• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
the best thing about this update was one simple fact....They are paying close attention to detail!! Crate and box appearance changes based on levels=character intros, maybe stamina mode death animations, plus more!

Epsilonis

Smash Cadet
Ah..lol..guess I should play with items more. Then they should make your character look like he/she is running on the barrel =D

Pip

Smash Apprentice
Ah..lol..guess I should play with items more. Then they should make your character look like he/she is running on the barrel =D
Agreed, letting characters run on barrels (I guess it would involve landing on them just right once they're already tipped) would be a nice touch, provided it didn't mess with the game mechanics in an unbalancing manner.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Hmm, so it looks like one other person noticed..

First time for Zamus to appear in a screenshot.
Same with the castle, I think.
Zomg?

Well... I like this update. It's cute. *grins*

Aki-toriko

Smash Apprentice
The way the barrels change appearance with each course is a very nice touch to be sure.
Also, has anyone noticed this is the first time we have screenshots of Zero Suit Samus since, oh about...six months ago.

Fawriel

Smash Master
So far, two people apparently. Including me. Woo, I'm, like, so observant.

...and the castle, too. I don't think it has appeared in a screenshot before?

Pip

Smash Apprentice
Honestly, I noticed, clicked the pictures for close ups, and quickly came to the assumption that they didn't really provide any further interesting information about Zamus.

Aki-toriko

Smash Apprentice

...and the castle, too. I don't think it has appeared in a screenshot before?
Pretty sure its the Fire Emblem stage from before. Check out the second trailer.

Fawriel

Smash Master
@Pip: Point taken. Haha.
It does make you wonder though why they didn't show her until now. Her model and everything seemed complete enough after all.

I guess this means that Metaknight might be revealed soon?

@Aki: Oh, I know. But still, it hadn't appeared in screenshots, much like Zamus.

Snake, his stage and the Mario Kart stage still didn't.

Aki-toriko

Smash Apprentice
@Pip: Point taken. Haha.
It does make you wonder though why they didn't show her until now. Her model and everything seemed complete enough after all.

I guess this means that Metaknight might be revealed soon?

@Aki: Oh, I know. But still, it hadn't appeared in screenshots, much like Zamus.

Snake, his stage and the Mario Kart stage still didn't.
Tis true, but nice to see my favourite blonde haired killing machine back in the game.
I reckon, given the Metroid music from yesterday, they'll reveal a new Metroid arena soon.

burrito

Smash Lord
I noticed that this was the first screenshots with Zamus, too. There goes my theory that Zamus was an unlockable character.

It'a really neat how the crates and barrels change appearance.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
This was quite a nice update. The fact that they change their appearance is a nice aesthetic touch, and the sliding crates look like they could be fun.

And hooray for ZS Samus finally appearing. I almost thought they'd forgotten about her completely. Interesting how it happened right after the first metroid related update.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
I noticed it was Samus' first appearance in quite a while too. Nice touches with the crates, i wonder if their will be any other designs as well.

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
Also, has anyone noticed this is the first time we have screenshots of Zero Suit Samus since, oh about...six months ago.
Does it matter? There's nothing interesting about her shots. You see the lag animation of an attack in the first shot (where she pushes the box) but that's it.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
My favorite screenshot so far.

I don't get it. >_>

Does it matter? There's nothing interesting about her shots. You see the lag animation of an attack in the first shot (where she pushes the box) but that's it.
It looks like she's winding up for a punch, to me. She's making a fist and giving that box an eye so it looks like she's a about to whack it good. So...maybe you just hit a sliding crate (they can probably still withstand a few non-smash hits).

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I wonder if this means there won't be party balls or capsules. I bet there'll be more containers though.

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
Well, I made the picture bigger in Paint so I could see it better. She has her elbow pointed at the box. This could be that she was just standing normal, arms on her sides, then used her right arm to punch to the left. Try it yourself, punch with your right arm like there's somebody to the left of you so that your right hand ends up next to your left ear. Looks like that was what she did. On the other hand, it could be a combo. After that punch, she could push her arm to the front so she can hit somebody/something with her elbow. Again, try it yourself (omg I feel like such a Brawl nerd now for actually immitating moves >_<),

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Ya, that could be it. Either way, I suspect we'll just be hitting the boxes instead them making a pushing animation.

Also, Delfino Plaze uses the default barrel and crate:

Dacvak

Smash Ace
I noticed that this was the first screenshots with Zamus, too. There goes my theory that Zamus was an unlockable character.
Don't forget what was already stated about Zamus... Apparently she won't be her own character. She'll somehow "change" from Regular Samus to Zamus. I have no idea how this will work, but I'd much rather her be her own character. But it certainly seems that it'll be more like the Sheik/Zelda thing.

One theory is that she'll turn into Zamus by using her Final Smash, which was featured in one of the videos. She loses her armor after she does the Final Smash. Of course, I think this would be a completely stupid way to have her "transform".

And this Crates update was pretty lame. One of the lamest so far, at least. The whole sliding thing? That's a pretty dumb idea. You can clearly see the wheels, anyway. And what happens if you throw the "sliding" bow straight upwards?

Weak.

~Dac

Falcolegend

Smash Journeyman
anyone else noticed that pikachu is actually STANDING on a box in one screenshot? This was impossible in melee.
Can't wait for tommorow's update! Friday's update is usually better!

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
Don't forget what was already stated about Zamus... Apparently she won't be her own character. She'll somehow "change" from Regular Samus to Zamus. I have no idea how this will work, but I'd much rather her be her own character. But it certainly seems that it'll be more like the Sheik/Zelda thing.

One theory is that she'll turn into Zamus by using her Final Smash, which was featured in one of the videos. She loses her armor after she does the Final Smash. Of course, I think this would be a completely stupid way to have her "transform".
Actually, due to the strange translation of Zamus's bio on the old site, we have no idea how Zamus/Samus is going to work. Vagueness FTL. (EDIT: I'd liker her to be her own character too.)

This update was OK, but I really want something huge for tomorrow's update. I want a Zamus bio that clears up the "under certain conditions" thing.

Dacvak

Smash Ace
I mean, I guess I wouldn't really mind if Samus could change like Zelda/Shiek, as long as you could do it whenever you want, as many times are you want. Of course, I really can't think of a way that this would make sense.

But under certain conditions.... That could mean ANYTHING. Think Metroid, here for a second... When Samus gets royally f*cked, her suit downgrades or (like in Zero Mission) is removed. What if Sakurai did something gay that made it so Samus would lose her suit if she got hit after 150% or something.

Wait a minute... I just remembered something.. Sakurai's not a ******.

I don't think we have anything to worry about. That guy is his own biggest fan. He's going to make this game kick a.s.s.

~Dac

NukeA6

Smash Master
I see they made some good changes in the containers. If they can do this, I'm sure the character intros can return.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom