• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which Pokemon should be in Brawl?

Which Pokemon should make the roster?

• Lucario

Votes: 255 26.3%
  • Blaziken

Votes: 264 27.2%
  • Deoxys

Votes: 191 19.7%
  • Meowth

Votes: 163 16.8%
  • Heracross

Votes: 64 6.6%
  • Dragonite

Votes: 112 11.5%
  • Poliwhirl

Votes: 38 3.9%
  • Sandslash

Votes: 106 10.9%
  • Paras

Votes: 41 4.2%
  • Swampert

Votes: 37 3.8%
  • Buoysel

Votes: 19 2.0%
  • Bulbasaur & evolutions

Votes: 52 5.4%
  • Munchlax

Votes: 45 4.6%
  • Lugia

Votes: 47 4.8%
  • Charizard

Votes: 116 11.9%
  • Sceptile

Votes: 63 6.5%
  • Scyther

Votes: 189 19.5%
  • Sneasel/Weavel

Votes: 57 5.9%
  • Kadabra

Votes: 58 6.0%
  • Gengar

Votes: 111 11.4%
  • Pichu Bros. / Plusle & Minun

Votes: 108 11.1%
  • Hitmonlee / Hitmonchan

Votes: 207 21.3%
  • Eevee & evolutions

Votes: 100 10.3%
  • Grimer

Votes: 40 4.1%
  • Missingno

Votes: 95 9.8%
  • Cubone

Votes: 120 12.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

icymatt

Smash Lord
My three are not counting old characters, they are: Meowth(cartoon connection, could be a fun comical character, has some popularity), Deoxys(new playstyle, represents third generation), and Lucario(interesting possibilities, represents fourth generation).

We already know Pikachu is coming back, and I want Jigglypuff and Mewtwo to come back as well.

cb_marth

Smash Ace
I would love to see the Eevee evolutions. I know thats not going to happen so in realistic I would have to say Deoxys for sure fallowed by maybe Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan or maybe Blaziken? I do not want to see Meowth in this game it would be a terrible character to be put into the game. I could also see Raichu in this ha-ha why not? Pikachu, Pichu and now Riachu could happen?

cb_marth

Smash Ace
I didn't vote, b/c I would vote for Mew. Awsomest ever.
Mew eh? Mew was pretty cool. I doubt you will see him in the game though. You can see how well Mewtwo came out. "Awsomest ever" Oh I don't know about that;) . It is a good pokemon but for this game, I doubt it would be any more better then Mewtwo or Pichu, not dissing them but they arn't the higest tier characters thats for sure. I just see there being more better Pokemon characters other then Mew. Now im sure you were only just saying who you would like as I was up top about Umbreon. Which is cool it's cool to see what others think about certain Pokemon. Oh yeah Umbreon is the Awseomest ever;).

unest_guy

Smash Apprentice
I think there must be ten(10) pokemon characters for brawl my choices are :

LUCARIO-DEOXYS-CHARMELEON-GROVYLE-BLAZIKEN-RAICHU-SIZORE-WORTORTLE-

AZUMARRIL-KEEPING MEWTWO WITH NEW MOVES

Tyson651

Smash Lord
i dunno even half of the pokemon on here, probably except cubone and hitmonlee/chan

Yellow Mage

Smash Journeyman
Pinsir = Pokeball

Gardevior. . .now THAT'S an interesting idea, and actually has potential!

Lucario = I want him in.

Deoxys = Interesting.

Charmeleon = NOT EVEN a Pokeball!

Grovyle = Pokeball? Seems a little too bushy for an actual charactor, really.

Blaziken = I want him in.

Raichu = Puh-lease. . .

Sizore = I think you mean Scizor, who, once again, Pokeball.

Wortortle = Wartortle = NOT EVEN a Pokeball!

Azumaril = Hmm. . .I don't think so. Though with Pichu's imminent removal, Jhoto COULD use rep. . .

Mewtwo = Gone. Unfortunately, I feel he will be removed along with Pichu to make room for more pokemon.

BUT, and there's the big "but," I am NOT Sakurai and could therefore be VERY wrong.

However, I am a Pokemaniac, and (most of the time) know what I'm talking about when it comes to Pokemon.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I don't wanna have more then 4 Pokémon in Brawl.
The 4 I want are Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo and Lucario.
All others should just not be there... Deoxys would make a nice Pokéball Pokémon with all his forms.

Plus the fact that Paras would just be too broken.
He'd Spore the whole area first, then heartstab you... Paras = God Tier.

And unest_guy... Sorry but 10 freaking Pokémon characters? Mario doesn't even has that much, and I don't think the Pokémon franchise deserves 25% of all playable characters... While Donkey Kong Country, StarFox, Mother and F-Zero fans are screaming for just one more character. >_>

Lucario should be the only one who has to be added, with poor Pichu being removed. :(

Yellow Mage

Smash Journeyman
Pokemon, if anything should have a net GAIN. 5 Pokemon: that will make them JUST below equal to Mario.

Take out Mewtwo and Pichu, and put in Lucario, Plusle & Minun, and Blaziken. Maybe somebody from Jhoto, too; I largely think that Jhoto is getting abandoned, though, unfortunately :( .

cb_marth

Smash Ace
Pinsir = Pokeball

Gardevior. . .now THAT'S an interesting idea, and actually has potential!

Lucario = I want him in.

Deoxys = Interesting.

Charmeleon = NOT EVEN a Pokeball!

Grovyle = Pokeball? Seems a little too bushy for an actual charactor, really.

Blaziken = I want him in.

Raichu = Puh-lease. . .

Sizore = I think you mean Scizor, who, once again, Pokeball.

Wortortle = Wartortle = NOT EVEN a Pokeball!

Azumaril = Hmm. . .I don't think so. Though with Pichu's imminent removal, Jhoto COULD use rep. . .

Mewtwo = Gone. Unfortunately, I feel he will be removed along with Pichu to make room for more pokemon.

BUT, and there's the big "but," I am NOT Sakurai and could therefore be VERY wrong.

However, I am a Pokemaniac, and (most of the time) know what I'm talking about when it comes to Pokemon.
I think your on the right track there. I can a lot of what you said be true.

darkpedroso

Smash Rookie
Man...if you're thinking legendary pokémon will appear into game, may you have been complety crazy, that's not really logic. But, who's weasel, Missigno, Buoysel..I have to opine, but I'm not a Pokefan to know that!

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Seriously, they should keep the 4 from SSBM because Pikachu and Jigglypuff were both in the first, Pichu represents Johto and baby pokemon, and Mewtwo represents one of the most well known legendaries with potential to improve. All the other legendaries don't seem like they would make a good representation except maybe Deoxys who could represent Hoenn and still have a lot of originality. However, I don't think Deoxys will replace Mewtwo as a whole character because Mewtwo has more story to him plus other reasons I stated in the "Who should return to Brawl" topic. Lucario best fits representation for Shinou, and with a large fan base, he will probably get in. So in my opinion, those six will be the ones I want in though I don't have the right to decide.

I'm still opposed to starters and their evolutionary chain being in the game. They make great Pokeball Pokemon, but it just would feel unfair if one was in and the others weren't. There should be a Pokemon game with Smash Brothers mechanics if fans really wanted to play as them in that style.

Hyrule2

Smash Apprentice
Where's the Meowth love? HE CAN SPEAK!
He is just like a bad guy pikachu. He's been there since series one, and he can have good moves. And why is Paras on the list? Not offending anyone that likes him, but really, why?

cb_marth

Smash Ace
I think Blaziken is the best choice to be added to the next game. Hes a fighting/fire pokemon that can stand and do a lot of cool attacks. I hope to see him in Brawl!

some random freak

Smash Journeyman
lets face it they are not going to put a random pokemon like sceptile or blaziken in because all the pokemon that are currently(popular) in are from the anime show.

pikachu: ash's partner
jigglypuff: anoying singer that randomly shows up
pichu: if you have played pokemon channel or seen 1 of the movies(can't remember what one)
mewtwo: first movie

i can only see meowth, mew or lucairio getting in

Tyson651

Smash Lord
well, as u kno, for the pokemon that does not make it into the character list, the popular ones could be added into the pokeball item pokemon.

so its not a total cut off, if they dont get chosen for characters.

Kwesi

Smash Rookie
I really like Scyther but I don't see him being in the game. He is not that well known but if he was in Brawl he would have alot of melee moves.

kill_shot

Smash Journeyman
The most important character for brawl= Charmander or Charmeleon or Charizard.
Why???? He saved Ash's life and kept the series going. boom GO CHARIZARD THE ULTIMASTE!

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Why???? He saved Ash's life and kept the series going. boom GO CHARIZARD THE ULTIMASTE!
Charmander single handedly kept the series running? And big deal if he saved Ash's life, tons of Pokemon have done that, somethimes random wild pokemon or other trainer's

The anime has no basis for deciding pokemon, Charmanders only claim is his spot in Mysteryu dungeon

*Thrash*

Smash Cadet
Speaking of Mystery Dungeon, almost all of the hero Pokemon are recognizable enough to be put in Brawl, at least in Pokeballs. The possible heroes were chosen because of popularity and recognizability, with the exception of Skitty, Machop, and maybe Cubone. That said, Meowth's apperance as a hero in Mystery Dungeon makes me optimistic about his appearence in Brawl.

But Sandslash rocks pretty hard as well.

Yellow Mage

Smash Journeyman
. . .I wanna be a Cyndaquil in Mystery Dungeon.

That doesn't involve you picking "Female" on the personality quiz, does it o.0 ?

I certainly hope not. . .

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
You know how many times Bulbasaur did that with his vines? <_<; Seriously that was just not funny. Who cares about something that small in the anime anyway if we're talking about a character spot for Super Smash Bros? You should be REALLY happy if Charizard even returns in the Pokéball item... Since Blaziken and Goukazaru can't just wait to replace him.

Boricua_Bob

Smash Cadet
You know how many times Bulbasaur did that with his vines? <_<; Seriously that was just not funny. Who cares about something that small in the anime anyway if we're talking about a character spot for Super Smash Bros? You should be REALLY happy if Charizard even returns in the Pokéball item... Since Blaziken and Goukazaru can't just wait to replace him.
I think the same thing should be said about Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee, even though they are brawlers themselves. What I'm getting at here is that SSB usually goes for flashy-ness, and Lucario and Blazekin are most likely the ones to deliver. Even though other characters like Captain Falcon, Fox and Falco, Jigglypuff, Ice Climbers, and Roy were all given flashy upgrades for Smash, Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee would - oh screw this, I don't care if they're in a Pokeball or not, they're just not better than Lucario and Blazekin. It's just that Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee ought to be in the sidelines. :lick:

Cain

Smash Cadet
if lugia was in the game it wwould kick *ss and take n*mes. If they have to take a pokemon out i hope it is jigglypuff. I hate jigglypuff.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
........noob
Funny how this thread is full of them...

And people just STOP complaining about that your favorite Pokémon isn't up there.
Look Rhydon isn't up there to. Should I scream "WURZ RYDOHN LOZL??????" now? ;>_>

Drik Khaail

Smash Ace
Any pokemon that was used for a pokeball don't have much a chance... probably one of the more recent pokemon.... Treeko, the only actually cool pokemon from the new part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom