• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's the last character you would ever want to main?

D

Deleted member 189823

Fox is actually pretty strong and has a good recovery.

TreK

Is "that guy"
Aside from low tiers, Olimar.
I like it best when I have more than 4 useful moves :°

Pheta Ray

Smash Ace
The last character I'd main would be :metaknight: or :sonic:. Just to be honest, their movements are too abnormal for my palette to handle adequately. They move just too fast and MK's moveset is too fast for my slow old hands to handle.

I guess that's why I main :ike:.

Babatunde

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BABS!
3DS FC
2938-7558-8507
Mine's would be Jigs, sure she may still have her WOP but I just can't bear that nerfed rest XD.
Tough i might change my mind if anyone can provide a link displaying actually using her rest effectively dispite the nerf.

Ookami Hajime

Smash Ace
:sonic:
In all honesty, I just don't like him. His moveset is awkward, I dislike the character, and he doesn't have any guaranteed set ups. Not to mention he has no projectiles nor range on his physical attacks.

Roy Renard

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5000-2716-4113
I actually like to use Random in friendly matches, but I just can't stand when I get certain characters...
1.- Sonic: He's so frustrating to use, poor killing capabilities; utterly useless. All of his B moves are basically the same... and if I'm wrong I don't even want to know why. I'm just that apathetic toward him.
2.- Captain Falcon: Sure, he's got the knee and Falcon Punch, but I find him useless unless I start playing like a noob and spam all of his B moves and or try to land a FP during 4-plaer Free-for-alls for lulz. Aside from that his not appealing at the very least.
3.- Samus: God, such bad aerials, so slow, so boring. Whenever Random designates her, I can't help but just spam missiles and wait for people to kill me.
4.- Yoshi: His only cool/useful moves I have found via empirism are his up-air and down-air. After that, I can only wait for an early death, because I can't find any fun on playing as him.

Toon Link 99

Smash Cadet
Ganondorf. Not only because he's in the botton tier. He's slow, lacks a projectile, have laggy moves and they are not that good. It's not hard to crush him even when using Link.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Interesting to see the Ness/Lucas ones in here.

I loved Moderate Skill's comment early on about MK's Dsmash btw. :D

Anyway, DDD got better in my books, now he's at about the same level as fox. Which is a lot better. :D

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
:sonic: He sounds annoying, he plays annoying, and he's just plain out awkward.

:olimar: I don't like how dependant he is on his Pikmins, and how indirect his way of attacking is.

:peach: Another one of those characters which are just awkward to play.

:gw: Honestly the most boring character to play imo.

:wolf: I have no idea how to recover with this guy, he's way too easy to gimp, and overall he just feels too limited.

:popo: It isn't fun to be chain-grabbed, and it isn't fun to chain grab. I don't care how good the character is if it isn't fun to play.

Maple Hood

Smash Rookie
Definitely :lucario:, he's just way too floaty and I can't really use his whole "Aura Property" well at all. I also get pretty irritated that his attacks do so little at the beginning of the match the few times I've played as him. Though props to anyone who is good with him, I know he's great I just can't use him at all.

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
man oh man never in my life will I main :lucas: just no all of his B moves suck :p but second is :falco: the most stupidist character of all of narnia

Snailtopus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JoeySnail
There are a few characters that come to mind...

Sonic - Too fast, and I hate that whirling noise he constantly makes.

Samus - Floaty. Difficult to land kills with. No thanks.

Ganon - Slow, laggy, and though he's strong, I really just don't like powerhouse characters

Desu~

Smash Ace
NNID
Mr. G-E
Switch FC
2211-2137-8924
The best character i'll ever main would be Metaknight because he's really ****ing good!

Oh im sorry, was this thread about the last character you would ever play?
MY BAD.

zurus222

Smash Rookie
rob i always forget that he is a playable character in brawl i never actually pick him. and i play brawl almost every day online.

TigerBizNiz

Smash Apprentice
This guy ---------->:olimar:

I don't care how good he is in tournaments, I ******* hate him. I hate him. I hate him. I HATE HIM! :mad:

Sar

Smash Journeyman
:sonic:: this guy is just too hard to handle. And i don't have the time to learn how to use down-B which seems to be a crucial part of playing him.
:olimar:: Olimar is for squares. This has been scientifically proven.
:metaknight:: playing MK seems like the biggest no-balls move ever. You're like the little 8-year-old kid that roots for the Yankees just because they have the most wins.

I'm also really interested in why there's so much ROB hate?

OTG Paladin

Smash Rookie
:diddy:- This character can burn in hell!

:jigglypuff:- Why is she in the game again?

:metaknight:- Get no satisfaction from playing him.

:wolf:- Boring as ****.

:sheik:- Same reason as :wolf:.

Why so much :samus2: hate??

Silvalfo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Silvalfo
:olimar:, :popo:, :marth:
They all lack manliness.
I'd say :metaknight:, but I love playing MK dittos, ironically.

MoonlapseOpethian

Smash Journeyman
:dedede: Too big and slow, and this is coming from a Ganon main.
:sonic: Too fast, lacks KO potential.
:warioc: Such a pain to control properly.. I feel like his side smash is impossible to use... I like his Nair though.
:olimar: Too dependent on Pikmin to survive. Tether only recoveries are hit and miss.
:rob:Boring to fight, boring to play as.
:toonlink: Only because I use Link and am too used to heavier, slower characters. I end up "overshooting" my target when I use him.
:falconmelee: Being a Ganon main has made this dude almost impossible to use...
:yoshi2: Do I really need to say more?
:jigglypuff: Jiggs should be lower than Ganon. I don't do well with floaty characters.
:samus2:Slow, floaty, heavy, but not heavy enough, very low KO potential.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
Ice Climbers.
I suck at the chain grabbing and if one of them dies, your recovery is just awful. Also, aside from the chain grabs, there aren't really useful moves for them IMO.

Lime_O

All Aboard the Hype Train
NNID
Lime
I'd have to say Pokemon Trainer and Olimar. PT because that's 3 characters to think about match-ups, and Olimar because I don't like how he needs his Pikmin for all of his smashes, grabs, and most of his aerials. But really I don't want to worry about which color would be the best for each situation.

Also, I don't like Lucario that much because of his Aura mechanic. Without a lot of percent, his attacks do barely anything. But, his aerials are great and with high percent he is very powerful, so he's not as bad as PT and Olimar for me.

*Risen*

Smash Cadet
Dedede.

I can now hit the random button when I play with my friends locally and still pull off a solid match with any character I receive. But if Dedede takes my place on the stage, I instantly begin cursing. I mean, a one in thirty-five chance for this guy and I get him almost every single time. I hate playing Dedede simply because he's just...slow, large hitbox, easy to juggle, and I hate his minions. The only decent minions in existence are from "Despicable Me". I'd never main this guy.

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
ok I have changed my mind: :ganondorf: he is so slow and he can't jump worth a darn I mean sometime try to jump up so the low platform in battlefield without using your recovery. yea it is that bad.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
Okay, first off. So much hate on Sonic lol. The only reason I ever mained him was because I am obsessed with Sonic games, but all I had to get used to was his speed.
But, I change my mind on :popo:. I mean, when you grab one, the other one can attack to get you out. My worst one would be :metaknight:. Although he is a god, using him as your main seems to give you a bad name, and it doesn't feel fun to win when I use a character like him. Also, I want to master a character that is at least a little challenging to use.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
man oh man never in my life will I main :lucas: just no all his B moves suck :p
lol wut

No offense,but you don't know nothing about Lucas,his B moves are really useful.

I would never main Olimar,he doesn't really fits my playstyle.
Same goes to R.O.B.

nat pagle

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0834-1759-2409
Meta Knight, Jigglypuff, and Snake.

MK has the stigma associated with it, I've hated puff since N64, and Snake has too much grenade and explosives focus for me.

Strawhat09

Smash Journeyman
falcon and ganondorf...idk brawl was already poorly designed game(it's fact, not opinion) but these characters are just flawed...Falcon gets outprioritized by everything..and ganon is so slow, it's awkward...

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
:metaknight: Anyone who mains Meta Knight is a chump in my book. It takes absolutely no skill to use him.
:pit: Another annoying spam character. I feel like he's probably a cool character in his games, but I just hate him in Brawl.
:diddy: Such a bland and dumb character in my opinion. And people want Dixie Kong too? Oh please no.... :facepalm:
:pt: Never liked this guy either. All his Pokemon are boring, and he ruins the character-switching ability that made Zelda/Sheik cool.
:jigglypuff:...I'll just let this one speak for itself.
:yoshi2: I've never found Yoshi a fun character to play as. He's just so meh.
:dedede: I honestly forget DDD is there sometimes...

Top Bottom