• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's the difference between Side-B and Down-B? [REVERSION: 8/18/09]

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
the thread

back when it was
"spin charge and spin dash and doing things with spin and what everything does and why spins spin this way and why spin has different mechanics and spinning"
theres was at least one thread per week asking the difference between side and down b

we change the thread name to the current and we get sasukes comment. in this thread as opposed to making another thread

EDIT tenki is lame...
lolz

infomon

Smash Scientist
lololol @ title. 4daKID.

shameful plug: Tenki, mebbe link mah vid in the OP, even tho it only coveres the basics, it might help for ppl that get intimidated by walls-of-text.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
You people will never get anything out of my name!

Except d4K.I.D., who used to put an "S" in my name. XD

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
ROOOOY!

Nah, you can't do much with my name, it's rather rigid.
Which incidentally is how your mother makes me.

:093:

darkNES386

Smash Lord
Hey what's a good name for me? also which combo are you talking about darkNES386?
Are you going to make a new account?

In case anyone's wondering, this is how it would look if you could pull off the perfect combo:

The colored boxes are where the opponent would be.
Blue circles are where Sonic would be.
1- ASC's first hit. Opponent is knocked upwards slightly, now in A.
2- ASC's 2nd hit. Opponent is knocked upwards and sideways a little bit, and is between A and B.
3- SDR's hit. Opponent is knocked to B.
4- SDJ's hit. Opponent is knocked to C.
5- Aerial attack.

Notice how close 2 and 3 are. If you're too far away from the floor by the 2nd hit, your opponent will be in hitstun, but be knocked upwards too far for the roll to hit. At this point, all you can do is try to catch it with the SDJ, which works sometimes.

In case I drew it wrong, here's a better explanation for placement: if you do it right, the first 3 hits will occur all with your opponent in front of you, then you follow up with SDJ and aerial. If you can pull off the SDR landing correctly (so it hits your opponent and keeps them in front of you) and can keep the rhythm of the hits, SDJ should hit and flow into your aerial.[/INDENT]
---------------------

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
OMFG gaiz! I'm back from mah 1st tourney, and I has soem tings wordy o mention 2 sez.

People respect you when you play with the Wiimote... and do good! XD

I've been told I have the potential to become one of the few best Sonics on the West Coast.

I'm not going to become s*** because my mom works Mondays and my dad's a d*****.

I never got them friendlies with SK92, the TO was already taking down the Wiis by the time it was time to leave.

Tudor also plays tourneys here in Vegas, and I heard he has a good Samus.

Offline to me feels no different than the best Online connected battles, although I still got my a** handed to me.

I had to partner up with somebody else because I wasn't expecting a doubles tourney, and I did good for usually being outnumbered... my partner always got killed early, and I'd take the other team down to 1 stock <50% each.

I hate Shiek.

Edit: This is the wrong thread, but I'm in the Shawnike boards b****es!

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I play with the Wiimote on its own.

I think my Online taunt told you this. XD

Napilopez

Smash Lord
Oh snap... I thought it was always a joke taunt! lolololol I am seriously impressed! And I thought I was brave for going Wiichuck XD. I cant imagine how you use Sonic like that O.o

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
No Up-Tilts is one thing, I know there are other handicapps that come with playing the Wiimote, but I can't think of any other than the really obvious one.

After some time...

Let me see... I can't Smash DI without the C-Stick, because there isn't one... I can't weave aerials in one way and myself in another, I have to stay commited... and then I can't do an UAir without using up a 2nd jump if one is available... and that's it basically.

Also why would I lie? :p

I'm serious, even though you play with the Wiimote, you get a Helluva lot of respect from people... You know what's another good feeling? I'm probably the best Sonic out there who bothers to play with the Wiimote, if not one of the best Wiimote Brawlers. You tell me any random persons' name who also uses the Wiimote competitvely... not easy is it?

BlueTerrorist

Smash Ace
No Up-Tilts is one thing, I know there are other handicapps that come with playing the Wiimote, but I can't think of any other than the really obvious one.

After some time...

Let me see... I can't Smash DI without the C-Stick, because there isn't one... I can't weave aerials in one way and myself in another, I have to stay commited... and then I can't do an UAir without using up a 2nd jump if one is available... and that's it basically.

Also why would I lie? :p

I'm serious, even though you play with the Wiimote, you get a Helluva lot of respect from people... You know what's another good feeling? I'm probably the best Sonic out there who bothers to play with the Wiimote, if not one of the best Wiimote Brawlers. You tell me any random persons' name who also uses the Wiimote competitvely... not easy is it?
*Raises hand*. I can actually use both wiimote and GCN controllers (I prefer wiimote) you never know when you need a spare wired controller.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
why would you put yourself at a disadvantage like that

btw what place did you get?

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
I don't really give you more respect using Wiimote. You're killing the invironment with your batteries so I HATE YOU. You're killing my earth! You should go to hell rly.

Top Bottom