• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Whats the 1st game you ever played or loved?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Im interested to see what the 1st video game people around here played.

Mine was Tetris followed the same day by Super Mario bros.Ah the grand year of 88 where my love of video games was forever forged.

But the 1st game I ever really loved was probably Goldeneye.

What about everyone else?

Afrotaki

Gay skies today.
BRoomer
My first game was Super Mario World, on Christmas day when I was 4, and it's also the first game I ever loved. I've been a rabid Mario fan ever since.

Arfo for Clan Grounds!

dawgbowl

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-2803-2467
My first game was Super Mario World, on Christmas day when I was 4, and it's also the first game I ever loved. I've been a rabid Mario fan ever since.

Arfo for Clan Grounds!
For me it was also this game, when I was also 4-5 years old. However it wasn't during Xmas, and I remember my dad showing me it hidden in his trunk one day since my brother was misbehaving and it was my reward to know what we were getting. :) My brother never played many games, where as I have been eating them up ever since.

Wiscus

(◕ω◕✿)
3DS FC
3840-5663-0679
My first love had to be Super Mario + World. I couldn't live without that game. If I remember correctly it came with my snes. I've been an avid gamer since.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 or Alex Kidd for the Master System.

Moon of the Strawberries

Smash Journeyman
My first game was Super mario 64. My dad bought himself the N64 and out of curiosity I started playing it. The first real game I ever owned was Yellow version.

Sonic24

Smash Apprentice
My first game i had ever played was Street fighter, and i just loved it soo much that i could not go to sleep untill i beat it

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
I think the first Monkey Island, that old computer game. That series is still awesome though, lol

Pikaville

Anyone remember James Pond: operation starfish?

That game had ALOT of levels and secrets.

Definitely in my top 10-15

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Kirby Superstar for both. :]

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Super Return of the Jedi for the gameboy.

Solid game.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Super Smash Bros 64 was the first game I got obsessed with. Played it over at a friend's house one day and I've been hooked on the series ever since.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
Super Mario Bros. 3. The first game I really enjoyed. I liked Super Mario 1, but it was just too hard imo, and still is >.>

But 3 is .. meh just the right difficulty. I kind of find it easy after a 10th playthrough.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Star Wars: Dark Forces. Loved and feared that game tremendously.

Matt07

Smash Master
Super Mario World.

First video game I played, and loved it so much. Suprisingly, when I was younger I used to hate it when my family played that game (I hated video games when I was really young for some reason.)

chize

Smash Apprentice
the first game i played was megaman on the fat grey gameboy

the first game i loved was starfox 64

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Sonic the Hedgehog for Genesis.

First real video game I ever played, and I loved it. I still do to this day.

kigbariom

Smash Lord
The day I became a gamer was March 10th 1999, that day I played Super Mario 64. I was only 6 years old.

XaioXang

Smash Rookie
The first game I ever played was Sonic The Hedgehog for the Sega Genesis.

The first game I fell in love with would have to be Mario Kart or Banjo Kazooie for the 64.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
The first game I really enjoyed. I liked Super Mario 1, but it was just too hard imo, and still is >.>
Oh thank god.
I thought I just really sucked at it. Though I beat SMW and SMB3, which I thought were pretty hard themselves, I just couldn't beat SMB1 for some reason. (well, maybe it's because you have to start all over again once you run out of lives.)

Anyway, first technical game I ever played was some JumpStart preschool crap. First real game I ever played was mario kart 64, first game I ever truly fell in love with was starfox 64. My dad's high-score is still on top after like, 10 years now ._.

Scott!

Smash Lord
Link's Awakening all the way. While we had a computer with a few random games on it, our first systems in my house were a Genesis and an original Game Boy. That thing was a beast. And while there were some great games on the Genesis that I really liked, Link's Awakening, which came at that same Christmas as the systems, just owned them all. It set my standards so darn high for what excellence in a game could be, standards that were only ever raised by OoT. But Link's Awakening came first.

I started playing it when I was like 7, maybe 8. It was so hard. Every dungeon was a challenge, some taking months of me putting the game down out of frustration and coming back later. Bottle Grotto, with the "First defeat the imprisoned Pols Voice. Last, Stalfos." hint just stopped me in my tracks. We had to call the advice line to figure it out. It would have helped knowing what the monsters' names were. But there were challenges everywhere. Sometimes, I would just explore all the areas, seeing the unattainable areas and the heart pieces behind walls. When I finally got them, years after seeing them for the first time, it was just great. It took me till I was like 11-12 before I finally beat it. I still remember it like it was yesterday, rather than almost a decade ago.

Last summer, my sister went to play it again. (She's as big a Zelda fan as me, though she watches more than plays.) She did her thing, and saved and quit. Later, she went back to resume play, but her save was gone. All three files were empty. The game's internal battery had finally died, 15-ish years after it entered and changed our lives. Even though I hadn't played it for years, I felt sad. A piece of my childhood was gone forever. I'll never throw out the cartridge though.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Link's Awakening all the way. While we had a computer with a few random games on it, our first systems in my house were a Genesis and an original Game Boy. That thing was a beast. And while there were some great games on the Genesis that I really liked, Link's Awakening, which came at that same Christmas as the systems, just owned them all. It set my standards so darn high for what excellence in a game could be, standards that were only ever raised by OoT. But Link's Awakening came first.

I started playing it when I was like 7, maybe 8. It was so hard. Every dungeon was a challenge, some taking months of me putting the game down out of frustration and coming back later. Bottle Grotto, with the "First defeat the imprisoned Pols Voice. Last, Stalfos." hint just stopped me in my tracks. We had to call the advice line to figure it out. It would have helped knowing what the monsters' names were. But there were challenges everywhere. Sometimes, I would just explore all the areas, seeing the unattainable areas and the heart pieces behind walls. When I finally got them, years after seeing them for the first time, it was just great. It took me till I was like 11-12 before I finally beat it. I still remember it like it was yesterday, rather than almost a decade ago.

Last summer, my sister went to play it again. (She's as big a Zelda fan as me, though she watches more than plays.) She did her thing, and saved and quit. Later, she went back to resume play, but her save was gone. All three files were empty. The game's internal battery had finally died, 15-ish years after it entered and changed our lives. Even though I hadn't played it for years, I felt sad. A piece of my childhood was gone forever. I'll never throw out the cartridge though.
Wonderful story, Scott. I never tire of it.

Now I actually try and recall the first game I ever played... ehh, I'll just list the earliest games I remember playing:

Treasure Mountain (Mac, 1990, but didn't play it til I was about 5)
Load Runner (Mac, 1993)
Putt-Putt Goes to the Moon (1993)
Jazz Jackrabbit (PC, 1994)
Star Wars: Rebel Assault I & II (Mac, 1993, 95)
Star Wars: Dark Forces (Mac, 1995)
Battle Beast (PC, 1995)
Mech Warrior 2 (PC, 1995)
Batman Returns (Genesis, 1994)
Jumping Flash (Playstation, 1995)
Rayman (Playstation, 1995 -- recently bought this and man, SUPER nostalgia)

And I'm sure there are numerous others from that era, but I'm burned out right now. I'd like to see the lists you guys can come up with.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Hmm now the first game I actually managed to **** the NPCs, was Star Fox I on the SNES. Goddam, when I first played the game it solidified me as a primary Nintendo consumer. I then had a bad memory where I wanted to get Star Fox 64 and I couldn't. Now Last year I finally secured an original N64 Cartridge. Barrel Rolls are so much easier on a N64 controller than a Keyboard.

My First major P.C game would have to be Mech Warriors 3(still the best game in the series) , and thus solidifying me as a Mecha fan. My 2nd Major P.C game would have to be Microsoft Combat Flight Sim 2. I love that game and I'm still saddened that I can't find to 2 CD's.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
(well, maybe it's because you have to start all over again once you run out of lives.)
Just hold A and press Start to continue.

My first game was probably Super Mario Bros.
First game I really loved was Chrono Trigger.

Pikaville

Oh man does anyone remember Marble madness.

I recently got a modded x box(for free :) )that has and emulator for the gameboy,nes,snes,megadrive/genesis and a massive collection of arcade games.Name any game from the consoles etc and its there.

It literally has every old school game ever.

Michael Jacksons Moonwalker FTW! NOW THATS A GAME!

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
I loved playing Link's Awakening back when I was little. I never got very far, probably a little bit less than halfway. I kept on getting stuck in various places in dungeons, lol.

I stopped playing it for years, and I only recently just picked it up again and beat it. Amazing game.

DylantheNinja

Smash Cadet
My first games were super mario bros, paperboy, galaga, and kirby (can't remember which one, 8 bit). They were old when I played them, but I was young. They were on a nesticle on my aunts computer. The first game I fell in love with was probably ssb64. It was the first game I owned that actually took skill. I was so little then, it was fsmash fsmash fsmash all day long...

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
Probably Sonic 2. I didn't have a game system when I was a kid, but I would always love going to my uncle's house and playing games w/ the family.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
The first game I ever played was Super Mario World for SNES I believe; but it could have also been Aladdin as well. I got both games on the same night with a brand new SNES system in January of 1994 so I don't remember which one I played first. Loved both games and played them a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom