• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
I like how they gave Yoshi his modern look rather than going for something more along the lines of what they did for Melee. This look is definitely the silliest and cutest, but I like it that way.
I'm glad they didn't up is 3Dness with scales or whatever. Now he's classic. And it makes Pickachu and Kirby seem like they're not so out of place looking graphics wise.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I would guess that it will be Yoshi's Final Smash, they seem to follow the characters...As the Update tomorrow
Except DK, Kirby, Zelda, Wario, Pit and Fox still don't have their Final Smashes up yet. And they all have profiles.

I say item tonight. I was proven wrong by Yoshi popping up last night, but I shall forgive him. TONIGHT IS MY NIGHT. I can feel it in my genitalia.

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
Yeah. And some don't have FS or Special moves. Maybe they'll just skip the extra info and go straight to Ness or something. They have to save some move surprises for late November!
Yeah,I'm guessing that if we're going to see newcomers,it will probably be around September or later.

Del Money

Smash Champion
I fail to see how Yoshi confirms Dr. Mario...unless in the story mode Yoshi has malaria, and needs the good Doctor to stick the long rubber glove up his dinosaur hiney and cure him.
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAH
Kirby's FS, FTW!
naw **** that...*expects Weed to ask me to promise to shart my pants again if we get Kirby FS*

I have a sick feeling that it might be an item/music combo. A really bad feeling.

Homerun Bat FTL. Din's Fire FTL, lol. 'Ja hear that, Ethano?[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Yoshi popping up last night, but I shall forgive him.
ewwwww
TONIGHT IS MY NIGHT. I can feel it in my genitalia.
thats what she said
Yeah...item/music combo it shall be.
youre making me think you actually want it (i know someones gonna quote that for dirtyness)

RDK

Smash Hero
naw **** that...*expects Weed to ask me to promise to shart my pants again if we get Kirby FS*
Good Lord...he only said that like 23985042 times last night waiting for the update...I wanted to reach across my bandwidth and smack him.

Hey, guess what I heard Del Money saying the other day to his sister.

youre making me think you actually want it

Desruprot

Smash Lord
We know what Kirby's Final Smash is already, it is seen in the E3 Movie, he cooks his opponents anyways...But I think it is going to be a Final Smash tomorrow

RDK

Smash Hero
We know what Kirby's Final Smash is already, it is seen in the E3 Movie, he cooks his opponents anyways...But I think it is going to be a Final Smash tomorrow
That's what I think, but suddenly I dread that it might indeed be an item.

Dawn Patrol tried to warn us--but we didn't listen. >_<

lol...you just had to, didnt you?
Lol...you know it. Sorry, man--you set yourself up.:embarrass

Del Money

Smash Champion
Dawn Patrol tried to warn us--but we didn't listen. >_<
****ing Dawn Patrol, man theyre all over. what kinda clan has like a million people in it? (apart from the KKK cocksmoochers)

I call AT tonight, IDK I have a feeling XD...
now youre just trying to copy me, you rotten mother****er hahhahha jk

anyways AT or FS is obviously the most logical (or more like by process of elim) however if its music itll probably be f-zero music

Smooth Criminal

Croco

Smash Lord
I'm glad they didn't up is 3Dness with scales or whatever. Now he's classic. And it makes Pickachu and Kirby seem like they're not so out of place looking graphics wise.
If you look really close in some of the shots..
It looks like he has small veins..

Dragonboy2k4

Smash Ace
:confused: Err? Mario and Link's FS was in the movie too,and they still gave us the low-down on how their shty operates in battle.So why not Kirby's? We dont know exactly how Mario thought that was DiGiorno in the pot and ended up in there,so an long awaited update would solve that problem asap.

Desruprot

Smash Lord
DiGiorno? Who is that? And how exactly is the character not Kirby with the Chef hat... I have watched the E3 Movie enough time to know... and did you have a misplacement of names in their, your point is not that strong to confront mine by what it looks like.

whiterob

Smash Journeyman
My improbable prediction: Falcon tomorrow. I don't know why but i'm saying we will get a captain falcon update tomorrow. I will be wrong, but so will dozens of other people. And if by some miracle i'm right, i will be quoting myself to no end. *Goes to bed to avoid reading flaming counterposts*

Hotshot672

Smash Cadet
I wonder whats up with Luigi? they show Bowser even before the second most reconizable mario character! also, i just realized something, final smashes are what could seperate clone characters from real ones

Croco

Smash Lord
no, you nincompoop. i meant NINTENDO favoring a certain company because they allow more character slots for them. and besides, ignore that stuff and read my last post...uh *trying to be polite*...please
Well then what you really meant makes no sense unless you have evidence to back it up. I know I sound like a **** and a pessimist.. but I am trying to look at the reality of what is known thus far.

How is that favoritism?
It's not. :ohwell:
Konami/Hideo Kojima asked begged for Snake could be included.. Hideo Kojima is the president of Konami.. and so he can pretty much make any decision he wants if Nintendo request more characters from them.
Now if we knew that Capcom or Sega and Nintendo turned their request down.. then it would be favoritism. Though there is even a possibility that Nintendo and Konami signed a contract that if Snake is Brawl then only Konami is the only 3rd party allowed to be involved.

Then you have to think about if Nintendo asked SEGA or Capcom or whoever for their characters and then they requested too much money or turned Nintendo down. Maybe Nintendo didn't want to pay the money to use Sonic when he is already going to be in the Olympics game.

I'm not saying characters like Sonic or MegaMan do not have a chance at all.. I'm only saying their chances are less then nearly all the Konami characters because of what is currently known. So if anyone currently says Sonic or MegaMan is a shoe in before any Konami characters.. then they are dreaming.

Del Money

Smash Champion
@Croco
ok well for starters, i called you a nincompoop and you didnt care...youre awesome

Now if we knew that Capcom or Sega and Nintendo turned their request down.. then it would be favoritism. [/Croco]how so? wouldnt it be favoritism by nintendo if nintendo decided to take Konami's cahracters over the other companies rather than them actually turning it down? perhaps im not being clear about the favoritism thing...i need it one 3rd party company takes more character slots than another then it would appear nintendo is favoring that dominant company
Then you have to think about if Nintendo asked SEGA or Capcom or whoever for their characters and then they requested too much money or turned Nintendo down. Maybe Nintendo didn't want to pay the money to use Sonic when he is already going to be in the Olympics game.
possible, but lets talk simple economics here (computer science/econ major talking hehe). its called "buying-in-bulk" and since both games are coming out within 2 weeks of each other, it wouldnt be unheard to use Sonic's character for a short timeframe rather than a one-time deal
I'm only saying their chances are less then nearly all the Konami characters because of what is currently known. So if anyone currently says Sonic or MegaMan is a shoe in before any Konami characters.. then they are dreaming.
ok i believe you the first time you said that but now read the infamous Nothing Rhyme's With Circus' quotes
I still really don't see that happening. I'm very much of the mindset that one third party company shouldn't get more representation than another. I love Tails, but I really do think two is too much for SEGA.

Tails being playable, or any character other than Sonic himself, is wishful thinking, I think.
I guess it could, but lots of things could happen. I think that Ninetendo's incentive to bother with third parties (aside from Snake since he was "begged" to be in) is to gain fanbases from the cross over. If Nintendo wants the Sonic fanboys to play Brawl, they'll grab Sonic, and that will satisfy just about everyone. That spot that Tails would take up could be used to grab another third party mascot and draw in those fans.

I just think it makes the most sense to get as many different fanbases as they can, for a minimal amount of work. Tails isn't going to draw in many fans to Brawl that Sonic wouldn't.
lol she has a way with words, huh?

hoping for AT or FS tonizzight (f-zero music would be nice too)

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
@ethan
1. maturity doesnt come from "Zelda saving Link" statements that are meant to downplay my integrity.
2. i spam huh? if you mean 5 to 30 min before an update like everyone else does then consider yourself twice as guilty. do the same also if you mean days when something we've known since ssb64 is repeated to us at Sakurai's convenience. for the record, im very active in discussion and bring up interesting points and prove points in this thread as well as several others and i can admit my faults. asking ANYONE in this thread..ANYONE thats not a smash n00b and they can vouch for me.
3. your main is zelda and thats fine and all. not many smashers are talented enough to use her but you dont need to remind the whole community of that in the majority of your posts when your signature already says it...especially during discussions of "This World".

i already know my reaction was uncalled for (and i partly wanted to know what it felt like to be RDK) but it pissed me off when it was blatantly obivous youre a zelda fan and yet found the need to bash Sonic when nobody said a word to you

@Croco
i dunno about the whole all Konami for 3rd party deal. it seems like favoritism to give the entire 3rd party roster to just ONE company ya know.

@topic: ATs would really help clear alot up, especially more signifcant characters. just so we can better gauge whos really got a shot. i also wanna know if a handful of ATs could be 3rd party characters of the franchises associated with the 3rd party playable roster.
Apology accepted.

Ok, I don't know what RDK means, or what you meant by "maturity "Zelda saving Link statements", but there is a game called "Zelda's Adventure, where, indeed Zelda embarks on a quest to gather magic stones(which apparently are Ganon's weakness) and save Link. I'm sorry I made you angry, and I feel bad about it. Also, thanks for the complement! :) Friends?
Now that I think about it, I would like to see Sonic in Brawl!

Hotshot672

Smash Cadet
i was watching attack of the show, sony has sold more ps3's due to its price cut. as well as all the new footage of MGS4. i think the coming weeks will be MAJOR considering Brawl is nintendos really good hopes of good sales. so we might be getting some good updates

bored

Smash Ace
Well then what you really meant makes no sense unless you have evidence to back it up. I know I sound like a **** and a pessimist.. but I am trying to look at the reality of what is known thus far.

How is that favoritism?
It's not. :ohwell:
Konami/Hideo Kojima asked begged for Snake could be included.. Hideo Kojima is the president of Konami.. and so he can pretty much make any decision he wants if Nintendo request more characters from them.
Now if we knew that Capcom or Sega and Nintendo turned their request down.. then it would be favoritism. Though there is even a possibility that Nintendo and Konami signed a contract that if Snake is Brawl then only Konami is the only 3rd party allowed to be involved.

I'm not saying characters like Sonic or MegaMan do not have a chance at all.. I'm only saying their chances are less then nearly all the Konami characters because of what is currently known. So if anyone currently says Sonic or MegaMan is a shoe in before any Konami characters.. then they are dreaming.

Oh well it's Sega's loss if they don't include Sonic and Capcom's loss if they don't include Megaman...

I hope there in :(

RDK

Smash Hero
Oh well it's Sega's loss if they don't include Sonic and Capcom's loss if they don't include Megaman...

I hope there in
No...SEGA and Capcom can't just walk over to Nintendo and stick their chars into one of Nintendo's games...Nintendo has to ask first.

Which they DID allegedly do with SEGA, so SEGA better get their ****e in gear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothing Rhymes with Circus
I still really don't see that happening. I'm very much of the mindset that one third party company shouldn't get more representation than another. I love Tails, but I really do think two is too much for SEGA.

Tails being playable, or any character other than Sonic himself, is wishful thinking, I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothing Rhymes with Circus
I guess it could, but lots of things could happen. I think that Ninetendo's incentive to bother with third parties (aside from Snake since he was "begged" to be in) is to gain fanbases from the cross over. If Nintendo wants the Sonic fanboys to play Brawl, they'll grab Sonic, and that will satisfy just about everyone. That spot that Tails would take up could be used to grab another third party mascot and draw in those fans.

I just think it makes the most sense to get as many different fanbases as they can, for a minimal amount of work. Tails isn't going to draw in many fans to Brawl that Sonic wouldn't.
These are two great posts.

Rhymes is right--the more party representatives we have in Smash, the more fanbases we will have playing Smash.

Plus, who doesn't want a battle between Mario, Sonic, Megaman, and Bomberman? Come on. That would be teh t!ts.

Dragonboy2k4

Smash Ace
DiGiorno? Who is that? And how exactly is the character not Kirby with the Chef hat... I have watched the E3 Movie enough time to know... and did you have a misplacement of names in their, your point is not that strong to confront mine by what it looks like.
http://www.kraftfoods.com/DiGiorno/ Click the link please...:embarrass I still cant believe we have people who dont understand "a figure of speech".In other words,ITS A FOOD! CHEFS COOK FOOD DONT THEY!? :dizzy: And for heavens sake,please re-read what I stated.I never said anything apon what you seen.I was questioning you on why you think Kirby shouldnt get an updated.You made it seem as of non-importance,when in fact it is because I dont know,WE STILL DONT KNOW HOW MARIO GOT IN THE POT!? If you can demostrate how Mario magically wrap in there,by all means,prove me wrong while you still got the chance,otherwise,Kibry needs an update. :)

bored

Smash Ace
No...SEGA and Capcom can't just walk over to Nintendo and stick their chars into one of Nintendo's games...Nintendo has to ask first.

Which they DID allegedly do with SEGA, so SEGA better get their ****e in gear...

These are two great posts.

Rhymes is right--the more party representatives we have in Smash, the more fanbases we will have playing Smash.

Plus, who doesn't want a battle between Mario, Sonic, Megaman, and Bomberman? Come on. That would be teh t!ts.
I see what your saying... man I really hope they allow Nintendo to include sonic and Megaman...

I don't know about bomberman, lol.

Del Money

Smash Champion
Apology accepted. Ok, I don't know what RDK means
RDK is Red Darkstar Kirby. and like me, he doesnt mess around when in comes to n00bs, ignorance, or lack of common sense
or what you meant by "maturity "Zelda saving Link statements", but there is a game called "Zelda's Adventure, where, indeed Zelda embarks on a quest to gather magic stones(which apparently are Ganon's weakness) and save Link.
oh ok, i thought that Zelda playable game was a sarcastic remarks towards me. my bad for being a n00b
Friends? Now that I think about it, I would like to see Sonic in Brawl!
sure. and this is how everyone wins. now i wont be mad if a zelda update comes tonight
What about Lara Croft? Does she have a chance?
in short...no. eidos is a weird company and i dunno how stable they are. especially cuz their most recent tomb raider game was the first good one in years

@RDK
dont think im going easy on 1337marth. that fool has a serious flaming coming at him

@Dragonboy2k4
its not delivery, its DiGiorno mother****er

@Croco
youre still a nincompoop if you dont respond

@topc: lets get a good update tonight. something thatll keep SWF free from dry-spells for once, dammit

Smooth...no i wont say it lol

bored

Smash Ace
Well allow me to predict the next update...
hmm I'm going to have to say Yoshis FS....actually im betting 40 dollars on it....

Eight Sage

Smash Lord
in the range of 0.0.0.0 to 255.255.255.255

Sakurai showed us isn't about "Famous or wanted characters"

A lot of us wanted Deoxys to be playable and look at my sig.

Nothing is sure.

Edit: Again, tomorrow --> Music (dang!)

RDK

Smash Hero
@topc: lets get a good update tonight. something thatll keep SWF free from dry-spells for once, dammit
I hate those...and then whenever I walk away for a few hours cuz I think everyone's dead, you all post like 50 pages, lol.

and like me, he doesnt mess around when in comes to n00bs, ignorance, or lack of common sense
Hell yeah. :cool:

Dynamism

Smash Lord
I'll be semi-&quot;dead&quot; for a while after Fe
Plus, who doesn't want a battle between Mario, Sonic, Megaman, and Bomberman? Come on. That would be teh t!ts.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Wait!!!!! Bomerman isn't Nintendo?!?!?!

Sakurai showed us isn't about "Famous or wanted characters"

A lot of us wanted Deoxys to be playable and look at my sig.

Nothing is sure.

Edit: Again, tomorrow --> Music (dang!)
Music is cool and I think they need to get those music updates in early....Save the big deals for the next two months!

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
@Del Money: Am I gonna get it?

I wish Lara was in. She's so cool. I thought Edios was buddy-buddy with Nintendo now, considering they've made TR:Legend for NGC, GBA, & DS, and TR: Anniversary for Wii is currently in development.

Tonight's update: Zel- um....nevermind. lol!

RDK

Smash Hero
Three more hours 'till update.

YAWN.

Item/music FTL.

Good update (FS, profile, etc.) FTW.

Dragonboy2k4

Smash Ace
I hate those...and then whenever I walk away for a few hours cuz I think everyone's dead, you all post like 50 pages, lol.

Hell yeah. :cool:
Nah man,the reason you think everyone's dead is because this site keeps lagging.McFox is pulling that ethernet cord again just to *** with us.

McFox:Tried of the Sonic lovers today,Jesus,Iam surprize they havent said Neo yet...
Smashboards:Yo man,it would be off the chain if you can slow down time,and dodge punches and
McFox:Ok,thats it dammit..."yoink!!"
Smashboards:Why anit no ones typing?This site is defective...

:laugh:

Yo tho,I got a feeling its a Kirby update tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom