• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tank McCannon

Smash Journeyman
I don't see why all of you are fretting over wavedashing. Up until not even a year ago I didn't even know what it was, and I really have no idea how to do it, nor do I care to. If you aren't able to do it in the game, you will still all be able to compete in tournaments, you just won't have the cheap luxury of this infamous "wavedashing."

And guess what? I still have fun playing Smash, without knowing how to do it.
There's a thread for wavedashing in Brawl. Go there.

Idfection

Smash Apprentice
I wish people would stop arguing about wavedashing. Some people love it, some don't- what's it matter? I don't mind hearing people talk about it, and I don't mind people who don't use it.

However, I do mind people who, when they see the word 'wavedash' in any thread, start arguing about it.

jdironfist

Smash Cadet
I don't see why all of you are fretting over wavedashing. Up until not even a year ago I didn't even know what it was, and I really have no idea how to do it, nor do I care to. If you aren't able to do it in the game, you will still all be able to compete in tournaments, you just won't have the cheap luxury of this infamous "wavedashing."

So if you don't see why anyone frets over wavedashing, why are you commenting on it? You already said you don't know the reason, and seeing as how you don't use wavedashing, I don't really think you are qualified to talk about its importance.

As a side note, I was voicing a possibility for a "nerfing" of the wavedash, so if you are talking to me about fretting, don't worry. I'm not.

And please, by all means, have fun smashing without wavedashing. Wavedashing won't make you a pro, but it does add to the strategy of the game. Saying "I won't wavedash because I'm having fun without wavedashing" is like a chess player saying "I won't ever Queen a pawn because it's really cheap, and I have fun playing anyway." That's just nonsense. Why ignore something that can potentially deepen your strategies and make you into a better player?

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
Yes! Zeldas bairs' confirmed. I find it funny that in the pics Samus runs off, and Zelda goes after him, the bairs him. Samus is a chicken.

Empy

Smash Ace
Zoetermeer, The Netherlands (it ain't much, if it
Honestly, though, Giga Bowser was a good idea in general. The idea itself is classic, hearkening back to the good old days of the original Power Rangers and Rita Repulsa (actually, earlier than that, but whatever).
OMG, you haven't just compared today's great update with the Power Rangers? SSBB and the Power Rangers are on the other side of the world..... I utterly, deeply, hate, anything related to the Power Rangers.

On-topic: It is very cool to control giga bowser without AR and he looks even more evil then before, espesially in the third picture.

The Franchise

Smash Journeyman
.....no way

GigaBowser as a final smash is insane. I was freaked the first time he transformed into that during Melee and he looks even more unstoppable now. Pure genious.

So far updates for this week have been pretty good with new info. Here's hoping they stay that way for the next two days.

jdironfist

Smash Cadet
OMG, you haven't just compared today's great update with the Power Rangers? SSBB and the Power Rangers are on the other side of the world..... I utterly, deeply, hate, anything related to the Power Rangers.

On-topic: It is very cool to control giga bowser without AR and he looks even more evil then before, espesially in the third picture.
Power Rangers rock hard, punk.

Actually, the crap they have on now is no good. I'm talking the ORIGINAL series, with the evil Green Ranger, Zordon, and Megazord. This was early '90's.

You're unbanned!

Have you been able to scrape together the funds to go to E3?
Actually,my cash distribution has been pretty frantic.

For one,I went to Anime Expo 2007,and I have also made preperations towards going to OC3 this year.And I had to just help pay for the electric bill at my house.

And another thing,Brawl WILL NOT be playable at this years E3,which makes less of a reason for me to go.Even though I want to play alot of new games,this was like a stab in the back for me.

I really think that i'm not going.I'm going to sell me badge when I get it though.

jdironfist

Smash Cadet
Actually,my cash distribution has been pretty frantic.

For one,I went to Anime Expo 2007,and I have also made preperations towards going to OC3 this year.And I had to just help pay for the electric bill at my house.

And another thing,Brawl WILL NOT be playable at this years E3,which makes less of a reason for me to go.Even though I want to play alot of new games,this was like a stab in the back for me.

I really think that i'm not going.I'm going to sell me badge when I get it though.
Some of the stuff you're doing sounds pretty sweet. I guess the only downside to doing sweet things is that they eat money and other resources.

Even if Brawl isn't playable at E3 doesn't mean there won't be anything good, though. Galaxy will almost certainly be there, as will Corruption, the new Pokémon game, along with any games they want to introduce for the next year. And that just the Wii. PS3 (although WAY too expensive) is beginning to get rolling, and the 360 has some quality titles working their way through production.

I guess all this doesn't matter if you don't have the cash. But if you do, E3 has more than just Brawl. Come to think of it, how do you know they won't have a playable demo? Obviously, if they don't, they don't, but who says they won't? Is that official info?

Drascin

Smash Journeyman
I guess all this doesn't matter if you don't have the cash. But if you do, E3 has more than just Brawl. Come to think of it, how do you know they won't have a playable demo? Obviously, if they don't, they don't, but who says they won't? Is that official info?
Yup, Nintendo themselves said so. There isn't going to be a playable demo of Brawl in E3. The most popular theory is that, since tweaking four control schemes has to be pretty hard, the controls are still in the polishing phase, and Ninty prefers to not have bad reviews due to that. But who knows.

Back on topic... HOLY FRIGGING HELL! Giga Bowser, playable?! Ok, Bowser's FS officially rocks. I didn't like playing Bowser, but in Brawl I might do it from time to time to be able to do that.

Celsco

Smash Apprentice
You see, you all Finally noticed! I told ya all before, bowsers FF was the transformation. There's a high chance now for Ganondorf's FF to be Ganon (the boar). Just imagine how freaking awesome it would be 2 have a battle between Ganon and Mega Bowser, just epic!

Some of the stuff you're doing sounds pretty sweet. I guess the only downside to doing sweet things is that they eat money and other resources.

Even if Brawl isn't playable at E3 doesn't mean there won't be anything good, though. Galaxy will almost certainly be there, as will Corruption, the new Pokémon game, along with any games they want to introduce for the next year. And that just the Wii. PS3 (although WAY too expensive) is beginning to get rolling, and the 360 has some quality titles working their way through production.

I know,but I still don't want to go because of the inconveniance.

I already played Galaxy,Corruption,Battle Revolution at last years E3,any other games they are going to release,I can wait for them.Even if they did have some new Nintendo titles,I can still w ait for them.

I know that there are tons of games out there to play,but if you only knew how extravagent the last years E3 was,you wouldn't even bother with this one.This years E3 isn't going to be the one you have looked forward to,just a huge pain in the ***.

Last year I spent about 15$ in total,and I got to play games,play in tournaments,meet great people,get free stuff,take pictures with loosely clad women.E3 is just going to have the games,and not that much time for them to be played(Look at the schedual for E3).

Along with Brawl,I can wait for those games to come out.

Wiwiweb

Smash Journeyman
But wait, in that case, what is going to be the boss of Adventure mode ?

*More enigmatic questions!*

I think it increases the chances of custom bosses for each character.

Drik Khaail

Smash Ace
hoo-freaking-yeah. only one way to describe it. I've seen a suggestion that be his BACON, but figured it would be some kinda friggin' huge fire blast. nice.

NukeA6

Smash Master
And I thought the Final Smashes would all be attacks.

Well, it's good to see Giga Bowser again. May he tear foxes apart.

Red Exodus

Smash Master

Last time I checked no one was fretting, but since you brought it up I'll fill you in.

Think of SSBM as a big pie [chart]. Now the casual version of this pie contains rolling, spot dodging and air dodging [basic smash]. You can even it has items and FFAs in any mode on any stage.

Now the competitive version contains rules which means certain techniques like ICs freeze glitch and wobbling are being viewed as cheap and are being banned in most tournaments, other rules ban stages and all items. Now those are a few slices of the competitive pie. Techniques make up most of the competitive pie, techniques such as moonwalking, SHFFLing, L canceling [still deserves mentioning, not everyone who can L cancel can shffl], pivoting, dashing dashing, ledge hopping, jump canceling and a whole host of character specific moves. Taking out any of these will reduce the quality of the pie.

Now each technique has it's use and some work cohesively such as dash dash to a shffled aerial when your opponent is thrown off. But wavedashing is like rolling, only infinitely better and has implications only limited to one's imagination. Anyway, my point is, it gives you options. The less techniques, the less options available and the less options available the more predictable you become, the more predictable you become the more matches become the same, the more matches become the same the more the game gets boring.

Here's another example: Metal Gear Solid [3]. I played this game over 3 times so far because it's so fun to dispatch guards and bosses. You can take the stealthy approach and tranq everyone along the way, you can go wild and gun down everything in sight or you can experiment with CQC and it's many uses [interrogation, silent kills, human shields and silent knockouts].

The game would not be nearly as fun if you had one way of doing things which is why people like to have room to experiment and go free form and that's why WDing is hyped so much, because it allows freedom on movement in any direction while facing any direction.

Yes! Zeldas bairs' confirmed. I find it funny that in the pics Samus runs off, and Zelda goes after him, the bairs him. Samus is a chicken.
Samus is a she...

So if you don't see why anyone frets over wavedashing, why are you commenting on it? You already said you don't know the reason, and seeing as how you don't use wavedashing, I don't really think you are qualified to talk about its importance.

As a side note, I was voicing a possibility for a "nerfing" of the wavedash, so if you are talking to me about fretting, don't worry. I'm not.

And please, by all means, have fun smashing without wavedashing. Wavedashing won't make you a pro, but it does add to the strategy of the game. Saying "I won't wavedash because I'm having fun without wavedashing" is like a chess player saying "I won't ever Queen a pawn because it's really cheap, and I have fun playing anyway." That's just nonsense. Why ignore something that can potentially deepen your strategies and make you into a better player?
Well put.

You see, you all Finally noticed! I told ya all before, bowsers FF was the transformation. There's a high chance now for Ganondorf's FF to be Ganon (the boar). Just imagine how freaking awesome it would be 2 have a battle between Ganon and Mega Bowser, just epic!
No, not really. The difference between Bowser/Giga Bowser and Ganondorf/Ganon is that Giga Bowser was in melee while Ganon wasn't. I don't think Ganon's chances are any higher than before.

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
Great,now I wish I would have staid up for the update. Giga Bowser looks like badass incarnate right now. You know,someone on the boards mentioned yesterday that GB was going to be Bowser's final smash,and I blew him off! With Bowser's new look,new "flavor",and this Giga Bowser thing,I think its safe to say that Bowser will be the king of the top tier!

Celsco

Smash Apprentice
No, not really. The difference between Bowser/Giga Bowser and Ganondorf/Ganon is that Giga Bowser was in melee while Ganon wasn't. I don't think Ganon's chances are any higher than before.
Really, then what else could be his FS-attack? Just think of it...Ow yeah, he could do a sword attack whoohoo how original... I'll say just wait, you'll see. Just like you all did when i claimed that bowsers FS might be GIGA bowser and all of you saw me as an idiot, guess what bowser's FS is? Hell yeah, it's GIGA-bowser! Pwned!

PS: IF ganon is ganondorfs FS, he'll be the last one that has a transform-FS i guess...

givequicheachance

Smash Cadet
More importantly, Giga-Bowser can be a Bowser clone and doesn't need a new moveset, whereas TP Ganondorf and TP Ganon are so different it would mean an entirely new set of normals (and specials most likely) just for a Final Smash. I expect Ganondorf's final smash will have him transform, but just do an automated move, not be controllable like Giga-Bowser.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom