• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's the last character you would ever want to main?

Jecux

Smash Cadet
Olimar. I just hate his design and this is why he is the only character in the game I refuse to play with.

Booster

Smash Lord
Ganondorf. He is easily the worst character in the game, worst fighting game character ever and overall just suck balls in Brawl.

SwordDance

Smash Cadet
either :snake:, :ganondorf: or :wario:. Snake because I don't like his moveset and hate how he doesn't have a good down smash attack, Ganondorf because he's too slow for me and Wario because, again, I don't like his moveset and I can't get the right pace using him. Another character would be :zelda: as she isn't a hard hitter and, same as Wario, can't get into the right pace with her

Wavestorm

Smash Rookie
Zelda. I really can't get a good grip on how to use her. So floaty and just meh overall. Imo her best move is her down-b.

LEGOfan12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LEGOfan12
3DS FC
3007-8664-3561
My choice is actually :pt:; as much as I love the Pokemon universe, I can't find it worth my time to try to master 3 characters, and his placement on the tier list really doesn't help his case out either.

Honorable mention goes to :jigglypuff:: it takes tremendous amounts of effort to kill with her, yet it only takes a slight breeze to send her off-screen. Plus those squeaking noises. >_>
Ganondorf.

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
I don't think I hate any character enough to never want to main them. You know what, I'm going to go pick one of the characters at random and that character will be my new main now--

*gets pokemon trainer*

Baby_Sneak

Smash Champion
NNID
sneak_diss
easily the
. so slow, terrible recovery, unsafe at all times, useless piece of crap that should ad been treated better by sakurai.

Last edited:

Stompu

Smash Apprentice
Zelda. I really can't get a good grip on how to use her. So floaty and just meh overall. Imo her best move is her down-b.
rough haha

Probably Pokemon Trainer, Ganon or Samus

Dunno why everyone hates on Sonic, he's got some awesome moves/combos and amazing recovery

Metallaeus

Smash Apprentice
Snake. I get that he's good and has a lot of gimmicky stuff that makes him a great hardcore zoner, but when I play Snake, I feel like I'm just a heavy load of **** with explosives. Probably something I don't understand about stage control. Or using his mines/grenades/claymores(?) correctly.

Stompu

Smash Apprentice
Snake. I get that he's good and has a lot of gimmicky stuff that makes him a great hardcore zoner, but when I play Snake, I feel like I'm just a heavy load of **** with explosives. Probably something I don't understand about stage control. Or using his mines/grenades/claymores(?) correctly.
Agree, the only reason I'd play snake is for that infinite recovery with the down b down b up b haha, that's pretty awesome

Taco Emperor

Smash Rookie
the last charcter I would main would be ganon. too slow, drops like a rock with no recovery, just a nasty character...
Ganondorf is actually my secondary, mostly because I'll play him against bad people and laugh hysterically as I kill them with the dumbest crap ever(UTilt FTW!). Also, his recovery isn't that bad. His DI is okay just because he's so heavy, and since if you do it right you DI into the upper corner, Ganoncovery is actually not that bad.

Okay, now that that's out of the way, the character I would never want to main is MK. This is mostly because I don't like the idea of adding another Meta Knight main to any tournament roster.

Last edited:

zero sum

Smash Apprentice
captain falcon because i hate him as a character so i wouldn't play him on principle or bowser because i just can't play him. it just doesn't happen. i got two-stocked by a friend who i usually three-stock with my two mains while playing bowser. it's that bad

skwaag5233

Smash Cadet
ICs because **** ICs.

Second would probably either go to Wario because I just can't stand him for some reason or Pokemon Trainer because you get forced off your character everytime you die forcing you to either pick up the other 2 pokemon or just spamming down b and praying not to get punished for it.

SmashTwitcherii

Smash Rookie
NNID
OcarinaHero
Snake. Not good with him at all. Then Wario. I would choose Olimar and Ice Climbers together.

SirSplash

Smash Rookie
i'm surprised not a lot of people have said bowser... he's too damn slow, 80% of his attacks are tough to land, he has an inexplicably ball sack recovery, his specials are mediocre, and the worst of all... HE'S THE BIGGEST TARGET IN THE GAME WHICH MEANS EVERYTHING HITS YOU.

WT!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WT_Smash
3DS FC
4597-0015-7814
Switch FC
SW-3650-7945-8401
Zelda or one of the Mother characters

BriefCasey795

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AwesomeCasey
3DS FC
4382-2575-1384
Bowser. He's at a disadvantage against A LOT OF FIGHTERS.
Same with Ganondorf.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
ICs
Olimar
Diddy
Pikachu
ZSS
Lucario
D3
Toon Link
Wolf
GnW
Pit
ROB
Peach
Kirby
DK
Sheik
Zelda
Ness
Yoshi
Luigi
PT
Lucas
Mario
Samus
Bowser
Jigglypuff

Yeah.

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
Olimar. Good gosh, I'm so danged awful with him. I always end up losing his stupid Pikmin and dying. Even other characters that I don't usually main I perform decently with, but I'm just terribad with Olimar lol.

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
Olimar, i hate using him and am just terrible with him. :\ And maybe Ganon, if only cause he's too slow. At least Bowser is still faster than him, and pretty strong regardless.

Code Bread

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1736-1424-9042
Probably Jigglypuff. At least with other characters I can get kills off. But I don't even know what to do with Jigglypuff except rollout and puffing around.

leekslap

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2294-4978-8399
Samus. Without her wavedash back and missile cancel shenanigans, I have no idea how to play her. Snake too. Too much to keep track of when I just want to spam falcon punch lol. Speaking of Falcon, he's terrible. The hard knee hitbox is so tiny, it's impossible to hit and the anti combo engine hit him hard. I can pretty much figure out any character by playing them long enough. I figured out Peach's float just by watching Armada. I'll probably figure out Greninja when I get my hands on him.

NimbusSpark

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NimbusSpark
In honest opinion, the characters I would not main are:
:jigglypuff:: Overall doesn't fit my playstyle, not to mention Jiggs isn't really that appealing to me, despite that air speed. So... no.
:yoshi2:: Once again, the same as Jiggs. Yoshi is just overall hard to control, so... yeah. As much I do like a character with a decent air game, Yoshi is just... gimmicky.
:metaknight:: Overpowered. Need I say more?

D

Deleted member

Olimar and ROB are my least favourite characters in all of Smash history.

SammyStorm

Smash Rookie
Jigglypuff is a character I can't because of how slow she is on land and is so easy to KO and the rest is not as good as it was in melee.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Sonic. He's obnoxious to play against because your opponent has so much trouble hitting you. Playing with him is even worse, since all of your matches drag on forever because to can't get a KO to save your life (literally). Sonic's character is cocky, conceited, arrogant, and annoying. All these traits completely take the fun out of Smash for me.

Last edited:

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
Anybody other than Bowser. I remember when I played Brawl casually I mained Zelda. No idea how I lived with myself not playing with the King of the Koopas.

MysticSkarps

Smash Cadet
Ganondorf. This game is slower compared to melee, and I can't use even characters like that. The slowest character I can possibly use in melee is mewtwo, so yeah.

Top Bottom