• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which stage is the most fair?:

Johnny Pteran

Smash Journeyman
Well, for the 3 "fair" stages, let's see.

Smashville: Moving platform, and small main platform. The moving platform can often save a character with a bad recovery if it's positioned right. Some characters can go underneath the stage with relative ease.

Final Destination: Spam heaven, + lip. Somewhat big, too. Really annoying to fight a character with a good projectile here... As far as I know, only characters with glides, or overpowered recoveries like ROB can go underneath it.

Battlefield: Standing on a platform? Prepare for an upsmash from underneath. Spam is negated here anyway because of how small it is, and, in my opinion, Battlefield just seems cramped with all the platforms... But that's just what I think. Players can also go underneath this stage quite easily.

I personally would say Smashville... But if there were just a stage that was smaller than Final Destination, but with no platforms, it would be more balanced than any of these.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I've always prefered small stages. Playing against an experienced Ganon on Final Destination can get frustrating, platforms help give certain characters an edge.

I've always liked Frigate Orpheon and Yoshi's Island the most. ^^;

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Oh, if we've taking votes, I'm all for Smashville.
Even though I never liked Animal Crossing.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
The inner G&W in me says Battlefield just because he is such an amazing platform camper, and Nair becomes essentially impossible to punish, with Bair being more of a hassle too.

Smashville allows a lot of characters to go under the stage VERY easily and the platform can be whored by characters (G&W :D) but overall it has a similar feel to FD but more condensed and without the lip.
I might say Yoshi's Island as it doesn't hamper any recovery but it can give a gimp free recovery to some characters and spammy characters are very effective here. I know from experience to never take a Snake or TL here. The platform is too high (unless pivoting down) and long to be advantageous platform abusers and acts like a funnel. It basically forces you into spam.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
No one thinks yoshi's story? I say yoshi's story is the most fair, because it has a nice long fairly flat playing field and a platform which doesn't really get that much in the way. Sure those little things that can save you make it a little bit unfair for people who should've died, but I think this stage offers the most for the majority of the cast.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I agree, it's one of my very favorites.
That single platform that often slants up or down can cost you a lot, but it makes the game more fun.

Although, I never pick that stage with Wolf. The square shape makes recovery a nightmare.

Bob Jane T-Mart

Smash Ace
The top three fairest stages are:

1. Final Destination
2. Smashville
3. Battlefield
I disagree I reckon Smashville is probably the fairest, because it has a platform and a flat area, something for both defensive and offensive characters/players. Battlefield is more balanced than Final Destination because people with spammy horizontal are not as great as in FD. Also in FD moves like Falco's side B are very easy to spam, because the offensive player has nowhere to escape Falco's side B.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Ha falco's side b is easy to punish. If someone is spamming it, punish them for it until they learn and stop. There is no stage that is most fair. Can we please end this discussion?

/thread

Alphicans

Smash Hero
In melee falco's side b is easy to punish, just CC it and grab into combo, or just smash. In brawl depending how close you are to him, falco's side b is very hard to punish.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
I meant if they spam it, or if they always use it in a certain situation. If you know it's coming it's easy to hit him out of it/shield it/ or avoid it and go to where he will end up. Even if you don't see it coming it's really not that hard to shield.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I'm not going through all of this, but I'm just going to say Smashville is the fairest.

stRIP

Smash Ace
I think that Battlefield is the fairest,too

its kinda "unfair" on smashville, if some1 is succesfully gimping a char that has Bad recovery like Ganon/Captain Falcon and they easily go on the platform instead of the edge (i mean the Bad recovery Chars xD)

so i think Battlefield is the fairest

Pdiamond

Smash Apprentice
Flat Zone 2.

Everyone has an equal chance at getting screwed over by hazards.

camzaman

Smash Journeyman
I think Smashville is the perfect stage:

1 - flat area for open movement
2 - platform for spam avoidance/variety
3 - moving platform is the perfect element of chance that adds variety without being too crazy
4 - THE BALOON!!!

Regam

Smash Rookie
1. Smashville
2. Battlefield
3. Yoshi's Island
4. FD

Stagebuilder can easily make one better. Imagine Yoshi's Island without ghosts, or a smaller FD.

TP

Smash Master
Smashville isn't fair to everyone. Try playing a good Olimar or Snake at Smashville lulz.
It is not perfectly balanced, but it is still the most fair. Those two certainly enjoy a nice advantage at Smashville, but every stage favors certain characters.

Also, for everyone who says Yoshi's Island is the fairest, try playing as Ganon there. Good luck.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Smashville isn't fair to everyone. Try playing a good Olimar or Snake at Smashville lulz.
Those are the two characters I main and I would much rather go battlefield with olimar and FD for snake. XD

3 - moving platform is the perfect element of chance that adds variety without being too crazy
4 - THE BALOON!!!
This guy knows what he's talking about. ;)

Also, for everyone who says Yoshi's Island is the fairest, try playing as Ganon there. Good luck.
Or diddy. That stage completely ***** his banana game. I ban that stage every single time I'm using diddy cause of how bad it sucks for him.

Ace Of Flames

Smash Apprentice

4 - THE BALOON!!!
It'd be freaking awesome without the plat form IMO.

Who wouldn't want a small FD?

platomaker

Smash Journeyman
i prefer smashville rather than battelfield. heck i prefer FD than battlefield. yoshi's island?

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
Smashville is easily the fairest stage. You can hide under Battlefield's platforms, and Final Destination encourages camping and has the lipped edge.

Smashville is small, only has one platform that can be used to avoid projectile camping, but yet you can't effectively camp underneath it.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Smashville is easily the fairest stage. You can hide under Battlefield's platforms, and Final Destination encourages camping and has the lipped edge.

Smashville is small, only has one platform that can be used to avoid projectile camping, but yet you can't effectively camp underneath it.
Snake makes smashville broken.

sonic 12111

Smash Journeyman
True. His DACUS covers the whole field and since it is so small it makes it easy to ok. Same with ice

platomaker

Smash Journeyman
ok, its broken, is it not the "fairest"? that's the question. Makes them broken? You mean "more broken"? Making Ganon or Snake more top tier doesn't really seem like an issue, as long as you don't make it an issue. I've played good snakes before, I don't see how much "better" he gets on that stage, I could be wrong.

crazn137

Smash Journeyman
ok, its broken, is it not the "fairest"? that's the question. Makes them broken? You mean "more broken"? Making Ganon or Snake more top tier doesn't really seem like an issue, as long as you don't make it an issue. I've played good snakes before, I don't see how much "better" he gets on that stage, I could be wrong.
Moving C4 is too pro.

platomaker

Smash Journeyman
its not like you can't block or dodge it, and its not like he could really do anything else while denotating it, its not such a killer move it just prevents camping.

chivesontheweb

Smash Cadet
When I think fair, I think Yoshi's Island, but every stage gives advantages to certain strategies and characters. Every single so-called "neutral" stage is going to seem disadvantageous to somebody, right?

Top Bottom