• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's the luckiest thing that has ever happened in YOUR life?

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Would you consider yourself the luckiest person on Smashboards? Did you win the lottery? Meet a really famous person in real life? Found $20 on the ground one day? Or perhaps nothing significantly lucky has ever happened to you? Some classmates and I were talking about it today and the discussion was fun so I thought it would be even more interesting to discuss here on SB.

Here's my lucky story... Think you can top it? Or you can just go ahead and post.

About 2 years ago my Nindendo DS ended up breaking after the screen got crushed (long story). At the time it really sucked because my parents wouldn't buy me another one and I didn't have money to replace it. So about 2 weeks afterwards some friends and I went to a local movie theater. Our movie wasn't going to start for another hour so we decided to goof off in the arcade. One particular machine caught my eye. The game was called Stacker and the objective was to stack these really fast moving blocks that moved back and forth as high as you can. If you can stack 11 in a row you got a minor prize, and if you're miraculously lucky enough to stack to the final row; the dreaded 15, you won a major prize. I didn't even pay attention to the prizes because the game simply seemed fun, simple, and challenging. So I put my dollar in...

Here's a picture of the Stacker arcade game-

And to make a long 10 minute story of sweating, intensity, and celebration short, I ended up winning on my very first try. I skimmed through the choices of major prizes in disbelief, and guess what was there...? Yup you guessed it! A Nintendo DS! :) And it was purple/black as opposed to my broken white one, so I loved it even more. When I got back home that night I played that thing for about 5 hours straight out of pure euphoria.

tl;dr- I broke my $150 DS Lite and just 2 weeks later I won a brand new one for just $1 thanks to an arcade game at a movie theater.

DISCUSS!

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Yup. It was in a clear plastic bag thing. sitting next to the toilet. I kept it in the bag and in my pocket (I was working) just in case someone mentioned to management about losing a bunch of money. But no one did, so finder's keepers! If it was in a wallet it would have been a different story.

I also found a blackberry in a bathroom stall once, but I decided to leave it there.

Mr.Freeman

Smash Ace
I found 450 bucks in a bathroom stall at a restaurant.
I seriously think you found dirty money (no pun intended).

Maybe dropped out of guilt from a hitman.

I'm not really sure I've ever been really lucky before, but I guess it would have to be when most of my family (including myself, and my dogs) was nearly hit on a highway by some psychotic driver who was speeding.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I once found $20 on the way to school one day. I bought lunch with it.

It was a great day.

Also, great story TRG! :bee:

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I seriously think you found dirty money (no pun intended).

Maybe dropped out of guilt from a hitman.

I'm not really sure I've ever been really lucky before, but I guess it would have to be when most of my family (including myself, and my dogs) was nearly hit on a highway by some psychotic driver who was speeding.
Yeah. Though I'm thinking more "drug deal" than hitman. That'd be a really cheap hit.

July

Smash Apprentice
I won $1000 on a lottery ticket I was given for Christmas :D I was only 15 though so I couldn't turn it in for the money, my mom had to, so we split the money, but that was freaking awesome. Also, I've won a lot of radio competitions, including tickets to see Blink-182 two summers ago.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I was supposed to die but I didn't.

That was pretty lucky, I guess. Although maybe it would've been for the best if I'd just snuffed it when I was a kid lol.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I once found $20 on the way to school one day. I bought lunch with it.

It was a great day.

Also, great story TRG! :bee:
Thanks bud! I have yet to find any sizable amount of money on the ground (at least $5). Just waiting for the day it happens I guess. Haha

I won $1000 on a lottery ticket I was given for Christmas :D I was only 15 though so I couldn't turn it in for the money, my mom had to, so we split the money, but that was freaking awesome. Also, I've won a lot of radio competitions, including tickets to see Blink-182 two summers ago.
$500 from a lottery ticket at the age of 15?? :O

Wow that's incredible.

EDIT: Wait Teran how were you supposed to die?? That's some serious stuff.

KingClubber

Smash Ace
In a dark underground base in the middle of L.A
It's true the worth of lucky found prize is a personal one, because another man trash is someone else treasure

My tale is much like this, and my prize worthless. "To me pure gold"

I remember the first time i played "Legend of Zelda - Link to the past" - I had been waiting to play it for years as a child but i had been punished for something i did, and my snes was taken away, and later lost. My Uncle had the game but never made it very far, i myself had got stuck in the very same dungeon, right when i had figured out how to move "Said Block" out my way, it was time to go home.

Eventually i re-bought another SNES with money to friends disappointment who had N64, or PS1, but i could find the game i wanted "LOZ- LTTP" anywhere stores didn't sell them anymore, and pawnshop didn't have it either.

But one day while walking though an ally i caught sight of a microchip that looked familiar, the reason why because it was SNES game chip remember that my little brother had broken my super mario world cartiges, and the chip fell out. The code for it was SNS-MW-USA-2 in the top right corner, the one i found was M/SNS-ZL-USA-1.

Having no idea what game it was, i pocketed it and went home, once home i cleaned it off best i could, and stuck it into my SNES thinking it wasn't might not even work anymore, to my surprise it did. And when the familiar sounds of the tri-force coming together hit my ear, my eyes went wide in total shock i had found the game.

I had already finished OOT, and had been mystified but, LOZ-LTTP had blown me away, and it's still why it's my favorite of all Zelda game of all time now 13 years later.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
It's true the worth of lucky found prize is a personal one, because another man trash is someone else treasure

My tale is much like this, and my prize worthless. "To me pure gold"

I remember the first time i played "Legend of Zelda - Link to the past" - I had been waiting to play it for years as a child but i had been punished for something i did, and my snes was taken away, and later lost. My Uncle had the game but never made it very far, i myself had got stuck in the very same dungeon, right when i had figured out how to move "Said Block" out my way, it was time to go home.

Eventually i re-bought another SNES with money to friends disappointment who had N64, or PS1, but i could find the game i wanted "LOZ- LTTP" anywhere stores didn't sell them anymore, and pawnshop didn't have it either.

But one day while walking though an ally i caught sight of a microchip that looked familiar, the reason why because it was SNES game chip remember that my little brother had broken my super mario world cartiges, and the chip fell out. The code for it was SNS-MW-USA-2 in the top right corner, the one i found was M/SNS-ZL-USA-1.

Having no idea what game it was, i pocketed it and went home, once home i cleaned it off best i could, and stuck it into my SNES thinking it wasn't might not even work anymore, to my surprise it did. And when the familiar sounds of the tri-force coming together hit my ear, my eyes went wide in total shock i had found the game.

I had already finished OOT, and had been mystified but, LOZ-LTTP had blown me away, and it's still why it's my favorite of all Zelda game of all time now 13 years later.
Aww, this story is awesome! What are the odds!?

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Mmmm, lemme see.

I guess finding a NES with a bucketfull of games for 10 dollars at a local garage sale literally right after mine had broke was pretty fortunate. Especially, since that was all I had for entertainment as a kid. It still works, too, which is strange seeing as it has actually outlived my Nintendo 64 which has recently "passed away"...

I guess you could count saving myself 1100 dollars lucky as well. Carelessly spilling water all over my laptop causing it to *poof* into power-off mode. Amazingly enough, a simple paper-towel drying of the battery saved it, still works just as well as before too without having to repair any potentially damaged compartments. Plus, it probably saved my life as well, seeing as I would have been annihilated by my dad if it broke. :)

As for money, really the most I have ever found on the ground or in a random location is maybe a 5 dollar bill, I am not lucky enough to stumble across big money :urg:

Mr.Freeman

Smash Ace
I wish I had better random luck.

Why can't some guy just drive up to me in a Porsche and ask "Hey man, you want this car?" and toss me the keys.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
I once won the grand prize in a raffle that gave me and my family a free 4-night, 3-day stay at a 5-star hotel. It was awesome. =D

And you know what the best part it? The winning ticket was in the second roll I pestered my parents to buy. They thought that only one roll of tickets was enough (which consisted of about a dozen or so tickets), but I just had a feeling.

:069:

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I guess I could mention how I was lucky enough to have my lost wallet returned, or perhaps even finding a hundred dollar bill once on the ground...but the luckiest thing for me would be when I dislocated/fractured my left pinky. Our family doesn't have health insurance, and the doctors were initially unsure if the fracture was in a spot where I may have to go under the knife. Thankfully, after seeing an expert, no surgery was required. Our bill could have easily jumped up from 500 to 3000.

Blargy

Smash Journeyman
Beating my brother at black jack when he was counting cards.....oh the joys I had when I won.

Or just having insane luck in games.....A 2% chance in a game is like a 80% chance for me :D

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I'm never lucky

The only times I have ever been lucky in my life is when I get a Wunder weapon in the Mystery Box in Nazi Zombies, and even then, for like 10 tries afterwards all I get are Druganovs and LAWs

-Ran

Smash Master
A few years ago, I was driving home from a friend's house at about ten at night [he lived about twenty minutes away from me, interstate included]. Now usually, I'd have been home doing nothing for a few days, so I decided to go visit him. I heard a clatter, and a clank, so I immediately tried to stop my car. Evidently, my brakes fell off my car, leaving me only the capacity to utilize the handbrake to slowly depreciate my speed. My father was out of country, and I didn't have any money on me, so I drove home without incident. That isn't the lucky part, the next day, I had the calipers, brake pads, and brake discs replaced on my car. I was in an accident a few days later on the interstate due to an idiot in front of me slamming on his breaks. Car was totaled, and the only thing that saved me was fresh brakes.

RATED

Smash Lord
I found 50 bucks in the floor a day before going to a tourney ( which I wasnt going cuz I had no money).

and I found a NDS lite ( I still own it and play it) in the mall.

Smash Master
I've never won a game of chance or found unexpected wealth, but I know someone exists who genuinely cares about what I have to say and who wants me to be happy. Not everyone can say the same. I think that matters more than finding $60 in an ATM, and I would do well to remember that more often.

Top Bottom