• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which Pokemon should be in Brawl?

Which Pokemon should make the roster?

• Lucario

Votes: 255 26.3%
  • Blaziken

Votes: 264 27.2%
  • Deoxys

Votes: 191 19.7%
  • Meowth

Votes: 163 16.8%
  • Heracross

Votes: 64 6.6%
  • Dragonite

Votes: 112 11.5%
  • Poliwhirl

Votes: 38 3.9%
  • Sandslash

Votes: 106 10.9%
  • Paras

Votes: 41 4.2%
  • Swampert

Votes: 37 3.8%
  • Buoysel

Votes: 19 2.0%
  • Bulbasaur & evolutions

Votes: 52 5.4%
  • Munchlax

Votes: 45 4.6%
  • Lugia

Votes: 47 4.8%
  • Charizard

Votes: 116 11.9%
  • Sceptile

Votes: 63 6.5%
  • Scyther

Votes: 189 19.5%
  • Sneasel/Weavel

Votes: 57 5.9%
  • Kadabra

Votes: 58 6.0%
  • Gengar

Votes: 111 11.4%
  • Pichu Bros. / Plusle & Minun

Votes: 108 11.1%
  • Hitmonlee / Hitmonchan

Votes: 207 21.3%
  • Eevee & evolutions

Votes: 100 10.3%
  • Grimer

Votes: 40 4.1%
  • Missingno

Votes: 95 9.8%
  • Cubone

Votes: 120 12.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eaode

Smash Champion
Yeah, if anything, Grovyle deserves to be in more than sceptile.

And DokturSea's post count=My Birthday, I just noticed :)

EDIT: Nevermind, he posted again ;_;

EDIT2: wow, there was another page o.o

DokturSea

Smash Lord
Here's his Wiki info:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paras_(Pokémon)

I want to see what Sakurai pulls out next in terms of pokemom. I cant wait.
Oh, I kwow quite a lot about him. I'm quite the PokeFan. I'm just a little tired of all this stupid Paras hype. He offers NOTHING to the game. He's not recognizable, he's got no original traits, and he's LAME.

Now Munchlax on the other hand, you want something he can bring? Metronome. He does a random B move from another character, bringing unpredictability to any fight. That's not lame. It's cool. Plus, Munchlax can also do the only thing Paras hold to his name, put people to sleep. It's a move called Yawn. A description? Munchlax yawns, releasing a pink bubble from his mouth. The bubble shoots forward and anyone it touches will be put to sleep.

Eaode

Smash Champion
okay, so now we got munchlax with metronome. Now what?

Movelist:
B: Metronome
>B: Eat (or yawn, whatever)
vB: Rest
^B: (blank)

Very interesting....

Now Paras:
B: Leech seed (Projectile, with similar effects to lip's stick)
>B Fury Cutter: Stronger with each hit
vB: Sleep powder (mid low range)
^B: Uh, I'm stuck here, but there's a possibility for something, because he doesn't weigh 250 pounds.

There ya go.

DokturSea

Smash Lord
okay, so now we got munchlax with metronome. Now what?

Movelist:
B: Metronome
>B: Eat
vB: Rest
^B: (blank)

Very interesting....

Now Paras:
B: Leech seed (Projectile, with similar effects to lip's stick)
>B Fury Cutter: Stronger with each hit
vB: Sleep powder (mid low range)
^B: Uh, I'm stuck here, but there's a possibility for something, because he doesn't weigh 250 pounds.

There ya go.
I like how your argument fell flat on its face when you could only think of three moves for each.

Want a moveset for Munchlax? Fine.

B - Metronome: Munchlax does a random B move from any character in the game. I desrcibed it before I do believe.

Forward B - Yawn. I described this in my earlier post.

Down B - Body Slam: If used on the ground, Munchie just falls straight down in front of him. If done in the air, he falls straight down , belly outwards, doing good amounts of damage.

Up B - Fire/Thunder/Ice Punch - Munchie flies upwards, fist outstretched. It alternates through the three elements. When used once, it is Fire Punch and sets the opponent it hits on fire, duh. Used twice it's Thunder Punch, self-explanitory, and thrid is Ice Punch, which freezes the opponent for a very short period of time.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
I was thinking more of:

^B - Leech Life - Paras jumps diagonally. If he touches someone, he sucks some health out of them. *EDIT* For clarification, it's like the Falcon Dive.
B - Spore - Holding B will release more and more Spores until it's gotten to a fairly good-sized range. It puts anyone who touches it to sleep without fail. However, it's not a game-breaking move because people can escape it like regular sleep, it just takes a little longer.
>B - Leech Seed - Paras throws several seeds forward, who sprout plants on the other character, sapping health.
vB - Solar Beam - Paras charges for a moment, and then unleashes the Solar Beam.

And anyway, I don't actually believe Paras will ever make it in. Yes, I love Paras, but I'm not "seriously" suggesting him for Brawl. I'd love for him to be in, sure, but he won't.

However, some people really do think Munchlax needs to be in the game. Metronome's an okay move, but it isn't unique to Munchlax. Many Pokemon can do Metronome. I want to know what it is particularly about Munchlax that people think needs to be in Brawl.

And yeah, if you say Paras is lame again, I'll have to ban you. I actually won't, but I think it's funny to threaten people with that. :laugh:

Eaode

Smash Champion
@ dokturSea

Your Up-B sounds like mario, but with side effects. And your argument against sleep powder, well, I could recycle it against yawn now couldn't I? "A slash, wow", Marth is an entire character made of slashes, so "a slash" isn't out of the question. And I made those movelists in like 2 minutes, so I didn't have time to twist pokemon moves to work for them. If munchlax can fly up in the air while punching with elemental power, you can think something up for Paras.

Whatever this argument comes to, I really don't care much. I doubt either Paras or Munchlax could be in Brawl. The obvius choices are Lucario, Deoxys, and scyther. Scyther owns your soul.

EDIT: @ dokturSea added, because McFox has super powers.

DokturSea

Smash Lord
Munchlax has Metronome. Plain and simple. None of the other characters with it are important enough to make it out of the Pokeball. But Munchlax was the very first 4th generation ever released to the public, is on the show, and is incredibly, and I mean INCREDBILY, popular in Japan, and has his fair share of fan bases here in the West as well. If you read my entire moveset, you'll find that he brings some unique playstyles to the play. What other character could put a foe to sleep and finish them off with a Falcon Punch? Or have an UpB move that's about as unpredictable as his B?

Eaode: About his UpB being like Mario's. So? Donkey Kong's is like Link's only without a sword. And no, you couldnt recycle my argument against Yawn. Sleep Powder, as you and McFox described it, it just Jiggly's sing with more range. I mean, we have enough "don't get too close, ill put you to sleep!" moves: 1. We need a "you think you're safe over there? HA! NOW YOUR ASLEEP!" moves. Yawn could be so much more versatile than Spore/Sleep Powder.

Eaode

Smash Champion
That's really mature, you edit your critique of my movelist out after i post. Now my counter argument makes no sense. And acting like you know nothing about it, you should know better.

DokturSea

Smash Lord
Actually if you check the times, I edited it out BEFORE you posted. :) I didn't like them either. But yeah, it was immature of me, and I apologize. But then I saw your horrid UpB argument and I had to act, and one thing lead to another.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
I think you're starting to take this a little too seriously. I'm not seriously going to waste my time advocating Paras for Brawl. But you're acting like we somehow are deciding whether or not Munchlax gets in.

He's kind of interesting, but there are many better Pokemon.

DokturSea

Smash Lord
Heh...sorry...I get carried away easily. I was just trying to defend a character I like a lot. And I wasn't bashing Paras anymore, for the record. And hey, you asked for why Munchlax should be in Brawl, and I gave it to you. :)

Yoshi

Smash Lord
I'm sorry but is this really what we want in Brawl?

A little insect? Granted he is being owned by pure legendaries... Lucario and Blaziken are pretty solid picks. But I just realised who (from generation one), should truly be added to Brawl:

MACHOKE!

iankobe

Smash Lord
Blaziken has gotta make it. Imagine he can use "Sky Upper cut" as his Up B move and the "KNEE" as his aerial Forward A attack but with fire!

Blaziken has a big chance other than Lucario.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
It's time you learnt the truth about some of those pokemon here are their original models, it's just plain unoriginal although Munchlax's original model was a lot cooler I can't see why it didn't stick.

*/ShadowFlare\*

Smash Cadet
probably eevee and evolutions. it would be cool to be able to transform into each form on the fly, something like zelda and shiek. it would be interesting atleast.

as for pokemon characters in general, what if they included some human pokemon characters, like Ash or the Rockets? nintendo did attain full rights to the pokemon liscence this year, they may do anything to promote the anime.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
probably eevee and evolutions. it would be cool to be able to transform into each form on the fly, something like zelda and shiek. it would be interesting atleast.

as for pokemon characters in general, what if they included some human pokemon characters, like Ash or the Rockets? nintendo did attain full rights to the pokemon liscence this year, they may do anything to promote the anime.
Meowth, please

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
uhh... im just wonderin... WTF IS WITH THE HITMONS? they are stealing all the votes... well anyway i cant see any form of the eevees as a character. besides the whole transformation thing wouldnt work. ye why not go add 6 more pokemon characters if it doesnt work properly?

Blaziken has gotta make it. Imagine he can use "Sky Upper cut" as his Up B move and the "KNEE" as his aerial Forward A attack but with fire!

Blaziken has a big chance other than Lucario.
i hate this. when people say they want Blaziken because he could be a clone. he would have a mario B up and a C falcon fair and down B! i want him so much because he would have clone moves! he would be an exact clone of c falcon except he would have mario's b up but with fire instead of coins! that makes him so unique!

Black/Light

Smash Master
i hate this. when people say they want Blaziken because he could be a clone. he would have a mario B up and a C falcon fair and down B! i want him so much because he would have clone moves! he would be an exact clone of c falcon except he would have mario's b up but with fire instead of coins! that makes him so unique!
Well don't lesson to the uncreative people that say "I want Blaziken because it would be like a Mario/ Falcon mix clone!!!" because I have already shown you how they can be VERY different. I want her in as her OWN character and not as a Falcon/Mario clone. (You will see what I want soon enuff. . . )

Edit- I know I 2x posted but I couldn't seem to edit the first for some reason.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
How did Lugia become a candidate? I would've thought he would've been one of the harder pokemon to implement.

Seems like Lucario seems to be the favourite at the moment, with Deoxys and Blaziken close behind. Though I have to agree with FiErCe_oNi and that the Hitmons are doing surprisingly well, rivaling both Meowth and Dragonite.

And it's odd how a glitch is getting more support than the majority of the choices.

Yoshi

Smash Lord
Wait wasn't Missingno confirmed as Ho-Oh later on? WTF?
Anyways, someone mentioned why the Hitmon's are in 5th...
They are the most realistic to add in the game.
Seriously.
Sides they were made in honor of Bruce Lee and Jackie Chan,
Even more reason since they are (I beleive) cultural influence.

bijoukaiba

Smash Journeyman
I think I picked too many, but here were my choices:

Meowth: Because thanks to Team Rocket, he's nearly as famous and as popular as Pika.

Deoxys and Lucario: Their games should be coming out around the same time as the Wii (or have they already been released? @_@ ). They'd be cool to see IMO, plus it would be good advertising.

Dragonite: While not as popular as other Poke'mon, I have read an interesting moveset for it. Also, she was once a part of my Blue/Gold version rosters.

Swampert: Because I love my Miko and I'd support her until the end. Yes, that probably sounded like a Yuugiou, dietsnapple81, or Ash Ketchum speech, but I'd be willing to support her no matter what XD. I just wish we could figure out a moveset for her. Maybe I'll have to be the one to fight for my Miko.

I wanted to vote for Eevee and its evolutions (because Vaporeon and Espeon were also parts of my Blue/Gold rosters), but I personally believed five was already enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom