• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which Controller Would You Use at a Tournament

Which Controller

• Total voters

Senshuu

Smash Journeyman
GCN controller first!
Wiimote + nunchuck second!
Because the wiimote makes things fun, although this might be a little awkward...

Well, that's in general. I dunno if I'd ever join a tournament, but if I did I'd use the GCN controller.

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
Gamecube only because it doesnt require batteries...

but I really like the chuck combo thingymajiger...

-Linko-

Smash Journeyman
Melee: NO ITEMS! FOX ONLY! FINAL DESTINATION!!
or STAMINA MODE! ALL ITEMS! PICHU ONLY! BRINSTAR DEPTHS!!

Brawl: NO ITEMS! META-KNIGHT ONLY! GC-CONTROLLER ONLY! BATTLEFIELD!!
or STAMINA GIANT CURRY MODE! ALL ITEMS! ROB ONLY! WIIMOTE ONLY! NORFAIR!!

Pd: I will be using Chuck Wiimote.

Kubba

Smash Cadet
wiimote and nunchuck here
this is an entirely different game, so breaking free of my melee mindset should by sped up by using a new controller scheme

Sonic XD

Smash Ace
Guys here is a question for people who have not played melee(i have played it though). What controller should you use?

Lid

Smash Apprentice
Gamecube controller of course because its already familiar, but how do the other three feel?

BentoBox

Smash Master
Wireless controllers aren't even allowed at tournaments. What is this D:

Hence why every controller fails by default to the gamecube's.

ScythedBlade

Smash Cadet
I wanted to use a Gamecube controller ... then I realized the problem ...

The L R buttons don't work unless you slam them down

Therefore, I defaulted to using the Classic Controller ... you get two buttons, and now you can remap jumping to maybe like R and shield with like ZL and ZL ... and now short hop C-sticks are much easier ....

Plus, the L R buttons on a gamecube shield much faster ...

higgins

Smash Apprentice
many people are afraid of change there are many people that love the gamecube controllers and want to stay with them but the wii remote and nunchuck are great you dont have to move your fingers as much

Kuroneko

Smash Apprentice
Gamecube controller with modified buttons. Needing to press down the trigger all the way gives me arthritus =D. Going to switch the shield button elsewhere.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Wireless controllers aren't exactly tournament friendly. Especially if you have to since you have to re-sync it every time you switch to a new wii. I think tournaments will only allow the gamecube controller, just to avoid the hassle.

Pengie

Smash Lord
Gamecube controller all the way. I am already familiar with the control scheme so I wouldn't need to change any button assignments.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Wireless controllers aren't exactly tournament friendly. Especially if you have to since you have to re-sync it every time you switch to a new wii. I think tournaments will only allow the gamecube controller, just to avoid the hassle.
Maybe they can use their own? :laugh: but then people might jack the Wiimotes :laugh:

Top Bottom