that much of an advantage.
-You cant get stuck under it unlike in FD.
-The ceiling is pretty much average (On the low side) and same goes for the walls.(Edges?...>.>)
-There are a few platforms, but they don't move. Plus the stage is flat, so its fair for both people that have good aerial game, and people who don't.

Smudge

Smash Lord
Easily Hanenbow, No-ones good on this stage :D

In all seriousness, I've got to go with Battlefield. the roof and sides are too low/small or high/long. The platforms are evenly spaced, the stage is long enough to maneuver around but not too long so campers can go crazy.

It's not the perfect stage, but it's a really good stage and the most fair for me.

jokey665

Smash Ace
Easily Hanenbow, No-ones good on this stage :D
Hey, I rock the Hanenbow whenever I'm able to... which is almost never because everybody that isn't me hates it. It would be my counterpick 100% of the time if it was legal. Oh well, I still have some wacky stages I get to use most of the time anyway.

Adetque

Smash Apprentice
No stage is the most fair. It depends on the characters. That's what the neutral stage striking is for.

Tomkraven

Smash Journeyman
Why is a lot people saying that FD is the most fair stage? Thats kinda lame. Big flashy **** all other the stage, bad ledges, quite large, allows campers to do their work(links, robs, lylats etc). Even though im a gnw and falco main, i really wouldnt say that it is the MOST fair, i would go with smashville or battlefield(although im starting to hate this stage cause of marth). Anyway, theres no actual reason to say that FD is the most fair apart from being completely flat.

JennetteMcCurdyFan

Smash Rookie
Well, I REALLY think the most fair is BATTLEFIELD.
Final Destination is ok but Battlefield is more...more..uh..how can I say..
Fun.

Energy Whip

Smash Cadet
Smashville would be for me, There's no silly placed platforms and its a straight path to run down and the music also makes up for the fun. :)

darkTL

Smash Rookie
most likely smashville...and battlefield. FD has those lips that i hate, the lips that you can get urself stuck in...

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
smashville is the most fair easily

fd has the gay ledges
battlefield is really small, giving certain characters an advantage

and the platform is high off the ground meaning no character can really **** from underneath like on stadium or battlefield.

but there is a platform meaning projectiles can't camp as well.

obvious answer imho

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
I'd say Battlefield, just like everyone else...

Anyone else hate how in Delfino if you use Fox/Falco's side B or Zelda's teleport meaning to grab the ledge, you'll just end up in the middle of the stage and fall to your death . . . lol

Top Bottom