• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What type of Smasher are You?

Cheapless Jared

Smash Apprentice
I know how you feel. All my friends all have X-Box 360s and I don't (not that I especially want one). Don't you hate it when 360 fanboys are all like "Why don't you have an X-Box 360?! It's only like the greatest system ever!". *sighs*
I totally know. They say that the wii is all kiddy and audienced at children and families, but what about games like No More Heroes? Yeah, thats a pretty childish M rated game.

Foofshenheimer

Smash Cadet
i do believe im a competitive smasher surrounded by casual smashers. ( locally)

I know how you feel. All my friends all have X-Box 360s and I don't (not that I especially want one). Don't you hate it when 360 fanboys are all like "Why don't you have an X-Box 360?! It's only like the greatest system ever!". *sighs*

ive been known to be very anti-xbox, b/c i dont like playing shooters/sports games which is ALL xbox put out for a very long time. xbox struck me as the console for the casual gamer, now the sudden burst of rpgs on the 360 is making me feel somewhat differently about the console. thank goodness im stubborn as #### or i would cave in and buy one.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
I can confidently say I am a Casually Compeditive Semi-Hardcore Smasher (If everyone gets banned but Ganondorf people people think that Metaknight and Snake and Marth deserve banishment only because they are too good, and the issue snowballs out of control, I will be cross with people). However, I wish to aquire the skills to become Pro. Not to want to cheat, but what would be the best way to do that, besides going to tournaments and killing every living and non-living celestial being within my grasp?

I don't want any shortcuts or anything.... it's just that when I'm not going to tournaments or Brawling, what should I be doing?

Scinn

The Fluffiest
NNID
BLKROCKET25
heh i'm just a regular smasher that has deystroyed many EPIC FAILS because almost every brawler i faced sucked balls untill i found out about this site now i can face people at tournys and wi-fi if i feel like it. The good part is some people play at my level but bad part most suck i'm training with a few pros will not name them and am a realy big johner i think i'm pro not sure ( most likely not ) well i'm very smart when i brawl so i make few mistakes well now you know what kind of brawler i am.

just because you destroy your friends at school does not mean you are good ;).

EDIT: am not competitive at all unless its a tourny

J

jamesgarner201

im a pretty casual-hardcore player i love super smash brothers i even remember that random day i decided to play brawl with all the special options on :)

Ikenomon

Smash Apprentice
I would say I am a casual smasher because on Wi-Fi I pick stages like Temple and leave the items on. Lastly, I am a calm player. Actually, I am calm most of the time while playing.

Cron_Ace

Smash Rookie
According to your post, that makes me a Competitive/Hard-Core Smasher.

When they didn't put Dr. Mario in Brawl (made me PO'd because he was my fave), I didn't care after a few months. I stood in line at Wal-Mart for 13 hours, being #1 until mid-night when everyone else showed up. I didn't care; Brawl was WORTH IT.

As for being Competitive...I don't just goof off when I play, like some of my friends. I try to win most of the time, and the other half of my time I try analyzing my game and trying to perfect my skills against certain characters. I know I'm not the best, by a LONG shot. I'm not the worst either. I just want to play the game and have fun, not go against someone who uses an attack over and over.

So yeah, I'm a Competitive/Hard-Core Smasher.

Cron_Ace

Smash Rookie
Im casual and a little competitive

My strategy is to go crazy offensive then when i score a KO i be more defensive and build up as much damage as i can before i get KO'd
Fixed.

Sorry for double post, but that's how most smashers are (try to kill the other player, then try to build up damage on them before you die). Or that's how I am, except I'm WAY to aggressive when it comes to playing.

we like ike

Smash Apprentice
the depths of hell allso know as my liveing room
alow no one to stand in my way unless its a teammate then friend healer and if i dont need it take the heart my moto is this :) KILLTHE ENEMY! ERUPTION GIVE THEM A CHANCE TO FIGHT BACK BUT NOT TO MUCH JUST ENOUGH TO MAKE IT FUN! allso if your my teamate im a nice teammate to play with lol

O

ohTWINE

I classify myself as a competitive smasher. I'm trying to hone my own skills, but I don't have anybody to play against since there are very few competitive smashers where I live. It is quite frustrating.

N

n0cturn0

i´m competitive and semi-pro

i wish to be best of my town

soy competitivo y un poco pro

de verdad deseo ser el mejor de mi ciudad y estoy cerquita de eso, asi que me pondre a practicar mas ^^

L

lucas and samus10164

yes i always pick new pork city or temple and very competitve when it comes to playing online with friends or just mess around and have a good time ^ ^

superguy333

Smash Rookie
I play Brawl every once in a while. When I get online play, you'd all best not laugh at my suckage TOO much...
I don't care if you do, but please don't.

OutlawStar

Smash Apprentice
I`m a casual/competetive smasher,
I like fighting someone 1 on 1 that is better than me
with no items and getting better,
but I still love a free-for-all on Corneria with all items on.

PhatyCHONG

Smash Apprentice
Defensive on some characters - Olimar, Toon link, Marth
Offensive on others - Diddy Kong, IC

I play competively and don't bother with Wifi

M

mohkie

I'm a very offensive player and tend to be a bit reckless at times. I'll attack at just about every opportunity with anything.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Thats a situation I have with my friends, they all have 360's, and I don't. I mooch off of them, but like,they think they are great at halo and such, and I absolutely suck at 360 games. I'm not very good at the new grand theft auto, and that was one of my favorite games.
I know a few people like that... One asked me "If I brought my 360 to play either SC4, or Halo 3, what would you pick?" I replied "SC4". Then he said "WHYYYYYYYYY!?!?! I'd rather play Halo 3!"

:/

Hehe I'm a melee/brawl smasher. Pro? No, I suck. :[ But of course I compete at tournaments when I can.

L

LastGuyStanding

I'm probably a competitve smasher. I also try to learn how to use all the characters in the game as well as I can. So far, I suck with Captain Falcon and Ice Climbers.

The Cunning Weasel

Smash Master
I think I'm going to take a break from this game. I really wanted to get good, but nonetheless, it's fun watching the pros on livestream and such. I go for casual I suppose

Plummn

Smash Cadet
Very Good, very good!

Very good job! I'm not sure what type I am, but I am very good at brawl...

Luigi_Lova62

Smash Journeyman
I consider myself a casual/pretty hardcore smasher.
I play melee at home and Brawl at my cousin's house. I'm planning to get Wii+brawl for my b-day next month.

Melee: Pro with Luigi and DK. Still working on Falco.

Brawl: Jus started with Wolf on Sunday April 5, 2009. One of the most SEXIEST CHARACTERS I'VE EVER PLAYED IN MY LIFE, in a good way. Aaaarrroooooooooooooooo!!! I'm thinking about making Luigi, falco and DK secondaries.

Tsukiko

Smash Rookie
Um I'm a little bit reckless and I guess that's how I get myself killed sometimes ( Like suicide or I get killed by a completely easy-to-dodge move.... something like that I guess >.< ) I play competitively...but mostly, like _Icy_, it depends on my mood.

D

D3STRUCTO1D

Whoa....I skipped to the bottom, but the 1st few sentences of that 1st post were kind of...ridiculous. I think it's fun to test your true skill (no distractions; 1v1 and no items) and I'm not even pro. Yeah....I've won several consecutive tournaments at various high schools before I graduated, but that doesn't mean I don't like playing with items and such.

Items I prefer on:
Bom-omb
Super Mushroom
Heart
Mr. Freezie
Super Scope
Metal Box
Bunny Hood
Beam Sword

Top Bottom