• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What type of Smasher are You?

dualseeker

Smash Ace
Pit: One of the greatest Heroes of our time
Lol wow, that was beautiful... I never before understood the so many different smash ways :3 I was casual, but moved on to competitive kind of... But mai friend remains casual, yet I can't beat him... it's interesting really
If you want to beat them, just learn some ATs and implement them into your strategy. Just keep practiceing and you'll be able to beat them.

I know I drew the line at “I must play Kirby.” For me, it was all about Kirby, and I didn’t care about any other character.
You speak the truth, good sir. Heheh...

I'm definitely competitive; I can't exactly call myself pro, since, again, I LIVE IN THE WASTELAND KNOWN AS VIRGINIA. You know how many big tournaments there are here each year? Zero. Small tournaments? One, if I'm lucky; even then, it's probably somewhere on the other side of the state.

GTA_Hater_331

Smash Journeyman
I describe myself as 80% casual, 18% hardcore, and 2% competitive. I have that secret desire to play in a competition or tournament, but I just don't want to upgrade to the metagame.

99nights

I am definitely Casual. To the core. Every once in a while I like having one or two competitive matches, but either way I'm still laughing at the end. :D

InfernoAce

Smash Cadet
I'm Hardcore and Slightly Competitive.

I'm loyal to all my games. As long as they rock, I'll rock with them. I'm slightly competitive in the fact that don't use Brawl as a boredom activity, but I don't play it all day, either.

Yunior597

Smash Journeyman
Well ill be honest, i just want to be better, i just want to defeat strong players, i just want to win tournaments. and i just want to proof i can be a pro smasher, that is my dream.:)

powell651234

Smash Apprentice
casual-competitive...

I play mostly for fun, but I like getting better...and study the game a little bit.

I don't play with items, but I never get upset when I lose....well, very rarely get upset.

Victawr

Smash Cadet
Casual/Competetive

I go to tourneys and things, but I hardly ever take it seriously because I know I'll get my *** kicked 80% of the time. I'm usually the only one laughing and smiling at the end of a tourney game after I get beat hard by someone who used Fox against Zelda, claiming "I just kicked your ****ing ***!" as if they accomplished something great by beating me.

Limeee

Smash Champion
competetive, i am not very good yet but i'm working on it and i still have many years ahead of me in my smash career ( i am a young guy, 13)

Meta-Knight

Smash Journeyman
I'm an occasional Smasher; I only play when my brother is off work, which is two days a week. Whenever I play though, he usually kicks my *** with Mr. Game and Watch.....who I hate to death. Is it me or is Game and Watch cheap? Then again, whenever I choose my main Yoshi, I end up kicking his *** as well lol.

Holy crap, it feels weird to be back; must've been on a two-year hiatus or so. :psycho:

Rudementry

Smash Journeyman
I'm an occasional Smasher; I only play when my brother is off work, which is two days a week. Whenever I play though, he usually kicks my *** with Mr. Game and Watch.....who I hate to death. Is it me or is Game and Watch cheap? Then again, whenever I choose my main Yoshi, I end up kicking his *** as well lol.

Holy crap, it feels weird to be back; must've been on a two-year hiatus or so. :psycho:
What? no....

BANNED.

Rudementry

Smash Journeyman
Umm...no, I wasn't banned. I quit going on this site the very day I got my copy of Brawl on release day. Being so distracted with the game for many weeks made me almost completely forget about the site lol.
Lol I was referring to your name.

Jiggypoof

Smash Rookie
Too scared to enter tournaments but I have enough confidence that I think I will do good.
Too poor for the Wii so I specialize in Melee.

Trojan Donkey

Smash Cadet
I'm not so sure but i think myself as a Casual-Competitive smasher. I play brawl for fun but at the same time, i always try to be a better smasher by analyzing, and learning how to use a move to it's full potential.

While i'm readying myself for a competition, it seems here on Indonesia they never had that kind of thing. Well, in that case i'll try to be the best between my fellow smashers.

I am most likely a Casual Smasher, although I enjoy finding and exploiting, to an extent, the glitches.
Hence my whole 'Taunt Parties are the best' thoughts.
I love to play Smash whenever I am bored, feel like it, with friends, or when I feel like beating Fox/Pit down to oblivion, I play Brawl whenever.

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
Competitive-Hardcore

I am positive of this. I always feel a little annoyed at losing a match, for whatever reason - if I'd made a small button mistake or items were on - though I can still tolerate Taunt matches and respect those who want to keep it. I'll quite happily fight someone else who's bored of them, however. Also, when I find a good technique for one of my characters which I think I can learn, then I will spend every spare second on Brawl drilling it into my head. I am also quite openly hostile to people who cannot get themselves out of things like spamming and using items in 'competitive' matches, but I can acknowledge when someone has beaten me 'fair and square' and will more often than not try and incorporate tactics I learn from such people into my strategy.

Do I sound like one of those people you described? Yes. Sue me for it.

PWNZ3r0

Smash Cadet
In the fountain of forgotten and haunted dreams..
I am positive of this. I always feel a little annoyed at losing a match, for whatever reason - if I'd made a small button mistake or items were on - though I can still tolerate Taunt matches and respect those who want to keep it. I'll quite happily fight someone else who's bored of them, however. Also, when I find a good technique for one of my characters which I think I can learn, then I will spend every spare second on Brawl drilling it into my head. I am also quite openly hostile to people who cannot get themselves out of things like spamming and using items in 'competitive' matches, but I can acknowledge when someone has beaten me 'fair and square' and will more often than not try and incorporate tactics I learn from such people into my strategy.

Do I sound like one of those people you described? Yes. Sue me for it.
i agree with that statement and i am a legit hardcore player

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
I'm sending this to the next guy who says "Tiers are 4 queers, tourney***s suck the ufn out of brawl and melee wasn't as fun in any way at all."

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I am -extremely- competitive and hardcore. Before anything else is done in a smashfest, I must play a lot of friendlies with everyone.

Of course, every once in a while, I turn on the good ol' items and play in Summit with Luigi for laughs... Have you seen that crazy turn-around animation on the floor of the stage? LOL!

Folm

Smash Cadet
I'm a competetive smasher, games arent as fun if you dont play competetively and want to get better.

Top Bottom