• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's the dumbest thing you've ever heard someone say about Smash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demon_machinE

Smash Journeyman
<rant> this one made me sad, honestly...

I brought in Smash for two weeks in a row for my schools Friday gaming club, then someone brought in halo, and some sophomores said "finally, a real game!"

I hate how people in my town only think a game is good if it is a FPS, appearantly all other games are horrible and trashy.

and for the record, I played the next game against that person and completely owned him at the game he thought was so good. I like Halo, but I like smash better. </rant>
Forward smash all those motherf***ers. They can't DI so youll gimp KO them easily.

I hate people that claim smash doesn't take skill, or isnt a real game. Its among the most intricate strategic real time fighting games ever created, and the most unique game ever created in its own right.

Fawriel

Smash Master
A Youtube video where someone cut together some Brawl trailer scenes along with material from the SE updates. Somewhere along the end, he suggested by his placement of scenes that the "rules" being "broken" are broken by the third party characters who violate the "Nintendo-only" rule.

I posted a civil comment pointing out that that is pretty much already disproved.

He proceeded to call me ********.

I asked why.

He elaborated that it was already said in a official statement that there will be more 3rd party characters and made the offer of deleting my first post to hide my embarrassment.

I told him to learn how to read because I never said anything about that and pointed him towards the SE update with the Ancient Minister and the Primid, along with the suggestion that he should learn some manners.

Next time I checked, my last comment was deleted and the author put up a message saying that rude posts won't be ignored and such.
Interesting which post he deleted. I wonder whose embarrassment he hid there.

People like that make me lose faith in humanity.

ZM2004

Smash Journeyman
While I was playing at school yesterday, some noob says, "Sheik sucks!" I was stunned. I told him that because he sucked with Sheik doesn't mean she does.

Later, he said, "Marth sucks!" I told him Marth did not, then he replied by saying, "No, Marth sucks compared to Roy."

grimmlingur

Smash Rookie
Link huh? Link is powerfull, although hes "REALLY SLOW", i have tons of favourites..they are:
Kirby,BOWSER,Marth (complete pwnage!)

link's no good cause he's slow but bowser is his favourite:dizzy:

miller483

Smash Ace
<rant> this one made me sad, honestly...

I brought in Smash for two weeks in a row for my schools Friday gaming club, then someone brought in halo, and some sophomores said "finally, a real game!"

I hate how people in my town only think a game is good if it is a FPS, appearantly all other games are horrible and trashy.

and for the record, I played the next game against that person and completely owned him at the game he thought was so good. I like Halo, but I like smash better. </rant>
All of that applies to me too. I mean, everyone with a 360 in my school plays Gears of War (including me, until my disc broke) but I also like Smash. Friday gaming club, huh? I SO wish my school had that.

Shinku

Smash Champion
ken's Peach theory

All peach players who main peach are either, effeminate, metrosexual, homosexual or a big fat (fill nationality in here) guy and some are in denial of it.

lmfao!!! (i just had to insert his quote here)

vargasdelman

Smash Rookie
lol i was playing wit my friends (total n00bs, even more than me)
and they were like "the c stick is so cheap. its way to easy to use. you'd never be allowed to use it in a REAL game"
and i heard this one a bit ago
"you guyz need to stop shielding. its too cheap and when you do it i cant do anything to you!"
haha

SiD

Smash Master
Me and another smasher were talking to noobs in class because we were bringing in the game on the last day of school.

Noob - "You guys don't do that shielding crap do you?"

milkshake33

Smash Apprentice
Im at school and im like ya i play super smash brothers and my noob friend goes and i quote

"Oh i could kick your ***, im the guy that uhhhh floats around alot, i cant remember his name but i own with him"!!!!!

x4FoSho4x

Smash Ace
Stealing Many Burritos and Miscellaneous Beverages
I heard some dumb **** before. A lot of the stuff in this thread isn't even funny including mine. lol. But its just prolly me. When you here it in person and the person is DEAD SERIOUS its hilarious.

I tried to hustle this guy to MM me in smash at my school, this kid is an idiot.

I go tell me what you know about smash.

Hes goes i can WD 1/10 times and when you wd it makes you invincible, and you can never be hit" I go are you sure? and he looks at me with the most serious face ive ever seen and says "Yes I am sure" in the gayest voice. so i couldnt help but laugh in his face and spit my slushy all over him. I bought him a new shirt with the money he gave me in the mm. lol.

JOLT143

Smash Apprentice
My favorites are...
Falcons areals are pathetic, stick to uncharged smash attacks.
swd takes no skill speed or anything and it is the worst tactic ever.
shieks f-tilt sucks why are you still using it?
kirby is the best, he can suck you up and spit you out.
Mewtwo can own anybody because of his spike, nobody else can do that.(next game i spiked him 3 times as samus)
bowser wavedashes so easily, all you have to do is run.
gannon's B is so much better than falco's.
samus has no good projectiles.

And the best of all is....(Drumroll please)

Falco's recovory is so much better than samus. you cant hit him while he is doing side B

Demon_machinE

Smash Journeyman
They are considering that he's probably never been to a Smash-related forum to learn about advanced stuff. Last time I checked at least.
DOUBLE RAPTOR!

Smashtom is a legend. Triple forward B with peach vs a bowser on training mode who can clearly jump out of the first one is his best combo by far.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I dunno, it takes quite a bit of effort to devise a combo that specifically relies on the opponent meteor-canceling with inhuman reflexes.

tafutureboy

Smash Ace
"i could f**in own you as kirby"
"Falcon is better than ganondorf because he's stronger"
"how do you unlock Toad"
"i'm gonna own you with Pit"

sorry to kirby fans but the n00bs that said this said he was better because he can fly and take you powersa...

miller483

Smash Ace
After beating my friend as Mario:

"Well Mario's on the cover of the game, that makes him the strongest!"

I had the most "WTF!?" look on my face.

The worst part is though, is that I know a lot of people who tend to say that regarding fighting games.

Sneakyxhandz

Smash Rookie
My friend: "It's because you have the game and I don't."
Me: "Yeah, but that doesn't necessarily mean that I play as much as you."
Friend: "Then how did you just learned how to shoot lasers like that?"

FoxFtw

Smash Apprentice
All of that applies to me too. I mean, everyone with a 360 in my school plays Gears of War (including me, until my disc broke) but I also like Smash. Friday gaming club, huh? I SO wish my school had that.
Me too, i so wish my school had a gaming club
id kik some smash a**

-----------------------------------
SPACE ANIMALS RULE ALL
YOU THINK IM LYING
LETS BRAWL!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom