• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What type of Smasher are You?

LSDX

Wah!
I consider myself a Passive Smasher. I classify this under being not too overpowering with my approach, but staying a calm in the heat of battle by using any available options from what I can see from the given moment. In a short, a very composed player.

Fenii

Smash Rookie
I would say that I'm a real Casual Smasher. I'm not one of those people who analyses all those fancy DIs, CGs or STDs...hell, I don't even understand what those tiers mean :S

I just enjoy playing the game, and through experience and common sense, I'll just get better. My first objective in the game is just to have fun, and I exclude myself to using only my favorite characters: not only the 'good' ones. Winning is just a bonus most of the time.

I also like to think of myself as part Pro Smasher, as I have years of experience, knowledge of all characters, and well...I kinda kick *** for a 'simple mind' so to speak. I like to keep a fight nice and stripped down and enjoy the action. That's why I prefer using items, it just adds more spice to the gameplay, no heavy technical stuff.

In the end, I find games are always played for fun, and I feel that Smash Bros. is no exception.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'm somewhere casual and competitive. I play to win, but I like having fun in the process with things like items.

OrangeTang

Smash Rookie
I don't take it too seriously, but get annoyed if I keep running into attacks and people get off really dumb kills on me.

I've gone to one or two Brawl tourneys, but prefer Melee and usually play with friends.

Of course, no items and only neutral and counterpick stages, three stocks most of the time.

JesseMeza

Smash Cadet
I'd say I'm right in the middle of a Casual and Competitive Smasher. A hybrid if you will. We deserve a name just like everyone else. I guess you can call us Caspetitive Smashers. That has a nice ring to it. :)

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
I have to say that I'd be a Casual Compeditive Hardcore Smasher. I don't have the time to get to tournaments like I wish, and work my way into Pro Status. Maybe once I get into college I can do hat. And I felt like I never lived before Smash Existed, game wize, so I have to say that I don't think I can fit into Non-Smasher. :p I wanna be a Pro though. I NEED TO IMPROVE! I WANT TO FIGHT! I WANT TO GAIN POWER! I WANT TO BE RECOGNIZED!

I WANNA BE SOME BODY!

I'LL TAKE ANY CHALLENGE, FROM ANY ADVERSARY, NEWB OR MASTER, AND I'LL FIGHT YOU TO THE VERY END!

I WANT TO BE THE BEST!

But I still wanna have fun.

And I'd never abandon Smash Bros.

I think that about sums up my attitude.

Spoonbob

Smash Ace
I'd say competitive even though I have absolutely no way to do anything in the actual competitive scene...or tournament scene, whichever word you prefer.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Lol yeah but Brawllover is cool he is funny. :3 Its been a while since I have played smash, though. Since I'm getting a class or two, I might be able to play a lil at Valencia, yay.

heatran15

Smash Cadet
I am kind of a pro smasher cause I can be really dangerous in sudden death and one or two hits I win I only lost once in sudden death so I won 5/6 sudden deaths. One other thing I can really own and kick butt with Ice climbers I can be really dangerous so beware of you versus me.

SaberSlash49

Smash Rookie
-gasps- Here's my first post here lol. Well, I'm a bit under average. If there was a scale from 0 to 100, 0 being like " ZOMG YOU PHAIL IN LIEF", 50 being average and 100 is hardcore pro, then here's my stuff..

Falco (55) - I'm learning the basic combos, I'm starting to get good, and I can really make a comeback with him in the end, usually going into sudden death and win due to his attack priority.

Ice Climbers (45) - I JUST started on them, while I was playing some Zelos_ToS guy/girl/android yesterday, and I beat him/her/it with Ice Climbers four time, but I have FAR more to improve on. First, I need to get used to a Gamecube Controller, then I need to learn how to Blizzard Cancel for lag free Blizzards.

Samus ( ??? ) - I can randomly murder people pretty bad with her, and I don't really practice with her.

hiROI

Smash Lord
Pretty agressive with Daisy [Peach :/]
yet i know spacing quite well.
People say i use Daisy in a unusual and effective manner ;D

whiteboypro

Smash Rookie
UMMM ppl dont nooo about meeee jus cuzs it say no0b on my thing is noting imma pro
sooo yeaaa aim whit3boy178

brawl_n00b

Smash Rookie
I play with Wolf and I must say that I want to get better at smash, but I also want to have fun so I guess I'm casual and competitive (I dont think I spelt that right lol) also I usually go on the offensive alot but not the defensive much, I usually go head on and just plan out through the match.

Axel.EmO

Smash Cadet
Hardcore smasher

I play 7 hours per day
Well on a non college day
I'd consider myself as more hardcore than most
I complete the game a few days after I got it...
Plus first time online and I won 5/6 games

randomselect

Smash Cadet
Casual+Harcore Smasher

I play for fun alot of the time but I always unlock EVERYTHING as soon as I get a new Smash Bros.
I've won about 70-75% of my battles online so far, that's about it.
Oh and quite a few times I play for hours and hours at a time.:)

~Xin~

Smash Rookie
old school player with gg skills here been playing smash sence the first and now have owned all 3 :D

Reaperman64

Smash Apprentice
Hardcore-competitive (sort of)

I love the game...its that simple
i realy want to improve quickly but i refuse to sacrifice my own fun because its a generally accepted practice (cant use the fricken gc controller Wiimote plus nunchuck all the way)
I also play all ways to play with a slight biasd towards items

metayoshi

Smash Cadet
First and foremost, I guess I would be a hardcore smasher. I love the franchise, and though I think Sakurai went the wrong direction with Brawl, I still love the game. I'm nowhere near pro, but I'm definitely competitive. I despise items and anything that adds luck when it comes to "who's better". That's not to say playing with items isn't any fun. There's definitely a casual side to me since my roommate plays with items, and I've been forced to stop caring if i lose because of a Bob-omb that drops right in front of my F-smash. Of course, if I had the choice, items would be off. I've played at a few local tourneys, and I've never gotten close to winning 1st, but I still love the tournament scene, and I host a few of my own with a small community.

RAGE21

Smash Rookie
Super Smash Bros. Brawl Is The Best Game!!!!!!!
I Have Completed The Whole Game With All 544 Trophies And All Challenges.
I Play Brawl For About 8 Hours Almost Every Single Day!!!!

SSBbo

Smash Journeyman
heh heh, i love reading these posts... for teh lulz.

after i bacame able to ko anyone with any item, i stopped using them.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
competitive hardcore.

I have gone to tournaments for melee and brawl, play online tournaments for 64 and brawl, compete in online ladders for brawl, and I am in a top smash 64 clan and one of the top online clans for brawl.

I do have a casual side otherwise which happens every so often. I play from both sides of smash.

BrawlMario31

Smash Rookie
Competitive Hardcore

Havent been to any IRL brawl tourneys but have been to Melee tourneys.
Have played in Online brawl tourneys and competed in all seasons of the ladder.
I am also dedicated to my Main. I make Mario look high tier. :3
Am always looking for new ways to improve my Mario.

Top Bottom