• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's the dumbest thing you've ever heard someone say about Smash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salaad

Smash Ace
I was playing Marth Dittos and my friend has been playing with Marth for 4 years, and still doesn't know any advanced techs...I offer him help to get better..He says "STFU I know how to play Marth" I four stocked him and he said I got "Lucky". He can't even Short Hop O_o...

(I thought this was funny)

Shinku

Smash Champion
it was a tournement finals match, mad intense. i think it was Azen and Chu a long time ago. and i yelled out "Do a Barrel Roll". yeah i did it, sue me lol

Mike2000

Smash Cadet
Here's one my friend said (after I missed with a rest move):

"Ha ha, you expect a sleeping jigglypuff to defeat me? Ha, I bet that's all it does, is sleep. Can it do anything better?"

*Gets hit by rest move*

"Hey, that's not possible! You must've put in Action Replay right before I came over! Way uncool... :("

I proceed to defeat him with endless air combos. I then tell him the reason why rest can hit hard like that, to which he replied:

"Well, I still think it's a stupid move."

:p

RyjinX

Smash Apprentice
A guy was talking like Nixon for an entire ffa match I was in at a friend's house, everytime he fell and respawned he'd scream "NIXON'S BAAAAAAAAAAAACK"

GofG

Smash Champion
I forget where I read it, but someone had a "tier list" one time on some stupid noob forum. It put Roy at the highest... and he spelled it "he has the fire." Jiggly was worst because "all her moves don't do damage and her b down doesnt even do anything except make her get hit because she cant move."

khold

Smash Apprentice
*after using mario's cape on my brother while he tries to recover with CF*
"wth? that's so cheap!"

and my favorite:
"whatever, I can kick your a$$ in real life"

GregUnit

Smash Journeyman
"Mr. Game and Watch has to be the best character in the game because he's the hardest to unlock!"

Myself - 2002

Reese

Smash Journeyman
"cpus are the best so i am going to pattern my fighting style around them " - me when i first got the game. I actually played this way for about 3 years.

"ganondorf's up-b is the best move in the game " - me again when i was noob

lolz i managed to beat my friend by using only ganon's b moves and spamming warlock punch XD.

I have also said -

"fox's forward aerial is his best aerial because it hits multiple times "
"falcon sucks in the air, everytime you jump you fall off the level "
"ganondorf is the best charactor in the game " - after i discovered the wizard foot spike
"grabbing is useless in melee, you cant ko people with it"
"fox sucks, he needs a beam sword to win"
"marth's counter is his best move - there is no way to get around it"

god im happy i discovered this site XD

Shinku

Smash Champion
"You cant use White Marth, thats Husbands color"

-some ****ing nerd at a Torny
hey EE, was it sephrioth 666? that fat guy who everyone calls ray? yeah he always says dumb **** like that. you cant use white its husband, cant use red its ken, green km, azen blue, m2k black, and so forth.

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
"dude, I'm frickin' awesome at this game, I can always beat my little brother, whenever he hangs on the edge I hit him with falco's down tilt A and he dies. There's no way to escape this attack, if you catch the edge against me, you're dead. Anyway as I already said, I play faco because he's the fastest, and that means he's the best."
another guy "I thought that fox was a little faster..."
first guy "Naw, fox and falco are the same character except for their laser is different, what was Nintendo thinking when they did that anyway? Why put in fox when he's pointless to use after you've unlocked falco?"

Samochan

Smash Master
Tournament rules:
"Banned techniques in this tournament: l-cancel, wavedash, shield grab, mindgames"
XD

Mindgames banned, lol... and lol at shieldgrab banned, probably too advanced for those tourneymakers or to try and make up for the banned L-cancel. XD Peach could be still used, no mention of banning fc, dd, djc, cc, cg or jc shield into aerial. ^_^

omG_A_coW

Smash Apprentice
and i quote "the only difference between fox and falco is falcos laser does more damage" - kid who thought he knew everything about smash. (from a tourny at my school)

the.letter.y

Smash Cadet
"My Ganondorf's not slow!"
"I could beat Isai as Captain Falcon"
(playing as Link) "I just can't L-Cancel!"

All of these quotes are from the same person, who can perform no advanced techniques >.>

virtualgamecafe

Smash Journeyman
"you suck your using the c stick"
some kid said that to me at a tourny -__-

where the HECK was the tourney....? a church? i heard someone say that there. it was a kid who was 11. then he kicked all there arses (A**es) and won the tourney.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom