• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's the dumbest thing you've ever heard someone say about Smash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Witch King

Smash Cadet
my little brother:"you suck for using bower"
me:"then why did i just own you"
my little brother:"cause bowser parents got ***** by a dragon and dinosaur letting him blow fire and be strong like a dinosaur"
me:"ok there little buddy"

Foxy K

Smash Journeyman
NNID
foxy_k
"We probably won't see the ice climbers in brawl, no one plays as them" -kid i know
After I explained wavedashing to a friend of mine, we were playing and I comment that "It's really friggin hard to wavedash down hill" and he goes "Well, it should work even BETTER than normal if you think about it." and I just said ".... no."

Keige

Smash Journeyman
My friend (who's actually nearly as good at me): I don't edgeguard, it's cheap. You should give them a second chance.
Me: That second chance is them trying to recover.
Friend: Well, I like to only KO people in flashy cool ways.
Me: *jumps out to edgeguard him but purposely misses him so he can hit me and I can tech off of the side of the stage into a Knee attack*
My friend: o_0
Me: Flashy enough for you?

Yojimbo

Smash Journeyman
"If its not fuc***g Donkey Kong its Link. Swing your **** sword! Swing it! Hope, dodge roll, explode, kill this guy! Young Link is the SLOWEST CHARACTER in this game!" - My BUddy

Betrayed

Smash Ace
I went to some local game store for a small tournament, no entry fee or anything, you just won a free meal or something at the place...

There was a list next to the TV...

Banned Characters:

Fox
Falco
Marth
Sheik
Peach
Captain Falcon

So we entered with Ice Climbers, Mario and Luigi... (3 of us went, obviously)

Mario won.

Mario got banned.

Keige

Smash Journeyman
I went to some local game store for a small tournament, no entry fee or anything, you just won a free meal or something at the place...

Banned Characters:

Fox
Falco
Marth
Sheik
Peach
Captain Falcon

Mario won.

Mario got banned.
Go back to that store in a couple of months and watch their Yoshi and Kirby only matches.

ToonyMan

Smash Cadet
Me and two friends were playing smash with random characters and a random stage just having fun and what not. But one of my friends and after a while of losing he said, "That's it I'm playing Bowser!" He picked Bowser in black and we had to choose a random character and he set our handicap to 1 and he's to 9. He picked Green Greens and me and my other friend teamed up and didnt give him a chance. After that he said, "No teaming up!" He said we had to fight each other too, so I just left with my friend.

I don't play smash with him much anymore.

Pajama Monkey

Smash Rookie
"you can get mew as a character by popping its bubble with link's spin attack."

"you can also get master hand by beating the event match were you fight both hands. it's near impossible"

:laugh:

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~

Banned Characters:

Fox
Falco
Marth
Sheik
Peach
Captain Falcon

Mario won.

Mario got banned.
lmao. yoshi and kirby ftw

Cinder

Smash Master
"I don't need to wavedash" and other crap like that...he still can't beat me without using cheap moves (I mean cheap...spamming the same move time after time after time after time after time after time after time...you get the point...ftilt...ftilt...ftilt...ftilt...so on)

Megavitamins

Smash Champion
My friend one time: He was Sheik and I was Samus. He was clmplaining that Shiek should be the only speed charactre since all she has is melee attacks. I point out needles and he says they suck. Then I manage to hit him with a uair and he starts whining about how Samus has such good combo ability.

Dead Sexy Vocab

Smash Journeyman
PRAISE BE TO MILKTEA!

I just had it with the guy who kept on trashtalking me when I 3-stocked him, he kept on saying stuff like, "OOH CHRISTIAN, YOU GOT OWWWNNNED!!" So after he started walking beside me going down the stairs, he kept on doing it again.

I pushed him down just for the hell of it. No one was around, but it felt good.

Unknownlight

Smash Journeyman
"Pichu is a good character".

I'm serious. That's actually what one of the n00bs that I know said. I wish that he was joking, but I think he was serious. XD

Cinder

Smash Master
"Pichu is a good character".

I'm serious. That's actually what one of the n00bs that I know said. I wish that he was joking, but I think he was serious. XD
I've heard that one, too, man!! Even worse, the girl who kept sayin' it once said she was the best person she knew...that she had beaten anyone she'd fought...and that she could beat me...I asked her one simple question: can you wavedash? Her reaction: huh?! That's another stupid thing I've heard, in case it ain't obvious...

Yes, I know, my "friend" is a total n00b! Jus' thought I'd share that with ya'll! Thankfully, my REAL friends are more skilled:p

miller483

Smash Ace
I've heard that one, too, man!! Even worse, the girl who kept sayin' it once said she was the best person she knew...that she had beaten anyone she'd fought...and that she could beat me...I asked her one simple question: can you wavedash? Her reaction: huh?! That's another stupid thing I've heard, in case it ain't obvious...

Yes, I know, my "friend" is a total n00b! Jus' thought I'd share that with ya'll! Thankfully, my REAL friends are more skilled
I think a better question to ask would be: "Do you know what a wavedash is?"

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
"Ganondorf's A-attack is overpowered. In fact, everything about Ganondorf is overpowered!"

After this, he set up an own tierlist. it looked like this:

1.Fox
2.Ganondorf
3.Sheik
4.Donkey Kong
5.Dr Mario
6.Roy
7.Marth
8.Link
9.Samus
10.Captain Falcon
11.Mewtwo
12.Falco
13.Yoshi
14.Ice Climbers
15.Mario
16.Zelda
17.Pikachu
18.Mr GW
19.Peach
20.Luigi
21.Kirby
22.Young Link
23.Ness
24.Jigglypuff
25.Bowser
26.Pichu

Roy > Marth? WTF!?!

ROFL at Jigglypuff so being low. I guess I co-main the 24th best character. (and I guess I can make up new words: co-main)

Cinder

Smash Master
I think a better question to ask would be: "Do you know what a wavedash is?"
Yeah, that would've been better...although that might have been what I said...I don't remember...either way, I got the same result:p

Another stupid thing I've heard: "Stop super-wavedashing, you f'er...this Chu Dat?"...it was Zelgadis's evolution vid
And "Oh, I can beat that" after watching my old combo vids...never proven;)

cllzzrd

Smash Apprentice
<rant> this one made me sad, honestly...

I brought in Smash for two weeks in a row for my schools Friday gaming club, then someone brought in halo, and some sophomores said "finally, a real game!"

I hate how people in my town only think a game is good if it is a FPS, appearantly all other games are horrible and trashy.

and for the record, I played the next game against that person and completely owned him at the game he thought was so good. I like Halo, but I like smash better. </rant>

KingJiggyWiggy

Smash Lord
Omg this jack *** at my college says Smash is garbage and doesn't take skill to win. I tell him to play me and he is too scared to lose.

I tell him Fox is better than Falco. He tells me to "define" "better."

lol that guy only likes street fighter and guilty gear. Don't get me wrong though, I like those games. But how can this guy be blind enough to claim that smash doesn't take skill?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom