• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Komayto

Smash Apprentice
Same here.
Wait, what? I have a glaring suspicion that you're trying to twist my words here considering what you've said in your previous posts in this thread.

The problem is, I don't understand how exactly. Care to explain?

THK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRedKirby
3DS FC
1005-9416-8042
Cry more why don't you?

It's better than nothing.

TaikaAli

Smash Apprentice
Daily updated are good also because now i actually have a reason to wakeup early and go to school and do something else than sleep the whole day.

AthrunZala

Smash Journeyman
i dont know if this has been said or not so please dont be like "newb we said it already"

did anyone look at the music list. now i am only saying this because if some of those people do a song or something for a stage that reps the chara of a game they have already done then we might be lookg at a wide variaty of charas that most people have ever thought of.

beside that i think the site is ok and will be good with new info as it is released.

i am also posting this under the composer list.

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
So, no composers have worked on the Sonic series... hm, I wonder why?
That's where you're wrong! They just chose not to list it.

Yuzo Koshiro has in fact worked on Sonic music, it was just for the game gear/master system, and he was never Sonic's main composer, but they didn't list Uematsu for a reason and I suspect Nakamura may be involved as well.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
well, we are definitely going to get new videos because somewhere on there it says that video/flash files will have the camera icon. So we can 100% expect some new video to some out, possibly pretty soon. Also, i would love for the dojo to have it's own forum so I can join that one as well...peace

-hiroshi

I

i8waffles612

i dont know if this has been said or not so please dont be like "newb we said it already"

did anyone look at the music list. now i am only saying this because if some of those people do a song or something for a stage that reps the chara of a game they have already done then we might be lookg at a wide variaty of charas that most people have ever thought of.

beside that i think the site is ok and will be good with new info as it is released.

i am also posting this under the composer list.
i was thinkning that same thing...

like Tomoko Sasaki, hes from NiGHTS, so i thought that there would be a character from that series as well....

TaikaAli

Smash Apprentice
Just started thinking, In melee you had those little heads of mario or whatever character you were playing in stock mode, and when you died one disappeared.
So from those % bars we have seen, there is one large picture, so how they are going to show lives in stockmode?

edit. Better place fot his might be that thread about %bars but anyway.

Pasqual

Smash Journeyman
A couple of thoughts. Didn't know which exact thread to use but whatever.

1. While having a composer who worked on "x" or "y" character's game doesn't necessarily mean "x" or "y" will be in Brawl, Sakurai knows full well that these composers are just going to fuel speculation. Which means the character's may in fact be in the game, or Sakurai is just letting us have some wishful thinking.

2. The updates started on a Tuesday. While this is the regular day of the week for actual dvd/cd/games(?) to be released, it doesn't seem like a blog should be opened already partially into a work week. My theory is that Monday's may have more signifigance than the other days, possibly being the day of the week when the most interesting updates will be released. Sakurai wouldn't want to drop too much big info on the first day of the blog's public existence, so he waits until Tuesday to open it, giving him the largest amount of time between the blog's inception and the first "big" update.

Again, just some hypotheticals. No flame kplzthx.

Junaur

Smash Apprentice
Ooh, seiji momoi? Now's as good a time as ever to hope for a meteos stage!
Loved streets of rage and actraiser, so I can't wait to hear yuzo koshiro's contributations.

Masato kouda? He orchestrated ultraviolet, 'nuff said.

I

i8waffles612

wait.. i remember hyrule castle now... aww now i want that level. lol

and am i the only one who is not sick of watching the old trailer for brawl and the other video??

Charzendat

Smash Apprentice
Nope. I still watch them and I've already listened to the soundtack about a dozen times today. Search on YouTube for the audience reaction to the first trailer.

I

i8waffles612

they were quite excited... especially for pit, wario and snake

Charzendat

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, sound sucks but its still awesome. I always get this great feeling in my stomach when it gets to the bit with Snake.

RPK

Smash Lord
well, we are definitely going to get new videos because somewhere on there it says that video/flash files will have the camera icon. So we can 100% expect some new video to some out, possibly pretty soon. Also, i would love for the dojo to have it's own forum so I can join that one as well...peace

-hiroshi
That would be awesomeif smashdojo had its own forum. However I also wouldnt want that to happen because I dont want to site to start lagging up since the site went up, and people are now all googoo gaga for brawl well that just means a crap load of posts. It would basically be like /b/ in the old days ^^;; Plus it would also mean they have to get mods and what not to manage the site which means more work for them.
@Octillus
Nakamura? Kozo Nakamura?!?!? If that was true I would shed tears of joy because he is just too awesome!!!! I love his guitar work x3

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
\
@Octillus
Nakamura? Kozo Nakamura?!?!? If that was true I would shed tears of joy because he is just too awesome!!!! I love his guitar work x3
I do too. It's wishful thinking, but I figure, if they yank Sonic for Brawl, who else would they go to?

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
Haven’t read through this topic so I’m not sure if anyone else has said this but note in the first picture of the ‘basic rules’ where fox, wario, Mario and pikachu are in one screen. Note how pikachu is air dodging(what it looks like) foxs attack..wavedashing still in maybe?

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Yeah I noticed that Pikachu thing too. Wave Dashing will be back and I hope we can find new expectations with the 'Crawling' ability as well.

hellsoldierx15

Smash Journeyman
Yeah just like this morning...I am with you but I will just go to bed tonight instead of waiting again.
yea no point in waiting till 3...i went to bed at like 2 last night and just woke up at 4 and saw it. i think smash dojo doesnt have a messageboard cause they know people are talking bout it on here and the Nsider forums.

Andromeda

Smash Lord
Alright, I'm going to bed now, and when I wake up I'm expecting new info on smashbros. They better live up to my expectations.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Tomorrow you mean if it actually goes by day.

New stage or two and some items for now. After tomorrows, a character for the next day with more music and screenshots. More How To Play also.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
so what are some of you guys' expectations for todays update?
I guess one of these things:
1:restoring the character profiles, with more detailed information

2: updating "smash 101" for more "advanced techniques" like how the crawl will work.

3. updating the stage section (perhaps we can finally figure out whether or not that castle is an FE stage!)

The Director

Smash Lord
We're going to get 5 updates a week, from various different aspects of the game.

In the midst of all these updates I think we'll get one character per week, so we'll probably get a character this week at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom