• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which mid-low tier charcter has the most potential?

Rainbow

Smash Apprentice
I think it's possible for low tiers to rise up drastically, and the top 10 or so character might be jostled around a bit, but Yoshi, Ness, DK, G&W, etc aren't ever going to be in S, A, or B tier.

Spyro

Smash Ace
I think it's possible for low tiers to rise up drastically, and the top 10 or so character might be jostled around a bit, but Yoshi, Ness, DK, G&W, etc aren't ever going to be in S, A, or B tier.
I doubt there going to be any really significant changes to the tier list. Pretty much all of the characters potential has been taped. This game is 10 years old after all.

Rainbow

Smash Apprentice
I just meant like F tier to D tier, or G tier to E tier. It wouldn't really make a real difference, but that's still a drastic change that I think would be possible if people stop playing certain mid tier characters and instead focus on low tier characters.

Purpletuce

Smash Lord
I haven't forgotten you V3ctorman, but most people know of you because of your combo video, but don't know of other good Yoshis. I just chose two really good Yoshis off the top of my head. Also, just because the game is old doesn't mean changes won't occur. Quoting Armada (paraphrasing): Expect YL to go up 5 places in the tier list. Or maybe Amada doesn't know what he is talking about. . .

The Star King

Smash Hero
This game is ****ing 10 years old, you still think there is untapped potential we haven't delved into yet?
You think there's no characters that will evolve? lol...

I remember when people said that the metagame was at its peak back in like 2007. What a joke that was.

Max?

Smash Champion
You think there's no characters that will evolve? lol...

I remember when people said that the metagame was at its peak back in like 2007. What a joke that was.
It is different. The scene was way bigger back then. It wasn't as advanced as our's, but it had more players, bigger turnouts with consistently large tournaments, and there was less competition which takes smashers away from the game (LoL, UMvC3, Brawl, etc). Two different scenes.

Frankly, we know where every character stands now. Someone may come out and beast with Yoshi, but it's going to be because of the player and NOT because we discovered some game breaking tricks with him.

With gamecubes dying, melee disks breaking, new Wii's/Nintendo systems lack of Gamecube ports, we're playing a slowly dying beast.

Best game ever tho

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
Its still easy to find melee disks and wii's which have gc ports, we can already burn a disk of melee and i am sure soon we will be able to have rom's of the game. Major tourneys r still near the record numbers. We dont know where everyone stands as of yet b/c of how little the lower tiers get played. Just b/c we r older so life gets in the way of everyone going to locals does not mean melee is dying (yet)

Edit: also the wiiu will most likely have a vc which will have melee on it sooner or later

:phone:

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
My bad, i have nothing powerful enough to run a ps1 let alone a gc emulator atm so i am not very aware of what u would call the games.

:phone:

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
This game is ****ing 10 years old, you still think there is untapped potential we haven't delved into yet?
Frankly, we know where every character stands now. Someone may come out and beast with Yoshi, but it's going to be because of the player and NOT because we discovered some game breaking tricks with him.

With gamecubes dying, melee disks breaking, new Wii's/Nintendo systems lack of Gamecube ports, we're playing a slowly dying beast.
Pessimistic attitudes like these will only ensure the beast dies faster.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100

Best game ever tho
Considering that in recent times Marth has dropped a whole tier and Pikachu has gone up a whole, tier I have to think that you're wrong about this. There is still more to learn.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
if sakurai makes an actual melee sequal, then melee will die

Spyro

Smash Ace
But what is a "proper sequel" and by who's definition? Just because someone may think it's a true sequel does not mean everyone will.

Top Bottom