• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
Holy crap.

And to think earlier today I said jokingly to a friend: "maybe they'll just give him Giga Bowser as his Final Smash."

... I should have recorded that conversation.

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
owwwwwwwwwwwwwnage

my favorite part is when sakurai made fun of sheik players (you can't needle him off balance lol)

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
GIGA BOWSER CONFIRMED FOR BRAWL!
*shot*
Yes, this is the best Final Smash yet.
I can't imagine any topping this in overall awesomeness.

Blackadder

Smash Master
Well,this is a turn out for the awsome.
SO whats this about him being near-invincible?
Does this mean he won't be in adventure mode anymore?

Who knows.
But this is incredible.

Florida

イーグランツ
And its...
Bowsers final Smash!!
Do you say this just to be the first to announce what the updat is?
Anyways, it's odd how I was never expecting that to be his Final Smash, yet it fits so perfectly. I was thinking somewhere around the lines of invincibility... so it still counts? xD

Mario's doing his air dodge.
Z0mg wav3dash confirmed.
Also in the picture above, it was hilarious to see Giga's psychotic and raging face, as a happy smile daisy is to the right of him... haha, pure genius Sakurai!

Edit: Ironfist and a few others beat me to the air dodge notice.

Black/Light

Smash Master
. . . .Wow, and I thought Mario's FS was coo a whole year ago.

It's official, I think Bowser's and Pika's FS attacks are WAY better than Mario's and Link's.

Thats like. . . .d***, makes me wonder what else Sakurai has done.

TakDragon7

Smash Lord
Heatwave City, where air conditioners dont do jack
Well,this is a turn out for the awsome.
SO whats this about him being near-invincible?
Does this mean he won't be in adventure mode anymore?

Who knows.
But this is incredible.
I think that he will still be playable and he will be able to use his final smash. This is a uber uber uber uber uber uber uber uber pwnage update. lol

Blackadder

Smash Master
I can finaly get a word in!
To everyone saying that wavedash is confiremd simpky becuase of the airdoge, Sakurai could easily just tweak it so wavedash won't be usable.

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
I wasn't expecting Bowser to turn into Giga Bowser for a Final Smash... I mean it's okay in all, but Giga Bowser is something they made up in Melee, I was hoping for a more classic Final Smash, like maybe his poisonous gas from Super Mario RPG or riding around in his famed clown hovercar and tossing traps and/or explosives.

jdironfist

Smash Cadet
If airdodging is confirmed, then there's a good chance wavedashing will be in Brawl. xD
So the real question to ask is how useful it will be. They could make everyone's wavedash as small or smaller than Falcon's, and make rolling a much better option. It wouldn't be too hard to modify characters' friction after air dodging in order to create this tiny wavedash, and that would have the added bonus of not messing with characters' normal friction.

I'm betting that wavedashing will be (if it's in Brawl at all) very unhelpful.

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
Giga Bowser looks intensely intimidating. More that more that... I mean, naturally a Smash Ball can bring on a transformation... Are there some Final Smashes that are automatical rather than 'portable'?

He he, I'll keep thinking that.

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
sakurai quote "What, you think just because he’s huge, you can needle him with lots of little attacks and keep him off balance? Heh heh... Yeah, you keep thinking that." quote of the day

even sakurai has a sarcastic dark side also it shows how sakurai knows the mind of gamers i think that the characters balancing will include stun resistence to weak attacks and etc

jdironfist

Smash Cadet
I wasn't expecting Bowser to turn into Giga Bowser for a Final Smash... I mean it's okay in all, but Giga Bowser is something they made up in Melee, I was hoping for a more classic Final Smash, like maybe his poisonous gas from Super Mario RPG or riding around in his famed clown hovercar and tossing traps and/or explosives.
Anything taken from Melee is classic.

Honestly, though, Giga Bowser was a good idea in general. The idea itself is classic, hearkening back to the good old days of the original Power Rangers and Rita Repulsa (actually, earlier than that, but whatever). I wouldn't be too surprised if Giga Bowser makes an appearance in Galaxy, assuming Bowser is going to be the main bad guy.

Kelexo

Smash Journeyman
"What, you think just because he’s huge, you can needle him with lots of little attacks and keep him off balance? Heh heh... Yeah, you keep thinking that."

"He must be invincible!"

I'm seriously doubting he'll be completely invulnerable to attacks, but I'm thinking he won't flinch to attacks (Think Fox's Laser in Melee), and possibly take less damage.

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
also to add to giga bowser's defence bowser has shown numerous incidents of turning huge for a desperate attempt to win examples include paper mario and mario party 5

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
I don't see why all of you are fretting over wavedashing. Up until not even a year ago I didn't even know what it was, and I really have no idea how to do it, nor do I care to. If you aren't able to do it in the game, you will still all be able to compete in tournaments, you just won't have the cheap luxury of this infamous "wavedashing."

And guess what? I still have fun playing Smash, without knowing how to do it.

Kelexo

Smash Journeyman
I don't see why all of you are fretting over wavedashing. Up until not even a year ago I didn't even know what it was, and I really have no idea how to do it, nor do I care to. If you aren't able to do it in the game, you will still all be able to compete in tournaments, you just won't have the cheap luxury of this infamous "wavedashing."

And guess what? I still have fun playing Smash, without knowing how to do it.
welcome to the club. if there are people willing to IGNORE the game because of no wavedashing, its probably not going to be easy to convince these people :/

Black/Light

Smash Master
. . . .Pika air dodged in like one of the first pics so IDK why everyone acts like it JUST got confirmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom