• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluethree

Smash Journeyman
The site updated at 2:50 am eastern last night and there's a fairly good chance that's when it'll continue to update.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
ethan, the site launched a little before 2am Central time. I don't know why you keep saying 10. Count from 2am to wherever your time zone is, and figure it out.

That said, there is no guarantee that it will update at the same time. In fact there's no guarantee that it will update AT ALL.

Just wanted to make that clear.

*EDIT* I know that the site says "Daily Weekday updates!," but Nintendo also said that Brawl would be a launch game. I'm just saying, don't get your hopes up.

hellsoldierx15

Smash Journeyman
ethan, the site launched a little before 2am Central time. I don't know why you keep saying 10. Count from 2am to wherever your time zone is, and figure it out.

That said, there is no guarantee that it will update at the same time. In fact there's no guarantee that it will update AT ALL.

*EDIT* I know that the site says "Daily Weekday updates!," but Nintendo also said that Brawl would be a launch game. I'm just saying, don't get your hopes up.
while you are right, i think there will still be an update. its 11:02pm EST, so ill stay up for another hour or so (finals to study for anyway) and if its not updated, ill just go to bed, wake up around 5am and check.

*goes and listens to menu 1 theme*

Kirye

Smash Ace
Looks like there might be alot more complaining soon. ;x
Hopefully, people expected to not get an update too soon.
Btw, nice Office Space gif. Haha
Eh, i'll just check it out tomorrow morning before I go out. It probably won't update until 11 PM, and as much as I love Brawl news (Hell, I even added Menu 1 into my iPod), I don't feel like staying up later than I have to.

It'll probably be news about the characters we know about, or about the other stages, so don't keep your hopes up too high guys!

hellsoldierx15

Smash Journeyman
Eh, i'll just check it out tomorrow morning before I go out. It probably won't update until 11 PM, and as much as I love Brawl news (Hell, I even added Menu 1 into my iPod), I don't feel like staying up later than I have to.

It'll probably be news about the characters we know about, or about the other stages, so don't keep your hopes up too high guys!
what you say is true, but we didn't know about the time changes in stages, icons, and music. oh there is just so much more left...:chuckle:

Kirye

Smash Ace
what you say is true, but we didn't know about the time changes in stages, icons, and music. oh there is just so much more left...:chuckle:
Well, it's not to say i'm not excited about the news. I have the urge to just not look at the site for a week, and then see all the new stuff altogether on the weekend.. But I know I wouldn't be able to bear it.

It's like waiting every wednesday for the new episode of Bleach or Death Note, even though they always leave it to be continued and the eps are so short.. Curiousity sucks.

But enough of that, who's hoping for at least a new song? :D

Keta

Smash Journeyman
No Naruto? :(

I can't wait for some music. Oh, man. It holds such amazing potential. So many great musicians. I wonder why no Nobou, though? :(

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
That's alot of grouchy people.

Oh ****..

WE MIGHT CAUSE WORLD WAR 3!!!
Not really, but all the sleep lost is well worth the wait. I lost sleep, went to bed at 2 AM, and went to school feeling better than I would have if I went to bed at a way earlier time. Sure there are those who complained like there was nothing updated, but the musical score is going to totally own all other musical scores. Hopefully a lot of the stages have orchestrated music, because that would be pretty sick! :) :cool: ;)

Devastlian

Smash Lord

Ya but saying something that's perfectly feasible will happen tomorrow and it not happening is different than saying something that's still up in the air and undecided will happen a year and a half later and it not happening. We'll just have to see in 3 or so hours. We shouldn't get mad if they miss a day, though.

hellsoldierx15

Smash Journeyman
Well, it's not to say i'm not excited about the news. I have the urge to just not look at the site for a week, and then see all the new stuff altogether on the weekend.. But I know I wouldn't be able to bear it.

It's like waiting every wednesday for the new episode of Bleach or Death Note, even though they always leave it to be continued and the eps are so short.. Curiousity sucks.

But enough of that, who's hoping for at least a new song? :D
are you like my identical twin or something? i HATE having to wait every wednseday for bleach and then watching the semi-good bleach dub on sat. put together waiting for brawl and bleach all the time...it can be ***** :p

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
"Alright, I'm going to bed now, and when I wake up I'm expecting new info on smashbros. They better live up to my expectations."

WOW, that's pretty bold and immature to say, don't you think?
They're your expectations--deal with them. Nintendo made no promises.
Be grateful that Sakurai is doing something very rare because he knows how much the fans care.

Anyway, I've been doing some thinking...
This is rough estimating, but...

All right, so he's supposed to update the blog every weekday, right?
Let's figure the game comes out in late November. So we're talking 6 months; 4 weeks in a month; 5 days in a week.
6 * 4 * 5 = 120

So we estimate there's about 120 blog posts until the comes out--assuming it comes out at the end of November. Bear in mind, this is if Sakurai posts ones per weekday and the game comes out this time in November.

Now, let's take a look at Melee:

32 items
29 stages
25 characters

So let's round it up to:
32 items
30 stages
30 characters (though there very well may be more than that)

I'm not even gonna try to count game modes.

So we're talking about 90 different elements right there. Roughly speaking.
Nevermind rules, game modes, and music.

Is it just me, or would Sakurai have to post something substantial pretty much every day?
Suffice it to say that I believe that if Sakurai sticks to those "icon" categories, he could certainly post 5 times a week and milk the entire game for all it's worth for some while to come.

I personally delight at the prospect of seeing what's new every weekday.

I wonder what will crop up tomorrow?

Kirye

Smash Ace
@Keta: I don't like Naruto. XD And as for Nobuo, I suppose he's only composing that one song. o.O Or it's an imcomplete list.

@John: I didn't mind the update. The song was enough for me. XD

@Hell: I could be, I do remember cloning myself once. Or I was watching TV. I get those two confused alot. And the dubs suck. >< Who thought of using Vash's voice for Ichigo? D:

@Destiny: I never thought of it that way. o.o That's a very interesting theory, got my hopes up a little too. XD

Keta

Smash Journeyman
I don't like Naruto. XD And as for Nobuo, I suppose he's only composing that one song. o.O Or it's an imcomplete list.
Oh, man. Naruto is amazing imo... but oh well. I guess that song was specifically for introducing the game to the public then. Not actually in the game. I was excited to hear Nobou working with this. Oh, well again. I'm more than satisfied withi this list, though. I think this is all there will be. There's already sooo many. Haha

hellsoldierx15

Smash Journeyman
@Hell: I could be, I do remember cloning myself once. Or I was watching TV. I get those two confused alot. And the dubs suck. >< Who thought of using Vash's voice for Ichigo? D:
sadly, i think he is the best VA in the series, with Uryu's VA as a strong second. Byakuya's VA is terrible...i can't get over it. Gin's VA totally lost the whole mischieviousness of Gin. overall, not the best anime, so i live with dattebayo.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I wouldn't stay up for the update, it came out like 3:00 in the morning today/yesterday, that is definitely not worth it. I'm saying home from school to study 2 days in a row so I don't need to go to bed early but it's easier to past time sleeping than clicking a refresh button.

mastr0fmyd0main3

Smash Journeyman
"Alright, I'm going to bed now, and when I wake up I'm expecting new info on smashbros. They better live up to my expectations."

WOW, that's pretty bold and immature to say, don't you think?
They're your expectations--deal with them. Nintendo made no promises.
Be grateful that Sakurai is doing something very rare because he knows how much the fans care.
God you whine a lot about other people. Quit calling everyone immature.

Kirye

Smash Ace
Eeeh, I need something to kill time with. ><

Got kinda bored of RO for the night, no one to melee with, and too tired to DDR, but not tired enough to sleep. D=

I need to get one of them "life" things. Anyone selling?

And Sakurai, just release screenshots with Marth in them saying he's confirmed for Brawl and I will be good for the next month! D=

6th Sense

Smash Lord
http://www.nintendo.com/home

look. "The Official Smash Brothers Brawl site is updated every weekday. Have you seen the latest news?"

that might shed some light on nintendos will to actually update it every weekday.
really hoping 4 Sonic, Megaman, and Marth even though i doubt they'll release char's any time soon:urg:

i actually didnt mean to quote you, but it works :)

hellsoldierx15

Smash Journeyman
really hoping 4 Sonic, Megaman, and Marth even though i doubt they'll release char's any time soon:urg:
yea it seems that way. but, nintendo power has had monthly brawl profiles about all the confirmed characters, so i think sakurai will put all the bios about the confirmed characters all at once, along with other updates.

Samus Syndrome

Smash Apprentice
I just saw something strange on smashbros.com

Remember on the how to play screen how it said Smash ABC?

Now it says Smash 101.

Not sure if it means anything just thought it was interesting.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Maybe they thought smash ABC implied they were going from A to Z. Either way it's all good.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I seem to remember reading somewhere that all songs would be.

EDIT: Bleach is about to get crazy imo. >.>
On the official Brawl site it said that each musician will be doing some of their favorite works, and that probably means remix orchestrated music from our favorite classics. ;)

@ Kirye
Same here...the Melee menu song rocks, add that list of what was it 30+ musicans and you get the picture! ;)

Man, I got a good feeling we'll get juicy news soon...then again I had that last night! :laugh: Then again, I was pleased with that as well, so I don't see why this or next time around will be any diffrent. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom