• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

burrito

Smash Lord
Ah, but you see, we already KNOW this. That's what the METROID sites are for.
No, not everybody knows it. In fact many don't even realize that Samus is a girl at all. Their needs to be an explanation of the character, you can't just expect everyone to google it, silly.

I hoped I wouldn't have to explain this, but...

If Zamus was 'PURE' (NOT mixed with the SAME character), she would have her OWN character slot. Mario was already there yes, but he wasn't mixed with anyone else. He was his OWN character. A PURE character.
But she is till mixed with the other character, because Samus and Zamus are the same person. She is definitely not a pure character addition. Sooo, no.

Because you can STILL be Samus, just don't transform into Zamus
Wait, so what you're saying is, Sakurai was reassuring us that we don't have to transform into Zamus? I can see what you're saying I guess, but it's a bit of a stretch.

Anyways, I've presented my arguement and I'm just telling you that ZAMUS AND SAMUS WILL BE SEPERATE CHARACTERS. If they aren't then I will eat my hat, and I don't wear a hat, so it would be quite a feat. (Maybe I should buy a hat...)

tirkaro

Smash Champion
I dont think we should really take an old, outdated, description too seriously. for all we know, at the time, they most likely didn't decide on a way for zamus to transform, since the game was very incomplete.
all we can really do is wait until sakurai-sama confirms the samus-zamus relationship.

Celsco

Smash Apprentice
I dont think we should really take an old, outdated, description too seriously. for all we know, at the time, they most likely didn't decide on a way for zamus to transform, since the game was very incomplete.
all we can really do is wait until sakurai-sama confirms the samus-zamus relationship.
Agree, but what he'll probably do then is just announcing zero-suit-samus as an individual. He'll probably not tell how she's connected 2 Samus

Stryks

Smash Hero
Icey they did a similair thing to Sheik, in a trailer where they show everyone one of the starters sheik was shown, she ended up a transformation, ur point?

burrito

Smash Lord
Icey they did a similair thing to Sheik, in a trailer where they show everyone one of the starters sheik was shown, she ended up a transformation, ur point?
Did it say Newcomer: Sheik or something along the lines of that?

Stryks

Smash Hero
No back then it didnt say newcomer, all the characters would appear and there name would appear on the screen, every single starter was named including sheik, and she didnt take a spot in the slect screen...

Devastlian

Smash Lord
No, it was assumed she was a newcomer since she wasn't in the last game.

The SSBM unveiling trailer was structured like the second SSBB trailer but with just the character sections and the little montage at the end, with Sheik getting her own section. Zelda didn't appear until...she was revealed on the site. ...Or maybe it was the SpaceWorld trailer. Either way it was awhile after.

GenG

Smash Lord
However you could access Shike just by pressing B+down. Unless they mess with Samus metagame (nerf her down to make her fit with Zamus just like Zelda and Sheik) and remove a B+special, she wouldn't be a transformation. And transforming into Samus when the following conditions match...
a) A smash icon appearing in the stage
b) You get to grab the icon before anyone else, and Samus isn't fast
c) You get to actually shot the move, and if they can cancel it by hitting you, that won't happen many times
...that would mean that the special move is ****ing broken and Zamus is a payback, or Zamus is so ****ing broken that can only be accessed by special move. Both possibilites are farfetched and the only way to have both characters without ruining Samus is to have them separated. Like Link and Young Link.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Tomorrow's update show be about what characters will be cut from Brawl. Don't think it will happen though. We'll probably just see another stage or an item.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
There are honestly too many problems caused by ZS Samus being a transformation as I see it, which is why I feel the best way to keep them separate characters. Sure, it means Samus takes two spots on the roster screen for herself, but I'd honestly prefer that to Samus having one of her moves taken away or only having ZS Samus accessible in very situational circumstances.

I think we are due a newcomer update though, seeing as all the veterans are confirmed now, and it doesn't look like they'll reveal Snake. Seeing as ZS Samus just popped up this week for the first time, we may see her (Pit hadn't been shown at all before his update, yet both Meta Knight and Wario had been shown, so I don't think it's out of the question).

Erk Aduro

Smash Apprentice
if Zero-Suit has to be together with Samus then I guess it should be situational like a Final Smash or something
No, that's how it shouldn't be, as that pretty much makes one character inaccessible. If they have to be connected somehow, it should be a transformation that allows you to use one or the other how you please. Adding a bunch of conditions like that to the character just makes her useless. It seems everyone wants them separate and hopefully Sakurai realizes that. It is possible he changed his mind since six months ago. ;)

Devastlian

Smash Lord
I'm sure their are tons of ways they could integrate ZSS into Samus' moveset without hurting a whole lot. Like, they could make it so that you hold down + B and she charges up and if you charge up enough, like, maybe three seconds or so, she releases a power bomb that's an instant KO (as instant as a full charged flare blade) (it'd have around the range of an electrode) that sheds her armor in the process. And then ZSS could charge her suit back up somehow and then redon it. I'm not saying this is how it should or probably will be, I'm just saying that there are a few possibilites that wouldn't necessarily interfere with Samus' playstyle from SSBM. (I'm sure you'd be able to do a button combination to start as ZSS as well.)

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
honestly, i think the best way is a button sequence, like ^^vv<><> b a select start!:chuckle:

jk, but something smaller. maybe like bbaaxxyy, or if it's a wii mote something related to that. anyway, that's how i see the transmormation between Samus and ZS-S

Solid_Sneak

Smash Apprentice
I JUST FIGURED IT OUT.

Samus will start with a super blast, and you can choose to use it, or not. You only get one, and if you do use it, you turn into Zamus.

That would keep move-sets, playability, AND practicality.

The massive blast could be OP but then again mbe not.

burrito

Smash Lord
I think Zamus is already seeming to be a complicated enough character and Samus does not need to have her moveset so drastically altered.

Erk Aduro

Smash Apprentice
They could always make it a taunt...
*blinks once* *blinks twice* Huh. I hadn't thought of that. Kinda like how Kirby's taunt removes his Copy Ability, except change into another character. As long as Samus players don't mind not being able to taunt (maybe Zamus's taunt would turn back into Samus?) that's actually quite an elegant solution. Why didn't I think of that? :\

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
I personally like the taunt idea for the transformation (of course, that is, if the consensus here is that Samus and Zamus will only take up one character slot). The taunt idea gives the flexibility of going back to Samus once you're in Zamus form (dare I say it, "backwards compatibility? haha) and it keeps the moveset untainted.

Although, I do have to give Sneak props, the starting with a megashot idea is really quite neat to keep with the transformation vision that the E3 trailer has put in our minds, plus it again keeps things untainted. The only flaw I find in it though is that it gives Samus/Zamus players a lot of inflexibility once they've used it, so they can't necessarily adapt to situations as they come...

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
*imagines Samus doing that DBZ-esque pose that takes forever*

hahaha, like there aren't enough references to that with Fox's scouter...

Shuma

Smash Hero
I hope for a Norfair Stage or *gasp* Perhaps Ridley...

No you know what. no not a norfair Stage, perhaps you can see Ridley flying in the background and all my hopes for Ridley as a Playable Char would be crushed, NO!!!.

Dragonboy2k4

Smash Ace
*imagines Samus doing that DBZ-esque pose that takes forever*

hahaha, like there aren't enough references to that with Fox's scouter...
Fox:Alright,what do we got here...Jesus ******* Christ!!! HOLY ****ING HELL!!!!
Commander:Fox,is everything ok in smash land?
Fox:ITS OVER 9000!!!!!!!!...****!! I just cut my hand over that god **** glass breaking that...
Commander:MR MCCLOUD!!!,THIS IS A T RATED GAME,WOULD YOU PLEASE REFRAME FROM USING THAT FOUL..GANSTA LANUAGE!? ONE MORE OUT BRUST AND I WILL HAVE YOUR ARWING LICENSE SUSPENDED.YOU GOT THAT MCCLOUD?!!
Fox:Darn..Iam sorry commander,but it looks like my hand is in pretty bad shape.It could be a problem reaching my deflector.The speed wont be the same.
Commander:I dont think that cut has anything to do with it Fox...
Fox:Hey!Your voice sound fishy... What in the hell going on around here Commander,I demain to know right now!
???:Your shining days are over speedy one...
Fox:no...I cant be...1st Kirby,then Ness...

Newcomer:Nerftendo's baLlaH

:) :laugh:

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
My guess would be the profile for a newcomer we already know about, Friday seems to have the bigger updates.

Dacvak

Smash Ace
I'm still saying it'll be a How To Play: Technique update. We haven't had one of those in a LONG time.

~Dac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom