• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's the last character you would ever want to main?

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
ok I have changed my mind: :ganondorf: he is so slow and he can't jump worth a darn I mean sometime try to jump up so the low platform in battlefield without using your recovery. yea it is that bad.
this is strange... he is now my second main... oh well better put in my new least favorite (this will most likely change but who cares about the future)
:jigglypuff:She imo should be way below :ganondorf: (yes the worst in the game) she is floaty, low powered, low ranged, and slow. What else can you ask for?
:pit::surprised: Spam spam spam spam spa-a-am spam spam spam spam spa-am :surprised: thank you thank you very much

ENCOREY

Smash Cadet
:metaknight: because I'm not a fan of playing characters because of their advantages. I like playing characters that I fell in love with playing their respective games.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
Toon Link.

Because he's not staying. :troll:

Truthfully, I can't handle playing Pit for long.

:pit::surprised: Spam spam spam spam spa-a-am spam spam spam spam spa-am :surprised: thank you thank you very much
He's a very vocal and loud. He's worse than Shouryu from Flying Dragon (N64.) The annoying, repetitive sounds his moveset makes seem intentional, like an amoral torture strategy.

Ness 682

Smash Apprentice
:metaknight:: I just don't like him. I've played him and I just don't like how he controls. Plus, since about 50% matches involve MK vs. MK, the same matches against a mirrored character would be mind-numbing for me to even deal with!

:popo:: Characters like this aren't bad because they have infinite grabs, but it's because of the fact that their grab is the only move that people look at in this character, what about combo potential with this character? Anyone? NOPE! Just grab grab grab and some pressuring is all that someone needs to learn about them. It feels like this character could have a lot of potential if someone looks deeper into this character if they tried. Even MK has been looked into more since he actually has teching and strategy in his movesets. Making errors is human, and this game enforces it with tripping, and if someone trips, its game over for you.....

Also, just making one read = 1 kill (assuming you get the full sequence of the infinite grab), it just wouldn't feel that rewarding, since for every other characters, you HAVE to make multiple reads just to get damage in. I find that I wouldn't enjoy them in terms of easiness of killing, and also their requirement of teching.

:olimar:: Hate his dependability with Pikmin, his pivot grab range, and THAT WHISTLE! :(

nat pagle

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0834-1759-2409
t it's because of the fact that their grab is the only move that people look at in this character, what about combo potential with this character? Anyone? NOPE! Just grab grab grab and some pressuring is all that someone needs to learn about them. It feels like this character could have a lot of potential if someone looks deeper into this character if they tried. Even MK has been looked into more since he actually has teching and strategy in his movesets. Making errors is human, and this game enforces it with tripping, and if someone trips, its game over for you.....

Also:(, just making one read = 1 kill (assuming you get the full sequence of the infinite grab), it just wouldn't feel that rewarding, since for every other characters, you HAVE to make multiple reads just to get damage in. I find that I wouldn't enjoy them in terms of easiness of killing, and also their requirement of teching.

To be fair, the infinite chain grabs are the reason IC's are high tier. Delving "deeper" into them isn't necessary as it won't field results better than a guaranteed stock if we're going to avoid infinites. You just can't get any further than a guaranteed kill, and the strategy is going to be almost completely around getting the grab.

It'd be like trying to develop a chain grab for MK to make his character "deeper", it just doesn't fit him. And the whole "one grab, one kill" deal has been here ever since Wobbling was conceived...and Brawl pretty much gave IC's more of it. But one read one kill isn't a bad thing. There's no reason multiple reads are somehow more rewarding than being able to get a guaranteed chaingrab.

Spaceman

twitch.tv/spacemanstream
NNID
youlosttotoadgg
3DS FC
3497-1911-1309
:metaknight: Because I'd hate to be "that guy that uses Meta Knight". That and I can't control him that well, I can't seem to move around the stage that well with him without messing up a good chain, as I've seen some other players pull off with ease.

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
Probably Bowser. I know he's supposed to be all big and bad like Ganondorf but he just looks and handles like a big doofus.

Edit: Also Lucas, because I can't stand his death noises (or any of his noises for that matter). He sounds worse than Scooby-Kong.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
:pt: - As much as I like to main them, I can't bring myself to master all 3 at the same time.
:yoshi2: - Can never figure out how to be really great at using him, it's a shame I really like Yoshi as I use him all the time in Mario Kart
:sonic: - Never liked using Sonic, personally.

BoomToon

Smash Apprentice
I would have to say Rob. I always found him to play very awkward, but I know there are people out there that are great with him. I just can't do it.

Tree Cat

Smash Cadet
R.O.B.because he feels clunky and his look is horrible
TL because he's from wind waker (the worst game of all time)

juicysmash

Smash Rookie
Pikmin in almost every situation. I hate how he can't attack on his own and uses little creatures to do his work for him. Plus that bubble over his head annoys me.

And probably
R.O.B. simply because I feel like there's no possible way to use him without feeling like I'm from the movie Short Circuit.

Madolche ♦ Procione

Smash Apprentice
:falco: < this abhorrent thing.
Too many reasons why I despise this character, so tl;dr: nope.
Apologies in advance to anyone who likes the character.

TheGoldMan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheGoldMan
3DS FC
1950-8066-7015
Jigglypuff, because she dies when her shield is held too long, and she flys off the stage easily.

AbidingTruth

Smash Rookie
While I have quite the displeasure for :ganondorf: (dat midair jump doe) I think :sonic: takes the cake. As others have said, he is just too fast. I can handle fast, I like playing Falcon and I'm trying to pick up Fox in Melee, but for whatever reason, Sonic in Brawl moves so fast I don't even know what to do except dash attack. I hate his low knockback fair and his dair is just disgusting. His lack of KO moves greatly upsets me when I play him and I just dash attack back and forth like an idiot.

Although all the :dedede: hate makes me value him as my secondary that much more.

Motobug

Project M/+ community leader
You people are all too slow, :sonic: is amazing.

Personally, I'd say :olimar:, just because I"m not interested in the Pikmin gimmick.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Pretty much anybody who's slow and heavy and can't recover easily.

Gotta say, the Pit hate feels unjustified. Toon Links spam more then I do, and that's saying something... Us Pit players get no respect...

FlynnCL

Smash Journeyman
:popo: It's a bit stressful managing them both.

:sonic: Fast, which I like, but his moveset is hard to work with. Sonic is possibly the most awkward character I've played in Brawl.

:pt: Charizard and Squirtle are actually fun to play, but the stamina gimmick ruins my enjoyment.

:bowser2: I feel like I have to compromise a huge part of my playstyle to pick up Bowser effectively. He isn't bad at all; he's just not my type.

Last edited:

MT Williams

Smash Cadet
NNID
MTW829
3DS FC
2423-4493-5543
Dedede. Way too big and slow for me and I could never figure out his recovery.
Ganondorf would probably be second.

Shaymin slicker

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shadowshaymin
3DS FC
1547-5202-1903
Ganondorf. His attacks are just too sluggish for me and his smashes aren't quick enough for me.

Top Bottom