• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snakz

Smash Ace
If my theory is correct (which i doubt it is), there should be a music update tommorrow.

But on top of Sakurai being completely unpredictable, we havent seen a new stage for a while so we might get that instead.

Edit: Actually i miss counted, we still got one more day before i can see if my theory is right.

Sandy

Smash Champion
Eh, I personally love Bowser's design. He looks more Mario-ish, IMO. Looking back, it seems that Bowser's model was more...waxy? Plasticy?

It's funny, because back in 2001, I was amazed by the character models for Melee, since they were a HUGE improvement from SSB64. However, I'm wowed by the models in this game, as they are a HUGE improvement from Melee.

Giga Bowser is great for a final smash, maybe Ganondorf's will be a transformation also into Ganon. From Twilight Princess where he runs at you through those portals.

EDIT: L33t post count!

Dragonboy2k4

Smash Ace
Air dodging DOES NOT confirm wavedashing.
Err? I never said it did,but wavedashing DOES involve the use of the air dodge into the ground at an angle.I already beat you to that example on how they can get rid of it(check around 40-60 pages ago). :) Give the ground the same property as the wall,then boom,youll have a floating Fox trying to be Neo(The Matrix) while Mario is tapping his feet charging up a smash at the same time. :)

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
It really doesn't matter if they can or can't fix wavedashing. The better question is 'WILL they fix it'?

I'm thinking no.

Also, wavedashing isn't a glitch. It's just not. It's a game mechanic and people found a way to use it differently. There is absolutely nothing about it that is an error in the coding or physics.

Anyways, why won't they get rid of wavedashing? It's a competative technique that provides you with a slight edge. Every good multiplayer game in exsistance has these techniques... Dodging in UT, quickly switching weapons during the relod of your sniper rifle in CS, cliffing in Starcraft... there's all kinds of little quirks about a game that people will manipulate, that aren't glitches, but clever reinterpretations of the move's use - and are perfectly within the bounds of the game itself.

Another thing about it is that everyone has an opportunity to use it. There's no one out there that couldn't do it if they practice.

And lastly, it's really not THAT great. It's main use is for the metagame.

baheffron

Smash Apprentice
That would be so cool if Ganondorf changed to Ganon from OoT. These final smash things look like they will be fun to have in friendly 4 player free for alls.

THK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRedKirby
3DS FC
1005-9416-8042
Re: Wavedashing. Matters not to me, if it's in, I'll use it, if it's not, I won't.

All in all my biggest interest is in how different it'll play, how different it'll feel. I'm five times as excited for this than I was for Melee.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
That would be so cool if Ganondorf changed to Ganon from OoT. These final smash things look like they will be fun to have in friendly 4 player free for alls.
that's what i'm hoping, but not ocarina ganon. i'd think they'd use twilight princess ganon.

but the final smashes look like fun. can't wait to see them all

Oni Shinigami

Smash Journeyman
And lastly, it's really not THAT great. It's main use is for the metagame.
Wavedashing is amazing; if used by the right player.

Wavedashing and ledge sliding are pro tools used for spacing and precise timing on attacks and evasions. Mind games etc. Think of a character like Luigi or IceClimbers; wave dashing puts them in a whole never level of speed then they are at default.

If Wave dashing were to leave it would leave a huge gap in the mind game and spacing aspect of the Smash Bros Franchise; if it's not broken, don't fix it imo.

Giga Bowser looks broken.

I doubt Final Smashes will be tournament legal.

Perhaps they can include Final Smash balls in Items tournaments.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Im late but gotta say: **** YES!

Absolutely awesome, I always tought Giga bowser as a final for bwser would be cool, and no its reality, and holy **** does Giga look awesome! Gota say the most threatening and most awesome looking boss Ive ever seen...

Also can anyone say Ganon as Final for ganondorf? XD

(Again I know im late, but hey im just freakin excited!)

Fawriel

Smash Master
Graaaaah.
Ganondorf transforming into Ganon is unlikely.

1) Transforming baddies would get old quickly.
2) Ganon probably has a completely different build from Ganondorf himself, thus it would be impossible to just make it a huge "clone" of his. Giant model + moveset + etc. = too much work for a single move
3) For Ganondorf it would be enough if he took some aspirin, got rid of that grogginess and started battling seriously.
"Man, I needed that... now where was I again? Oh yeah."
*crushes Falcon's head in his hand*
"Stop copying me."

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
It does look broken since it indicates that there's little to no knockback on Bowser while in the Giga state.
Half the items in the game are broken. That's why we ban items in tournaments.

Graaaaah.
"Man, I needed that... now where was I again? Oh yeah."
*crushes Falcon's head in his hand* *Tries to crush Falcon's head in his hand, but fails due to the testosterone barrier created by Captain Falcon's manliness*
"YEHS!!!11"
While I did lol when I read that, it had a horrible error. I fixed it in the quote :p .
Sorry, I play Falcon; it's what we do

Fawriel

Smash Master
Hehe. That's alright. I was kinda traumatized by Captain Falcon in my n00by days ( which aren't long in the past ), and I just hated him as a result. But I guess I'm starting to understand WHAT people seem to like about him.

... err, what?
No.

No, Falcon! Get away - get AWAY from my - AGH! *flees*

*a "YEHS!" can be heard echoing somewhere in the distance*

Florida

イーグランツ
I think Ganondorf's TP design looks too much like a monkey. I liked his Melee look, they did well on him I thought. As for Ganondorf's Final Smash transforming into Ganon, I thought it would happen, but Fawriel kind of left me thinking about it.

Fawriel said:
Graaaaah.
Ganondorf transforming into Ganon is unlikely.

1) Transforming baddies would get old quickly.
2) Ganon probably has a completely different build from Ganondorf himself, thus it would be impossible to just make it a huge "clone" of his. Giant model + moveset + etc. = too much work for a single move
3) For Ganondorf it would be enough if he took some aspirin, got rid of that grogginess and started battling seriously.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Dude the WW look is way fatter, and he doesnt look as fat in the game, the armor is sweet, and looks more threathing IMO...

Anyway were gettin the TP desgin, check link and zelda, so I win at the end XD

Florida

イーグランツ
Dude the WW look is way fatter, and he doesnt look as fat in the game, the armor is sweet, and looks more threathing IMO...

Anyway were gettin the TP desgin, check link and zelda, so I win at the end XD
Agreed that the Wind Waker Ganondorf is much worse than the Twilight Princess version:

I just don't like how they made his face look all scrunched up.
But, it seems like we are indeed getting the TP design for Brawl. Unless the developers decide to please me, and add their own little detail from the neck up (for the better).

Hey, since GigaBowser is on, What about Ganon? If they dont, someone's gonna bleed...
I wouldn't mind Ganondorf's Final Smash being a transformation, but after that, it should end. The final smashes should have originality, and if too many characters end up having a transformation from their final smashes, it'll end up being too boring.

Though, I still have my thoughts whether or not Ganon will be the end result of Ganondorf's Final Smash (curse that Fawriel).

Snakz

Smash Ace
^Agreed, two characters transforming for a final smash is plenty, anymore transformations is overkill.

Besides, i can't see Ganondorf's final smash being anything else.

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
A Ganon transformation would be impressive, but I'd be more for him riding on his horse (it would be a nod to Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess.) He could create the black hole and suck in opponents... any other ideas?

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
I don't think a Ganon Final is that likely to be honest. With Giga Bowser, he's just a bigger, badder, meaner version of Bowser, but most of Ganon's forms are much more distorted from Ganondorfs figure (especially if we are looking at the TP model of Ganondorf, which is the likeliest, who practically transforms into a different species). I don't think they are going to make a whole new moveset for a character you are only going to play for about minute each match, which I feel most forms of Ganon would need.

And honestly, they shouldn't overkill transformation Finals, and if Sonic gets in, I feel he needs Super Sonic more than Ganondorf needs Ganon (though Super Sonic would probably work a bit like a mix between Giga Bowser and Volt tackle)

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
Mmm.. You see I like the Ww Ganon, the Tp one is still good, because he's like a sick warrior. In Ww he's more of a powerfull magician. The boss who's too good to fight right now, so he sends his right hand men. Then at the end (that last fight is mush better then the Tp) he got two swords.

Im sorry if I went on with my self.

Florida

イーグランツ
I don't think a Ganon Final is that likely to be honest. With Giga Bowser, he's just a bigger, badder, meaner version of Bowser, but most of Ganon's forms are much more distorted from Ganondorfs figure (especially if we are looking at the TP model of Ganondorf, which is the likeliest, who practically transforms into a different species). I don't think they are going to make a whole new moveset for a character you are only going to play for about minute each match, which I feel most forms of Ganon would need.

And honestly, they shouldn't overkill transformation Finals, and if Sonic gets in, I feel he needs Super Sonic more than Ganondorf needs Ganon (though Super Sonic would probably work a bit like a mix between Giga Bowser and Volt tackle)
I haven't even thought about Sonic's Super Sonic transformation. I agree, that is much more needed than Ganon's.

Mmm.. You see I like the Ww Ganon, the Tp one is still good, because he's like a sick warrior. In Ww he's more of a powerfull magician. The boss who's too good to fight right now, so he sends his right hand men. Then at the end (that last fight is mush better then the Tp) he got two swords.

Im sorry if I went on with my self.
More like a lazy bloated sorceror. That's a horrible design for him. As for the Twilight Princess, he looks like a scrunched pup. I can always find something wrong...

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
Remember the black hole Ganondorf would come out of before he would attack Link? I think Ganondorf should be able to control that and move it with his sword (or mind) and suck opponents into it, causing an instant KO (to balance it, I think it could just be a little hard to control, like Ness' PK Flash.)

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
More like a lazy bloated sorceror. That's a horrible design for him. As for the Twilight Princess, he looks like a scrunched pup. I can always find something wrong...
More like a lazy bloated sorceror, you say. It's not that, it's just that he knows he can beat Link (I know he can), he's so cool in Ww. When you are fighting him at the end he just laugh at you. He doesn't need to move with all the guards he has. Nintendo had to put him back a bit, because if he goes all out, he WILL kill you.

Link only win because of Zelda. :p lol

greenblob

Smash Lord
Well, I don't think that TP Zelda and Brawl Zelda are that similar in appearance. I can tell that the inspiration came from TP, but their appearances are far from alike.

KoF Link926

Smash Apprentice
Well, I don't think that TP Zelda and Brawl Zelda are that similar in appearance. I can tell that the inspiration came from TP, but their appearances are far from alike.
I wouldn't say far from alike, but not completely the same. They just changed a few things, like her hair color a little and other things.

Rash

Smash Ace
Some people like to say TP Zelda had blonde hair, but I just don't see it. To me, it looked dirty-blonde to brownish with highlights. If anything, her hair was edging more towards brown than anything else, so Sakurai just made sure to take the dominant color and have her hair completely changed that way for Brawl. You can pretty much say the only things missing are the highlights.

That said, I'm glad Sakurai made this choice. I actually prefer brunette Zelda over blonde.

Blackadder

Smash Master
With Ganon I'm hoping that make his arms and legs a bit more to scale.

In TP i've been told (and seen from pictures) they look a tad ********.

Grimwolf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Grimwolff
fox's final smash should be a gigantic shine that hits over and over for like 30 seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom