• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's the dumbest thing you've ever heard someone say about Smash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

James Sparrow

Smash Master
While running a pool at HJ4 a local comes up to me and asks "Is it legal to hang on the edge while the other person is recovering so he can't grab on?"

DARKMIKE

Smash Apprentice
"yeah i know how to wavedash, i practed it for two years" shortly followed by"WHAT, YOU GRAB PEOPLE AFTER THEY HIT YOU!"
"why cant i do anything? i bet if you stop attacking i would win"
"peach is the best character, she is too cute with her yellow hair".
"pichu does damage to itself, how cool is that?"

A Diamond For Disease

Smash Journeyman
My friend Jon was playing a kid and he super wavedashed off the side of the level, while his opponent was hanging on the edge, and shot him with Samus' big blast, and the kid said "Yes but can that be done in a game?"

TombStone

Smash Journeyman
Not really stupid in the sense that most of these quotes are, but...

I was playing my friend's fox with my peach, attempting to float into a bair while he was recovering. I was a bit late, and his B-Up actually killed me. At that point, he turned to look at me and said:

"You just got owned by the 2nd most popular Web Browser."

DynamicDuo

Smash Lord
After someone got four stock the loser look at his opponent and said "u look like my moms left testicle!"

XDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXD I couldn't stop laughing :laugh:.

Kearnsy

Smash Rookie
"OK just doge everything that makes the game fun!"

"F***! edge guarding with needles is cheap! I cant do anything!"

Aesir

Smash Master
Not really stupid in the sense that most of these quotes are, but...

I was playing my friend's fox with my peach, attempting to float into a bair while he was recovering. I was a bit late, and his B-Up actually killed me. At that point, he turned to look at me and said:

"You just got owned by the 2nd most popular Web Browser."
actually thats kinda funny.

Sliq

Smash Master
With every post this thread slowly pulls existence a little closer to the apocalypse.

Percon

Smash Lord
Aesir, your sig wins.

Anyway, my brother always shouts remarks such as

"this game is glitches! I was supposed to grab there!"

As he uses Samus' fair right past the ledge and plummets to his death.

Also, he was complaining that my attacks often outprioritze his, and I was explaining to him "Well, [bother's name], it's because my attacks have more priority"

Ever since, he's been shouting "My attacks have better priority!!!!!!1!" at random times during matches. It's quite funny. :p

HZ514

Smash Cadet
Ah, funny stuff. One of my friend's friends thought that he was the shiznit (not a curse word) at Smash and goes around bragging about it. So one time I'm over at my friend's house when he is, and when my friend says I'm good, the other guy flips out and challenges me. First, he insisted on 5-stock on Hyrule, which gave me a clue he didn't really have skills. He chose Marth, I chose Ganondorf. And here's the funny part:
1. He laughed when he saw that I was Ganondorf, saying the usual crap about him being too slow.
2. During every combo I landed on him, he screamed and shook his controller complaining that I "wasn't being fair".
3. After he died first after giving me a grand 3% damage, he said "whatever, I still have 4 left".
4. When I asked him whether he still thought Ganondorf was slow, he said "your mother is slow" instead of responding.
4. The omnipresent complaint about glitching whenever I short-hopped, L-cancelled, wavedashed, or platform-slid (dont' know the actual name for that). Priceless moment when he shouted that I shouldn't have gotten my 2nd jump back after using my Down-B
5. When I dair spiked him on his 2nd-to-last life (with all of my lives and about 70% damage) he complained that my dair is unfair. (Keep in mind that he's Marth...)
6. When he finally took out my first stock on his last life, he acted like he had won, and when my friend told him that it was still 4-1 he just called him gay.
7. After the game he threw his controller and stormed out of the house, screaming that I Ganondorf was unfairly strong.

When he challenged me to a Ganondorf vs. Ganondorf match without "the glitching" (advanced techs), I still beat him (but with only 3 lives left, oh snap). His parting shot was "You hacked your Ganondorf to be better!" Rofl.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
"I already told you, I dont want to learn how to wavedash. Just teach me to do the stuff in Shadowclaw, alright?"

Lag

Smash Journeyman
Friend: "How do you jump?"
Me: "Y." (Why?)
Friend: "No seriously, how do you jump?"
Me: "Y."
Friend: "You suck dude."
Me: (Laughing)

I was me trying to teach my little cousin how to play Smash, but I guess I failed haha. I had a good laugh.

Witchking_of_Angmar

Smash Lord
Slowly starting to enjoy my mothertongue again. :)
OMG, I have a new one my grandmother said. I showed her ssbm once, then right after I fought on a different stage, and she's like:

"Oh, so what game is thsi?"
"Umm, it's still the same game."
"But you're on an airplane now! That can't be the same!"

i had to stop myself from yelling N0000000000000000000b!!!!, lol.

Ouendanation

Smash Ace
aa n000000000000000000000b who sits next to me in Art class: "No one cares about sakuri (he didn't say it right) or wavedashing or that ****. Everyone who uses it is a loser" :mad:

Drik Khaail

Smash Ace
no matter how many times I repeated it, I think the kid was intent on pronouncing it super smash bras melee. yes, bras. not an accent, just stupidity...

konoha107

Smash Apprentice
The dumbest thing I've ever heard anone say about Smash is that it was just a bunch of kiddie characters fighting. That's really the dumbest thing; I don't think you can get much more dumb than that. His loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom