• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which Pokemon should be in Brawl?

Which Pokemon should make the roster?

• Lucario

Votes: 255 26.3%
  • Blaziken

Votes: 264 27.2%
  • Deoxys

Votes: 191 19.7%
  • Meowth

Votes: 163 16.8%
  • Heracross

Votes: 64 6.6%
  • Dragonite

Votes: 112 11.5%
  • Poliwhirl

Votes: 38 3.9%
  • Sandslash

Votes: 106 10.9%
  • Paras

Votes: 41 4.2%
  • Swampert

Votes: 37 3.8%
  • Buoysel

Votes: 19 2.0%
  • Bulbasaur & evolutions

Votes: 52 5.4%
  • Munchlax

Votes: 45 4.6%
  • Lugia

Votes: 47 4.8%
  • Charizard

Votes: 116 11.9%
  • Sceptile

Votes: 63 6.5%
  • Scyther

Votes: 189 19.5%
  • Sneasel/Weavel

Votes: 57 5.9%
  • Kadabra

Votes: 58 6.0%
  • Gengar

Votes: 111 11.4%
  • Pichu Bros. / Plusle & Minun

Votes: 108 11.1%
  • Hitmonlee / Hitmonchan

Votes: 207 21.3%
  • Eevee & evolutions

Votes: 100 10.3%
  • Grimer

Votes: 40 4.1%
  • Missingno

Votes: 95 9.8%
  • Cubone

Votes: 120 12.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

spjd

Smash Apprentice
Although I know it's never gonna happen and he doesn't fit in Brawl in any possible way I'd like to see Oddish. :grin:

Ipslne

Smash Journeyman
You obvoiusly never figured out why some pokemon could breed with each other, and some cant.

Charizard is in the Monster and Dragon Egg groops. that means it can make eggs with other Monsters like Mareep or Kangaskan, and other Dragons, like Milotic, Salmance, and Grovile.
Ah I see, so you made this up to make it easier for yourself? It was pretty obvious whom should have been able to breed with whom. I didn't need to stick them into groups to figure it out.

cba

Smash Master
question : why do people like blaziken so much?
wow it must have sky uppercut (or some wierd move)
and it is fire type.(thats what some people think)

for brawl is would be very corney to have blaziken. just think of it
and the would most likely put in a NEW pokemon from the games that are coming out.
guess what they call it:
PROMOTION......

although that is my personal oppinion.

Ipslne

Smash Journeyman
Not that I don't agree with you, but your personal oppinion would probably be taken into more consideration if you typed better :(

(not that everyone's perfect... but there IS a backspace key.)

Black/Light

Smash Master
My goodness, this is just funny :laugh: .

Yes, Char is a dragon. . . .the end. He isn't a dragon type but he is a dragon. MAYBE there was a missunderstanding here or something but he is a dragon but not dragon typed.
*looks to find the post that started this*
Kaid-Ridey is enough Dragon for brawl. If they need a poke-dragon, Charizard would be my choice.
F/O said- ridley isnt a powerful pokemon. charizard isnt a dragon.
OHHH, now I see LOL!

What Kaid mean't was that Riley is a powerful Dragon CHARACTER thats wanted greatly for this game. And Char IS a dragon. Really, you said NOTHING about type in that quote so how did you expect people to take that comment?

F/O-being able to breed with dragons doesnt make something a dragon. im not asian because i can breed with asians, am i?
Sorry. This is just so moronic that I HAD to say something. . .
Being able to have a baby with a Asian person means that you are a human, just as Char being able to breed with Dragons makes him a dragon.

Another example, a dog is not a wolf. They are not the same but they can have baby Half-Wolf-half-Dogs together because they are both related by being in the K9 family.

urban_shinobi

Smash Journeyman
question : why do people like blaziken so much?
wow it must have sky uppercut (or some wierd move)
and it is fire type.(thats what some people think)

for brawl is would be very corney to have blaziken. just think of it
and the would most likely put in a NEW pokemon from the games that are coming out.
guess what they call it:
PROMOTION......

although that is my personal oppinion.
lol, check the first like 100 posts man

kaid

Smash Master
Ah I see, so you made this up to make it easier for yourself? It was pretty obvious whom should have been able to breed with whom. I didn't need to stick them into groups to figure it out.
Actually, I let other people figure it out.

http://serebii.net/games/breed.shtml

Monster
Dragon
Ground
Bug
Plant
Water A
Water B
Water C
Indeterminate
Fairy
Humanshape
Mineral
No Egg

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
Syther could be but very unlikely.Pickachu dosnt grab things with his hands so he could grab things with his mouth.
first of all, can you imagine a character that big and that intimidating/serious using its mouth for items? second, pikachu does use its hands with items. it may not pick up items with its hands (by the way, there isnt much of a problem with picking up with a mouth from that low to the ground) but it does use its hands. you see pikachu use its hands when it shoots ray guns, super scopes and fire flowers, when it uses barrels, when it attacks with hammers and when it floats with parasols. how would scyther pick up and throw barrels?

Wrath`

Smash Master
first of all, can you imagine a character that big and that intimidating/serious using its mouth for items? second, pikachu does use its hands with items. it may not pick up items with its hands (by the way, there isnt much of a problem with picking up with a mouth from that low to the ground) but it does use its hands. you see pikachu use its hands when it shoots ray guns, super scopes and fire flowers, when it uses barrels, when it attacks with hammers and when it floats with parasols. how would scyther pick up and throw barrels?
Easy flip it up and put it on his back.

Good pokemon no-ones thought of(Thats what i think)is Machamp:psycho:

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
scyther wouldnt work. how would it throw barrels from its back forward? how would it shoot with guns? how would it use vertical parasols and hammers with its horizontal mouth?

DaFlameking

Smash Cadet
blaziken and hitmonlee/hitmonchan could be bad ***. I could see how they could work in the system. Also i can see meowth in the game with his payday for coin matches but nothing else though......

But really, ytf is there an option for Lugia. That would be so broken in so many ways. *unlimited fly* >_> the rest are broken too. lol like cubone's short hop club and skull bash

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
so basically, any Pokemon that doesn't look completely like a human would be broken? how would Marowak be broken? Lugia seems to be a joke choice, but how do you think Pokemon the majority of Pokemon would be broken? Mewtwo should have been broken, and it wasn't.

Boolossus

Smash Ace
I voted Blaziken, Sandslash, Plusle/Minun, Deoxys, and Scyther. I really like Sandslash, it's sad that he's not so popular:( I believe that Blaziken would make the best character of the bunch, he has loads of potential attacks, he can jump, and Sky Uppercut could be a recovery move similar to Marth's Dolphin Slash and Roy's Blazer.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
I believe that Blaziken would make the best character of the bunch, he has loads of potential attacks,
that are already being used by characters in the game.
he can jump,
gee, thats interesting. i thought everyone could.
and Sky Uppercut could be a recovery move similar to Marth's Dolphin Slash and Roy's Blazer.
ooo! a similar move! who wouldn't want that? unique moves are nothing compared to moves that are similar to present moves, right?

anyway, i was thinking that no pokemon that have a form that they can evolve to by level should be able to be a character unless their higher level evolved form is already a character. pokemon that evolve by level evolve from battling, so you would expect a lower level requiring evolution to evolve in game at some stage, so it would make more sense to only put their higher evolved forms. anyway, if you think about it, the higher stages are more like main characters than the lower stages which are more of additional characters. lower formed pokemon eventually evolve and then have nothing to do with their past forms, and make their present forms their main form. all pokemon evolve into their final form at some stage unless they require something more than levels for their evolution. because of this, the highest formed pokemon as a result of levels are more important than their lower forms, for their lower forms would quickly become them anyway. a pokemon that has an extremely significant version of itself in the anime that hates its higher forms could be excluded from this though if the facts point to them never evolving, such as meowth.

kaid

Smash Master
anyway, i was thinking that no pokemon that have a form that they can evolve to by level should be able to be a character unless their higher level evolved form is already a character. pokemon that evolve by level evolve from battling, so you would expect a lower level requiring evolution to evolve in game at some stage, so it would make more sense to only put their higher evolved forms. anyway, if you think about it, the higher stages are more like main characters than the lower stages which are more of additional characters. lower formed pokemon eventually evolve and then have nothing to do with their past forms, and make their present forms their main form. all pokemon evolve into their final form at some stage unless they require something more than levels for their evolution. because of this, the highest formed pokemon as a result of levels are more important than their lower forms, for their lower forms would quickly become them anyway. a pokemon that has an extremely significant version of itself in the anime that hates its higher forms could be excluded from this though if the facts point to them never evolving, such as meowth.
Pikachu evolves.
Pichu evolves.
Jiggilypuff evolves.

I think your theory is already shot to hell.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Pikachu evolves.
Pichu evolves.
Jiggilypuff evolves.

Not really, FiErCe said that some Pokémon are more regonised unevolved. Which I guess counts ALOT for the likes of Pikachu and Pichu.

The only Pokémon which should be full evolved in Brawl is Lucario.

Micahc

Smash Ace
Scyther could use items, you just need to get creative with it. Scyther could shoot a ray gun by having it pressed against the flats of his blades (It's not like any of the characters actually press the triggers to begin with....). For the Superscope he could use the flat of his blade to press it up against his body with the stock pressed up against his chest. It could hold the hammer between it's blades and it could hold the parasol in his mouth and hold his head up.

scyther wouldnt work. how would it throw barrels from its back forward? how would it shoot with guns? how would it use vertical parasols and hammers with its horizontal mouth?
Again, he would just use the flats of his blades to shove it forward, they're not fricking lightsabers :ohwell: . And again, Scythers head is attached to his body through this wonder of biology called THE NECK.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Tell you what. Tell me that to my face, then play me. I'll main Mewtwo, and we'll see what you're saying afterward.
If I could find you I would.I would use falco and I would win.Mewtwo's flaws:light wiegh,suck smash attacks.I'm too fast with falco for you to use your grabs.

ON TOPIC:
Good pokemon for ssbb=electibuzz

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
If I could find you I would.I would use falco and I would
ON TOPIC:
This is why I hate this thread. The poll has too many options, thus giving people these kind of idea's. Why not the evolved form of Electabuzz for the sake of it? I'm not really overhyped about Lucario either... The only Pokémon I REALLY want is Mewtwo.

Btw, I bet that kaid would kick your *** with his Mewtwo. You see, Mewtwo has good combo's vs Falco to. Mewtwo's wavedash is long and fast, so he can easly approuch you with a Dtilt if you can't SHL... Which I doubt you ever heard of in the first place... ;>_>

And who said Mewtwo will suck in Brawl? I think it might be more of the opposite, since the developers centrainly know they screwed up with Mewtwo... Thus making him better.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Oh, are; Ember, Brave bird, Flare drive, Fire Blast, Aerial ace, Over-Heat, Will-o-wisp, Blast-Burn and fire spin being used in melee? (These are only fire attacks that have nothing to do with the feet, fist or a short ranged flamethrower and TWO bird attacks. . . not even half of what she could do)

Im pretty sure s/he mean't "Jump very high".

ooo! a similar move! who wouldn't want that? unique moves are nothing compared to moves that are similar to present moves, right?
Look, just because someone uses a move as a example of how they think a new move could work doesn't mean they are saying "OZMG! Blaziken can work just like so-and-so!!! It would be cool!". That just means they are using a example to show how it could work. . .
Calm down son.

urban_shinobi

Smash Journeyman

i sitll fail to see how you can want your pokemon and bag on everyone else's. if your going to bag, at least start with your own thoughts, so you get a better understanding of how everyone else feels. the bottom part, which is babble everyone knows, is just too stupid for me to say anything about. and your simmiliar moves arguement sucked, because many of the moves that you want for dragonite are already incorperated into the game.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
If I could find you I would.I would use falco and I would win.Mewtwo's flaws:light wiegh,suck smash attacks.I'm too fast with falco for you to use your grabs.

ON TOPIC:
Have you even played a good Mewtwo player? Mewtwo is good at comboing heavy characters including Falco, and his wavedash is one of the best in the game. Plus why couldn't Nintendo just make him better in Brawl? They improved some of the characters from being bad in the original to being one of the best in Melee.

Oh and urban_shinobi, instead of just having multiple posts at once, why not try the "Edit" button to change your posts before someone else sees the post?

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
A move set for blaziken
UP B:Sky uppercut
B Left Right:Flamethrower
B Down:Blaze kick
B:fire punch
this is the sort of stuff i dont like... you do realise all those moves are already in the game, right?
Pikachu evolves.
not by level, and it never will evolve (in the anime)
Pichu evolves.
into pikachu, who is in the game. pichu is obviously an additional character compared to pikachu, for it wouldnt stand a chance if pikachu wasnt in (i know that would never happen, but its true)
Jiggilypuff evolves.
not by level
the theory is a little complicated, but i think it works. it would be like having.. cubone. it evolves by level and has no reason not to, so having its next form which it is going to be the form of its previous form at some stage would make more sense.
Scyther could use items, you just need to get creative with it. Scyther could shoot a ray gun by having it pressed against the flats of his blades (It's not like any of the characters actually press the triggers to begin with....). For the Superscope he could use the flat of his blade to press it up against his body with the stock pressed up against his chest. It could hold the hammer between it's blades and it could hold the parasol in his mouth and hold his head up.
creative? more like extremely awkward and unworkable... lol, having items in between its scythes wouldnt work. they arent hands. they would probably slip out. now, i can just imagine scyther using a parosol. dont you think that would take away just about all of its coolness?
Again, he would just use the flats of his blades to shove it forward, they're not fricking lightsabers :ohwell: . And again, Scythers head is attached to his body through this wonder of biology called THE NECK.
scythers blades cant stick onto things like spidermans hands. they're made of metal. metal is slippery.
Oh, are; Ember, Brave bird, Flare drive, Fire Blast, Aerial ace, Over-Heat, Will-o-wisp, Blast-Burn and fire spin being used in melee? (These are only fire attacks that have nothing to do with the feet, fist or a short ranged flamethrower and TWO bird attacks. . . not even half of what she could do)
Blaziken isnt recognised for those moves in the game, anime or support cult. anyway, flare drive seems to be some sort of fire fox and overheat is just a stronger version of flamethrower.
Im pretty sure s/he mean't "Jump very high".
yeah, and Dragonite can fly. so what?

ook, just because someone uses a move as a example of how they think a new move could work doesn't mean they are saying "OZMG! Blaziken can work just like so-and-so!!! It would be cool!". That just means they are using a example to show how it could work. . .
Calm down son.
"OZMG! Blaziken can work just like so-and-so!!! It would be cool!" is what it sounded like to me... why else would you use an example with a move that would obviously be nearly identical to present moves?
i sitll fail to see how you can want your pokemon and bag on everyone else's. if your going to bag, at least start with your own thoughts, so you get a better understanding of how everyone else feels. the bottom part, which is babble everyone knows, is just too stupid for me to say anything about. and your simmiliar moves arguement sucked, because many of the moves that you want for dragonite are already incorperated into the game.
you again? how am i "bag"ing? before you start considering me to understand everyones feelings, you should start understanding my feelings towards you (i dont care about what you think/your opinion is idiotic and i dont take anything you say seriously). how can you talk about my babbling when you do it the most out of everyone here? wait, now you seem like you are attempting to start an argument with me... before you attempt to start a pointless crappy argument for no reason other than your idiocy, maybe you should finish your last argument that you apparently gave up on... if you are going to argue that the moves in the dragonite thread are clone moves, maybe you should provide some examples instead of coming up with proofless theorys like you always do...
now stop spamming. its very annoying.

urban_shinobi

Smash Journeyman
Have you even played a good Mewtwo player? Mewtwo is good at comboing heavy characters including Falco, and his wavedash is one of the best in the game. Plus why couldn't Nintendo just make him better in Brawl? They improved some of the characters from being bad in the original to being one of the best in Melee.

Oh and urban_shinobi, instead of just having multiple posts at once, why not try the "Edit" button to change your posts before someone else sees the post?
because i enjoy my sig beign posted for that long.
thanks for asking

kaid

Smash Master
not by level, and it never will evolve (in the anime)
into pikachu, who is in the game. pichu is obviously an additional character compared to pikachu, for it wouldnt stand a chance if pikachu wasnt in (i know that would never happen, but its true)
not by level
the theory is a little complicated, but i think it works. it would be like having.. cubone. it evolves by level and has no reason not to, so having its next form which it is going to be the form of its previous form at some stage would make more sense.
So there is absolutely no evidence for your theory, as you specifically exempt all the pokemon already in melee.

creative? more like extremely awkward and unworkable... lol, having items in between its scythes wouldnt work. they arent hands. they would probably slip out. now, i can just imagine scyther using a parosol. dont you think that would take away just about all of its coolness?
scythers blades cant stick onto things like spidermans hands. they're made of metal. metal is slippery.
That is a load of truthyness, not to be confused with actual fact.

as a video game, items could magically stick to Scyther's claws, no explanation needed. Just cause you cannot see how something could work, doesn't mean someone else smarter and more imaginative than you can't.

maybe you should provide some examples instead of coming up with proofless theorys like you always do...
Mayby you should take your own advice.

Micahc

Smash Ace
creative? more like extremely awkward and unworkable... lol, having items in between its scythes wouldnt work. they arent hands. they would probably slip out.
Metal isn't slippery, and Scyther has bone and skin supporting the blades. It juts out over the blade, so the blade wouldn't touch it at all. Just the skin. And for the record, unless your sweating, skin isn't slippery.

now, i can just imagine scyther using a parosol. dont you think that would take away just about all of its coolness?
Doesn't Ganondorf holding onto a parasol take away from his coolness?
Greased metal might be slippery, but metal isn't slick...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom