• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's the dumbest thing you've ever heard someone say about Smash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

marth8000

Smash Cadet
oh god thats too funny you think that one day you will be better than me comedy pure comedy looooooooooooool

Corigames

Smash Hero
Two people who both signed up this year with low post counts fighting over who is more n00b in a thread about things that are stupid...

"...but you won't beat me with them [AT] alone you will need allot more to get up to my skill."

freddo

Smash Journeyman
In a team match, my opponent said to me and my team partner:

'This is unfair, you guys are ganging me!'

Me and a mate were watching an old team vid where fox's Firefox was stopped by a sheik needle and then the fox quickly initiated another Firefox, but my friend didn't see the needle between the two Firefoxs and said:

'Whoa, I think this guy can Firefox cancel!'

This same guys also said to me:

'I was practicing falco's short hop double laser today. I don't think he can do it.'

lol He has since quit smash, no natural ability at all - as you can see.

Blackadder

Smash Master
*N00b comes down on me with Links dair, I fly up and get K.O'd*
"HA DIDU SEE THAT!!?!?! IM SO MCH BETTA THAN U!!"
*Does the same to him later in the match*
N00b: "OMG THAT WAS SUCH A CHEAP SHOT ITS JUST GAY AND I'M LINK AND YOUR GANNON, I HAVE TO WIN THE GAME SAYS SO"

Toser.

-PM-

Smash Ace
im playing a game with my friend and im getting all the characters for him and im in classic mode and he goes OMG THERES A LEFT HAND I DIDNT KNOW THAT =O

i couldnt help but laugh =]

180OP

Smash Journeyman
After beating my friend using advanced techs (he is a noob) he said:
"What is the point of being so competative it's so boring I'd rather just turn all the items on and run around - its more fun. You take all the fun out of the game."
hHaha. You know he does have a point though. It's no good if your friend is a noob and you're hardowning him. I like to switch items on with my friends and just screw around chuck items at em when they are trying to recover. It's fun.

Fawriel

Smash Master
I agree. Some people here have really elitist mindsets, as if it's every players *duty* to know advanced techs and whatnot. Of course it's no fun being completely owned by someone without a chance to defend yourself. That's like playing cards against someone who automatically has all aces.
Someone who uses all tricks in the book to defeat a friend who wouldn't even win if the game were played normally, should really think about whether they take the game too seriously.

Go ahead, do me the honor of quoting this as the dumbest thing you've ever heard, I know you want to.

squaminator

Smash Ace
thats just a really bad analogy. Its more like playing table tennis against somebody who puts massive spin on the ball every time he hits it, while you just try to hit it back.

Giggidax

Smash Ace
I agree. Some people here have really elitist mindsets, as if it's every players *duty* to know advanced techs and whatnot. Of course it's no fun being completely owned by someone without a chance to defend yourself. That's like playing cards against someone who automatically has all aces.
Someone who uses all tricks in the book to defeat a friend who wouldn't even win if the game were played normally, should really think about whether they take the game too seriously.
this guy is jus too dumb

lol!! jp, wat u say is sort of true
. i myself like to take the game serious because it will help me improve a little bit overall. i usually use 4 characters, but if im playing my noob friends i like to mess around with characters i dont main.
jigglypuff is so awesome O_O

dumbest thing :
i told my friend that ur spose to mash buttons to get out of grabs faster
he says "no i think its just a certain button, like L-Cancelling on the wall u know?"
when he says L-cancelling on the wall he means wall teching lol!

Corigames

Smash Hero
I'm not elitest, I'm just saying that these people are saying they are the best at the world at something, they obviously are not, and that should be insulting to the people that are!

SwordofMarth

Smash Rookie
"What? I attacked and i went right through you!"
"Roy is the best character in the game"
"Mewtwo gets a boost from pokemon stadium."

Smo

Smash Journeyman
"How did you get your character so strong? Mine sucks!"

I had this one guy who would play as any character that I played as because he thought that it was the character that made the player :S.

"A attacks are pointless. You can win with just B"

"How do you use all those moves? You aren't even touching the C-stick!"

"Kirby is the best character in the game. His down and B makes him invincible to everything, he can fly and the best thing is he can eat his enemies. Oh, and he has a hammer!"

I was having a convo with this guy who like me still plays Smash every night. I'd never spoken to him about Smash before, having only recently learned he played.

Him: I'm amazing at Smash. I've completed it like 134473205824357240 times!
Me: Umm... cool, who do you play as?
Him: Bowser. He's easily the best.
Me: yeah he can be pretty good if you know how to use Whirling Fortress well.
Him: What? That's a crap move.
I explain the pros of WF.
Him: OK whatever. Who do you play as?
Me: The coolest and fastest char in the game :p
Him: Link?
(WTF????)
Me: No, Fox.
Him: Falco's faster than him. Besides all his moves are so ****.
Me: No... really no... you know that his reflector is widely considered to be the best move in the game?
Him: That sucks! It only reflects projectiles! The best move in the game is easily Falcon Punch have you seen how powerful that is?

I Lol'd

Shazz

Smash Journeyman
"You know, I bet all the pros use the hard characters like G&W and Kirby." That's not really dumb per se, but it's the dumbest I ever managed to pull off during my early days. I'm too smart for this thread.

FalcoNoJutsu

Smash Apprentice
"What? I attacked and i went right through you!"
"Roy is the best character in the game"
"Mewtwo gets a boost from pokemon stadium."
Mewtwo gets a boost from pokemon stadium??? LOLOLOL!!!!!

This one guy i kinda know said melee was dumb because there's no blood in it.....
Then bout a week later the same guy says, "What do u get when u mix mario and pikachu"(referring to melee)....the other 6 or 7 of us didn't say anything....we just kept playin....then he goes, "A really gay game and laughs".....we just sat there and kept playin...nobody else laughed except him.....

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...

Go ahead, do me the honor of quoting this as the dumbest thing you've ever heard, I know you want to.
u asked for it

Aesir

Smash Master
>_> the game were played normally? whats the 'normal' way of playing it? lolz amazing

"OH man I love the falcon punch its the best move in the game" - some kid at burger king when a bunch of us were there.

DJ Napps

Smash Journeyman
There's no hope for n00bs....

"wait, why havent u died yet? Ur health is pass 100%!!11!!1!"

and the classic....

"hey! u fell off the stage and got back on it again!one1! No fair!!1!2!!!"

Brino

Smash Cadet
This was by some nub.

"If it's one thing i'm king of Smash Bros."

After a comment about SHFFL

"I don't know how you make up these ******** names for Smash techs no one uses"

Coolcwer19

Smash Rookie
" I can fly with Mewtwo!"

"Mewtwo is the best character in the game, next to Roy. Marth, fox, and everyone else sucks."

" Theres this cheat code in melee, if you do this thing with Mewtwo, he goes red and gets more powerfull for 30 seconds!! I'm not telling you though.."

Then I asked if he knew how to fly with peach, and he said no, LOL.

so I told him, and he said he tried it and it didn't work...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom