• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which Controller Would You Use at a Tournament

Which Controller

• Total voters

FreakoFreako

Smash Apprentice
For home, I would use GC or Classic. For Tournaments, I'll use a wiimote so I have something to blame my loss on..

TheKruskinator

Smash Apprentice
To be honest, they all sound kinda neat. I think it's pretty hard to determine which one will be best for me(Or anyone, for that matter) until I've tried them all for a while.

But I'm liking the concept of using the Wiimote on its side, NES style.

Wolfgang457

Smash Journeyman
I'll probably give all the control schemes a shot, but in the end I'll probably stick with the 'cube controller since I like the placement of the analog stick and the fact there are jump buttons, I can't play smash by just hitting up to jump.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I'll use the Gamecube controller. No need to go through a long adjustment phase to get used to the Wii remote. There's a reason Sakurai recommends the GC controlller.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
I'll stick to my game cube contoller and wave bird. I'll try the wiimote+nunchuck combo and classic controller for the heck of it, but unless I like them better, ill stick to gamecube.

Digman

Smash Rookie
I'm kind of suprised anyone even said they would use anything but the gamecube control. I see it as a huge advantage to use a control that is mapped perfectly and that you are already used to using.

Chromepro

Smash Apprentice
I am going to go with the GC controller
although the Wii-Chuck comnbo sounds nice..
Im also planning on getting the CC

vonfinell

Smash Apprentice
I'll most likely stick with my lucky Superpad GC Controller (I call it Masamune because nobody can use it but me. Obscure FFVII reference that even fans might not catch onto, but Sephi was said to be the only one who could wield his sword Masamune)
However, poor Masa's C-Stick is starting wear out so that I randomly DSmash at times. Sometimes this actually helps me, like I'll be thrown off and then suddenly Sheik will start breakdancing and I'll have won.
I've always had the irrational fear that would happen at a tourney and I'd be accused of having a controller mod. I'm seriously considering having someone fix it for me.

But anyway, yeah GCC FTW!

inside

Smash Journeyman
I've had my gamecube controller for a good 4 years, with a busted control stick that lost it's rubber, so it hurts when I play with it for a long time, but my pleasure is pretty much pain, so SHOW ME YOUR MOVES!

d0c926

Smash Journeyman
I will tried the other controller style, but most likely i will used the Gamecube Controller

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
Either Gamecube or Classic. I might switch to classic, because it could be convenient having the buttons so close together...

I couldn't imagine using the Wiimote with chuck. I think it'd feel awkward.

Edit: Haha, post below me is win

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Definitely the Cube controller. Nothing feals more comfortable in my hands than the GCN controller. I HATED playing Smash with the N64 controller.

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
Definitely the Cube controller. Nothing feals more comfortable in my hands than the GCN controller. I HATED playing Smash with the N64 controller.
Haha. I used to get blisters on my thumb from the 64 controller. I'd wrap my thumb up in kleenex or something, tape it up, and then play some more.

That commercial on tv with the kids getting blisters from playing too much 64 couldn't have been more accurate :urg:

RL89

Smash Cadet
Gamecube controller for me, though I'll probably use the classic controller too.

Top Bottom