• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which stage is the most fair?:

marthmaster59

Smash Journeyman
I would say that battlefield is the fairest
final destination is extremely unfair to those without projectiles.
NOT AGAIN^

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Characters like MK, Oli, and DK completely **** on this stage and others are put at a disadvantage at the same time.

And marthmaster, sorry if I seemed kind of rude, I was just in a real annoyed mood at the time. I don't have anything against you or anything.

This thread is kind of pointless LOL.

Earthbound Zero

Smash Journeyman
Smashville, no one has a disadvantage there, some characters just do great on that stage (-cough- snake -cough-) while other's just do average.

Orfn

Smash Apprentice
Smashville. Anyone who says FD disregards that projectile spam is godlike there and slow characters will get camped. Battlefield can be rough on some characters who can't deal with attacks from below, but it's definitely second best. Lylat somewhat disadvantages characters with aerial approaches. Yoshi's Island does the same.

GGMoneY

Smash Cadet
Smashville. Anyone who says FD disregards that projectile spam is godlike there and slow characters will get camped. Battlefield can be rough on some characters who can't deal with attacks from below, but it's definitely second best. Lylat somewhat disadvantages characters with aerial approaches. Yoshi's Island does the same.
QFT.

Smashville FTW!
:)

Wallehh

Smash Cadet
I'd have to say SmashVille because the platform lets you escape projectiles and it can help either person depending on their luck.

PirateAce

Smash Rookie
I'm agreeing with the people who say Smashville is the most fair stage. It's kind of in between Final Destination in Battle Field in terms of length and platforms. The length is just the right size where it isn't too short and it isn't too easy to camp on while having one platform allows for the strategies involved with platforms without the disadvantages Lylat Cruise and Battlefield create for some characters.

Midnaftw

Smash Cadet
I don't know... I'm near a giant marshmallow if th
I depise battle field so much, the platforms get in the way so much its not even funny.

At least smashvilles platform gtfo's out of your way, and can help you recover.

It get the **** outs out of your way? Odd.

anyway, I agree that BattleField completely destroys characters such as Dedede, Ice Climbers and Diddy. Smashville is better.

paper otavio

Smash Journeyman
It get the **** outs out of your way? Odd.

anyway, I agree that BattleField completely destroys characters such as Dedede, Ice Climbers and Diddy. Smashville is better.
You forgot Ness.:laugh:

But seriously, I think Smashville is the fairest with Battlefield coming at a close second.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Um... No he doesn't.

And why the crap is this thread still open? It's worthless cause there isn't any "most fair" stage. Every stage will give certain characters advantages and put others at disadvantages.

Sihlus

Smash Rookie
I don’t believe that there are any “fair” stages. Each character and stage are different, resulting in certain levels that accommodate or hinder a specific character. You must also keep in mind that the levels are perceived by players through the eyes of their main. What a C. Falcon player may think is fair a Kirby player may hate or visa-versa. The point isn’t to find the fairest level but to find a level that both you and your opponent can agree upon. Otherwise you are relying on opinion. I believe the creators of the game intended Final Destination to be a neutral ground, but this just isn’t the case. The smallest detail about a stage that one might take for granted such as overall stage size could be someone else’s bane. But gun to my head I’d have to say Battlefield is the most fair, or least bias… take your pick.

EmperorB-rad2kj

Smash Apprentice
Well the stage to go with would be smashville you can't get stuck under the ledge like FD. U just get stuck until the animation ends then fall into the abyss. Smashville even has a mobile platform great for combat.

destroyenatar

Smash Rookie
battlefield or smashville. i wouldnt say final destination because it, as somebody else said, might encourage camping for characters with projectiles. also it kinda has a distracting background and i am easily distracted. hey look, something shiny.... *runs away*

Kirby Redux

Smash Journeyman
Smashville, Delfino, Yoshi's island, and Battlefield are all great stages. They are the most balanced. Delfino is kinda bad because you can get locked against a wall. I.E: Falco uses Neutral A repeatedly and locks you into the corner in one of the "ministages" on the stage.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
^^Here's a quote from earlier in the thread.

How can you even think Delfino is the most fair?? It shouldn't even be neutral.

Delfino has water that equals inescapable gimps if the other player doesn't mess up. It has parts with walls that lead to infinites, and parts with walk off ledges that people can be chain grabbed to death on. And then there is also a part without a grabbable ledge that completely screws over tether recoveries and reoveries with very little verticle rise.

There is no way this stage should be considered the most fair. It doesn't come close.
Another quote from a couple pages back.

I will tally all the definite votes.

Smashville - 31
Battlefield - 14
Final Destination - 3
Yoshi's Island - 2
Pokemon Stadium - 1
Delfino Plaza - 1
Halberd - 1
Hanenbow - 1
Wario Ware - 1

After ten pages, I think we can come to two facts.

1. Some people really know nothing about this game.

2. Smashville is considered the fairest, followed by Battlefield, following by a large margin then Final Destination, and then Yoshi's Island.
This is three pages back, so the tally is a little out of date, but you guys get the picture. This thread has served its purpose.

And why the heck is pretty much everyone in this thread someone who has joined in the past couple of months? And most of them completely **** my post count, WTF. I think these people need to spend a little less time on the boards and a little more time actually playing the game so they can actually know what they're talking about lol

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
final destination is broken
A stage that does nothing is broken?! What's next, Warioware is fair because it give people healing and the other invincibility? If you john about campers, just dodge or block them, it's not too hard. And about the edges messing you up, pratice so you don't get messed up by the edges.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
I'm pretty sure he was exaggerating to get his point across, but I agree with you. Anyone who thinks Warioware is fair has no clue what they are talking about.

Top Bottom