• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which mid-low tier charcter has the most potential?

Bing

Smash Master
Also, I think Zelda has a lot of potential, but it takes someone with a lot of patience, thinks a lot while they're playing, and can incorporate mindgames into their playstyle to use her effectively.
You know I mess around with Zelda a bit, used her in tournament and to anyone who mains her, good for you, you've got more balls than Sheik but still... hell no.

Ken_Y`

Smash Lord
If you've ever played against abate you will know why i'm saying this. Luigi. He can move to high tier for sure.

Edit: Or Ka-master
gtfo sayin he move to high tier

his recovery is as$ hole..

yeah hes one of the better mid tiers but if n e character has the most potential

its either Doc or Pikachu, hands down

Ken_Y`

Smash Lord
Some would argue that his chance of a guaranteed recovery via misfire gives him a better recovery than say... Ganon.

:phone:
thats is theres a misfire ...

but lets be real lets look at actual RESULTS

shroomed if i recall has placed 5th at genesis 2 and 7th at apex 2012 with Doc

axe has placed 6th at apex 2010 and has beaten awesome players w pika, even peepee

what has a player done w/ luigi ?

Spyro

Smash Ace
thats is theres a misfire ...

but lets be real lets look at actual RESULTS

shroomed if i recall has placed 5th at genesis 2 and 7th at apex 2012 with Doc

axe has placed 6th at apex 2010 and has beaten awesome players w pika, even peepee

what has a player done w/ luigi ?
Axe paced 5th not 6th. He also placed 4th at pound V

EDIT: I just looked it up and shrommed placed 6th but close enough (on both of those).

:phone:

Rainbow

Smash Apprentice
To be fair the title is "potential" and not "results".

However I do think that if Luigi was secretly high tier he'd have some more impressive wins, but it could very easily be that people have been playing him wrong for a long time or Luigi mains just haven't gotten lucky yet.

The problem with D tiers moving up to C tier is all the C tier characters are pretty good, and certaintly no worse than any of the D tiers (some argue Ganon definitely is) . I would like to see maybe just an expanded B tier to accommodate the high-mid tiers and then move Pika and Luigi up to C, but it's still pretty arbitrary that way.

In the end the tier list is just arbitrary. I mean, you have Olimar moving up 6 slots in brawl. A character doesn't actually change when he moves up in the tier list; if Doc and Pika were moved to E tier, Shroomed and Axe would still ****. If you think a character has potential, then his place on the tier list should not matter to you.

Jockmaster

Smash Ace
Luigi just seems like his main strengths just aren't strong enough. Characters like Doc and Pika just seem like high tier characters in terms of strength with just huge weaknesses, as opposed to Luigi who has no glaring weaknesses, just no real gamechanging strengths. I feel that Young Link is the only character that fits in the former category that is currently "low tier".

Also, Ganon *****. Anyone who thinks he is anything less than a **** train should put down the controller and never play smash again.

Eggm

Smash Hero
Luigi's recovery is pretty good if the user is good at mashing down + B. Definitely better than docs. Abate moved to pittsburgh just when he started getting good, and Ka-master to hawaii, but i've played both of them and luigi is a really scary character. I think with the right person (with a high skill level) put some serious time into luigi and lived in a good area, you guys would change your mind about his potential, just like you probably did when axe started ****** with pikachu.

Max?

Smash Champion
As someone who uses Doc and Luigi ALOT, Doc's recovery is better than Luigi's. Luigis recovery is pretty ****ing horrendous if he doesn't get a misfire. I think Luigi has a ton of potential, and Doc is a high tier character and shouldn't be included in this list.

Carry on.

Also

Space Animal bair

Vudujin

Smash Lord
Luigi's recovery is better than Doc's even without a misfire. More mix-up potential, you can actually position yourself with it for a safe return, and it's just plain cooler. Not better by a great degree, but better.

Doc's too damn fat.

Luigi, Ganon, Doc, and Mario for most potential.

Max?

Smash Champion
I'm just mad cause I never ever ever get misfires. PC can attest to this. My ratio is easily like 1/50

D

Deleted member

As someone who uses Doc and Luigi ALOT, Doc's recovery is better than Luigi's. Luigis recovery is pretty ****ing horrendous if he doesn't get a misfire. I think Luigi has a ton of potential, and Doc is a high tier character and shouldn't be included in this list.
I think doc's recovery is better too on the basis that sometimes with different DI you just don't need it. Doc's "survival" DI is closer to straight up than most characters. Doc is rarely killed off the top, so what would be suboptimal DI for him is perfectly acceptable even against the likes of fox. doc can add value to his recovery without the need for mix-ups, something luigi can rarely do.

Max?

Smash Champion
I think doc's recovery is better too on the basis that sometimes with different DI you just don't need it. Doc's "survival" DI is closer to straight up than most characters. Doc is rarely killed off the top, so what would be suboptimal DI for him is perfectly acceptable even against the likes of fox. doc can add value to his recovery without the need for mix-ups, something luigi can rarely do.
Agreed. While Vudujin is clearly way more qualified to talk about Luigi's recovery than myself, I still feel it's absolutely horrendous. Whenever I play against someone who know's the matchup like Sol, I just feel like I die anytime I'm offstage.

Also, Ganon is awful

j00t

Smash Champion
My glaring bias is going to show here.

Game and Watch.

I actually have reasons for this but I'm too tired to post them tonight. I'll let others give potential reasons for this but I have a pretty good explanation saved for this topic. See you tomorrow.

KingofCereal

Smash Journeyman
I agree with Gdubs. He can be so fast. Awesome wavedash, strong aerials (L-cancelling is for ****ies), a good launcher in dtilt, powerful smashes, and more than a touch of randomness just to keep it interesting. If only he didn't have such glaring flaws.

j00t

Smash Champion
I agree with Gdubs. He can be so fast. Awesome wavedash, strong aerials (L-cancelling is for ****ies), a good launcher in dtilt, powerful smashes, and more than a touch of randomness just to keep it interesting. If only he didn't have such glaring flaws.
His glaring flaws are what I am going to elaborate on, mainly his defensive capabilities.

@Doser: lol?

Roche_CL

Smash Journeyman
Doc = Samus > Pika > DK = Luigi

I remember back in the day when Bum went and won against Try Hard Isai, played like a genius. DK's UpB oos is so much ****, but is just so difficult and risky that doesn't make him a good choice. He can juggle many chars, specially Fastfallers, and can get easy kills out of grabs, has a great grab range so its not that hard (compared to ness's D;).
Its just...his sheild, spot dodge, so big and comboable, u_u.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
me and you had the same idea grim. immediately look on youtube

Top Bottom