• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which Pokemon should be in Brawl?

Which Pokemon should make the roster?

• Lucario

Votes: 255 26.3%
  • Blaziken

Votes: 264 27.2%
  • Deoxys

Votes: 191 19.7%
  • Meowth

Votes: 163 16.8%
  • Heracross

Votes: 64 6.6%
  • Dragonite

Votes: 112 11.5%
  • Poliwhirl

Votes: 38 3.9%
  • Sandslash

Votes: 106 10.9%
  • Paras

Votes: 41 4.2%
  • Swampert

Votes: 37 3.8%
  • Buoysel

Votes: 19 2.0%
  • Bulbasaur & evolutions

Votes: 52 5.4%
  • Munchlax

Votes: 45 4.6%
  • Lugia

Votes: 47 4.8%
  • Charizard

Votes: 116 11.9%
  • Sceptile

Votes: 63 6.5%
  • Scyther

Votes: 189 19.5%
  • Sneasel/Weavel

Votes: 57 5.9%
  • Kadabra

Votes: 58 6.0%
  • Gengar

Votes: 111 11.4%
  • Pichu Bros. / Plusle & Minun

Votes: 108 11.1%
  • Hitmonlee / Hitmonchan

Votes: 207 21.3%
  • Eevee & evolutions

Votes: 100 10.3%
  • Grimer

Votes: 40 4.1%
  • Missingno

Votes: 95 9.8%
  • Cubone

Votes: 120 12.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Since the other thread for Pokemon was getting large, kaid had the idea to restart the topic and add a formal poll, so that's what's going on here. For the record, Paras > all other Pokemon, but unfortunately, Nintendo and the world at large don't seem to appreciate the awesomeness that is Paras. So in second place is Hitmonlee. If you disagree, you are wrong.

And for clarification, yes, this is the second time I post this topic. I messed up the poll the first time, so I apologize to the people that had posted in it. :)

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
eh, no worries dude.

again, i will say, out pichu, add blaziken, lucario, and heracross. why? each has representation of certain points. what have we got so far? speed, 1st and 2nd generation, and "rare".

Blaziken can easily represent the 3rd generation, the median level in smash, and a starter pokemon (i know pikachu has been one, but it was only because of the anime. i consider the originals to be starters, but not pikachu so much)
Heracross could easily take over pichu's place in 2nd generation, as well as a powerhouse for the franchise.
Lucario has representaion of the 4th generation, and he has a cool ninja vibe. he could easily be mewtwo's rival in smash and would be a unique character to play with his unique combination of types.

kaid

Smash Master
Lucario, Deoxys, and Blaziken, of cource, but Bouysel, Bulbasaur, charizard, and Sceptile also would make interesting additions to the cast.

EDIT: and Lucario isn't legendary. We don't know how rare he is, but he isn't legendary.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
No problem at all. ;) Were only human after all. :p

Now I voted for Blaziken and Lucario.

Eaode

Smash Champion
I vote Lucario and Deoxys.

Lucario is my #1 pick, but Deoxys would be very interesting with the transformations and such.

Lucario deserves a spot in Brawl, Period. Unless Paras is in ;)

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Lucario because he is a new pokemon and he is fighting fit, he would bring a unique playing style to Brawl.

Meowth because he is popular, Recognisable and Iconic, he would also use a variety of moves such as pay day and his guitar to make him a difficult character to use.

Last but no least Dragonite because he is strong, with good jumps and would be a perfect fighter.

PhantomEdge

Smash Journeyman
Id have to say lucario, because smash really needs a fighting pokemon, and lucario would have the best moveset and be really awesome! also deoxys because of his unique charcter design, the designers could do a lot with him. and dragonite, for the same reasons as xianfeng said.

the Marronator

Smash Ace
EDIT: and Lucario isn't legendary. We don't know how rare he is, but he isn't legendary.
Actually, we don't even know if he is a legendary or not. There are plenty of arguments for both he is or he is not legendary, but there is no proof leading either way. Sure the demo screenshots of Diamond and Pearl might suggest he isn't, but it's just a demo.

Btw, Lucario FTW

icymatt

Smash Lord
Meowth, Deoxys, and/or Lucario. None of the other Pokemon really stand out in any particular way.

However, Gengar is the best Pokemon ever.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
In a small tech demo of a game that was never made to show off the graphics for the Gamecube.

Yeah, that really is peoples' justification for saying Meowth has a guitar. :rolleyes:

kaid

Smash Master
Actually, we don't even know if he is a legendary or not. There are plenty of arguments for both he is or he is not legendary, but there is no proof leading either way. Sure the demo screenshots of Diamond and Pearl might suggest he isn't, but it's just a demo.

Btw, Lucario FTW
The evidence for can be summed up in a single line: He was in a movie.

Everything else can be explained.
-Caught in a Masterball? Take a good look at the move Anticipate... and imagine a developer trying to catch ANY wild pokemon that spammed it.
-Wave Guiding title? That's nothing compared to Arcanine's Legendary Pokemon title.
-Signature move? Softboiled, jump kick, Megahorn... need I go on?

Compared to some simple facts.
He has a gender, without any advertised counterpart. (try and find official art of the Lati@s pair NOT together)
He has been shown at lower levels (30, at the lowest) than ANY non-event pokemon. (mew, Deoxys, MANFI...)
He was under consideration for having a preevo, according to the official website.
In the Pokejungle demo, he was wild.
In art, Lucario is usually depicted next to buoysel, who is NOT a legendary.
http://img45.imageshack.us/img45/3310/part1ou2.png
http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/3658/part2mo4.png
(note the absence of any known legendarys from that lineup)

His pokedex number was leaked, in the low 100s. Doripian had a higher pokedex number than it.

Care to make a bet on Lucario's legendary status?

Yoshi

Smash Lord
Hitmonlee or Hitmonchan since they are the most human and would fit in the easiest. Then again if I had to choose, mainly Hitmonlee. He got snubbed from being a poke-ball Pokemon in Melee, and cause I like Bruce Lee more than Jackie Chan. Now if Hitmonorris was an option, I'd obviously choose him.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
By the way, who the hell wants Munchlax? What could possibly be interesting about him to play as in Smash? Yes, he's a smaller, faster Snorlax. Snorlax is cool. Munchlax is not. He doesn't DO anything that a character slot in Brawl should be wasted on, as far as I'm aware.

DarkKnight077

Smash Lord
Where is Ferilagator and Typholsion and the second generation of pokemon at? So far I see two or four if you count evee cruddy evolutions. But where is Ifflgybuff, Scizor, Hitmotop, Steelix, Blissey and..heck even throw Politoad in there..

kaid

Smash Master
The list I gave McFox were the pokemon who were suggested at least twice by different people in the old thread. I only saw 1 Feraligater, 1 tyflosion, and one Scizor. The others you list, I did not see at all.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
lol i cant believe dragonite and heracross are equal 4th... i reckon you should take lucario and deoxys off the list. everybody knows they are the 2 most wanted. they usually just hog votes all the time. i voted for dragonite and lucario. i reckon you should put marowak up there, but i doubt he would get any votes anyway.
lol i cant believe how long my pokemon thread was alive for. it got posts every day without my help sometimes. the only thing that could stop it was a lock :D

Iggy K

Smash Ace
lol i cant believe dragonite and heracross are equal 4th... i reckon you should take lucario and deoxys off the list. everybody knows they are the 2 most wanted. they usually just hog votes all the time. i voted for dragonite and lucario. i reckon you should put marowak up there, but i doubt he would get any votes anyway.
lol i cant believe how long my pokemon thread was alive for. it got posts every day without my help sometimes. the only thing that could stop it was a lock :D
You voting for Dragonite? Who would've guessed that? Anyway, I voted Deoxys, I didn't know you could pick multiple choices, oh well.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
You voting for Dragonite? Who would've guessed that? Anyway, I voted Deoxys, I didn't know you could pick multiple choices, oh well.
did i say dragonite? sorry, i meant Munchlax, i want him sooo badly soley for the reason of him being from the 4th gen and the 4th gen owns and it is a pimp and it makes the other gens suck. especialy the 1st gen. i dunno why i cant imagine him jumping or even walking because of the fact that whenever its not eating its sleeping, but besides that it would own with attacks like... uh... charm... that attack owns because babys use it

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
oni said:
i meant Munchlax, i want him sooo badly soley for the reason of him being from the 4th gen
That can't be why people like Munchlax. He should be in Brawl because he was created later than some other Pokemon? That's not "pimp," it's idiotic.

And don't diss the first generation. Paras, the greatest Pokemon ever, is from the first generation.

Actually, most of the best Pokemon comes from the 1st gen, Paras, Hitmonlee, Mewtwo, Blastoise, Snorlax, Jolteon, etc.

Pima

Smash Journeyman
Paras FTW!!

But if ANOTHER pokemon has to be added, it can't be a flying one, specially if flying is its only way to move, it can't be new (I at least, got only over to the Gold & Silver versions, and because I respected it as an RPG) and it should be something not an insanely large amount of people uses (as it is with current ones), so Paras :)

I can't really give my opinion about all those names up there which I do not know, but come on.... missingno?

Pima

Smash Journeyman
and the 4th gen owns
No it doesn't. Each and every one of the 4th gen pokemon are just a copy/ are very similar/ are named the same \similar\ or have the same attacks as the 1st generation, even the 2nd. So please, more respect

Black/Light

Smash Master
No it doesn't. Each and every one of the 4th gen pokemon are just a copy/ are very similar/ are named the same \similar\ or have the same attacks as the 1st generation, even the 2nd. So please, more respect
. . . . We haven't even seen them all or know all of their names yet so place. . . .don't jump the gun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom