• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What to do against MK...

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
im actually liking this discussion... polmex should add" what to do against campy snakes" on the op.. or better yet someone should make " what to do against _____" thread..

@ Atash, we kinda did, best discussion me and you ever did LOL. but like they didnt make a summary so iunno. we'll grab jack it later tho.

PolMex23

Smash Champion
Some tactical mastermind you are...
shut up xD

im actually liking this discussion... polmex should add" what to do against campy snakes" on the op.. or better yet someone should make " what to do against _____" thread..
truu!!!!!

xD

Me, Boss, an Lou, should all start really talking about how to handle certain characters...

I think we really have to do this...

Including you Hipster, an Mann.

TheMann

Smash Ace
MK is like the only character that gives me real problems. But if you really think about it MK gives every character problems :(.

Oh and peach for some reason is an odd match up to me. I guess I'm not used to characters having more priority than weegee lol. But yea I do agree that we need to talk about the tough match ups more.

elheber

Smash Lord
NNID
elheber
Marth is a breeze. SH dAir/fAir to Fireball galore to easily keep that pansy at bay. He's just like MK in that he does almost all the work of approaching, and Luigi reaps all the benefits. You pretty much SH dAir and then react to see if you should nAir/FFAD/Fireball/Cyclone on the way down.

Even though I've gotten better against them, the ICs are still my #1 enemy. And then Wario... his horizontal air speed destroys my spacing. Then Samus. **** Samus, I hate you.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
kays girls, kig made what to do against ______ discussion. let's throw out those bloody blasted questions there <3.

lol polmex.. i've been to like 7 tourneys so far... so im still techanically tourney newb xD... but chillin with dudes like anti, bum, ninjalink,snakeee etc.. lead me into the right direction..

elheber

Smash Lord
NNID
elheber
Well let me put it this way... of all the arse kickings I get from the best players I've played, Marth is one of the least I get my rear beat down by. I think I said it on this thread before... that when someone who's beating me silly with every other character switches to Marth, I turn it around.

So, relatively, Marth is a breeze. If the other person is unquestionably better than me, he'll still win with Marth... but he won't 3 or 2-stock me the way he would if he had used Samus or Snake or ICs. I just feel too comfortable playing against Marth, even if he's used by the best players I've played (and they do like to use him).

BigLøu

Smash Lord
kirby's hitbox for his aerials are extremely weird. I can see why he wouldn't like kirby with luigi, I dunno too much bout that matchup though, but i do know kirbys aerials>luigis

mio

Smash Ace
I don't know if this has been talked about yet... but my friend and I have been playing the Luigi vs. Metaknight match up and Luigi's Usmash stuffs MK's tornado pretty often.

Luigi has very limited options in this match-up because his strength is aerials, and MK has even better aerials than Luigi. You have to play really patient and look for clear openings; if you try to go toe-to-toe with him then you'll just get beaten out by his superior speed and range. Luigi's tornado definitely catches people off guard, you can spam it, and it can lead into combos/setups if you execute correctly. Also use fireballs when at a distance, because even if they don't do a lot of damage, you're controlling space and you can bait him to come in close. In the air, Luigi's only move that competes with MK is the nair, and if he's good then you probably won't even be able to land that very often so don't try to rely on it.

Metaknight is best when his sword reaches just outside your hitbox range, because he can just keep dsmashing/dtilting/sh.fairing to keep you out. So generally speaking, you should try to be either far away from MK where you can fireball/tornado, or up close where you can land combos (Up B's and fsmashes will be really important for killing).

chic

Smash Ace
i got wrecked by gnes' marth @ whobo and have played dphat's (top tx player) marth many times in biweekly with similar results... they just seem to always get through my fireball and my retreating dair defense... i try to tornado them but i guess i am so far away when i do it they are always able to shield grab me. oh yea, and maybe i'm slow, but when ever i try to jab lock them they always up b out of it. when they see me trying to approach w/o tornado they just spam fair and the range on that is insane....so frustrating xD. that tip is gay too.. (HIPPYDUDE)

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
h0m0 chic. lrn2baitupb. srsly lol. if marth keeps consistently upb-ing, bait it nub. just do a jab 1 then shield then punish that *******. just powershield the fairs they throw out, srsly. Boss said they just randomly throw out fairs and hope they hit but get pissed cuz he always powershields them fairs =3. oh and fireball spam doesnt work on offline CHIC!

Magus420

Smash Master
In general, don't jab cancel/lock Marth off a successful jab. Only hit him with one jab then d-smash or maybe turn around u-tilt at low % for doing damage or up-b to kill. The 1st time usually has them reacting to being hit around when they are going into landing lag and would then be unable to escape with an up-b, but any after the 1st removes a lot of the reaction factor and they'll easily be able to get one off before landing. If they have very good reaction time or are often anticipating your jabs, and so you're frequently getting up-B'd even out of your single jab setups, then it'd be a better idea to bait out the up-b after some of them so they'll be less likely to risk using it.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
mine is kirby......

thats it i have no problems with others...
Huh weird. I'd think you could actually camp against Kirby...Also I find Up-smash and U-air is beastly against him. Those two attacks can kill him and they outprioritize him.

And as I was saying, fireball camp him...and get him to approach since he sucks at it. He also sucks at actually camping back too.

GZeus

Smash Rookie
One of my friend is a skilled and dangerous MK player and the only one to give me a serious challenge ( The fact is he knows every technics of MK as I with Luigi ). I figured that there is no real good technics to beat him easily. However, It depends on the way you use your moves AND how he does. Reaction is the key. But, here's the problem, MK is one of the hardest character to beat due to his "instant" hits. Of course, knowing his "Routine" helps a lots. If he's an "impulsive" player and you rely on few combos, you'll be soon in real trouble.

So, the keys are ( which is the basics of any fighting game) :

-Reaction
-Wide range of moves to react efficiently to suit most situations.

PolMex23

Smash Champion
His mario is the best...so, thats not surprising.

But beating chu means you have a mind...so Boss is amazing.

An why is ADHD hating on you boss? What you do now? xD

Top Bottom