• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which Pokemon should be in Brawl?

Which Pokemon should make the roster?

• Lucario

Votes: 255 26.3%
  • Blaziken

Votes: 264 27.2%
  • Deoxys

Votes: 191 19.7%
  • Meowth

Votes: 163 16.8%
  • Heracross

Votes: 64 6.6%
  • Dragonite

Votes: 112 11.5%
  • Poliwhirl

Votes: 38 3.9%
  • Sandslash

Votes: 106 10.9%
  • Paras

Votes: 41 4.2%
  • Swampert

Votes: 37 3.8%
  • Buoysel

Votes: 19 2.0%
  • Bulbasaur & evolutions

Votes: 52 5.4%
  • Munchlax

Votes: 45 4.6%
  • Lugia

Votes: 47 4.8%
  • Charizard

Votes: 116 11.9%
  • Sceptile

Votes: 63 6.5%
  • Scyther

Votes: 189 19.5%
  • Sneasel/Weavel

Votes: 57 5.9%
  • Kadabra

Votes: 58 6.0%
  • Gengar

Votes: 111 11.4%
  • Pichu Bros. / Plusle & Minun

Votes: 108 11.1%
  • Hitmonlee / Hitmonchan

Votes: 207 21.3%
  • Eevee & evolutions

Votes: 100 10.3%
  • Grimer

Votes: 40 4.1%
  • Missingno

Votes: 95 9.8%
  • Cubone

Votes: 120 12.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Let's face it: They are going to include Pokémon from Diamond and Pearl, so that people will buy Diamond and Pearl, just like they did with Marth and Roy in Melee.
No, they're going to put in Pokemon from Diamond / Pearl because of the opportunities for new pokemon to be repped. Oh, BTW, Roy was put in to advertise, not Marth, he was around since 1990

Yellow Mage

Smash Journeyman
Are we talking Pokemon that come out of the Pokeball items? Or usable characters?

I don't know half of those Pokemon..so I'd hope you're referring to Pokeballs. I personally don't think they should add any Pkmn as usable characters. Keep Pikachu I guess..maybe Mewtwo. But that's about it.
Since the question is "which pokemon do you think will make the roster," I'm pretty sure he means useable. AND DON'T DISS DA PUFF :039: ! Her cuteness rivals even :pikachu: , as well as her toughness. You can count on a friend who's just tough enough, and there are so many times when the song is just enough (oops, rhymed enough with itself :ohwell: ). And, yet, you'd have Mewtwo over her???

What the hell happened to just Pikachu and Charmander. I don't even know what half of these things are.

RIP Original Pokemon. <3
Though I am a modern Pokemaniac, I feel your sorrow :( . My favorites will still, and always, be the originals. :037: is my favorite now and forever.

Ac35Full701

Smash Apprentice
Since the question is "which pokemon do you think will make the roster," I'm pretty sure he means useable. AND DON'T DISS DA PUFF :039: ! Her cuteness rivals even :pikachu: , as well as her toughness. You can count on a friend who's just tough enough, and there are so many times when the song is just enough (oops, rhymed enough with itself :ohwell: ). And, yet, you'd have Mewtwo over her???.
Haha, if cuteness was a factor almost every character in the game would suck. JPuff can be good if used correctly, but all 4 Pokemon are like that. It's just overdoing it. I think only Pikachu should be in this game as a usable character, as they can advertise in Pokeball Pokemon. Pikachu is like the face of the game, and no other character comes out that way. Why do you need more than 1 or 2 Pkmn? Especially the Pichu thing, that was just unneeded.

Yellow Mage

Smash Journeyman
Haha, if cuteness was a factor almost every character in the game would suck. JPuff can be good if used correctly, but all 4 Pokemon are like that. It's just overdoing it. I think only Pikachu should be in this game as a usable character, as they can advertise in Pokeball Pokemon. Pikachu is like the face of the game, and no other character comes out that way. Why do you need more than 1 or 2 Pkmn? Especially the Pichu thing, that was just unneeded.

Cuteness isn't a factor, it's an added bonus. Plus, with her natural fighting prowess AND appearance in SSB64, Jigglypuff is almost GARUNTEED a position.

Pyr0

Smash Ace
Munchlax pwns, and some ppl say hes cute, Lucario hes cool lookin' those are the 2 of the new pokemon that will be in brawl, 3rd generations are up 2 u.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
[emo speach]Wah wah! There are too many pokemon! Aaagh! Why couldn't they just keep the oiginals? I like them better. It should have stayed at 151! Now there are too many! Wah wah![/emo speach]

As I have said before, we would get bored of them really quickly. Pokemon would be in the same place as "Raising Dad" right now. Remember that show? No? Exactly.

Yellow Mage

Smash Journeyman
Doesn't stop them from pwning Digimon. Which died LONG ago whereas Pokemon is still going, more or less.

pwned142

Smash Cadet
Why is missingno there? What moves would he have? yes it was a great glitch but you're a ****ing moron if you want that waste of space on brawl plus there is no chanec the devlopers will let that in. Also once missingno broke my game... if hes in brawl he'd probably break the wii
Poliwrath>poliwhirl but poliwhril might go in because nintendo has a love affair with unevovled poekmon ie pikachu, pichu and mewtwo.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Deoxys should be in since he is one of the most human looking characters in Pokemon.Also the different forms could be alternate costumes and he would have a sweet moveset.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'd really much rather have Mewtwo stay then having Deoxys.
Deoxys is cool and unique and everything, but Mewtwo is still the coolest one around, and he as a backstory and two anime movies. Plus, I'd really love to see him back, because he used to be my main.

Jiggs is safe btw kill_shot. She was one of the 12 originals and she's very well known, and populair in Japan. Also Jigglypuff and Pikachu appeared in ALL Pokémon games. Well the original 151 all did... But Jiggly and Pikachu where always obtainable in game.

Yellow Mage

Smash Journeyman
It died? Last time I checked, the 5th season of the anime was airing in Japan and a Digimon game was coming for the DS.

But, back on topic. I still want to see Deoxys in the game.

The 5th season of the anime is airing in Japan!?! ZOMG!?!?! :p The Digimon DS won't sell NEARLY as well as Diamond and Pearl, you just watch. BTW, I belive Pokemon is in, like, its 10th season in Japan.

Moral of the story? Pokemon pwn. Especially Digimon. End of story :) . . . .I said end of story you crazy cultists!!! :laugh:

But, back on topic: Deoxys WOULD be very interesting to have. . .I have yet to say any more on the matter. Blaziken ftw overall: he, Jigglypuff, and Pikachu would be enough to make me a happy person: Lucario, Deoxys, and Plusle & Minun would ALL be sweet icing on the cake that celebrates Pokemon ;) .

And to create a sequel to that last story, I wouldn't mind a Digimon or two in Brawl: just to prove Pokemon pwn them would be great satisfaction to me :037: .

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Bah. Your logic phails. Quality>Quantity. Popularity means nothing. I would rather watch one episode of Arested Developement than one hundred episodes of Extreme Makeover: Home Edition.

Edit: Yellowmage: I'm not even going to bother telling you why Digimon is better than Pokemon. If you cant see the obvious, there's no reason in pointing it out to you.

Yellow Mage

Smash Journeyman
Your point? Pokemon has quality AND quantity. Those without evidence should keep thier mouths shut, Mr. Wright.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Moral of the story? Pokemon pwn. Especially Digimon. End of story :)

it doesn't matter because Monster rancher pwns them both, with Digimon in second place, Pokemon in third, Dragon warrior(Quest) Mosnter in 4th, and fnally, Robopon :)

Anyways, Lucrio and Deoxys ftw

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Pokemon and Digimon are both better in their own ways. But, if one was copying the other, Pokemon would be that one; it came out after Digimon.

Pinsir>Blaziken.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Thank you, Zook. Finally, someone realizes that Digimon came out before Pokemon. Also, Monster Ranchers is a good show, better than Pokemon at least. Not that there's anything wrong with Pokemon. It just cant compete with the uber shows.

Erm... I demand Dunsparse be put on the list. My now favorite Pokemon deserves some credit. It could have a headbutt attack that stuns the opponent five seconds when hit. Just headbutt over and over until the opponent cries out of frustration.

