• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's the last character you would ever want to main?

RaveRemix

Smash Journeyman
My choice is actually :pt:; as much as I love the Pokemon universe, I can't find it worth my time to try to master 3 characters, and his placement on the tier list really doesn't help his case out either.

Honorable mention goes to :jigglypuff:: it takes tremendous amounts of effort to kill with her, yet it only takes a slight breeze to send her off-screen. Plus those squeaking noises. >_>

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
Rave Remix you only need to master one pokemon and be could enough to take a stock with the other 2.

I would say Yoshi. So many gimmicks to make that character work.

RaveRemix

Smash Journeyman
Since you're from the same region as Reflex I may have to take your word for it. I always assumed that mastering at least 2 Pokemon was critical due to the stamina system.

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
Sonic
I dont like him at all. I don't know how to play against him, and I don't know how to use him at all. And I don't want another character that can't kill well, I already use mk and rob.

SnowCold

Smash Apprentice
the last charcter I would main would be ganon. too slow, drops like a rock with no recovery, just a nasty character...

btw to the leading post, jigglypuff is awesome! I love using puff and I really don't think she's the 3rd worst character, I think people just don't know how to play as her properly. I think the squeaky noises are cute, and her kill power isn't that bad. just fair off stage, dacus a landing, dash attack a landing, or mindgame into a rollout. besides, with proper spacing she racks up damage pretty well. also gimps really well too.

Biz_R_0

Smash Ace
My choice is actually :pt:; as much as I love the Pokemon universe, I can't find it worth my time to try to master 3 characters, and his placement on the tier list really doesn't help his case out either.
I used to think this way, but then I discovered how awesome Charizard was and that Squirtle is actually not that different from Wario. Ivysaur is still an obstacle.

Anyway, Link. Literally useless, anything he can do Toon can do better.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I'd say Pokemon Trainer, simply because my Charizard is horrible, and I hate using Squirtle. PT is the only character in the game I've never attempted to get good with.

:059:

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
Aside from characters in the low tier (except for Lucas who I enjoy using lol), I'd want to avoid maining Sonic. I can't use him for my life lol
Also I fail with heavies/fast fallers so no Spacies, D3, DK, etc. for me either xD

But I will NEVER drop my Ness, Kirby, Peach or Lucas. :bee:

Grizzlpaw

Rawr~ ♪
3DS FC
1289-9519-4206
Since you're from the same region as Reflex I may have to take your word for it. I always assumed that mastering at least 2 Pokemon was critical due to the stamina system.

You need to master all three if you hope to be effective with the character.
Squirtle probably has the most hope out of the three of standing alone, but you'll still lose to the likes of :ike: :dk2: :marth: and the occasional :bowser2:

Ivysaur is, in no way, a stand alone character. her easy juggle-ability, poor recovery, and sub-par matchups make sure of that.
However, she does do a good job of covering some of squirtle's worser matchups. Namely Ike, DK, and Bowser.

Same for Charizard. He's good in some ways, but when you're countered by :olimar: :popo: :toonlink: ect...

You see where I'm going with this.

:006:

You can attempt to master only two.
But if you leave out Ivy, you'll be down one of your best K.O. grabbers out of a switch. Furthermore, you'll have to switch twice to bring back charizard should he die in one of squirtle's lesser matchups.

You can try to drop Charizard, except you'll lose badly to :marth:

:003:

There are other problems, but I'll stop here.
Atempt to master only 1 or 2 at your own peril.

Grizzlpaw

Rawr~ ♪
3DS FC
1289-9519-4206
Oh, I should probably try to answer the topic since I'm here lol.

Hmm...

The three character's I'd never try to main are :ganondorf: :zelda: and :rob:

Capain Puff

Smash Cadet
Ness, I have trouble with aiming his PK Thunder in the right direction when I'm trying to recover and I can't finish with him.

:phone:

Grimmz

Smash Journeyman
:sonicbrawl: - Because he has the hardest time landing a KO move, as all of his KO moves are unreliable, he has no guaranteed setups to them, and he lacks an early KO move.

and

:nessbrawl: - I just find him to be very difficult to master, I can't explain everything else really :I

FredFuchs

Smash Apprentice
ics. not because their bad, but because i've heard people say that you always have to practice their chain grab or it will get rusty, and ics game is pretty much revolved around setting up for the chain grab and of course chain throwing your opponent up to kill %

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
:sonic: is so fun to use. I don't know where all these haters came from O_O.

The LAST character I would want to main would definitely be :peach:.

:018:

Top Bottom