Also, Pinsir does indeed >Blaziken.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Thank you, Zook. Finally, someone realizes that Digimon came out before Pokemon. Also, Monster Ranchers is a good show, better than Pokemon at least.
I remember having a keychain Digimon back in 1995! It was like Battle Tamogachi^_^, but the Japanese Monster Rancher anime (titled Monster farm, since that's the Japanese name) is waaaaaaay better than the crappy, edited, kid version we got in the States :mad:

Itm doesn't matter abvout the show, Monster Rancher video game reigns supreme as the mosnter raising simulator games

Oh, and Anything > Blaziken

Yellow Mage

Smash Journeyman
. . .I think we can all agree on one thing:

EVERYTHING, every single Pokemon, Digimon, and even Ranched Monsters are all MUCH greater than Missingno.

kaid

Smash Master
Digimon was an Anime before pokemon, and has generally higher quality writing, but Pokemon was a game first, and has generally better gameplay. (1995 vs 1997, according to Wiki)

Lucario and Renamon for Brawl!

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
Oh, and Anything > Blaziken

I couldnt agree more. What have they done to the fire starters??? Look at torchics forms. Crap. And the new ones (the monkey things)!??!?!!? Terrible. They need to take more time to make better looking pokemon.
And they need to stop making the starter evolutions multitype. I can deal with grass/poison, and charizard was ok, but everything else is pushing it. Both blaziken and the monkey thing are fire/fighting, and both are failures IMO. Maybe if they are going to multitype they should only have one per generation, not all three starters...

Im very prejudice when it comes to pokemon.

icymatt

Smash Lord
I'm still perplexed by Blaziken's popularity when it comes to playable Pokemon in Smash Bros. It just doesn't...stand out.

Yellow Mage

Smash Journeyman
Fighting type. Blaze Kick. Sky Uppercut. Flat-out AWESOMENESS!!! He just FITS, right there with (self-proclaimed) King Dedede!

And, being a fan of Fire-types myself, I think that EVERY SINGLE fire starter pokemon is awesome, but (excluding first generation), I hate to say the truth that all other fire-types are just junk. Take Slugma/Macargo, or Numel/Camerupt.

By the way, Cyndaquil is my favorite starter to date. PURE FIRE TYPES FTW!!!

My favorite pokemon always has been, and always will be, :037: Vulpix. Though I will never say he should be in Brawl or anything: this is NOT a quadraped-suited game -_-; .

icymatt

Smash Lord
There are fighting type Pokemon, and lots that can be considered flat-out awesome by one person or another (Gengar, by Me), but atleast I have a explanation.

Still, I still remain adamant that there's only three Pokemon who really have a good reason to be playable in Brawl.

BTW, I like Vulpix as well. And Magmar.

Yellow Mage

Smash Journeyman
Three? Who's the third? And why only three? I'm thinking five to potentially six myself (matches Mario in Melee, and that's excluding Yoshi and DK).

Pikachu (BIG duh)
Jigglypuff (sort of duh)
Blaziken
Lucario
Plusle & Minun
and maybe Deoxys

Blaziken is a natural Fighting-Type, so moves wouldn't be hard to come up with. Plus, don't forget Fire favorites:

Fire Punch
Blaze Kick
Flamethrower
Fire Spin
Fire Blast
Overheat and
Blast Burn.

I know Blaziken really can't learn half of those moves, but Mewtwo was given a few moves he didn't have. And Up-B could easily be Sky Uppercut.

Lucario, as it turns out, is actually a Steel/Fighting-Type. Though his Fighting heritage makes him easy to program, his Aura/Wave Guiding nature would give him quite a few special abilities (physically apt Mewtwo replacement?).

Plusle & Minun were mase to be as much of a team as Popo and Nana: in fact, they get STRONGER when close to each other! Thier servere aptitude for teamwork (Helping Hand, Charge) is just enough to make them quite unique, and not a feared Pikachu/ICs clone. Plus, who says we can't have more doubles?

Deoxys I'm personally not as hot on, but he WOULD be interesting to play. If Mewtwo would be replaced and not by Lucario, it'll be by Deoxys. Plus his changing of forms/counter/stances would definately add an interesting element to the game. Summarizing Deoxys in one word? Interesting.

My two (hundred) cents in regards to Pokemon and thier natures in regards to Super Smash Brothers.

secretweapon

Smash Apprentice
I voted for Deoxys and Gengar!

U ppl r way 2 into this whole thing though. Why not just make an advanced Pokemon Stadium where you could fight as u do in ssb??? As far as im concerned, keep in pikachu and keep the rest in pokeballs. Sure putting in mewtwo was interesting, but its getting way outta hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom